'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 295 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2268Likes

post #8821 of 9403 Old 06-15-2016, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4543 Post(s)
Liked: 3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGT View Post
So what are the outstanding secrets in play at this time?

1. Sansa wrote a letter.
2. Cersai has her confirmed rumour from Cyburn.
3. Varys has left on a 'secret mission'

While we don't know exactly who Varys is going to, we must assume that it's to Westeros to get ships (iron islands/Dorne/etc). This is gleaned from his conversation with Tyrion right before he left. I guess the "secret" is who and where?

Sent from nowhere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8822 of 9403 Old 06-15-2016, 11:40 AM
KOA
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGT View Post
So what are the outstanding secrets in play at this time?

1. Sansa wrote a letter.
2. Cersai has her confirmed rumour from Cyburn.
3. Varys has left on a 'secret mission'

4. Robert Parker's rating of Imp's Delight.

post #8823 of 9403 Old 06-15-2016, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 718 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Not even close.
Why not? All what Preston says in his review(s) is true. You just don't want to hear the truth.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.

post #8824 of 9403 Old 06-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 410
I was going to watch the video and see what the conversation was about, but I hated every second of what he was doing and just couldn't listen to whatever he was saying.

I don't normally read or watch any other info about the show other than this forum, but somehow stumbled on a YouTube video a couple weeks back that goes super in depth on each episode. They analyze everything you can think of, even how certain camera angles are used. They are really insightful. They do reference differences in the books, so you guys afraid of books might not be interested. There are no book spoilers as far as I'm aware. From what little there is left to spoil. They do theories and give you the time stamp to skip ahead if you want to avoid them.
Also seems to take them a week to put up a new video.
Here is the video for Ep 7

post #8825 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 1267 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
Why not? All what Preston says in his review(s) is true. You just don't want to hear the truth.
Because what he is saying is not true and he refuses to understand what is happening and instead wants to only make fun of the show/episode. It is possible to take snippets of the best show to ever air (whatever that may be in your opinion) and make fun of it/criticize it. If you do that, it doesn't make you right, it just makes you look like a moron who has no clue what is going on.

post #8826 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
This season has been one of my least favorite. They have to many story lines going at one time to cover in an hour which forces them to either leave holes in the story line making you wonder "what happened in between" or just skip a story line for that episode.
post #8827 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2144 Post(s)
Liked: 2360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickity Split View Post
This season has been one of my least favorite. They have to many story lines going at one time to cover in an hour which forces them to either leave holes in the story line making you wonder "what happened in between" or just skip a story line for that episode.
I could not disagree more profoundly. To me at least, this has been one of the show's best seasons. I have gone back and started to rewatch each episode. When I saw episode 2 again, I was struck by how well done was the scene at the end of the episode when Jon Snow came back to life. First we see Jon's dire wolf suddenly coming wide awake, followed by Jon's eyes snapping open as he gasps for air. What isn't to like.
WilliamR and cardoski like this.
post #8828 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I could not disagree more profoundly. To me at least, this has been one of the show's best seasons. I have gone back and started to rewatch each episode. When I saw episode 2 again, I was struck by how well done was the scene at the end of the episode when Jon Snow came back to life. First we see Jon's dire wolf suddenly coming wide awake, followed by Jon's eyes snapping open as he gasps for air. What isn't to like.
lol. This may sound convoluted but I do agree with you. If I had the time I'd also like to re watch all the seasons to refresh my memory on specific events that come back in this season but unfortunately I just don't have the time.

I should have worded my statement. This season is good providing you can remember what happened from season to season as they have been referring back to previous seasons quite frequently. My problem is I can't remember the exact details.

So to sum up my previous post into 1 sentence... I don't like this season as much because I can't remember anything past yesterday!
gwsat likes this.
post #8829 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4582 Post(s)
Liked: 10687
Finished episodes 6 and 7 of my season 5 BD set last night. I gotta say, I really don't like Ramsay Bolton. Kudos to the actor because he's topped Joffrey.
Sharp1080, cardoski and jazzycat like this.

post #8830 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Finished episodes 6 and 7 of my season 5 BD set last night. I gotta say, I really don't like Ramsay Bolton. Kudos to the actor because he's topped Joffrey.
+1
gwsat likes this.
post #8831 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 647
Quote:
THIS season? LOL, they've all been like this one in that regard. It's never been a show where stuff is neatly packaged for all parties every week.
post #8832 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post
THIS season? LOL, they've all been like this one in that regard. It's never been a show where stuff is neatly packaged for all parties every week.
I watched the first 4 seasons back to back in a couple month period, then season 5 and 6 episode by episode...
post #8833 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 718 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Because what he is saying is not true and he refuses to understand what is happening and instead wants to only make fun of the show/episode. It is possible to take snippets of the best show to ever air (whatever that may be in your opinion) and make fun of it/criticize it. If you do that, it doesn't make you right, it just makes you look like a moron who has no clue what is going on.
Appearently you didn't watch his other videos.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #8834 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2575 Post(s)
Liked: 3476
Quote:
I watched the first 4 seasons back to back in a couple month period, then season 5 and 6 episode by episode...

Yeah, that's a big difference like that. Re-watching a season back to back reveals all kinds of info that you somehow missed the first time too.
post #8835 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Liked: 858
I think there is a large subset of people who watch the show but dislike it only in context to the greatness of the books...so they love the books and love the show less because they feel it is either spoiling the books or not doing the books justice...
post #8836 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2144 Post(s)
Liked: 2360
Quote:
lol. This may sound convoluted but I do agree with you. If I had the time I'd also like to re watch all the seasons to refresh my memory on specific events that come back in this season but unfortunately I just don't have the time.

I should have worded my statement. This season is good providing you can remember what happened from season to season as they have been referring back to previous seasons quite frequently. My problem is I can't remember the exact details.

So to sum up my previous post into 1 sentence... I don't like this season as much because I can't remember anything past yesterday!
Understood! One advantage of being retired is that I can use a second viewing of a show as a crutch to make up for diminishing brain cells.
post #8837 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Understood! One advantage of being retired is that I can use a second viewing of a show as a crutch to make up for diminishing brain cells.

I'm with you I'm also retired and every episode since the show started always get watched twice. At first I'm excited to watch on Monday sometimes too much that I miss things that are revealed in my second viewing.

"well you know what doctor I'm going to go home take two aspirins and call you a b****"
post #8838 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

here's an interesting theory concerning Varys and his secret mission...pretty clever...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/varys-mis...185208674.html
Tack likes this.
post #8839 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2575 Post(s)
Liked: 3476
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
here's an interesting theory concerning Varys and his secret mission...pretty clever...

Hmmmm..... Only thing that stands out to me
Spoiler!
post #8840 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 04:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Hmmmm..... Only thing that stands out to me
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
post #8841 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:

The opening sentence of that is it contains season 6 spoilers..... Luckily, I stopped right there.

The title of this thread contains the words NO SPOILERS! What's wrong with this picture?

Bobby 

post #8842 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 05:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby94928 View Post
The opening sentence of that is it contains season 6 spoilers..... Luckily, I stopped right there.

The title of this thread contains the words NO SPOILERS! What's wrong with this picture?

huh?...are you being serious?...the article contains spoilers for things that already occurred this season...not future spoilers...if something already occurred on the show then it's not a spoiler...and why would anyone click on a link detailing a plot point involving Varys unless they had already seen this season to know what the story is even referencing...I'm going to assume the poster was making a joke...
gwsat likes this.
post #8843 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1185 Post(s)
Liked: 408
post #8844 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
huh?...are you being serious?...the article contains spoilers for things that already occurred this season...not future spoilers...if something already occurred on the show then it's not a spoiler...and why would anyone click on a link detailing a plot point involving Varys unless they had already seen this season to know what the story is even referencing...I'm going to assume the poster was making a joke...
Considering we still have one more episode to go in Season 6, how am I or anyone else to know if any of those spoilers involve what we haven't seen?

Bobby 

post #8845 of 9403 Old 06-16-2016, 10:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Considering we still have one more episode to go in Season 6, how am I or anyone else to know if any of those spoilers involve what we haven't seen?

how would anyone be able to write spoilers for something that hasn't aired yet?...only sites like reddit post shady spoilers...everything is based on predictions or theory's but some of them may happen to be true but that doesn't make it a spoiler...it's just intelligent people posting their theories...if you want to avoid all speculation then that's your prerogative but it's not a spoiler
post #8846 of 9403 Old 06-17-2016, 01:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
how would anyone be able to write spoilers for something that hasn't aired yet?...only sites like reddit post shady spoilers...everything is based on predictions or theory's but some of them may happen to be true but that doesn't make it a spoiler...it's just intelligent people posting their theories...if you want to avoid all speculation then that's your prerogative but it's not a spoiler
Because someone has released legitimate spoilers for this season already. Someone over on reddit, I believe, posted a synopsis for the whole season and has apparently been proven correct every time so far. I've managed to avoid reading them (knowingly, anyway), but there's always one moron who delights in spoiling what's to come for others. I've limited the forums I read that discuss this show for that very reason.
Ph8te likes this.
post #8847 of 9403 Old 06-17-2016, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post
Because someone has released legitimate spoilers for this season already. Someone over on reddit, I believe, posted a synopsis for the whole season and has apparently been proven correct every time so far. I've managed to avoid reading them (knowingly, anyway), but there's always one moron who delights in spoiling what's to come for others. I've limited the forums I read that discuss this show for that very reason.
And that is the very reason I started this thread back in the first season, first episode. It gave us a place to converse and speculate about the show without book knowledge and spoilage. It's a simple thread, if you know about the books, don't discuss what you know, if you have inside information, don't discuss it here. There is an entirely different thread right here at AVS that is wide open to GOT discussion, spoilers and all. Go there for your spoiler fixes...

'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed ***

Bobby 

post #8848 of 9403 Old 06-17-2016, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 317
Quote:
And that is the very reason I started this thread back in the first season, first episode. It gave us a place to converse and speculate about the show without book knowledge and spoilage. It's a simple thread, if you know about the books, don't discuss what you know, if you have inside information, don't discuss it here. There is an entirely different thread right here at AVS that is wide open to GOT discussion, spoilers and all. Go there for your spoiler fixes...

'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed ***
That thread is not "open" with spoilers and all. It's open to book spoilers. Any others needed to be handled with care.
gwsat and Turrican4D like this.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3)
Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4); Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4)
Subwoofers - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2) - Powered by Crown XLS 5000.
Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
post #8849 of 9403 Old 06-17-2016, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
That thread is not "open" with spoilers and all. It's open to book spoilers. Any others needed to be handled with care.
Good point!

Bobby 

post #8850 of 9403 Old 06-17-2016, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1705 Post(s)
Liked: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Yes .. the reddit and any other legit intel regarding future episodes should not be used on either the spoiler / non-spoiler threads .. even though some try and cloak it in "speculation" to be cute .. it's unfair to those of us that simply want to watch the show play out without having to tip toe around AVS wondering what's what ..
Ph8te and cardoski like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page