'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 375 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4174Likes

post #11221 of 11237 Old 09-01-2017, 10:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1464 Post(s)
Liked: 1302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
How can the NK be Bran? Leaf created the NK by plunging dragon glass into his chest. Bran witnessed this in a vision. Unless I'm completely off base here. Which is entirely possible. It is Friday night.

Bran went back into the past to try and prevent the Night King from ever existing...he went back in time to the moment before the Children of the Forest were set to stab the guy with the dragonglass who would eventually turn into the NK...

"Bran goes back all the way to where the Night king was created, to warg into the human that later is going to become the Night king. He wargs into him to instead stop the 'dragonglass into the heart'-event from happening. Only he doesn't think of that the children of the forest won't recognize him from the future, and that they at that point are in war with the first men (he is gagged because of all the weird future-talk). When he realized he failed again, he tries to go back in the current timeline, but can't because he's too deep into the past and stayed too long ('it is beautiful beneath the sea, stay too long and you drown'). From here Bran gets stuck in the past (exactly as Brynden and Jojen warned him not to) and becomes the Night King."

'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion

it's actually a pretty clever theory...there are other theories floating around as well saying that Bran went into the past and spoke with the Mad King but he didn't understand and eventually went crazy...all he kept hearing were the words 'burn them all' which was really Bran warning him about the White Walkers and wights...so Aerys became the 'Mad King' due to Bran
erhurd and torii like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11222 of 11237 Old 09-01-2017, 11:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I always thought the Mad King was mad/crazy due to incest within the Targaryens. Seems like every once in a while, the incest offspring ends up being a nutjob. Joffrey seemed the same way.
Ph8te likes this.
post #11223 of 11237 Old 09-02-2017, 05:57 AM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 654 Post(s)
Liked: 460
I'm not buying this Bran stuff. The only reason he was able to jack into Hodor was because he'd already ruined his mind. He never warged the past Hodor.

If he is NK, what is his motivation? Why is he murdering everyone? If he's gone to the past, that means, since the past point, he has been NK. Not buying it.

Also the mad king theory. Why? It makes no tactical sense. He didn't have dragons or any greater power than any of these current people. Bran has no reason to talk to him. He's crazy on his own.

Last edited by Yrd; 09-02-2017 at 06:00 AM.

post #11224 of 11237 Old 09-02-2017, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 3377 Post(s)
Liked: 3925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S View Post
I always thought the Mad King was mad/crazy due to incest within the Targaryens. Seems like every once in a while, the incest offspring ends up being a nutjob. Joffrey seemed the same way.
And Dany's brother, Viserys Targaryen, was not a picture of mental health, either. I can't imagine what he might have done as king.
Ph8te likes this.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+
post #11225 of 11237 Old 09-02-2017, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
And Dany's brother, Viserys Targaryen, was not a picture of mental health, either. I can't imagine what he might have done as king.
Dany also suffers from this affliction, I wouldn't want to piss her off
post #11226 of 11237 Old 09-02-2017, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 617
Bran's own take on the theory of him being the night king.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/apos-ga...234500925.html
post #11227 of 11237 Old 09-02-2017, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 2036 Post(s)
Liked: 2415
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
did GoT sneak in a secret image in the S7 finale giving us a clue about the Night King?...confirming what many people have already speculated- Bran is the Night King...after the White Walkers begin making their way over the Wall once the Night King destroys it , the horde of wights seem to fall into a familiar formation...instead of walking in a straight line or descending over the wreckage of the Wall in a random pattern, the White Walkers lead the pack in a design that looks a hell of a lot like House Stark's direwolf sigil, as pointed out by Twitter user thronesfacts...in this overhead shot of the army, the snout of the wolf starts on the left...

Although the Stark Sigel snout points right ..

I just don't see any really distinct resemblance .. yours looks like a Bear to me ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #11228 of 11237 Old 09-03-2017, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Making Bran the NK doesn't make sense because it doesn't open up any interesting dramatic development, other than the WTF factor.

However, if it turns out that they both have similar abilities, greensight and warging, like maybe they can tap into the other's mind or even control the other, even briefly, then you can get into some interesting scenarios.
post #11229 of 11237 Old 09-03-2017, 04:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2966 Post(s)
Liked: 4115
Maaan, Sunday night, no GoT. That went by in a blur.
gwsat and sickkent like this.
post #11230 of 11237 Old 09-03-2017, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 3377 Post(s)
Liked: 3925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Maaan, Sunday night, no GoT. That went by in a blur.
Yeah, it's damn near like a death in the family.
Tack likes this.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+
post #11231 of 11237 Old 09-03-2017, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Liked: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
did GoT sneak in a secret image in the S7 finale giving us a clue about the Night King?...confirming what many people have already speculated- Bran is the Night King...after the White Walkers begin making their way over the Wall once the Night King destroys it , the horde of wights seem to fall into a familiar formation...instead of walking in a straight line or descending over the wreckage of the Wall in a random pattern, the White Walkers lead the pack in a design that looks a hell of a lot like House Stark's direwolf sigil, as pointed out by Twitter user thronesfacts...in this overhead shot of the army, the snout of the wolf starts on the left...

I just don't see any really distinct resemblance .. yours looks like a Bear to me ..
Looks more like a fish to me when looking at the full shot. Hmm, makes me want to make a joke theory, but it's book related.
post #11232 of 11237 Old 09-03-2017, 10:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1463 Post(s)
Liked: 547
So among the scenes which may have been filmed but not shown this season:

Spoiler!
post #11233 of 11237 Old 09-05-2017, 09:12 AM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Maybe little lady Mormont is the Night King.
post #11234 of 11237 Old 09-15-2017, 01:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

HBO has officially announced that it will release Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season Blu-ray/DVD on December 12th (available for digital download on September 25th)...

Special Features:

•Conquest & Rebellion: An Animated History of the Seven Kingdoms- From the Game of Thrones realm comes the never-before-seen story of the tumultuous events that shaped the world of Westeros for thousands of years before the series start. Cast members Pilou Asbæk (Euron Greyjoy), Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister), Aidan Gillen (Littlefinger), Conleth Hill (Varys), Harry Lloyd (Viserys Targaryen) and Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) team up to narrate the animated telling of Aegon Targaryen's attempts to conquer the Seven Kingdoms, written by show writer Dave Hill

•From Imagination to Reality: Inside the Art Department- Extensive two-part featurette detailing the astonishing work of Production Designer Deborah Riley and her Art Department, dissecting the process behind the creation of this season's incredible new sets, including Dragonstone, Casterly Rock, Highgarden, the Dragonpit, and more

• Fire & Steel: Creating the Invasion of Westeros- Revisit this season's most pivotal moments with this behind-the-scenes featurette, including interviews with key cast and crew breaking down how fans' favorite moments were created

•Audio Commentaries- Commentaries on every episode with cast and crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Jacob Anderson, Gwendoline Christie, Liam Cunningham, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, and more

• Histories and Lore- 7 new animated pieces that give the history and background of notable season 7 locations and storylines including The Dragonpit, Highgarden, Prophecies of the Known World, the Rains of Castamere and more all narrated by cast members including Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Aidan Gillen, Iain Glen and more. (Blu-ray Exclusive)

•In-Episode Guides- In-feature resource that provides background information about on-screen characters and locations. (Blu-ray Exclusive)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/09/...ures-announced

Ph8te and Mike_WI like this.
post #11235 of 11237 Old 09-15-2017, 09:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1463 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Release it in UHD Blu Ray too.

Or release 4K HDR versions in iTunes.
gwsat likes this.
post #11236 of 11237 Old 09-15-2017, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Release it in UHD Blu Ray too.

Or release 4K HDR versions in iTunes.

yeah I'm surprised they are not releasing Season 7 in UHD yet...I think I read that they filmed the season with 4K cameras...plus they are releasing Westworld in UHD in November...I guess GoT is so valuable that they want to milk out multiple re-releases...or they are saving it for the GoT complete box-set after Season 8
sickkent likes this.
post #11237 of 11237 Old 09-20-2017, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 2036 Post(s)
Liked: 2415
Let's all send Warm Wishes to Mr Martin on his 69th Name Day .. (no spoiler intended) ..

erhurd likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page