'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 260 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-17-2015, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Traditionally, I re-watch each season after some time has passed .. I started my re-watch of Season 5 last night .. I always get a little more out of it the second time around ..
I do much the same, watched 4 just before 5 started. Plan on watching 4 and then 5 and the 5 just before 6 comes on.
I am so surprised that I would ever become this big a fan of anything. Its Arya's fault. Season 1 episode 1 was the hook, my daughter at 6 or 7 looked just like her with much the same attitude. It never changed right up to her death 2 years ago at 35.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2015, 07:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post
I do much the same, watched 4 just before 5 started. Plan on watching 4 and then 5 and the 5 just before 6 comes on.
I am so surprised that I would ever become this big a fan of anything. Its Arya's fault. Season 1 episode 1 was the hook, my daughter at 6 or 7 looked just like her with much the same attitude. It never changed right up to her death 2 years ago at 35.
I am sorry for your loss Phil....
Nayan likes this.

Bobby 

Old 07-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 144
That's too young. I'm very sorry for your loss, Phil.
barth2k and Nayan like this.
Old 07-18-2015, 05:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Thanks guys. And she was still sticking them with the pointy end. I could understand Jamie's pain
Old 07-18-2015, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Liked: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post
OMG. That's just awfully sad. My thoughts are with you, Phil.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Traditionally, I re-watch each season after some time has passed .. I started my re-watch of Season 5 last night .. I always get a little more out of it the second time around ..
Same here - there are only a few worthy of revisiting. GOT rates at the top in many respects.
Nayan likes this.
Old 07-18-2015, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Off topic posts removed. Talk about the show, not the politics of the actors.

Thanks.
gwsat, John dhein, Nayan and 1 others like this.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Damon Lindelof: Why Game of Thrones Season 5 is excellent and haters are silly

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/18...f-game-thrones

excellent article...Lindelof makes a lot of good points...

"But as a storyteller, if you can make one, let alone two, excellent hours of television a season if you’re doing eight or 10 episodes—an excellent episode by all accounts—I think what people don’t realize is that in order to produce those excellent episodes, there have to be episodes that set that up"

"You only need to demonstrate excellence once a season for me to view the entire season as excellent, or the entire show as excellent. And Game of Thrones is able to do it at any one time"

"I don’t watch television to find things to gripe about, and I think we live in a clickbait-y media culture that exists to pick things apart. I love-watch Game of Thrones, so I’m immensely forgiving of things that perhaps are not the strongest attributes of the show"
markmathers likes this.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Most of the haters are/were upset that Snow was killed off, IMO. I thought it was a great season.
Ph8te and markmathers like this.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
Most of the haters are/were upset that Snow was killed off, IMO. I thought it was a great season.
i think most of the bashing came long before the finale. I enjoyed the latest season very much but definitely view it as the weakest of the bunch.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1033 Post(s)
Liked: 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post
i think most of the bashing came long before the finale. I enjoyed the latest season very much but definitely view it as the weakest of the bunch.
Yep .. I just finished off a re-watch .. great, just not quite as great ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 08-20-2015, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by djb5f View Post

agreed...Season 5 was the weakest of all the seasons thus far...but that is comparing GoT against itself, which is a high standard...some people think that if you call it the weakest season you somehow hate the show...I consider GoT the best TV show ever but I also can criticize the show when I feel it deserves it
Tack likes this.
Old 08-20-2015, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
agreed...Season 5 was the weakest of all the seasons thus far...but that is comparing GoT against itself, which is a high standard...some people think that if you call it the weakest season you somehow hate the show...I consider GoT the best TV show ever but I also can criticize the show when I feel it deserves it
Kind of rate the series as a whole - don't pick on slow or "Weak" points too much (slow for me & better for others)
Agree, it's the best TV series produced

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition