'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 271 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2216Likes

Old 05-05-2016, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Liked: 836
I am amazed how good this show it. Sure, some things bother me, but no show can be perfect to everyone. The way they depict the characters, and especially the way they show each location is truly awesome. It is so well acted, stories are mostly great, and such a good blend of action/mystery/suspense. Just an amazing show that I wish could go on for many more years.
John dhein and cardoski like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2016, 09:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1516 Post(s)
Liked: 1795
I will now fully and completely Hang My Head in Shame as being one of the Few, the Proud, that felt Jon Snow was fully and completely Dead .. well, I guess he was, for a day or so .. my apology to my Fellow Threadsters for being as adamant as I was after last season concluded .. I hope we can mutually move on in Peace and Harmony ..

Was it just me, or did Asha really look like she had aged since we last saw her .. ??

Without going into Book Spoilage, I will say that it appears we are not done with the material, can you say Kings Moot .. ??
Turrican4D and jazzycat like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 05-05-2016, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2121 Post(s)
Liked: 2686
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I will now fully and completely Hang My Head in Shame as being one of the Few, the Proud, that felt Jon Snow was fully and completely Dead .. well, I guess he was, for a day or so .. my apology to my Fellow Threadsters for being as adamant as I was after last season concluded .. I hope we can mutually move on in Peace and Harmony ..

Was it just me, or did Asha really look like she had aged since we last saw her .. ??

Without going into Book Spoilage, I will say that it appears we are not done with the material, can you say Kings Moot .. ??
No need for head hanging. The prediction game is all part of the fun.
Ph8te, Luke Kamp and jazzycat like this.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Good thing he died at the Wall instead of some tropical place like Dorne where rot would have set in.
cardoski likes this.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 4174 Post(s)
Liked: 3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Who's to say you are wrong? JS may be gone, but he may have arisen to a different character
Old 05-05-2016, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGT View Post
So where did we leave off with Little Finger. The last I remember he was handing Sansa off to the Boltons and I think he was now the ruler of the Vayle. Is this correct?
Correct, come think of it he wasn't in the last 2 or 3 or so episodes of last season as well after he left Sansa at Winterfell, odd.
The show is just not the same without him. Next to Tyrion and Varys he's the only character who doesn't engage in idle chat. There is always more to what he says or do.
acebreathe likes this.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

The Hun

Last edited by thehun; 05-05-2016 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:22 PM
KOA
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Good thing he died at the Wall instead of some tropical place like Dorne where rot would have set in.

She is bringing JS back from the dead so I would think a little decomposition would be part of the collateral repairs. Life of Brian guy might be above her pay grade.
Tack likes this.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOA View Post
She is bringing JS back from the dead so I would think a little decomposition would be part of the collateral repairs. Life of Brian guy might be above her pay grade.
I thought Jon looked too good for a guy who'd been shivved like a dozen times. I've got surgical scars that look worse, and the doctors used scalpels and weren't trying to kill me
Mike_WI likes this.
Old 05-06-2016, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
Correct, come think of it he wasn't in the last 2 or 3 or so episodes of last season as well after he left Sansa at Winterfell, odd.
The show is just not the same without him. Next to Tyrion and Varys he's the only character who doesn't engage in idle chat. There is always more to what he says or do.
I think the last time we saw Littlefinger he was in Kings Landing promising Olenna Tyrell a gift (hinted to be a boy of some importance?) This was just before Cersei was arrested by the High Sparrow.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran O'Hern View Post
I think the last time we saw Littlefinger he was in Kings Landing promising Olenna Tyrell a gift (hinted to be a boy of some importance?) This was just before Cersei was arrested by the High Sparrow.
You could be right, sounds familiar but vaguely, time to re-watch I guess..........

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

The Hun
Old 05-06-2016, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
You could be right, sounds familiar but vaguely, time to re-watch I guess..........
It's dead on. IMDB has Littlefinger's last appearance as episode 7 of season 5: The Gift. The Synopsis says:
"Littlefinger meets Olenna at his now ruined brothel, destroyed by the Sparrows. Olenna doesn't have time for his nonsense and tells him not to bother pretending he cares about House Tyrell. She notes that their fates are joined by their murder of Joffrey and that if things fall apart she won't protect him. He tells her that Cersei wanted information from him and he gave her some, but not all that he knows. And he tells Olenna he has a gift for her, the same kind he gave Cersei, a handsome young man."
thehun, Tack and jazzycat like this.

PS3/4 ID: Mav_26_
Old 05-06-2016, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Has Littlefinger gathered up Gendry?
Old 05-06-2016, 01:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post

Gendry is a new artist on Prestige Worldwide.....He is now the blacksmith formally known as Gendry.
Old 05-06-2016, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
Littlefinger's gift to Olenna was Lancel Lanister. That's what got Cersei thrown in the dungeon. I'm still not sure what Littlefinger told Cersei, though. Anyone figure it out?

Now that I think about it, Littlefinger's gift to Cersei was the blonde manager who ran the brothel. He had shared a bed with Sir Loras. So that's how Loras ended up in the dungeon. Littlefinger certainly pulls alot of strings when you think about all the stuff that happens.
acebreathe likes this.

Last edited by bobbvis; 05-06-2016 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Another very good episode. It seems that each episode has so much packed into it there's hardly a chance to "breathe". Was surprised to see Rickon and Asha back in the mix. I have a feeling that they may be more trouble than their worth to Ramsey. That's just one more reason for people not to follow and for retribution. It was also good to see Samwell again, even if just for a small checkin. While I had heard complaints about Arya, I thought her story of anything is moving quite fast. Varys as always is a shining moment when he is on screen. Looking forward to see where all of this is headed. This season is going to be breakneck of things keep up the way they do.

Sent from nowhere
marjen likes this.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Overall good episode. Enjoying the flashback scenes that are really delving more into the past of some of the main characters and providing even more depth to them.

I cringed a bit at the delivery of Rickon into Ramsey's hands. I'm guessing some additional torture scenes with him will now be forthcoming....
jazzycat likes this.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Asha is the ironborn, Osha is the wildling.

Hurry up and kill another Stark. We had to wait months since the last Stark punching bag. It will be fun to find out how this one will die.

We need to get some more Stark kids in the world, fast. We will soon be out of people to kill.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post
Now his watch is ended.
Ha! As I said.
Sharp1080, Turrican4D and jazzycat like this.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Liked: 631
another fantastic episode...great seeing Rickon and Osha again...so the Umbers also turned against the Starks?...I guess the show needs to have some families side with the Boltons so they can have a formidable army...but it seems strange that so many Northern families previously loyal to the Starks would turn against them...I'm glad the Arya blind story was quick...I didn't want to see another entire season of her training only for it to pay off in the season finale

the Tower of Joy flashback was great...Ser Arthur Dayne was a badass with his duel wielding swords...I wish the show would focus on less characters more often so there isn't so much back-and-forth between a bunch of characters which ruins the pacing at times...for example the Sam and Gilly scene this week felt out of place and more like the showrunners needed to show them versus them fitting into the episode naturally...but the show has so many characters so I guess this is inevitable
Ph8te and jazzycat like this.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked: 531
For years I've been told (by people on the imdb boards, I haven't read the books) that Arthur Dayne was the best swordsman, as good or better than Jamie/Barristan. That is not what I saw tonight, it was a very amateurish swordfight. Maybe just bad choreography/filming and the actor chosen for young Ned was bad. I seem to remember the fights from earlier seasons seemed a lot more epic.

It was nice to see a bit of Sam. Much needed return to story telling which actually catches up on old threads. Sam becoming a maester has potential I think though I don't know how it will play out.

So for the first time ever, Jon Snow now has a chance to lead, he has loyalty from both the Nights Watch and Wildlings. So what does he do, after all his promises and claims for 3 seasons - he quits.
And Ramsay continues to be the cliched villain with zero depth. Another Stark to torture, yay!!

I don't really see how this season is any better than last.
Turrican4D likes this.

Last edited by Defcon; 05-08-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler_09 View Post
Overall good episode. Enjoying the flashback scenes that are really delving more into the past of some of the main characters and providing even more depth to them.

I cringed a bit at the delivery of Rickon into Ramsey's hands. I'm guessing some additional torture scenes with him will now be forthcoming....
Did you notice how Osha was looking at Ramsey though? I'm kind of wondering if this wasn't part of their plan (Osha, Rickon and the Umber dude). Like, an assassins way in. OTOH, he did dump a direwolf head onto the table... or did he? Maybe it wasn't a direwolf. Maybe it was just a large wolf's head. I, for one, am getting sick of seeing direwolves die.
John dhein and Turrican4D like this.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
So for the first time ever, Jon Snow now has a chance to lead, he has loyalty from both the Nights Watch and Wildlings. So what does he do, after all his promises and claims for 3 seasons - he quits.
Well... who says he's quitting? Just because he decides to leave the Night's Watch doesn't mean he's giving up the fight. This frees him up to lead a lot more men, and to finally get justice for what's happened to his family.
shivaji likes this.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

@TitusTroy I think Samwell will have a role to play, so they needed to show that he was "still traveling". Not sure they could "fit in naturally" since they are connect to John and The WW invasion.

Sent from nowhere
jazzycat likes this.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzycat View Post
Well... who says he's quitting? Just because he decides to leave the Night's Watch doesn't mean he's giving up the fight. This frees him up to lead a lot more men, and to finally get justice for what's happened to his family.
Who's he going to lead? He's not the commander anymore, he's not a lord, he's a nobody at this point. As Commander he can actually command both the NW and the wildlings. I really hope they do something sensible with him.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Why didn't the Umber kill Ramsay? He has a Stark and the rest of the North is going to gladly follow him instead of a psychopath like Ramsay. Even the Karstark would've jumped ship in an instant.

It makes zero sense.
John dhein and Turrican4D like this.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Who's he going to lead? He's not the commander anymore, he's not a lord, he's a nobody at this point. As Commander he can actually command both the NW and the wildlings. I really hope they do something sensible with him.

You can make an argument either way to make an argument. He doesn't need to be commander to lead he wildlings. The wildlings would follow him regardless (and actually much more easily without being LC).

Quote:
Why didn't the Umber kill Ramsay? He has a Stark and the rest of the North is going to gladly follow him instead of a psychopath like Ramsay. Even the Karstark would've jumped ship in an instant.

It makes zero sense.

He said he didn't agree with his father's decision and decided to side with the Boltons. It doesn't make zero sense, knowing the size of the armies that are on Ramsey's side.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 389
Quote:

The Night's Watch are sworn to protect the Wall. They cannot go with Jon on whatever he is planning on doing next. The Wlidlings, however, were saved by Jon and big red head dude is his ally.
shivaji, Ph8te, Turrican4D and 1 others like this.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:40 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
For years I've been told (by people on the imdb boards, I haven't read the books) that Arthur Dayne was the best swordsman, as good or better than Jamie/Barristan. That is not what I saw tonight, it was a very amateurish swordfight. Maybe just bad choreography/filming and the actor chosen for young Ned was bad. I seem to remember the fights from earlier seasons seemed a lot more epic.

It was nice to see a bit of Sam. Much needed return to story telling which actually catches up on old threads. Sam becoming a maester has potential I think though I don't know how it will play out.

And Ramsay continues to be the cliched villain with zero depth. Another Stark to torture, yay!!

I don't really see how this season is any better than last.
There's a phrase for people like you, it's called "that guy". And seriously you don't want to be "that guy" Yet here we are. Seriously just stop watching TV and movies. A "that guy" will always nit pick and never be happy so stop torturing yourself and just sit alone in a a room in the dark where life can no longer disappoint you.
Karl Beem, John dhein and mldardy like this.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzycat View Post
I, for one, am getting sick of seeing direwolves die.
A whole 3 in 53 episodes. more children have been shown to die than direwolves. This apparently doesn't bother you.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
You can make an argument either way to make an argument. He doesn't need to be commander to lead he wildlings. The wildlings would follow him regardless (and actually much more easily without being LC).

He said he didn't agree with his father's decision and decided to side with the Boltons. It doesn't make zero sense, knowing the size of the armies that are on Ramsey's side.
I thought that the only armies on Ramsay's side are the Boltons, and the KArstark, and they wanted the support of the other North houses. Even Ramsay/Roose wanted a Stark as a figurehead to make that happen, which is why Roose said Sansa was so important.
John dhein and jazzycat like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition