'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 357 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3533Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #10681 of 10690 Old Today, 01:53 PM
Senior Member
 
JCJetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Minooka, IL
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
I usually dont...as I never rewatch stuff...but Im actually thinking about it with this show.
For the huge improvement in audio/video quality alone, it is worth it. But then when start realizing, even from the beginning how many little clues and hints the show gives you - Episode 1 comes to mind - then it really becomes worth it. You pick up so much more from watching it over, and you get such a huge appreciation for the monumental production quality the show has.

Plus, for those of us that have home theaters of the crazier kind, it makes it that much more fun. The Blackwater battle is pretty intense as I've mentioned before. I cannot wait for the dragon strafing runs and whatever other goodies come from the next few episodes; they are all like shorter movies.
Ph8te and jazzycat like this.
JCJetta is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10682 of 10690 Old Today, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 7,592
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2873 Post(s)
Liked: 3964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Talk about leaks. I semi-sullied myself after a Taco Bell Chalupa at lunch.

The "facilities" at Taco Bell need to have three settings on the doors - Open/Occupied/SULLIED.
gwsat, Ph8te and TitusTroy like this.
Tack is online now  
post #10683 of 10690 Old Today, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 3,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1004 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I essentially had the end of ep. 6 spoiled for me last week. It was on another forum and they had spoiler tags on the content, but unfortunately, people use spoiler tags for every little thought or silly meme they want to post that it's difficult to know what are actual spoilers. I had done a good job sorting through them before but screwed up with that one. Knowing that one spoiler kind of let me figure out how the episode was going to go, especially looking at the preview. This is why I decided to watch the leak. I didn't want to risk being spoiled any further.
In this thread, there aren't supposed to be any spoilers of any kind. The spoiler tags I've used have just been in fun. Anything I have that has any book reference, I post in the other thread but not the other other thread.
Ph8te likes this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
daryl zero is online now  
 
post #10684 of 10690 Old Today, 03:54 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,414
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4752 Post(s)
Liked: 4298
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
when this show finally over is everyone gonna go buy the bluray box set or whatever they decide to sell/market ? I usually dont...as I never rewatch stuff...but Im actually thinking about it with this show.


I've bought them every season thus far, so unless there is something I'm missing that I want, then I wouldn't. As it's been said the A/V upgrade alone makes it worth getting, the extras are just icing on the cake.
TitusTroy likes this.
Ph8te is online now  
post #10685 of 10690 Old Today, 03:55 PM
Senior Member
 
jazzycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 351
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
when this show finally over is everyone gonna go buy the bluray box set or whatever they decide to sell/market ? I usually dont...as I never rewatch stuff...but Im actually thinking about it with this show.
Definitely! I've been thinking about going ahead and getting the ones currently out, but I'm hoping the whole series boxed set package might have some longer episodes with cut material. You know, like Peter Jackson did with LOTR. D&D have said they're filming the same amount of footage as they've filmed in past seasons, and this season and next don't have as many episodes. So maybe... ?

I'd really like to buy that catspaw blade replica but I can't afford it.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I've been buying them as they come out, so I won't buy the box set. This is one of two TV shows I have purchased. The other is the one season of Firefly.
Firefly was awesome, wasn't it? I was so mad when they cancelled that show. I also have that, and Serenity.
Tack likes this.
jazzycat is online now  
post #10686 of 10690 Old Today, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 4,562
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I've bought them every season thus far, so unless there is something I'm missing that I want, then I wouldn't. As it's been said the A/V upgrade alone makes it worth getting, the extras are just icing on the cake.

I also have every season on Blu-ray...the only thing I'm debating is whether I want to buy the eventual super-deluxe complete box-set whenever it comes out...I almost never double-dip but I might with this
Ph8te likes this.
TitusTroy is offline  
post #10687 of 10690 Old Today, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 4,562
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1337 Post(s)
Liked: 1156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzycat View Post
Definitely! I've been thinking about going ahead and getting the ones currently out, but I'm hoping the whole series boxed set package might have some longer episodes with cut material. You know, like Peter Jackson did with LOTR. D&D have said they're filming the same amount of footage as they've filmed in past seasons, and this season and next don't have as many episodes. So maybe...

for previous seasons David Benioff and Dan Weiss have mentioned that they've used pretty much everything they filmed hence the reason for a lack of deleted scenes on the individual Season Blu-ray sets...unless things have changed dramatically with these last few seasons I don't see a ton of additional content being released ala LOTR Extended Editions...I do see a ton of Behind the Scenes material that'll eventually be released along with better cover-art and extras along those lines
Tack, Ph8te, jazzycat and 1 others like this.
TitusTroy is offline  
post #10688 of 10690 Old Today, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 7,592
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2873 Post(s)
Liked: 3964
When I want to rewatch I just use HBOGO, but when it's over I'll definitely pony up for the whole set. Only other TV shows I've ever bought on disc was a few seasons of Seinfeld and the original Twin Peaks. It took ages for Twin Peaks to come out on disc too.
Tack is online now  
post #10689 of 10690 Old Today, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 19,183
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3305 Post(s)
Liked: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
When I want to rewatch I just use HBOGO, but when it's over I'll definitely pony up for the whole set. Only other TV shows I've ever bought on disc was a few seasons of Seinfeld and the original Twin Peaks. It took ages for Twin Peaks to come out on disc too.
Streaming has become so good in recent times, it takes a lot to convince me to buy any series on disk that I can see for no extra charge via streaming. That said, I will seriously consider buying the boxed set of the entire Game of Thrones series, especially if it has UHD HDR video and TrueHD Atmos audio.
Tack likes this.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+
gwsat is offline  
post #10690 of 10690 Old Today, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChldsPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 1,535
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 730 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I essentially had the end of ep. 6 spoiled for me last week. It was on another forum and they had spoiler tags on the content, but unfortunately, people use spoiler tags for every little thought or silly meme they want to post that it's difficult to know what are actual spoilers. I had done a good job sorting through them before but screwed up with that one. Knowing that one spoiler kind of let me figure out how the episode was going to go, especially looking at the preview. This is why I decided to watch the leak. I didn't want to risk being spoiled any further.
In this thread, there aren't supposed to be any spoilers of any kind. The spoiler tags I've used have just been in fun. Anything I have that has any book reference, I post in the other thread but not the other other thread.
Yeah, this was on blu-ray.com. There is a spoiler tag every other post. Once in a while, it's an actual spoiler.
ChldsPlay is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off