'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 362 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3735Likes

post #10831 of 10859 Old Today, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1355 Post(s)
Liked: 1190
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
Two questions that keep me up at night:
  • Bran basically knows EVERYTHING - he could arrange a 5-minute meeting with Arya and Sansa and tell them what Littlefinger is up to and clear everything up... but I guess that would be too easy.
  • What exactly are the dragons eating? Except for a couple of Drogon's escapades with Dany, all 3 dragons are basically idle around Dragonstone, which from what I've seen, looks to be a rather small, barren island with little to no wildlife. Remember when Dany was stuck in Essos in the slave cities and citizens were complaining of her then-adolescent dragons killing their livestock? Well now the dragons are about ten times bigger, and I don't see any livestock farming going on. Unless they're getting 100% of their food from the sea, or they're ranging FAR into the Westeros main continent, they should've starved to death by now.

Bran is over-powered and hence the writers needed to find a way to nerf him...so basically they're ignoring him...they also sort of nerfed his powers by having him not fully complete his training with the original Three-Eyed Raven hence he doesn't have full control of his abilities

we don't see the human characters eating that much yet we assume they are finding food...same goes for the dragons...shows don't like to show characters doing menial tasks like eating or going to the bathroom
jfbar1, Ph8te, jazzycat and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10832 of 10859 Old Today, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
  • Bran basically knows EVERYTHING - he could arrange a 5-minute meeting with Arya and Sansa and tell them what Littlefinger is up to and clear everything up... but I guess that would be too easy.
Bran doesn't KNOW everything. He CAN know a lot about the past when he knows where to look. I don"t think Sansa or Arya would go to see him and say "Please tell me what Littlefinger is up to." He has no reason to look for himself. He is much more concerned about the White Walkers.
Ph8te likes this.
post #10833 of 10859 Old Today, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2884 Post(s)
Liked: 3995
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
Bran is over-powered and hence the writers needed to find a way to nerf him...so basically they're ignoring him...they also sort of nerfed his powers by having him not fully complete his training with the original Three-Eyed Raven hence he doesn't have full control of his abilities

25 second timeout on his primary ability, max armor to 85 from 125, and a 30 percent larger hitbox. JK but they can't nerf him tooo much if he's going up against NK at some point.

Quote:
we don't see the human characters eating that much yet we assume they are finding food...same goes for the dragons...shows don't like to show characters doing menial tasks like eating or going to the bathroom

True, but the humans don't eat school bus size portions either. I understand that budget priorities probably prevent any more feeding scenes, but it would be awesome to see the dragons plucking some massive White Sharks or Killer Whales out of the drink and fighting over them.
StormCrow, jazzycat and sickkent like this.

post #10834 of 10859 Old Today, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
25 second timeout on his primary ability, max armor to 85 from 125, and a 30 percent larger hitbox. JK but they can't nerf him tooo much if he's going up against NK at some point.

True, but the humans don't eat school bus size portions either. I understand that budget priorities probably prevent any more feeding scenes, but it would be awesome to see the dragons plucking some massive White Sharks or Killer Whales out of the drink and fighting over them.
More likely that they will roast a cow or a stray horse or a pig (or many sheep) or stray humans on the mainland.
jazzycat likes this.
post #10835 of 10859 Old Today, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I was pretty perplexed/annoyed about the chains being there but a coworker pointed out to me that 1) the Night King seemed to be expecting the dragons and 2) they were Hardhome last season which is close to Eastwatch, and Hardhome was once a major shipping port. So now the chains don't bother me as much now that there's at least a plausible reason how they got them.

Personally I would have liked to see the NK walk out to the ice, bend down to touch it, and then we see the blue eyes under the ice right before he raises his head up through the ice.
DaMavs likes this.
post #10836 of 10859 Old Today, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1596 Post(s)
Liked: 1001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
I don't think it was a ploy as Robert had plenty of "bastards". Heck we even had a sequence dedicated to their murders (Gendry was spared). Cersi has been very heavy on her prophecy and if she had one survive, it would be "known". It would have been a good twist, but it's much too late in the game for something like that with no set up.
It was an interesting thought, and you're probably correct. However, given that the storyline has gone off track now, anything is possible. Given what she said about her dark haired boy that might be enough for the writers to consider it a set up. Who knows?
jazzycat likes this.
post #10837 of 10859 Old Today, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4764 Post(s)
Liked: 4304
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewloo View Post
I was pretty perplexed/annoyed about the chains being there but a coworker pointed out to me that 1) the Night King seemed to be expecting the dragons and 2) they were Hardhome last season which is close to Eastwatch, and Hardhome was once a major shipping port. So now the chains don't bother me as much now that there's at least a plausible reason how they got them.

Personally I would have liked to see the NK walk out to the ice, bend down to touch it, and then we see the blue eyes under the ice right before he raises his head up through the ice.

Just to add we don't know how much time passed. The army was heading in the opposite direction of Jon when he came up and it was only the end of the line. Also, in that dredge scene, there is a quick pan by what looks like either the remains of a dock or some other infrastructure that has chains attached.
DaMavs and TitusTroy like this.
post #10838 of 10859 Old Today, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Just to add we don't know how much time passed. The army was heading in the opposite direction of Jon when he came up and it was only the end of the line. Also, in that dredge scene, there is a quick pan by what looks like either the remains of a dock or some other infrastructure that has chains attached.
Excellent point on we don't know how much time passed. Backing up that thought, the lake had frozen over again which took a day or two for a small hole in the ice the first time much less how much longer a 747-sized dragon hole would take to freeze again. It's possible they just didn't show the long zombie march to get the chains from the docks...

It didn't help that they cut it like it was 10 minutes later though...

PS3/4 ID: Mav_26_
post #10839 of 10859 Old Today, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_man View Post
Bran doesn't KNOW everything. He CAN know a lot about the past when he knows where to look. I don"t think Sansa or Arya would go to see him and say "Please tell me what Littlefinger is up to." He has no reason to look for himself. He is much more concerned about the White Walkers.
As I understand it, while he may not know everything off the top of his head, he has access to that knowledge - kind of like being in possession of an ultra-powered magic 8-ball. Seriously, if he has enough time to snoop around Sansa's wedding night, Arya's crossroads decision to return to Winterfell... and we already know he knows about Littlefinger's "Chaos is a Ladder" remark, I don't think it's a big stretch for him to peek in on recent events and tell her sisters "hey, Baelish planted the note and is trying to divide you, k, bye... gotta figure out where the Night King found giant chains to drag out a frozen dragon corpse from the water now".

Having said all that, even without Bran's intervention, Sansa and Arya's discord feels a little forced and out of character to me. Part of me is hoping Arya is simply playing the part of being fooled by Littlefinger for a larger endgame, or better yet, both Sansa and Arya are playing off each other in order to reveal Baelish's true intentions. Sansa already KNOWS he can't be trusted, so why start confiding in him now, especially about family matters.
Tack, John dhein, jazzycat and 1 others like this.
post #10840 of 10859 Old Today, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMavs View Post
Excellent point on we don't know how much time passed. Backing up that thought, the lake had frozen over again which took a day or two for a small hole in the ice the first time much less how much longer a 747-sized dragon hole would take to freeze again. It's possible they just didn't show the long zombie march to get the chains from the docks...

(Hard)Home Depot was a mere 10 minute sled ride away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMavs View Post
It didn't help that they cut it like it was 10 minutes later though...
Agree. There have to be ways of shooting and editing that reinforces the passage of time. They don't seem to be interested in that this season though.
StormCrow and jazzycat like this.
post #10841 of 10859 Old Today, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
He was referring to dying in your sleep not hypothermia. The others were exposed to the same temperatures but remained alive due to not suffering from internal bleeding. Cauterizing the wound only stops the blood loss externally.
Yes, but no one else was wounded the same way Thoros was either. I think he died of the cold, but also in his sleep, so he got it both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post
He was also heavily drunk. That doesn't help with retaining body heat.
It would probably also help with going peacefully and not feeling any pain.

Quote:
good points...I totally agree about the writing not being as sharp as when they were following the book...then again it could be a result of this being the end game and not much is left in terms of character development and story arcs...all that's left is giant spectacle shock and awe showcases with ice dragons, fire, giant CGI armies etc that would fit right in as a Hollywood summer blockbuster...although I don't see GRRM creating this silly Arya/Sansa conflict...why have Arya training for years to become a faceless assassin and Bran training to become the Three-Eyed Raven only to totally put them on the sidelines with these silly stories...they should be more involved in the main story

some more points I was pondering...in the behind-the-scenes video from Episode 6 showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss always refer to Benjen Stark as Coldhands...in the books Coldhands is a character who helps Bran but is never explicitly revealed as being Benjen even though most book readers assume that he is...GRRM has stated that Coldhands is not Benjen...is he lying?...seems strange that Benioff and Weiss would refer to him as Coldhands in their behind the scenes production videos but they never call him that on the show

I mentioned this earlier but I don't like this new rule where killing a White Walker automatically kills all the wights under his control...it's cheap way to weaken the undead army and it's obvious the only reason they are now doing this is because they want to make it so that killing the Night King will pretty much end the war

several members have mentioned that the Night King can now use the undead dragon to cross the Wall and invade Westeros...I don't see that...the dragon can only carry 5-6 people and the NK can't go in by himself and a few lieutenants...the dragon is not going to make hundreds of trips back and forth carrying the wights...him and his entire army need to cross together and then he can unleash the dragon
It's known the that the showrunners have grievously departed from the books, so it's not at all surprising they would make coldhands Benjen Stark, even if George told them it wasn't.

Maybe the dragon can just destroy the wall? Or maybe that horn will do it? (Whatever happened to that horn anyway? Didn't they (Nights Watch, Jon or Sam or someone when they were out ranging) find it at some point?) The horn is supposed to be the only thing that can bring down the wall.

Personally, I don't think it's going to go at all the way we think it will. I don't know how it will go, but the armies south of the wall are seriously depleted from all the fighting, so they don't have the numbers to fight the army of dead, even if they all band together. And, especially since Cersei will try to betray everyone to her advantage. No, something else will likely happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
read alot of stories about real life people using drugs to perform better. just depends on the person and how much of the drug.
Drugs and alcohol, not the same thing. I think it's some kind of methamphetamine soldiers use, you know, speed, so they can stay alert for long periods of time. Alcohol does the opposite of that.

Quote:
excellent Behind the Scenes video detailing the Frozen Lake sequence from last night's episode...from zombie polar bears to wights, see how the icy battles in "Beyond the Wall" were captured...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx9dRL1BCCQ
HBO GO had this up, and now it's gone. It also had several other extras up for a couple of days, and now they're gone. Is anyone sle experiencing this with hbo go? It's freaking annoying.
post #10842 of 10859 Old Today, 02:43 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Liked: 436
I think it was Mance claimed to have the horn as a threat, but he never did.
jazzycat likes this.
post #10843 of 10859 Old Today, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzycat View Post
Yes, but no one else was wounded the same way Thoros was either. I think he died of the cold, but also in his sleep, so he got it both ways.

It would probably also help with going peacefully and not feeling any pain.

It's known the that the showrunners have grievously departed from the books, so it's not at all surprising they would make coldhands Benjen Stark, even if George told them it wasn't.

Maybe the dragon can just destroy the wall? Or maybe that horn will do it? (Whatever happened to that horn anyway? Didn't they (Nights Watch, Jon or Sam or someone when they were out ranging) find it at some point?) The horn is supposed to be the only thing that can bring down the wall.

Personally, I don't think it's going to go at all the way we think it will. I don't know how it will go, but the armies south of the wall are seriously depleted from all the fighting, so they don't have the numbers to fight the army of dead, even if they all band together. And, especially since Cersei will try to betray everyone to her advantage. No, something else will likely happen.

Drugs and alcohol, not the same thing. I think it's some kind of methamphetamine soldiers use, you know, speed, so they can stay alert for long periods of time. Alcohol does the opposite of that.

HBO GO had this up, and now it's gone. It also had several other extras up for a couple of days, and now they're gone. Is anyone sle experiencing this with hbo go? It's freaking annoying.
<<< deleted >>> posted in wrong spot
post #10844 of 10859 Old Today, 02:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1370 Post(s)
Liked: 712
alcohol/drugs i was thinking as a painkilling drug...probably all they had at the time to deaden the nerves so to say. but yea, not good. cant believe just 1 more episode for rest of year
jazzycat likes this.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #10845 of 10859 Old Today, 03:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

the director of the last episode of GoT (Alan Taylor) offered his take on people complaining about the fast pace this season and the timeline irregularities...

“We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy,” Taylor told Variety...“We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments...We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall...I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there...I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t...They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities...So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.”
post #10846 of 10859 Old Today, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
I think it was Mance claimed to have the horn as a threat, but he never did.
ah, I may be remembering from the books then, but I could've sworn there was something in the show. In any case, if it was mentioned, then it possibly exists, and if it exists, then that could be how they get across the wall.

This episode has had some great dialogue between characters. Just rewatching this episode, and between Gendry and the Hound,

Hound: Stop your winjing.
Gendry: I'm not winjing.
Hound: Your mouth is moving and you're complaining. That's winjing. This one's (pointing at Beric) died six times and he's not complaining.

And an earlier episode on Dragonstone between Tyrion and Jon,

Tyrion: That's a good question.
Jon: I know it's a good question, I'm looking for an answer.
post #10847 of 10859 Old Today, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftcoastdave View Post
<<< deleted >>> posted in wrong spot
ummm, what? ?????
post #10848 of 10859 Old Today, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzycat View Post
ah, I may be remembering from the books then, but I could've sworn there was something in the show. In any case, if it was mentioned, then it possibly exists, and if it exists, then that could be how they get across the wall...

Sam and Grenn found a horn at the Fist of the First Men but it was more of an Easter Egg for book fans and was never explicitly explained on the show...

StormCrow and jazzycat like this.
post #10849 of 10859 Old Today, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
  • What exactly are the dragons eating? Except for a couple of Drogon's escapades with Dany, all 3 dragons are basically idle around Dragonstone, which from what I've seen, looks to be a rather small, barren island with little to no wildlife. Remember when Dany was stuck in Essos in the slave cities and citizens were complaining of her then-adolescent dragons killing their livestock? Well now the dragons are about ten times bigger, and I don't see any livestock farming going on. Unless they're getting 100% of their food from the sea, or they're ranging FAR into the Westeros main continent, they should've starved to death by now.
This type of detail is what we lost when they decided to close down the series too soon (IMO).

It would be so great to show them doing something like diving underwater after a giant kraken!

It's not too late of course. I'd like to also see Danearys finally do some battle training maneuvers with them. The dragons have weaknesses. One is dead and now on the enemies side. Hopefully now she will see that they need to be deployed based on some kind of strategy from observing where they are strongest and where they are weakest.
jazzycat likes this.
post #10850 of 10859 Old Today, 04:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Im not buying into the complete control of the dead dragon just yet.
jazzycat likes this.

Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #10851 of 10859 Old Today, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Sam and Grenn found a horn at the Fist of the First Men but it was more of an Easter Egg for book fans and was never explicitly explained on the show...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqSdHokQZ8g
Thanks! I remember when that happened and I was like, Wow!

and then nothing ever became of it...so far anyway
jazzycat likes this.
post #10852 of 10859 Old Today, 04:53 PM

Quote:
why on earth is everyone going to King's Landing for this peace summit?...they can't be this stupid...Cersei just blew up the Sept of Baelor and killed a bunch of her enemies...it's 100% certain she is leading them all into another trap...she even sent Sansa an invitation which pretty much makes it a lock that she's planning another massacre to kill all her enemies...she probaby thinks that she can then take on the Night King by herself...her and Qyburn were seen having multiple secret meetings in a previous episode

in actual historical times of war when opposing sides agree to meet they never do it on enemy grounds...a neutral 3rd party location is always chosen...going beyond the wall to collect a wight was a dumb plan but meeting Cersei in King's Landing is monumentally stupid
I agree. Cersei will definitely try to double cross everyone else to only her benefit. If she could make an alliance with the NK she would, but how she would do that, I have no idea. All her scheming backfires on her in one way or another, so she might possibly be dooming the entire continent. And let's not forget, she has Euron on her side now. I wonder if she'll use him in some way.

Something that really pissed me off, was Tyrion *yet again* giving Dany bad advice, saying she shouldn't use deception, because that's what Cersei would do. Really? Deception is one of the main tools you use in war (as Sun Tzu said in The Art of War, which is the best strategic war manual ever written). Tyrion is not stupid, so why is he giving her such bad advice? Does this bother anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limp Fox View Post
Finally got to watch the recent episode earlier today and man was it good. This show seems to get more and more intense this season. It sucks it's coming to a close. Not sure why everyone is meeting Cersei at Kings Landing. Although here "brother" loves here - haha, I know deep inside he doesn't fully trust her and is scared of her. Am I the only one that gets that feeling? I think he's a good guy, but I see him dying soon. Just my thought. I have never read the books so I can only speculate. So what are the others thinking going to Kings Landing, are they really so naive? Shame Shame Shame Cersei

I read someone else's comment on Sansa and Arya knowing and trapping Little Finger. Let's hope that's what it is because all I can make out is that he's successfully manipulating both and coordinating something behind their backs.

-Judd
I think Jamie may end up either betraying Cersei or killing her, because yes, I think he's afraid of her (because of the look he had at the end of last season, when he came back and saw her being crowned). She also told him Tommen betrayed her, which is dumb because he was a child, and she set everything in motion that led to that happening. I think Jamie understands that. Oleana told Jamie Cersei was a disease, and she would be the end of him, and he actually agreed with her. So, yea, I'm hoping he comes to his senses and for once, he betrays her. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. His character was starting to get some redemption when he spent all that time Brienne, then he became Cesei's puppet again.

Quote:
foreshadowing...I'm sure she's going to kill someone important soon...speaking of those faces in last night's episode- I think Walder Frey was one of the masks but I couldn't make out who the other one was...I've heard people speculate that it could be Black Walder or maybe even Ser Meryn Trant
Hopefully Littlefinger.

I don't know who the 2nd mask was either, but I imagine she has quite a collection now.

Quote:
How to Tell Dany’s Dragons Apart on Game of Thrones

if you weren't sure which one died, you’re not alone...it’s a little tricky to tell the difference between Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal, so let’s figure it out...

http://www.vulture.com/2017/08/game-...ons-apart.html
It was Viserion, which makes sense, since her brother was such a ****. (that's the word they use in the show all the time, so I'm not cursing) What shocked me was Dany not being that upset about it when she was talking to Jon. She'd just lost one of her children, and one of her powerful weapons, and she lost it to the Night King. I guess better than him that Cersei though. I don't know how I feel about that.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_man View Post
Bran has *every* reason not to trust Littlefinger. Remember, he quoted Littlefinger's reply to Varys back in season 1 when he said to him, "chaos is a ladder." So yes, he does know. I wouldn't be surprised if he knows Littlefinger betrayed his mother, and his father, and all the conspiring he's done. It seems to me that Bran can go wherever he wants to hear what he needs, but he needs to make sense of it. That's what he said when he got to Winterfell. But he implied the knowledge he needs to make sense of is about the whitewalkers.

Also, just because they haven't shown Bran conspiring with Arya and Sansa to set up Littlefinger doesn't mean they haven't done it. Personally I think the scene with Sansa/Arya was a ploy, because it just doesn't fit. I don't think either one of them is that gullible any more, and I don't think Bran would let it happen. So I think Arya will end up killing Littlefinger with the catspaw, at Sansa's order. It's the only thing that makes sense to me. Why else would Bran give Arya that blade? To protect his family. It's logical that the blade used to try to kill Bran, that Littlefinger claimed had belonged to him, would end up killing him. Foreshadowing. It makes no sense that Sansa would trust the man who sold her Ramsey Bolton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewloo View Post

That would've been cool, but if my theory is correct, then he needed to pull him out so he could physically touch him (to make a white walker dragon, and not a mindless wight dragon). Dragons are supposed to be intelligent, so an intelligent ice dragon would be a better weapon that a mindless dead wight dragon.
StormCrow and sickkent like this.
post #10853 of 10859 Old Today, 05:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCrow View Post

I'm glad they didn't use the horn on the show...would be way too cheesy...

Spoiler!
post #10854 of 10859 Old Today, 06:19 PM

oh! Something just struck me. IF Sansa is stupid enough to trust Littlefinger - which is a pretty big IF and I don't think she is anymore - the scene when she was talking to him and he suggested Brienne could help, and he went into all that about her protecting both girls, and if one was going to hurt the other she would have to intercede - then Sansa *apparently* sends Brienne to King's Landing to represent her after Cersei *apparently* sends a raven, which Brienne protests and makes really great arguments... OK, so either she's sending Brienne into harm's way to get her OUT of the picture so she can *try* to get rid of Arya, OR, it's part of a ruse to trap Littlefinger, and Brienne isn't really going anywhere. That whole scene between Sansa and Brienne really bothers me for some reason.

And... did Cersei actually send that raven? She had already sent one to Jon, at Winterfell, so why send another one to Sansa? Is Cersei up to something we know nothing about, in the north? (Of course, we all know Cersei is always plotting and scheming, so it's not that far of a stretch, but still.) Or is this something else?
post #10855 of 10859 Old Today, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4764 Post(s)
Liked: 4304
If she gets rid of Jon AND Sansa she cuts the head of the pack of the North and it makes it that much easier to gain control. She's trying for world domination.
post #10856 of 10859 Old Today, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormCrow View Post

Like Kirk and Spock stealing the cloaking device from the Romulans and never using it.
Sorry, the talk about Catspaw made me think of them.
post #10857 of 10859 Old Today, 07:51 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Just before she sends Brienne to Kings Landing, was Littlefinger telling her to use Brienne. So when I saw that, I assumed she is doing the opposite of what Littlefinger wants. Or this is a ruse.

Littlefinger wants her to defend against Arya, meaning one of them will bite it if they fight. Both of them do not like him.

Also, who said that was the horn of winter? Just because the title of the video states it? It was just a standard horn the nights watch carry beyond the wall, imo. Did anyone in the show specifically name it that?
post #10858 of 10859 Old Today, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If she gets rid of Jon AND Sansa she cuts the head of the pack of the North and it makes it that much easier to gain control. She's trying for world domination.
If she "gets rid" of Jon and Sansa she faces a 2500 degree napalm death from above. She would need to be much sneakier than what we've seen put into motion so far. There's no MAD in their world. She only lives now thanks to her small brother's advice of reason. Even Tyrion would vote thumbs down if Sansa and Jon became KIA.
post #10859 of 10859 Old Today, 07:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

well something has to stop the dragons...whether it physical, mental, etc...the show would kind of go back to ground zero once the dragons die??? but then again, the dragons could just wipe the terrain clean too...so its up to our imagination.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page