'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-24-2012, 11:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

All of Grrm's characters are bent, twisted, ignorant, brilliant, sadistic, etc. essentially because they've lived horrible lives. The Starks are archetypes that shouldn't exist in this world. They are there so we will have someone to root for. What Grrm does with them is despicable. That said, The Imp, shaped by pain, smarter than most and the only character with a sense of humor, is easily the most attractive character to follow. Dinklage is a fine actor and hates playing a dwarf. He want's to be an actor that can play any role, whether supporting or a leading one. This is the best he's going to get...and he's taking advantage. Garrick Davis from Life's Too Short is also talented enough to do this role, but PD is prettier (even though the character is written to be ugly and deformed) and more like a Lannister (dwarf version). Since PD was the first casting choice and didn't turn it down (a good career move), we'll never know how GD would have turned out. However, I'll bet if he had gotten the role, he'd still be the most popular character in the series. Check out Life's Too Short and tell me he doesn't have the chops.

Don't totally disagree about the Starks, but really that line of discussion belongs in the other thread so I won't say more. As far as the Imp being the only one with a sense of humor have to disagree. Jamie Lannister has cracked me up a few times.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2012, 12:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Don't totally disagree about the Starks, but really that line of discussion belongs in the other thread so I won't say more. As far as the Imp being the only one with a sense of humor have to disagree. Jamie Lannister has cracked me up a few times.

So has Bronn...yeah I agree with you somewhat, but Tyrion is there to put the looking glass on everyone with a wrye eye, with a 21st century contempary view. He's the sounding board for sanity and optimism in this mostly depressing realm.

As far as the other thread...my comments are about what I've observed so far. I'm in the know somewhat, though I've forgotten much. My observations in this thread are about what I've gleaned from the series.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

It really would be the best if Arya is the one who kills Joffrey

I think "perfect justice" would be if Sansa does the deed.
Joffrey's torture of her is most cruel.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

You would think a boy Joffrey's age would jump at the chance to play with two naked ladies.

When I saw the scene he reacted as if he wasn't even aroused. Maybe he's sexually not very competent or libido-challenged
Old 04-25-2012, 05:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I think "perfect justice" would be if Sansa does the deed.
Joffrey's torture of her is most cruel.

Personally, I think he should be killed multiple times. Maybe make it a Christmas special. ;-)
Old 04-25-2012, 06:33 AM

Liked: 17
I don't care what any of you say, the older chick with the red hair is ultra hot.
redvilln likes this.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post

I don't care what any of you say, the older chick with the red hair is ultra hot.

And for some reason has kept her clothes on all season. She looks like she may have put on a couple LB's since last season....not that it takes anything away from her at all.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
Old 04-25-2012, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goneten View Post

mmyeah, red hair-wise, I prefer Carice Van Houten might be time to introduce her to the hottest chick thread
Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

mmyeah, red hair-wise, I prefer Carice Van Houten might be time to introduce her to the hottest chick thread

Are we not talking about the same person? Or is there another older red head? Cat Stark possibly? For me, Natalie Dormer is still as appealing as she was in "The Tudor's"
Old 04-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I think he means Roz, the red headed prositute.

-- David
Old 04-25-2012, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdkerbow View Post

She's not really "older".

Cat and the Lord of Light lady that just gave birth to the shadow thingy are both older, maybe he meant one of them?

XBL & PSN: Vcize

Hit me up on XBL if you're going to be playing CoD Ghosts or the PS Vita

Old 04-25-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:

That's what I think too, the older of the two whores, and BTW I agree with him!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:

When I saw the scene he reacted as if he wasn't even aroused. Maybe he's sexually not very competent or libido-challenged

I see him more as a sociopath, and one who's aroused by the pain of others more than anything else.

In fact, I'm rather surprised that He hasn't had Tyrion killed yet (or tried to, at least), regardless of any political position he may hold. Joffrey has a rather cavalier attitude in his decision-making process, and in my eyes, has shown a lot of 'restraint' in this regard.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:15 AM

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post

I see him more as a sociopath, and one who's aroused by the pain of others more than anything else.

In fact, I'm rather surprised that He hasn't had Tyrion killed yet (or tried to, at least), regardless of any political position he may hold. Joffrey has a rather cavalier attitude in his decision-making process, and in my eyes, has shown a lot of 'restraint' in this regard.

It would be awfully difficult for Joffrey to muster up enough support to make a run at killing Tyrion. Tyrion recognized the threat early on and made to two key moves to ensure his head stays intact:

1. His continued employment of Bronn to shadow him wherever he goes.
2. His removal of Janos Slynt from the small council (who also happened to control the City Guard).
Old 04-25-2012, 10:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

Personally, I think he should be killed multiple times. Maybe make it a Christmas special. ;-)

Quote:

There YOU go again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflor View Post

It would be awfully difficult for Joffrey to muster up enough support to make a run at killing Tyrion. Tyrion recognized the threat early on and made to two key moves to ensure his head stays intact:

1. His continued employment of Bronn to shadow him wherever he goes.
2. His removal of Janos Slynt from the small council (who also happened to control the City Guard).

Exactly.
Not even his momma has the...uhh, balls to do it...yet.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 343
After the last episode, I'm really looking forward to Joffrey's demise.

I would like Sansa to rise above being a doormat Her demeanor is positively maddening, as compared to Daenerys, who would have one of her minions take off his head or do it herself There is no bigger contrast in how females carry themselves in this man dominated world. I have to think even Catherine would be ashamed of how her daughter so willingly accepts being abused & dishonoring the Stark tradition.

If Joffrey manages to survive until she arrives to claim the throne (I have not read the books so have no clue), it will be fun to watch her have him whipped before he's beheaded

Steve
Old 04-25-2012, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBaGeL View Post

Lord of Light lady that just gave birth to the shadow thingy are both older, maybe he meant one of them?

Please define 'older' ...that's her yes I was referring to, she's just 36, that's not exactly senile!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Please define 'older' ...that's her yes I was referring to, she's just 36, that's not exactly senile!

Then let's call her by her name and title: Melisandre, the Red Preistess.

-- David
Old 04-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
Corrected it for you...

Quote:

Then let's call her by her name and title: Melisandre, the Red HOT Preistess.

Old 04-25-2012, 02:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

I have to think even Catherine would be ashamed of how her daughter so willingly accepts being abused & dishonoring the Stark tradition.

No matter how it appears, Sansa is being smart. If she had acted in any other way, she would either be dead or maimed by now. (Although Tyrion did save her from the latter.)
Old 04-25-2012, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Book references deleted.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

No matter how it appears, Sansa is being smart. If she had acted in any other way, she would either be dead or maimed by now. (Although Tyrion did save her from the latter.)

I agree if she had played it any other way it would have been her end.
Joffrey really didn't want her to begin with...

Old 04-25-2012, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

Yes. Plus she's, what, 12-13 years old? And she saw her father beheaded a few feet away? She's in high survival mode, the only way she knows how. I get it.

And wouldn't it be sweet if she were the one to deal the final blow to Joffrey? Talk about your character development. :-D
Old 04-25-2012, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Quote:

And wouldn't it be sweet if she were the one to deal the final blow to Joffrey?

At this point, I'd prefer something like Murder on the Orient Express, where ALL of the Stark children have a stab at him.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:

Yes. Plus she's, what, 12-13 years old? And she saw her father beheaded a few feet away? She's in high survival mode, the only way she knows how. I get it.

And wouldn't it be sweet if she were the one to deal the final blow to Joffrey? Talk about your character development. :-D

last ep. didn't joffrey say he would get rid of her except that his mother wants her around for some reason.

i would venture the reason is trade value to get her brother/lover back.

neflixis our nemesis
Old 04-25-2012, 05:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:

So has Bronn...yeah I agree with you somewhat, but Tyrion is there to put the looking glass on everyone with a wrye eye, with a 21st century contempary view. He's the sounding board for sanity and optimism in this mostly depressing realm.

As far as the other thread...my comments are about what I've observed so far. I'm in the know somewhat, though I've forgotten much. My observations in this thread are about what I've gleaned from the series.

I didn't mean you had said anything not kosher for this thread. It was just I couldn't think of a way to respond without saying a no-no And I do agree the imp became the moral compass for the show after Ned's death, esp. to those unfamiliar with the books. And Bronn is about as cool as it gets.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
Old 04-25-2012, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

last ep. didn't joffrey say he would get rid of her except that his mother wants her around for some reason.

i would venture the reason is trade value to get her brother/lover back.

Yes, it's been mentioned that she's hostage and possible trade bait for Jaime. However, they lost Arya and won't admit it. I guess because it shows weakness...and they seem to be gambiting both girls, through Littlefinger, for the pretty Lannister. I'm not sure why. I'd either admit that Arya was missing and offer Sansa straight up or not admit it and offer Sansa, alleging that Arya would be held for future considerations. Granted, Jaime, in the Westeros verse, is probably considered the more valuable piece and neither side would probably give in...a MADofH (mutally assured destruction of hostage) standoff. That, BTW, is why idoit Joffrey is being held on a leash by Cersei and Tyrion. If he offs or harms Sansa, then Jaime's toast.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:39 PM

I think that Joffrey will eventually be taken out by The Hound in defense of Sansa.

Tywin Lannister now has Arya, but doesn't know it.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:

agreed!
the hound would also do

and I get it, too why she does what she does. but let's remember Arrya didn't put up with his bull (the baker boy scene in s1) - she stood her ground and she's probably half Sansa's age

also, Sansa's acting this way not just because of fear but also because she really does want to be a queen.\\

She's sacrificed her honor to the goal of becoming Joffrey's wife long before she was in physical jeopardy...she convinced her father to say he was a traitor which she knew was false, just because she believed Joffrey would spare him...she was proven wrong but still pleads that she wants to be his queen & even says she loves him in spite of his cruelty. she has made her choice & not just because of fear. She made it each step of the way. she chooses to stay there because she wants to be queen.

I hope she does turn on him and regain her honor...we'll see, won't we

Steve
Old 04-25-2012, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

Yes, it's been mentioned that she's hostage and possible trade bait for Jaime. However, they lost Arya and won't admit it. I guess because it shows weakness...and they seem to be gambiting both girls, through Littlefinger, for the pretty Lannister. I'm not sure why. I'd either admit that Arya was missing and offer Sansa straight up or not admit it and offer Sansa, alleging that Arya would be held for future considerations

- Cersei also wants Joffrey to marry Sansa for political reasons. Since she still is betrothed to Joffrey, it's a reminder that Robb is the one rebelling against the rightful king of Westeros.

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition