'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 373 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4191Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #11161 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 02:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFlyy View Post
Silly question but cannot Bran control the ice dragon ?
I also wonder whether Targaryen's would be able to have any influence or control over the ice dragon as well?

Samsung 64F8500| OPPO 93| Amazon Fire TV
Samsung 51F8500| OPPO 93| WiiU
Samsung 51F8500| Sony BDP-S360| Xbox One
sickkent is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #11162 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 13,650
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2069 Post(s)
Liked: 2464
Man, some thinner skin around here these days .. if the shoe fits ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #11163 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 19,377
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3421 Post(s)
Liked: 3996
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickkent View Post
I assume you're directing this towards my posts as I have some profanity in them. I'm not cloaking it; the forum's filter does that automatically. Do I need it? No. Are they sometimes words that I think help illustrate the point/feeling I am trying to get across? Yes, and I will continue to use them.
I agree that suitably Bowdlerized (with the use of asterisks) otherwise profane words don't offend me and, I dare say, don't offend the majority of other posters either. After all, this thread discusses a TV show, which features more than its share of nudity and strong language. That's why it's on HBO. It seems to me, then, that posters here should be granted the same latitude we all give the show's writers. If I'm wrong, I guess the mods can tell us abut it.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+
gwsat is offline  
 
post #11164 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 13,650
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2069 Post(s)
Liked: 2464
I'm not offended by any stretch .. if a poster needs to lean on that to make their point, oh, well ..

I simply find it unnecessary .. and knowing the Forum self-corrects, makes it doubly unnecessary ..
gwsat and Ph8te like this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #11165 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,527
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4809 Post(s)
Liked: 4359
@sickkent you do realize I was kind of defending your discussion right? It may be tedious to ME, but that's what a show with a passionate following has. Not sure how I got roped up in that defense post.
sickkent likes this.
Ph8te is online now  
post #11166 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 02:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
@sickkent you do realize I was kind of defending your discussion right? It may be tedious to ME, but that's what a show with a passionate following has. Not sure how I got roped up in that defense post.


Yeah, I was adding on to your post =] Just quoted to make it obvious what the comments below yours were regarding, lol.

Def didn't intend to make it seem like I was going after you or anything.


Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Ph8te likes this.

Samsung 64F8500| OPPO 93| Amazon Fire TV
Samsung 51F8500| OPPO 93| WiiU
Samsung 51F8500| Sony BDP-S360| Xbox One
sickkent is offline  
post #11167 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 03:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
pheroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Durham, NC, USA
Posts: 911
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
I am having a hard time understanding somethings.

Uncle Euron left early in the Dragonpit meeting. Already with the plan in place for him to go hire the Bank of Essos' Mercenary Army, The Golden Company, right?

But then, after Cersei makes the "Stand aside" demand of Aegon Targaryen, AKA Jon Snow, (which he refuses), she stomps off in a huff, and tells Jaime go Fark Off, until Tyrion makes his brilliant observation/argument. Which seems to change her mind. But her mind was already made up.

Why? Besides to screw with the audience?
Cersei's move walking out was a bluff that she knew, or at least strongly reasoned, that Tyrion would attempt to call. She had to appear difficult to convince, so that when she finally came over to Dany & Jon's side it was believable. This is - at least in the realm of movies & TV - a classic con game type of move. Cersei pulled it off brilliantly, and Euron also played his part in it well.

I've complained about the Arya/Sansa dustup in Arya's quarters because that was a "setup" action with nobody to see the setup. Cersei's & Euron's ploy didn't show the planning for the setup, we are left to infer that. So while the former falls into "fool the audience" territory, IMO the latter definitely does not because we just saw how it played out and then the explanation.
sickkent likes this.

My system info.
Spoiler!
pheroy is online now  
post #11168 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 04:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChldsPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 1,599
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyMcFlyy View Post
Silly question but cannot Bran control the ice dragon ?
It's difficult to say. Dragon's could be too intelligent. I'm not sure how'd they compare to Hodor.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3)
Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4); Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4)
Subwoofers - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2) - Powered by Crown XLS 5000.
Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
ChldsPlay is offline  
post #11169 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 04:52 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 3,872
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked: 462
I'd say Bran won't be invading any undead brains. I think the NK has his unique magic that controls his minions, and no chump 3ER is going to interfere.
Mike_WI likes this.
Yrd is offline  
post #11170 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
torii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3,353
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1536 Post(s)
Liked: 837
man i saw a counter today for next episode...it started with a 5....depressing.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
torii is online now  
post #11171 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 05:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Saw this on Facebook today.


sickkent likes this.
Therberg is offline  
post #11172 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 05:31 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I'm a year late on this, but did GRRM plan "Hodor" from the start or did he cleverly work it in later?
Tack likes this.
barth2 is online now  
post #11173 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 05:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Man, some thinner skin around here these days .. if the shoe fits ..
You indirectly addressed me and asked a question. I directly responded and answered your question, rather than play this passive-aggressive game, lol.

I find it interesting that anytime somebody makes a comment about an individual (or individuals), whether directly or indirectly, and the person responds, the instant reaction is to make these passive-aggressive comments or some cop out about how oh, wow, you're being defensive! You addressed me, so I'm addressing you back and engaging, actually giving you an answer.

And rather than actually comment on the substance of my comment, you make yet another indirect, passive aggressive comment because you have nothing to offer in return aside from a bail-out comment about thin skin, lol. If you have actual input to contribute to it, then do, but so far, you've just made a bunch of empty, too-cool-for-school comments (with corresponding too-cool eye-roll emoji).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I'm not offended by any stretch .. if a poster needs to lean on that to make their point, oh, well ..

I simply find it unnecessary .. and knowing the Forum self-corrects, makes it doubly unnecessary ..
You felt bothered enough to make a comment about it...man, some thinner skin around here these days... if the shoe fits.. See, two can play at that game. I'm not going to artificially restrict my vocabulary because you subscribe to some archaic notion that certain words are unnecessary while you watch a show that has incest and plenty of these unnecessary words, lmao.

The fact that the forum auto-filters (or cloaks, as you like to call it) makes the fact that you even brought it up unnecessary, lol. Either you can tell what word(s) I am using and so the filter is useless anyways or you can't tell and the filter is doing it's job and you are protected from the savagery of my words while we discuss incest and killing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheroy View Post
Cersei's move walking out was a bluff that she knew, or at least strongly reasoned, that Tyrion would attempt to call. She had to appear difficult to convince, so that when she finally came over to Dany & Jon's side it was believable. This is - at least in the realm of movies & TV - a classic con game type of move. Cersei pulled it off brilliantly, and Euron also played his part in it well.

I've complained about the Arya/Sansa dustup in Arya's quarters because that was a "setup" action with nobody to see the setup. Cersei's & Euron's ploy didn't show the planning for the setup, we are left to infer that. So while the former falls into "fool the audience" territory, IMO the latter definitely does not because we just saw how it played out and then the explanation.
Yeah, good point about Cersei and it being a classic TV show con game move. I was definitely fooled to an extent on Cersei. I never trust her character, as I always assume there is some angle she is taking, but I didn't see the 20k Golden Company coming or that Euron was leaving to get them. I thought maybe she had seen reason, but I guess with how much more Mad Queen she has gotten, it makes sense that she plans on foregoing logic of teaming up to try and backstab them and win the whole thing at once, haha.

Good post

Samsung 64F8500| OPPO 93| Amazon Fire TV
Samsung 51F8500| OPPO 93| WiiU
Samsung 51F8500| Sony BDP-S360| Xbox One
sickkent is offline  
post #11174 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 05:50 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
same here...as soon as I saw Bran sitting with Sansa I knew that it was a trap for Littlefinger...no way would Sansa have murdered Arya in front of her brother and a bunch of Stark banner men...there was no way she was murdering Arya regardless but especially not in an open room...I agree with you that it was all an attempt to fool the audience as it didn't make any sense for the characters
The only way it slightly makes sense is if some time between threatening to rip Sansa's face off and the "trial," Arya wised up, maybe with Bran's help, but they never showed that.

It's all nonsense anyway because the Stark kids could've done this right from the get go. All Sansa had to do was tell all the horrible things LF had done to her and Bran could've told them "yep he's a bad dude and screwed our family over." Not like they needed any independent proof, Westeros' rules of evidence seem pretty lax.

For that matter, why doesn't Arya just go to Bran and say "I hear you can see everything now. I myself have acquired a very particular set of skills, skills that make me a nightmare for people like the ones on this list I've been carrying around forever..."
barth2 is online now  
post #11175 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 05:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 111
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2 View Post
I'm a year late on this, but did GRRM plan "Hodor" from the start or did he cleverly work it in later?
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...rtin-different
Tack likes this.

Samsung 64F8500| OPPO 93| Amazon Fire TV
Samsung 51F8500| OPPO 93| WiiU
Samsung 51F8500| Sony BDP-S360| Xbox One
sickkent is offline  
post #11176 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 07:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 7,880
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3035 Post(s)
Liked: 4203
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2 View Post
The only way it slightly makes sense is if some time between threatening to rip Sansa's face off and the "trial," Arya wised up, maybe with Bran's help, but they never showed that.

It's all nonsense anyway because the Stark kids could've done this right from the get go. All Sansa had to do was tell all the horrible things LF had done to her and Bran could've told them "yep he's a bad dude and screwed our family over." Not like they needed any independent proof, Westeros' rules of evidence seem pretty lax.

For that matter, why doesn't Arya just go to Bran and say "I hear you can see everything now. I myself have acquired a very particular set of skills, skills that make me a nightmare for people like the ones on this list I've been carrying around forever..."

LOL, she is somewhat Liam Neeson like in her quest.
Tack is online now  
post #11177 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 07:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RobertR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: California
Posts: 6,645
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therberg View Post
Saw this on Facebook today.


Hmmmm, that pic makes the ice dragon look bigger.
RobertR is online now  
post #11178 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 07:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 4,820
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1511 Post(s)
Liked: 1365
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickkent View Post
There have been numerous studies showing that those who curse have larger vocabularies and tend to be more honest. You can do your own research, if you so choose, as that is getting too far on the OT trail for this thread. They are simply words- whether or not you choose to get your panties in a bunch over them, that's up to you. I also hope you never use words like frack, frick, fudge, shoot, darn, or any of the other code words because everybody knows (and reads) them for what they really are. That's actually cloaking your profanity and fooling yourself into a moral high ground....

yup, I think the head researcher in charge of those studies was a guy named Al Swearengen
StormCrow likes this.
TitusTroy is offline  
post #11179 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wco81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 6,519
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1500 Post(s)
Liked: 556
I hope for Tyrion's sake that he's on to Cersei's game and is just playing along for now.

Anyways they'll know soon enough when Cersei's army doesn't March north.

Wouldn't the Dothraki and the Unsullied have encountered the Golden Compass soldiers at some point? How did all 3 of them acquire such a reputation for being great in battle without dealing with each other, since they were all on the smaller Essos?

Anyways, it still defies logic that the Iron Bank would still give Cersei money to buy the sell swords after the Lannister army was decimated by one dragon.
John dhein likes this.
wco81 is offline  
post #11180 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 07:42 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 13,742
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5103 Post(s)
Liked: 11769
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Oh, come on now .. Stranger Things have happened ..
And they'll happen again October 27th on Netflix.
Ph8te likes this.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #11181 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 07:51 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Otto Pylot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 11,412
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1668 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
Hmmmm, that pic makes the ice dragon look bigger.
It's the angle. He's closer to the camera
Otto Pylot is offline  
post #11182 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 08:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
John dhein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 'Sconsin
Posts: 1,183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by pheroy View Post
Cersei's move walking out was a bluff that she knew, or at least strongly reasoned, that Tyrion would attempt to call. She had to appear difficult to convince, so that when she finally came over to Dany & Jon's side it was believable. This is - at least in the realm of movies & TV - a classic con game type of move. Cersei pulled it off brilliantly, and Euron also played his part in it well.

I've complained about the Arya/Sansa dustup in Arya's quarters because that was a "setup" action with nobody to see the setup. Cersei's & Euron's ploy didn't show the planning for the setup, we are left to infer that. So while the former falls into "fool the audience" territory, IMO the latter definitely does not because we just saw how it played out and then the explanation.
I get all that. But my question remains. Why? What purpose is served by the whole act? What does Cersei gain?
John dhein is offline  
post #11183 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 09:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChldsPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 1,599
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Wouldn't the Dothraki and the Unsullied have encountered the Golden Compass soldiers at some point? How did all 3 of them acquire such a reputation for being great in battle without dealing with each other, since they were all on the smaller Essos?
Essos is larger than Westeros. However, it's definitely possible, maybe likely, that they have crossed paths. Now the Dothraki tend to stick to the fields and raid villages and what not, but the Golden Company could be hired for protection from them. And they could definitely have been pitted against some Unsullied, but probably not those that Dany has (I forget if they had much experience beyond training).

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3)
Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4); Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4)
Subwoofers - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2) - Powered by Crown XLS 5000.
Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
ChldsPlay is offline  
post #11184 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 09:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChldsPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 1,599
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
I get all that. But my question remains. Why? What purpose is served by the whole act? What does Cersei gain?
Surprise? Dany pushes everything North, so Cersei has free reign and can fortify positions in the South. Also, the Iron Born are seen as being out of the game but are still in it and on Cersei's side.
TulsaCoker likes this.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3)
Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4); Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4)
Subwoofers - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2) - Powered by Crown XLS 5000.
Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
ChldsPlay is offline  
post #11185 of 11247 Old 08-31-2017, 10:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 16,527
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4809 Post(s)
Liked: 4359
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
Hmmmm, that pic makes the ice dragon look bigger.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
It's the angle. He's closer to the camera


Also, it's a fan made poster. So there is that
Ph8te is online now  
post #11186 of 11247 Old 09-01-2017, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TulsaCoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tulsa,Ok
Posts: 1,222
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Surprise? Dany pushes everything North, so Cersei has free reign and can fortify positions in the South. Also, the Iron Born are seen as being out of the game but are still in it and on Cersei's side.
Exactly, and she can get the Golden Company Army across the narrow sea without any of Danny's or Jon's arm knowing about them ...

Panasonic (65GT30)
Yamaha (RX-V3900)
Oppo (BDP-103)
Klipsch (RF-7, RC-7, KG4.5, RC-3II)
SVS SB12-NSD, Klipsch RW-12
TulsaCoker is offline  
post #11187 of 11247 Old 09-01-2017, 06:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RobertR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: California
Posts: 6,645
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Also, it's a fan made poster. So there is that
The fan's playing favorites! 😜
Ph8te likes this.
RobertR is online now  
post #11188 of 11247 Old 09-01-2017, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
John dhein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 'Sconsin
Posts: 1,183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked: 456
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Surprise? Dany pushes everything North, so Cersei has free reign and can fortify positions in the South. Also, the Iron Born are seen as being out of the game but are still in it and on Cersei's side.
Surprise??? Not for more than a minute. Dany and Jon were going North anyway.

And ANYWAY, Why the facade? Just tell them no, and be done with it.

I still say it was a stupid "act" done solely for the audience' benefit. There is/was ZERO logic related reason for the whole farce!
John dhein is offline  
post #11189 of 11247 Old 09-01-2017, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChldsPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 1,599
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by John dhein View Post
Surprise??? Not for more than a minute. Dany and Jon were going North anyway.

And ANYWAY, Why the facade? Just tell them no, and be done with it.

I still say it was a stupid "act" done solely for the audience' benefit. There is/was ZERO logic related reason for the whole farce!
Was Dany going to go all in in the North? She didn't want to leave the South free to Cersei's control. That was the whole point. That's why they went through all of their efforts. Now maybe Dany would have still gone North after having seen what she saw up there, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't try. And Cersei does not know what Dany will or will not do, but if she tricks Dany, even for a short period, it is enough. Or at least an improvement of her chances. And being surprised by not only the Golden Company, but the Iron Born as well is not nothing. It's one thing to be prepared for what you think you are facing, but another thing entirely to face a significant surprise in forces.
Ph8te and sickkent like this.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - Panasonic PT-AE8000U
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3)
Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4); Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4)
Subwoofers - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2) - Powered by Crown XLS 5000.
Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
ChldsPlay is offline  
post #11190 of 11247 Old 09-01-2017, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 13,650
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2069 Post(s)
Liked: 2464
This is such a great Thread .. I value it's rewarding and revealing content so much .. can't believe I was able to restrain myself for a few weeks while the show stacked on the DVR ..
Garrett Adams, gwsat and Ph8te like this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off