'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 361 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3653Likes

post #10801 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 05:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked: 1172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I'm guessing they wouldn't make the connection without GRRM approval since he's a semi pivotal character. Who know however if GRRM will do the same thing or just allowed it for the TV series.

I agree...I think Coldhands was meant to be Benjen in the books but maybe in the intervening years GRRM changed his mind or he might be changing some things around versus the show to keep things fresh for the books
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10802 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Does Benjen do anything more than rescue Bran and Jon in the books?
post #10803 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

why on earth is everyone going to King's Landing for this peace summit?...they can't be this stupid...Cersei just blew up the Sept of Baelor and killed a bunch of her enemies...it's 100% certain she is leading them all into another trap...she even sent Sansa an invitation which pretty much makes it a lock that she's planning another massacre to kill all her enemies...she probaby thinks that she can then take on the Night King by herself...her and Qyburn were seen having multiple secret meetings in a previous episode

in actual historical times of war when opposing sides agree to meet they never do it on enemy grounds...a neutral 3rd party location is always chosen...going beyond the wall to collect a wight was a dumb plan but meeting Cersei in King's Landing is monumentally stupid
sickkent likes this.

post #10804 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invincible11111 View Post
But she said something like she understands now because she's seen them with her own eyes. But this plan better lead to something, it's gonna be so annoying if Cersei just ignores it anyway.
Now we know how fast she can get up there...She could have just taken a day trip a while back.

I think the direction things have moved towards is more Comic Book, or Saturday Serial and away from the epic long form fantasy literature brought to the screen feel it once had.

I still enjoy it, but like many others, I don't enjoy having to repress my logical analytical processes that need to follow the stories thread and see it unfold in a believable way. Even in the realm of fantasy, the world created has laws and character development that give us certain expectations of that reality.
Zookster likes this.
post #10805 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4758 Post(s)
Liked: 4299
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Does Benjen do anything more than rescue Bran and Jon in the books?

The books end with the finale of 5 (Jon dead). As the D&D said, his "mission" was to save Jon and Bran and then he could "die".
post #10806 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Finally got to watch the recent episode earlier today and man was it good. This show seems to get more and more intense this season. It sucks it's coming to a close. Not sure why everyone is meeting Cersei at Kings Landing. Although here "brother" loves here - haha, I know deep inside he doesn't fully trust her and is scared of her. Am I the only one that gets that feeling? I think he's a good guy, but I see him dying soon. Just my thought. I have never read the books so I can only speculate. So what are the others thinking going to Kings Landing, are they really so naive? Shame Shame Shame Cersei

I read someone else's comment on Sansa and Arya knowing and trapping Little Finger. Let's hope that's what it is because all I can make out is that he's successfully manipulating both and coordinating something behind their backs.

-Judd

US ARMY: 11C4P08
Come on Retirement. September 2017, can't come soon enough!
post #10807 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 4938 Post(s)
Liked: 11431
Can't remember if this has been talked about or not. But there's no sense of time anymore. Gendry ran back to the wall, sent a raven and Dany showed up to save the day all pretty quickly.
StormCrow and Limp Fox like this.

post #10808 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Can't remember if this has been talked about or not. But there's no sense of time anymore. Gendry ran back to the wall, sent a raven and Dany showed up to save the day all pretty quickly.
This is true. I thought WTF, but the "Queens" entrance was perfect, so I let that thought go.

US ARMY: 11C4P08
Come on Retirement. September 2017, can't come soon enough!
post #10809 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2882 Post(s)
Liked: 3983
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCrow View Post
Now we know how fast she can get up there...She could have just taken a day trip a while back.

I think the direction things have moved towards is more Comic Book, or Saturday Serial and away from the epic long form fantasy literature brought to the screen feel it once had.

I still enjoy it, but like many others, I don't enjoy having to repress my logical analytical processes that need to follow the stories thread and see it unfold in a believable way. Even in the realm of fantasy, the world created has laws and character development that give us certain expectations of that reality.

Perfectly said.
post #10810 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1595 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
Speaking of Gendry, he's the son of Robert Baratheon to a supposed commoner. Didn't Cercei mention at one time she had a son born with dark hair? Could Gendry actually be the love child of Robert and her, and she just hid him away some where to save face? If so, I wonder how Jamie would react knowing that his sister had another child?
Tack likes this.
post #10811 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #10812 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2882 Post(s)
Liked: 3983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Speaking of Gendry, he's the son of Robert Baratheon to a supposed commoner. Didn't Cercei mention at one time she had a son born with dark hair? Could Gendry actually be the love child of Robert and her, and she just hid him away some where to save face? If so, I wonder how Jamie would react knowing that his sister had another child?

I like it!
post #10813 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 706
any thoughts on why the faces came into play between sansa and arya? Im already losing my memory from last night, might have to rewatch tomorrow...ty dvr.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #10814 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
any thoughts on why the faces came into play between sansa and arya? Im already losing my memory from last night, might have to rewatch tomorrow...ty dvr.

foreshadowing...I'm sure she's going to kill someone important soon...speaking of those faces in last night's episode- I think Walder Frey was one of the masks but I couldn't make out who the other one was...I've heard people speculate that it could be Black Walder or maybe even Ser Meryn Trant
post #10815 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

How to Tell Dany’s Dragons Apart on Game of Thrones

if you weren't sure which one died, you’re not alone...it’s a little tricky to tell the difference between Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal, so let’s figure it out...

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/game-...ons-apart.html
sickkent likes this.
post #10816 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 08:49 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
I don't remember mention of dark hair, but I recall stillborn.
post #10817 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 1595 Post(s)
Liked: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
I'm almost sure she made mention of dark hair but I'd have to go back and figure out which episode and then re-watch. However, a stillborn would still fit nicely cause it could've just been a made up story so no one would suspect anything. I just found it interesting that suddenly Gendry is back in the story and seemingly an important character now.
post #10818 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

"Such a little thing. A bird without feathers. They came to take his body away and Robert held me. I screamed and I battled, but he held me. That little bundle. They took him away and I never saw him again."

"She tells Catelyn that years ago she lost her first boy, a little black-haired beauty."

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/...(son_of_Robert)
post #10819 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM
KOA
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
Apparently some of the white walkwalkers are also white swimmers.
post #10820 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1412 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Wonder if the NK also fished out the wights who dropped into the lake when the dragons blasted the ice from underneath them.
post #10821 of 10821 Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Some Redditor figured out that it would have required four days for Gendry/raven/dragon from the battle site to Dragonstone and back. Based on best guesses, of course, of map distances, raven and dragon flight speeds, time for lake ice to freeze sufficiently to hold the weight, etc.

So were there any internal cues that they couldn't have been in the middle of that ring of wights for four days? Yes, it seemed shorter, but was there dialog one way or another?

Does it get dark at night north of the Wall in capital-W Winter?

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page