'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 251 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #7501 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
For the Hound I wish you luck with that bet, dead is dead and not all are shown. The Hound has even less of a story line to go with than Stannis

I definitely think the Hound is still alive...he never died on screen...he was wounded and dying but I could see someone coming along and getting him to a Maester...the Hound has had different partners throughout the various seasons (Joffrey, Sansa, Arya) so he could easily latch on with another person or group...plus I think the show has hinted from the beginning that the end game for him is 1 final face off between the Mountain vs the Hound...the Hounds' face got scarred because of his brother and I think he will get his vengeance before the series is over
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7502 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 05:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2354 Post(s)
Liked: 1173
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I definitely think the Hound is still alive...he never died on screen...he was wounded and dying but I could see someone coming along and getting him to a Maester...the Hound has had different partners throughout the various seasons (Joffrey, Sansa, Arya) so he could easily latch on with another person or group...plus I think the show has hinted from the beginning that the end game for him is 1 final face off between the Mountain vs the Hound...the Hounds' face got scarred because of his brother and I think he will get his vengeance before the series is over

Stannis didn't die on screen and neither did Shireen but they still happened you don't need to die on screen to be dead dead.

Sent from nowhere
post #7503 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Stannis didn't die on screen and neither did Shireen but they still happened you don't need to die on screen to be dead dead

Shireen was not escaping being tied up and burnt in a fire...Stannis was not escaping Brienne's sword (unless she missed on purpose and decided to keep him as a prisoner instead)...with the Hound no one was actively in the act of killing him...he was gravely wounded but who knows how much time he had left...not making his death definitive leaves open the possibility of a return...if GRRM and/or the showrunners wanted him dead dead they would have left no doubt
post #7504 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Stannis didn't die on screen and neither did Shireen but they still happened you don't need to die on screen to be dead dead.
True, but the Hound still has to kill the Mountain, errr rekill To have all this build up of the zombie Mountain only to have him kill by some random person would be a huge let down at this point.

Quote:
Dead is dead and that's not something I think the actor or the creators want to backtrack on. JS is dead dead, the way out and what I have been thinking is that he "could" come back redirected as someone else. If you want JS however, that was the last of him.
Sorry this isn't Lost, dead isn't dead, ask Beric Dondarrion. Let me quantify this even more then, Kit Harington will be back playing a character strongly resembling Jon Snow.
post #7505 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 05:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by estand View Post
True, but the Hound still has to kill the Mountain, errr rekill To have all this build up of the zombie Mountain only to have him kill by some random person would be a huge let down at this point.

Sorry this isn't Lost, dead isn't dead, ask Beric Dondarrion. Let me quantify this even more then, Kit Harington will be back playing a character strongly resembling Jon Snow.

Dead is dead, when it comes to certain characters. As I have said before JS may be dead, but that doesn't mean KH won't come back as someone "new". If this were lost then people could come back via time travel and flash backs and other means. Take a look at the interviews and the Behind the episode....

As far as the mountain goes there are many people who want him dead. The Hound is not the only one who could serve out justice and at least one of the others is still alive and has already dealt some of her own revenge.

Sent from nowhere
post #7506 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 05:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
Shireen was not escaping being tied up and burnt in a fire...Stannis was not escaping Brienne's sword (unless she missed on purpose and decided to keep him as a prisoner instead)...with the Hound no one was actively in the act of killing him...he was gravely wounded but who knows how much time he had left...not making his death definitive leaves open the possibility of a return...if GRRM and/or the showrunners wanted him dead dead they would have left no doubt

He was in the middle of nowhere bleeding out and was not able to get up and walk anywhere. That pretty much sealed the deal if what you say is true anyone who hasn't died on screen has a "chance" to come back that just isn't the case.

Sent from nowhere
post #7507 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
John Snow will return to the story... somehow. Just like Gandalf in LoTR, these characters of prophecy need to die and be "reborn" to reach their true power.

Cersei needs to clear her name and get full legal power back. She could welcome a trial now, and use the Westeros "trial by combat" to clear her name. Her champion would of course be Franken-Mountain.

The Dothraki are a primitive culture that only respects the horse and rider, they will be impressed by a rider on a flying dragon, if she can reunite with him. Although, I don't know how a barbarian horde will help Daenerys anymore in Meereen than the Unsullied did.

Sansa and Theon/Reek grew up playing in the snow around Winterfell. They probably jumped from castle walls into high snow drifts many times (but that fall in the show did appear a little unbelievable.)
post #7508 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 05:58 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Quote:
He was in the middle of nowhere bleeding out and was not able to get up and walk anywhere. That pretty much sealed the deal if what you say is true anyone who hasn't died on screen has a "chance" to come back that just isn't the case.

Sent from nowhere

It's the old Schrodinger's hound situation.
Garrett Adams likes this.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #7509 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:

Is that a stealth book reference?
post #7510 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post
Is that a stealth book reference?
Never read them so not intentionally. It just make too much sense for the Hound to kill his older brother, especially now with FrankenMountain who i'm betting will be shown as nay unstoppable. And since the one question that George asked B&W before they started the show was about Jon Snow....well that speaks for itself.
post #7511 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 374 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post
POSSIBLY DEAD:
Reek
Ellaria
Sansa Stark.

Sansa and Theon jumped in a giant hill of pulver snow and Ellaria swallowed the antidode right after her nose bagan to bleed.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #7512 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post

Sansa and Theon jumped in a giant hill of pulver snow and Ellaria swallowed the antidode right after her nose bagan to bleed.
Any chance Jamie's buddy might still have some of the antidote with him?
post #7513 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoski View Post
Another thing, pretty sure Danny just got herself one huge kick ass army.
I don't like how things keep falling into Dany's lap. She keeps getting bailed out. It's kind of boring.
post #7514 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 06:26 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
He gets a spin off wherein he opens a tavern and slings tall smuggling yarns to his regular customers. His Pirate friend is always showing up with the hot babes and causing trouble. They argue all the time but they're also really good friends.

... and he writes all about it in a tome that becomes a best seller.

HJ
...esse quam videri
post #7515 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
Ellaria can't die... a really good looking brunette bad girl? They can't kill her off yet.
They killed Myranda.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #7516 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post
Does the book describe the size and shape of her breasts .
Yes, it does.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #7517 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
Any chance Jamie's buddy might still have some of the antidote with him?

If you are talking about Bronn, then no he drank it all to heal himself.

Sent from nowhere
post #7518 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post
John Snow will return to the story... somehow. Just like Gandalf in LoTR, these characters of prophecy need to die and be "reborn" to reach their true power.

Cersei needs to clear her name and get full legal power back. She could welcome a trial now, and use the Westeros "trial by combat" to clear her name. Her champion would of course be Franken-Mountain.

The Dothraki are a primitive culture that only respects the horse and rider, they will be impressed by a rider on a flying dragon, if she can reunite with him. Although, I don't know how a barbarian horde will help Daenerys anymore in Meereen than the Unsullied did.

Sansa and Theon/Reek grew up playing in the snow around Winterfell. They probably jumped from castle walls into high snow drifts many times (but that fall in the show did appear a little unbelievable.)

The trial by combat I don't think will apply in this type of trial. They do not fall under the rules of Westeros as they are held and judged by a religious group.

Sent from nowhere
post #7519 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
They killed Myranda.

Theon killed her.

And she was one of Theon's two "girlfriends" having a good time with him, right before he lost his.... parts.

-- David

Last edited by wdkerbow; 06-16-2015 at 05:33 AM.
post #7520 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Never read them so not intentionally. It just make too much sense for the Hound to kill his older brother, especially now with FrankenMountain who i'm betting will be shown as nay unstoppable. And since the one question that George asked B&W before they started the show was about Jon Snow....well that speaks for itself.
The hound is dead and staying that way. Nothing in the show alluded to anything else. Want to know for sure? See if the actor that played him is under contract for next season. I'm quite sure it's no. Regarding JS, the plausible return is resurrection by the red witch. I don't think he needs to have changed any either- the resurrection did not seem to alter berric (sp?) much. Did George ask b&w about "JS" or did he ask them to name the character? Big difference in making your point.
post #7521 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Out of everything that has happened... Tyrion Lannister - still going strong!

Oh, and I think Jon Snow is still alive, or significant to the story in some way, in any case. The extended death scene seems like a not-so-subtle clue that he'll be around in some capacity.

Same with Sansa and Theon.

I guess I'm just an optimist at heart
post #7522 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkerbow View Post
Theon killed her.

And she was one of Theon's two "girlfriends"having a good time with him, right before he lost his.... parts.
Yup, she was the one who rode him. This scene was hot hot hot.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #7523 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
If you are talking about Bronn, then no he drank it all to heal himself.

Sent from nowhere
Well, they did have an exchange on the dock, she could have slipped him some or possibly poisoned him too, she bit him on the ear, LOL
post #7524 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 09:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 969 Post(s)
Liked: 1189
Kit Harrington has clearly indicated on the record that he is not coming back .. as well as debunked the fabricated rumors over his contract being extended thru Season 6 ...

And, the thread has grown to be chock full of spoilers ... intentional or not, they are here ..
jamieva likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #7525 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 09:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
Well, they did have an exchange on the dock, she could have slipped him some or possibly poisoned him too, she bit him on the ear, LOL

She likes him lol, she doesn't need to poison him any longer

Sent from nowhere
post #7526 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 09:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Kit Harrington has clearly indicated on the record that he is not coming back .. as well as debunked the fabricated rumors over his contract being extended thru Season 6 ...

And, the thread has grown to be chock full of spoilers ... intentional or not, they are here ..

Tis what happens when the other thread is slow this thread tends to stay active. Sometimes people do it just to be aholes......I guess some cleanup has happened, or I scrolled over the spoilers. Haven't seen anything crazy posted except for speculation. You may be referring to the casting news which normally our thread is good about keeping out. I have a feeling though that a leak this early could be a fake out.

Sent from nowhere
post #7527 of 7777 Old 06-15-2015, 09:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 969 Post(s)
Liked: 1189
Quote:
Tis what happens when the other thread is slow this thread tends to stay active. Sometimes people do it just to be aholes......I guess some cleanup has happened, or I scrolled over the spoilers. Haven't seen anything crazy posted except for speculation. You may be referring to the casting news which normally our thread is good about keeping out. I have a feeling though that a leak this early could be a fake out.
The other thread has always been slower post wise .. Harrington is not coming back .. if his persona is manifested in anything, it won't be Harrington playing it ..

This season, he has done everything possible to stay in the public eye .. likely at the advice of his agent, knowing he would not be back / get all the exposure you can now ..

.. Season 6 is said to start filming in July I believe ..

“I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.”

The episode’s director, David Nutter, confirmed Jon Snow’s demise in similarly unflinching terms, telling Variety, “I can say emphatically that Jon Snow is definitely dead.”

As for Harington, he’s already begun to turn the page: “I’m looking for movies for next year,” he said. “I’m in a very lucky place—I can turn things down and do what I want to do. There’s a couple movies I’m looking at, but I can’t really talk about them yet. I might take a holiday. I might try writing. I’m trying to figure it out.”

When asked point-blank of Snow is firmly gone—as in, is actor Kit Harington released from his Thrones contract?—showrunner Dan Weiss told EW, “Dead is dead.”

“We would hope that after seeing the scene and the way it’s shot that the answer to that will be unambiguous in the minds of the people watching it,” Weiss explained. “It should be pretty clear what happens in by the time you’re done seeing that scene ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #7528 of 7777 Old 06-16-2015, 12:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
It's the old Schrodinger's hound situation.

or the old Russian in the woods Sopranos analogy...we never saw him die so people always assumed he would be back again one day...sadly he never returned
post #7529 of 7777 Old 06-16-2015, 01:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Went back and watched the episode where Melisandre visits Thoros of Myr and she seemed amazed at Thoros' ability to revive the dead, calling it "impossible." So clearly she'd never done it before. So if she is to revive Jon Snow, it will be a first for her.

The Lord of Light seems like the only true god in this show's universe. What other god on this show has revived the dead and sent shadow assassins to kill an enemy? That's why I'm so confused on how Melisandre's visions in the fire did not come to pass. What did she and Stannis see in the fire that made them so confident that Stannis would prevail? And why did it not come to pass?

post #7530 of 7777 Old 06-16-2015, 02:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post
What did she and Stannis see in the fire that made them so confident that Stannis would prevail? And why did it not come to pass?

she saw a great battle in the snow...her visions are correct she just misinterpreted who was supposed to be the leader or servant of the Lord of Light
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page