'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 301 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2254Likes

post #9001 of 9383 Old 06-21-2016, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 457
BTW this was the 3rd "saved by the bell" this season alone all concerning a Stark plus companion[s] . Sansa and Theon in episode one by Brien, then later Bran and that girl [can't remember her name] by Benjin Stark, and now the battle. I can't remember a season that had this frequency of a similar plotline but I could be wrong about that.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

The Hun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9002 of 9383 Old 06-21-2016, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
BTW this was the 3rd "saved by the bell" this season alone all concerning a Stark plus companion[s] . Sansa and Theon in episode one by Brien, then later Bran and that girl [can't remember her name] by Benjin Stark, and now the battle. I can't remember a season that had this frequency of a similar plotline but I could be wrong about that.
Considering all the bad luck the Starks have had in the previous 5 seasons, you could look at those as a reversion to the mean. It's about time they caught some breaks.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #9003 of 9383 Old 06-21-2016, 09:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked: 1865
Cheers to the New and Improved Sansa ..

RIP Wun Wun .. sigh, you fought like no other could ..

Another large step toward the End Game ..

This season feels like it just started yesterday ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #9004 of 9383 Old 06-21-2016, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 44
♫♪ Who let the dogs out? ♫♪

Oh, it was Sansa.
thehun, taxman48, gwsat and 3 others like this.
post #9005 of 9383 Old 06-21-2016, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 813 Post(s)
Liked: 673
the preview for Episode 10 still shows Dany and company hanging out in Meereen...good Lord I thought they were going to begin their march towards Westeros now that they have enough ships...get a move on it...Tyrion's message to the last slave master was the perfect ending for Meereen- "tell everyone what happened when Daenerys Stormborn and her 3 dragons came to Meereen"

an epic final shot for Season 6 would be a wide camera shot of Daenerys, her 3 dragons, Unsullied army, Dothraki, Second Sons and Greyjoy fleet all leaving Meereen...
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #9006 of 9383 Old 06-21-2016, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2196 Post(s)
Liked: 2815
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
the preview for Episode 10 still shows Dany and company hanging out in Meereen...good Lord I thought they were going to begin their march towards Westeros now that they have enough ships...get a move on it...Tyrion's message to the last slave master was the perfect ending for Meereen- "tell everyone what happened when Daenerys Stormborn and her 3 dragons came to Meereen"

an epic final shot for Season 6 would be a wide camera shot of Daenerys, her 3 dragons, Unsullied army, Dothraki, Second Sons and Greyjoy fleet all leaving Meereen...

I liked that too and thought it had a nice Godfather vibe to it.

gwsat and TitusTroy like this.
post #9007 of 9383 Old 06-21-2016, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 457
I think the next episode will be about Cersei's trial.

Quote:
Considering all the bad luck the Starks have had in the previous 5 seasons, you could look at those as a reversion to the mean. It's about time they caught some breaks.
To me it wasn't about who was saved, but rather it was overused in this season IMO.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

The Hun
post #9008 of 9383 Old 06-21-2016, 03:10 PM
AVS Special Member

the scene with the other 2 dragons (Rhaegal and Viserion) joining Drogon was a bit confusing...did they break out of that cave because Daenerys called for them (like a mental link)?...or because Drogon called for them?...or because one of the slave master ship's cannons accidentally hit that cave and damaged the walls making it easy for them to escape?
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #9009 of 9383 Old 06-21-2016, 03:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
the scene with the other 2 dragons (Rhaegal and Viserion) joining Drogon was a bit confusing...did they break out of that cave because Daenerys called for them (like a mental link)?...or because Drogon called for them?...or because one of the slave master ship's cannons accidentally hit that cave and damaged the walls making it easy for them to escape?
That will likely be an unanswered question .. for me, they just plain had enough and it was time to get out and have some fun with Mom and Bro ..
archiguy and Ph8te like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #9010 of 9383 Old 06-21-2016, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:

Please no more big Dany moments to end the season.
oneeyeblind and Turrican4D like this.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3)
Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4); Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4)
Subwoofers - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2) - Powered by Crown XLS 5000.
Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
post #9011 of 9383 Old 06-21-2016, 03:37 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 392
I took it as them freeing themselves somehow. They felt some good fire breathing mojo coming through the walls from big brother.

My excuse for Sansa repeating a comment she could not have heard is, she wouldn't have been the one to put him in the dog cage. So there must have been a discussion about where to put him or what to do with him and it came up then.
thehun and oneeyeblind like this.
post #9012 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 02:58 AM
AVS Special Member

When asked about Ghost’s absence at the 'Battle of the Bastards', Liam Cunningham — who plays Davos Seaworth on the HBO drama — told Tech Insider that leaving the direwolf behind was a strategic move by Jon. “Obviously a big battle like that is no place for a direwolf,” he said. “They’re not gonna last very long — I mean look at what happened to Wun Wun, the last of the giants.”

However, director Miguel Sapochnik revealed it was more of a budgetary concern. “[Ghost] was in there in spades originally, but it’s also an incredibly time consuming and expensive character to bring to life,” Sapochnik told Business Insider. “Ultimately we had to choose between Wun-Wun and the direwolf, so the dog bit the dust.”
post #9013 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 03:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
They came OUT to join mom. You can see the wall of the building blowing outward as they smashed through it with fire and brute force.

You will have to wait to see (if they even clarify it) that she called to them, or the dragon did, or they just heard what was happening and came out. If they heard it and wanted to come out they would have done it earlier since the battle was going on for a while. So they most likely sensed their link to mom (same way Drogon came to rescue her when she is in trouble ala the fighting pits).

post #9014 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 04:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 93
After re-watching this episode, the opening scene with Dany and Tyrion is one of my favorites. He looked terrified, even more so than the time he unchained the dragons--that look she gave him must've made him wonder if she too could breathe fire--but at the same time, his duty was to spell it out for her...scared or not. Good thing he did, because she was ready to go all "Mad King" on some cities.
oneeyeblind likes this.

thread closed
post #9015 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 04:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
They came OUT to join mom. You can see the wall of the building blowing outward as they smashed through it with fire and brute force.

You will have to wait to see (if they even clarify it) that she called to them, or the dragon did, or they just heard what was happening and came out. If they heard it and wanted to come out they would have done it earlier since the battle was going on for a while. So they most likely sensed their link to mom (same way Drogon came to rescue her when she is in trouble ala the fighting pits).
I also think they've portrayed the relationship, and how she communicates, with the dragons as some kind of "link"--they sense her needs and react accordingly. She clearly looked down at the entrance to their lair, and that was all they needed--they blew open the door and joined her.

In fact, I think the same can be said of the Starks and their DIreWolves--what's left of them anyway.
oneeyeblind likes this.

thread closed
post #9016 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMastr View Post
After re-watching this episode, the opening scene with Dany and Tyrion is one of my favorites. He looked terrified, even more so than the time he unchained the dragons--that look she gave him must've made him wonder if she too could breathe fire--but at the same time, his duty was to spell it out for her...scared or not. Good thing he did, because she was ready to go all "Mad King" on some cities.
The unchaining of the dragons may have helped in their breaking out in this last episode, he didn't chain them back up did he?
post #9017 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 08:36 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
My excuse for Sansa repeating a comment she could not have heard is, she wouldn't have been the one to put him in the dog cage. So there must have been a discussion about where to put him or what to do with him and it came up then.

If memory serves, she was present at the "leaders" parley prior to the battle. That's when the comment about the dogs was made.
post #9018 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 928
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestar48 View Post
If memory serves, she was present at the "leaders" parley prior to the battle. That's when the comment about the dogs was made.
True, but I believe she rode off after dropping the mike before the comment was made.
post #9019 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1069 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post
The unchaining of the dragons may have helped in their breaking out in this last episode, he didn't chain them back up did he?
No he didn't. When he unchained them they walked back, deeper in the building/cave/pyramid and into the darkness.
gwsat likes this.

post #9020 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 10:15 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
True, but I believe she rode off after dropping the mike before the comment was made.
That is correct. I went back and rewatched it, She rode away before he made the comment on the dogs.
post #9021 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

Bran has warging powers, Arya has faceless assassin abilities...maybe Sansa's Stark super power is bionic hearing
archiguy and oneeyeblind like this.
post #9022 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 10:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Sansa :: "I must make Ramsay pay for what he did to me and my Family"
Jon :: "Well, he did mention his dogs had not eaten for a week"
Sansa :: "Alrighty, then .."

Ramsay's end was one of the most fitting ever shown on the show, IMO .. as the dog lingered for a few seconds, Ramsay believing they would not attack, then, CHOMP ..
CycloneGT, gwsat and oneeyeblind like this.

Uncle Willie

post #9023 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2196 Post(s)
Liked: 2815
Quote:
Bran has warging powers, Arya has faceless assassin abilities...maybe Sansa's Stark super power is bionic hearing

A power she apparently shares with my wife.
archiguy and oneeyeblind like this.
post #9024 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Liked: 780
I'd say the greatest event of 2016 was Ramsay becoming Purina Puppy Chow.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #9025 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 03:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Ramsay's end was one of the most fitting ever shown on the show, IMO .. as the dog lingered for a few seconds, Ramsay believing they would not attack, then, CHOMP ..
Still think he got off too easily.

They should have hung him naked from chains by his wrists about two feet off the ground, made a few minor cuts in his legs to get the blood dripping and then let the dogs loose. That way he would have stayed alive long enough to watch himself being eaten.

Getting his throat torn open was too quick. Damned Stark mercy!
archiguy and mike1812 like this.

post #9026 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 04:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 4329 Post(s)
Liked: 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Still think he got off too easily.

They should have hung him naked from chains by his wrists about two feet off the ground, made a few minor cuts in his legs to get the blood dripping and then let the dogs loose. That way he would have stayed alive long enough to watch himself being eaten.

Getting his throat torn open was too quick. Damned Stark mercy!

He was still alive when Sansa walked away. Also, it was his jaw, not really throat. I wouldn't say he got off easy at all.

Sent from nowhere
Keenan, gwsat, acebreathe and 2 others like this.
post #9027 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked: 350
If Theon was around, Ramsey probably would have been hung so that the dogs would do to him what he did to Theon, before he'd lose consciousness.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #9028 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 06:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
He was still alive when Sansa walked away. Also, it was his jaw, not really throat. I wouldn't say he got off easy at all.
Shock and blood loss would have caused him to lose consciousness and die comparatively quickly. Beyond the first few seconds of general horror it would probably be over in less than a minute at most when his head and neck was the first thing to get ripped off. It's not even the worst death on the show. Being burned alive or used as a crossbow target for amusement would be more painful ways to go.

Compared to the raping, flaying and general torture he's inflicted that lasted far longer he was well deserving of the slow death that others have been put through.
oneeyeblind likes this.

post #9029 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 06:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 4329 Post(s)
Liked: 3698
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Shock and blood loss would have caused him to lose consciousness and die comparatively quickly. Beyond the first few seconds of general horror it would probably be over in less than a minute at most when his head and neck was the first thing to get ripped off. It's not even the worst death on the show. Being burned alive or used as a crossbow target for amusement would be more painful ways to go.

Compared to the raping, flaying and general torture he's inflicted that lasted far longer he was well deserving of the slow death that others have been put through.

Of course we don't really have the time for that anymore. Feeding him to the dogs as he has done to many was fitting. No time for slow drawn out deaths much anymore, they need to move the story along.

Have you been bitten by a dog (I have multiple times)? It's not exactly "easy". I'm not sure anything they did would have been satisfying to some fans.

Sent from nowhere
post #9030 of 9383 Old 06-22-2016, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked: 350
The truth is, in medieval Europe, they had a very well-developed machinery for torture so the grisly death would have come a long time after they were put on the rack.

And I don't know if they engaged in psychological torture, other than fear and intimidation at the prospect of pain.

What Ramsey did to Theon and Sansa is something that came out of modern writers' imagination. It would be physical pain all the time, not mind games.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page