'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 41 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-08-2012, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Awesome episode... nooo! the drakes!!

And John Snow getting cozy with that girl. mmm

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2012, 09:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 502
This was the first episode that I really did not like any of the scenes with Daenerys. I thought her acting and dialog was weak. Lines like "I didn't come here for a lesson in grammar" just sound anachronistic.

Most of this episode she just came across as a naive brat having a tantrum that walked in from another show. I was expecting Daenerys to start stamping her foot like Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny. Clarke doesn't project the same authority she did in previous episodes and her delivery seems to have suffered now they've given her a bath.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

This was the first episode that I really did not like any of the scenes with Daenerys. I thought her acting and dialog was weak. Lines like "I didn't come here for a lesson in grammar" just sound anachronistic.

Most of this episode she just came across as a naive brat having a tantrum that walked in from another show. I was expecting Daenerys to start stamping her foot like Marisa Tomei in My Cousin Vinny. Clarke doesn't project the same authority she did in previous episodes and her delivery seems to have suffered now they've given her a bath.

I agree, she's really not much better than her dead brother, is she? ::throws tantrum when she doesn't get what she wants::
Old 05-08-2012, 09:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flambe View Post

I agree, she's really not much better than her dead brother, is she? ::throws tantrum when she doesn't get what she wants::

Yeah, those self entitled royalty types .. once they get cleaned up and back to civilization, they expect to be treated like, well, royalty, for cryin' out loud ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Ill never watch harry potter the same way again.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Awesome episode... nooo! the drakes!!

And John Snow getting cozy with that girl. mmm

yes, it seems awfully irrational for him to keep her alive when she will kill him
or give his location away to her tribe if she can. especially now that he has
lost his companions and is isolated. i don't think people survive long on the night watch if they take pity on their enemies.

besides i would hate to think what would happen to his member were he
too expose it to that cold weather. intimacy looks rather challenging in that environment.

sirjohnsnow please re-think your judgment

neflixis our nemesis
Old 05-08-2012, 10:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1216 View Post

Not detecting much disapointment from the group here that season two shows pace and interest is way below season one. I am finding that not much really happens here in season two. Along with some others, I also find myself a little lost with as many characters in play. Probably me, my memory for names is not that great.

+1..... My thoughts exactly, but I'm still really enjoying it.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Still very lost... accept for the obvious things that happened (which I can't explain since it would be a spoiler god forbid...)

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
Old 05-09-2012, 05:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

Still very lost... accept for the obvious things that happened (which I can't explain since it would be a spoiler god forbid...)

If it happened on the TV show already its not a spoiler anymore.

Xbox Gamertag: matteoms

Official Member of the Joy Puke Your Face Off Club.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Tywin Lannister disparaged his father to Ayra. I'm drawing a blank. How does (did) he figure into all this?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

Tywin Lannister disparaged his father to Ayra. I'm drawing a blank. How does (did) he figure into all this?

Tywin asked Arya about her father and she said he died. When asked what killed him, she responded "loyalty", and asked if he knew his father. Which is when Tywin talks about his father.

I am enjoying the scenes with Arya and Tywin a lot. And between Arya and the knight that grants her wishes (I forget his name.. ). "Angry Knight.. needs to killed. NOW!!

Lovely!!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatteoMS View Post

If it happened on the TV show already its not a spoiler anymore.

I'd think - outside of having seen an unaired future episode & spilling the beans - the "no spoilers" rule applies more to those familiar w/ the original source material.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

Old 05-09-2012, 10:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj View Post

i am enjoying the scenes with arya and tywin a lot. And between arya and the knight that grants her wishes (i forget his name.. ). "angry knight.. Needs to killed. Now!! :d:d

lovely!!

+1

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Tywin asked Arya about her father and she said he died. When asked what killed him, she responded "loyalty", and asked if he knew his father. Which is when Tywin talks about his father.

I got all that. What I was wondering was has Tywin's father been brought up before, or was he referenced here to set up
a backstory.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Arya brought up his father to distract Tywin so she could grab the note. Tywin saying his father was weak is how he justifies to himself being such an SOB

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
Old 05-09-2012, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

Arya brought up his father to distract Tywin so she could grab the note. Tywin saying his father was weak is how he justifies to himself being such an SOB

OK. With so many characters and side stories I thought maybe I was forgetting something about the Lannisters.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:

And between Arya and the knight that grants her wishes (I forget his name.. ).

A man says she may give 3 names.
A man doesnt like to be rushed evidently though.
A man says she has 1 name left.
A man says she better make it count.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Xaro Xhoan Daxos (he is the one she is staying with)

Or, as he's now called on Twitter, Zorro Zohan Ducksauce, which might be the best fannish nickname ever.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:

I'd never turn down a scene with Daenerys.

I actually thought it played out rather perfectly. She's under the impression that people think and care about her being the true heir to the iron throne, and that has given her an expectation that whatever she wants people should be willing to give her. She wasn't expecting to be turned down by the King of Spices, so being as young as she is, she reacts in the way she did. She basically has no authority there and doesn't know how to react.

XBL & PSN - Harpua77
Old 05-09-2012, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballen420 View Post

I'd never turn down a scene with Daenerys.

I actually thought it played out rather perfectly. She's under the impression that people think and care about her being the true heir to the iron throne, and that has given her an expectation that whatever she wants people should be willing to give her. She wasn't expecting to be turned down by the King of Spices, so being as young as she is, she reacts in the way she did. She basically has no authority there and doesn't know how to react.

The other thing is that she is in Qarth which is not part of Westeros and the people there seem to be more market oriented and not worried about the throne. Qarth is ruled by apparently the well-to-do merchants and there is the possibility for advancement from dock rat to wealthiest merchant around so they are living the Qarth dream. Daenarys' blood claim to the throne means not a whit to those in Qarth -- what means something is her dragons -- which she refuses to barter or sell. Daenarys is way out of her league there which reduces her loud proclamations of right to petty tantrums. Daenarys is supposed to look bad here as she has no idea what power is.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
Old 05-09-2012, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

The other thing is that she is in Qarth which is not part of Westeros and the people there seem to be more market oriented and not worried about the throne. Qarth is ruled by apparently the well-to-do merchants and there is the possibility for advancement from dock rat to wealthiest merchant around so they are living the Qarth dream. Daenarys' blood claim to the throne means not a whit to those in Qarth -- what means something is her dragons -- which she refuses to barter or sell. Daenarys is way out of her league there which reduces her loud proclamations of right to petty tantrums. Daenarys is supposed to look bad here as she has no idea what power is.

I agree and disagree, I guess.But I think I viewed the whole thing differently than the majority. For one thing, I thought it showed how much she has evolved from the docile teen that meekly did whatever she was told. For another I thought her attitude was a contrast to her late brother. When he spoke of being royalty he came off as a weak whiny brat fit to be laughed at. When Daenary's does the same thing now it is obvious she is not someone to cross, Dragons or no dragons...there is an implied threat in her words as well as an assumption of being queen and born to rule. I would not like to be the one who stole her dragons, she is almost like a force of nature now, not to be underestimated. But maybe I'm just pulling for her because she looks so damn good.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
Old 05-09-2012, 03:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Daenarys', and I'm guessing here, unless the fire immunity was a one shot deal, may have some sort of power .. while her dragon teeth may have been pulled for now, I don't know if I would underestmate her if I were a Qarthite ..

The thing is, she just does not yet know what she is fully capable of ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Old 05-10-2012, 04:11 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Daenarys', and I'm guessing here, unless the fire immunity was a one shot deal, ..The thing is, she just does not yet know what she is fully capable of ..

It can't be a one shot deal. In the very first episode of season one she stepped into a tub of boiling hot water and was not burned or even concerned.

I agree she may not know the full extent of her power, but I bet she and/or her little dragons will be kicking someone's ass soon.

If you want a long and prosperous life, never steal baby dragons from the mother of dragons!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:17 AM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird99 View Post

I agree she may not know the full extent of her power, but I bet she and/or her little dragons will be kicking someone's ass soon.

And I can't wait! The little buggers....

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
Old 05-10-2012, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

i guess i'm the only one questioning john snow's judgment keeping that wildling alive.

i suppose it has a purpose of some sort as i don't think they'll kill off his character anytime soon.

neflixis our nemesis
Old 05-10-2012, 04:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

i guess i'm the only one questioning john snow's judgment keeping that wildling alive.

i suppose it has a purpose of some sort as i don't think they'll kill off his character anytime soon.

Yep, the purpose is John thinks she's hot ..

Uncle Willie

Old 05-10-2012, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Yep, the purpose is John thinks she's hot ..

then he better let her lead him to a cave.

neflixis our nemesis
Old 05-10-2012, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1113 Post(s)
Liked: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

Isnt that the wonderful thing about though? They COULD kill off his character next week and it would be the norm ;-). You're not the only one questioning it admit will lead to a ton of problems, but I am letting the story unfold before making final judgement.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Isnt that the wonderful thing about though? They COULD kill off his character next week and it would be the norm ;-). You're not the only one questioning it admit will lead to a ton of problems, but I am letting the story unfold before making final judgement.

Sure, it's a stupid tactical decision but not necessarily one which a compassionate human would not be inclined to do anyway. If the choice comes back to bite him with an axe that will be the nature of the show. Trust got his father killed too and while that made him a poor strategist it also made Ned a decent person.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:

Sure, it's a stupid tactical decision but not necessarily one which a compassionate human would not be inclined to do anyway. If the choice comes back to bite him with an axe that will be the nature of the show. Trust got his father killed too and while that made him a poor strategist it also made Ned a decent person.

Ned was a moron.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad/intro...upid-ned-stark

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition