'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 44 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1291 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 12:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by David F View Post

There's no way Tywin knows she's Arya Stark. He's made it clear he knows she's not a lowborn daughter of a stonecutter, but he thinks she's just some minor lord's child caught in the crossfire of his war. But if he knew her true identity she'd be shipped off in chains to King's Landing. Or at least kept in chains at Harrenhal. No way would he let her roam around freely.

It's hard to say if he suspects she is a Stark, but if he did, he is arrogant enough to let her "roam" in his own keep (believing her to be secured).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I think Xaro did what he did in front of Daenerys to impress her even more.

My thought too.
Men are always trying to impress women they want to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Of course she did, he's a Stark and none of them are bright enough (ie Ned) to handle unscrupulous folks. The guy's a useless tool, not very bright and burdened with the Stark sense of honor in a world that has no place for it.

Agreed.
However, I do suspect he has a BIG PART to play in the overall story....I just don't know what it is.

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1292 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Did Jaime really think that "plan" of his would allow him to escape? When Jaime choked out that guard with his chains and stole his keys, I was thinking to myself that it would just be lazy writing if he really did manage to slip past the thousands of Stark-loyals that are surrounding him. Luckily it didn't happen quite that easily. So what was Jaime thinking? Was that action just part of a grander scheme that will eventually lead to his escape/release or was it just a desperate stab at freedom?

post #1293 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 02:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

So what was Jaime thinking?

I think he was thinking he was getting tired of sitting in his own poo....

post #1294 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

However, I do suspect he has a BIG PART to play in the overall story....I just don't know what it is.

The guy is a walking advertisement for the Darwin Awards. Volunteering for the mission without a thought about how inexperienced he is. If he's got a major role, it will be regarding some really stupid decision he makes that screws everybody . I'm kidding ... maybe his miscues lead to a really interesting coming of age arc where he comes out as a wise leader and noble virtues intact...or maybe just some of the stupid knocked out of him...here's hoping...though I'm finding myself less and less interested in watching 3 minute snippets of his and other storylines that take forever to develop.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #1295 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 03:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The guy is a walking advertisement for the Darwin Awards. Volunteering for the mission without a thought about how inexperienced he is. If he's got a major role, it will be regarding some really stupid decision he makes that screws everybody . I'm kidding ... maybe his miscues lead to a really interesting coming of age arc where he comes out as a wise leader and noble virtues intact...or maybe just some of the stupid knocked out of him...here's hoping...though I'm finding myself less and less interested in watching 3 minute snippets of his and other storylines that take forever to develop.

LOL.

Well, here is a guess (and it is only that).
Somewhere down the road he will be thrusted into a leadership role (king, military, or?) due to his father's genes.

There are several scenarios I can think of off the top of my head...
The Starks run out of male heirs?
Or he organizes the defense of the wall against a full-blown invasion?
Or he is bred to the barbarian princess girl and makes a claim for a throne?

post #1296 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
To me the most underrated actor on the show is the guy playing jamie. I dont see much praise for him, but he steals any scene when he is on camera.

Tywin has also been excellent, but is finally receiving some praise as the arya banter is catching on.

I thought tonights episode was great. It started a bit slow, but really picked up. My only issue is i dont care for john snow storyline and its making him look like a moron, and no stannis again.

But overall another amazing episode.
post #1297 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

By the way do not type jamie lannister into google, i was looking for the actor playing jamie, and while typing it, google auto fill suggestion displayed something im still very angry about. I hope it was not a spoiler, and just people speculating but i really do not believe that.
post #1298 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 03:46 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

By the way do not type jamie lannister into google, i was looking for the actor playing jamie, and while typing it, google auto fill suggestion displayed something im still very angry about. I hope it was not a spoiler, and just people speculating but i really do not believe that.

His name is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, he's probably most familiar to American TV audiences from the very short lived New Amsterdam. It's about a time traveler in NYC.
post #1299 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 03:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

LOL.

Well, here is a guess (and it is only that).
Somewhere down the road he will be thrusted into a leadership role (king, military, or?) due to his father's genes.

There are several scenarios I can think of off the top of my head...
The Starks run out of male heirs?
Or he organizes the defense of the wall against a full-blown invasion?
Or he is bred to the barbarian princess girl and makes a claim for a throne?

or all of the above...then he straps a jetpack on the back of a dragon and flys into a cliff at Mach 5...seemed like a good idea at the time. The groundwork has definitely been laid for all of your scenarios. However, the boy is dumb as a post I tell you...he's a male Stark. Even the genius Stark, Robb, is obviously going step on his pud by falling for Nursie. You can see that one coming from a mile away.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #1300 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I figured that out a long time ago. Never Google/YouTube anything about either a show that has already aired that you are just catching up on, or a currently-airing show (or movie) that is following a novel's plotline. You're just asking to be spoiled.

post #1301 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 04:59 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:

A great source of cast names and bios (along with lots of other GoT info) is the HBO website.
post #1302 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The only thing more annoying than watching "boring" scenes where characters who are, after all, inexperienced and flawed human beings, make stupid, predictable mistakes is reading "clever" criticisms of same by people who are obviously so much smarter.

Isn't this a great show?
post #1303 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
boy this season and especially yesterdays show are moving slower than glaciers.

season will be over and not much has really changed.

you can see why rob's mother never liked john snow because he's an idiot.

i think he'll join the wildlings and lead them past the wall.
dany looks like she'll have a new hubby or be dead soon.
and yes arya is being too clever by half with tyrinn.

and when do we get the satisfaction of seeing some of these really
evil people get knocked off. joffrey, theon, theon's father, cersie although
she seems to recognize her kid is a monster.

where is littlefinger since he knows about arya?

did i miss the mandatory naked woman seen last night?

neflixis our nemesis
post #1304 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 05:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

However, the boy is dumb as a post I tell you...

I wouldn't argue otherwise.
The Starks are the family that most believes in the old-fashioned doctrine of HONOR.
Smarts?
Ehhhhh, not so much.

post #1305 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How hard would it have been to take the castle back against Theon's skeleton crew especially with the two direwolves on your side. Those wolves should be grey wind and Ghosts size by now considering that they are all litter mates.

Where the hell is Ghost when Jon Snow is lost?? The wolf should have no problem finding him and bringing him back to Qhorin Halfhand.
post #1306 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

His name is Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, he's probably most familiar to American TV audiences from the very short lived New Amsterdam. It's about a time traveler in NYC.

Loved New Amsterdam. Technically he wasn't a time traveler. In 1612, or thereabouts, he was given immortality. He was just an 400 year old dude who hadn't aged a day.
post #1307 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

Loved New Amsterdam. Technically he wasn't a time traveler. In 1612, or thereabouts, he was given immortality. He was just an 400 year old dude who hadn't aged a day.

NC-W is quite the charming dude. I do agree that he eats every scene he's in and I really like New Amsterdam.

post #1308 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:

There's this new site, IMDB.com
post #1309 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 05:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

boy this season and especially yesterdays show are moving slower than glaciers.

I think the pace has slowed because of the multiple different narratives going on. Not a ton of time for each different narrative to play out but still a lot going on.

There are lots of balls in the air and 3 episodes to see how this plays out:

We have Stannis coming up the river to Kings' Landing. We have Jon Snow seemingly+ captured by the wildlings and we haven't yet seen Mance Rayder or his army or know what happened to Qhorin Halfhand and co. We have Bran + Rickon killed (?) with Theon taking over Winterfell. We have Arya stuck at Harrenhal in danger of being discovered and with one more life to name. We have Sansa in Kings' Landing who just "flowered" and so can now marry Joffrey. We have the Hound as a potential wildcard. We have Tyrion trying to save the city and trying to outmaneuver his sister. We have Rob figuring out what to do. We have Catelyn Stark taking a sword to Jaime Lannister with the Karstarks demanding Jaime's head. We have Varys and Littlefinger machinating. We have Daenarys with her dragons stolen apparently forced to go to the House of the Undying.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #1310 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 05:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

That's right! I remembered the scene changes from the past to the present and my ancient brain interpreted it into thinking there was actual travel in time taking place.
post #1311 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

There's this new site, IMDB.com

Be careful there too. Last season I went there to check something and happened to see how many episodes the actor who plays Bran was in. This was the day after he was pushed out the window, so, ruling out flashbacks, it was pretty clear he survived the fall. Just sayin' ...
post #1312 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
I know women in the Middle Ages probably didn't wax, but someone needs to tell Miss Emilia Clarke to wax her upper lip. Peach fuzz can be ignored on women with blond hair or women with dark hair and dark skin. But, on women with dark hair and pale skin, it's too salient. Yuck.

You gotta love 1080i/p. Even on 1440x1080i via Dish that hair lip was apparent!
post #1313 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 148
This has probably already been asked and answered in this thread, but I don't want to read anything in this thread, because I haven't even finished Season 1 yet. I don't want to know ANYTHING, that I don't already know.

Couple quick questions:

1. Is Season 2 over ?

2. If Season 2 is over, any idea when it hits Blu Ray ?

Thanks.
post #1314 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

This has probably already been asked and answered in this thread, but I don't want to read anything in this thread, because I haven't even finished Season 1 yet. I don't want to know ANYTHING, that I don't already know.

Couple quick questions:

1. Is Season 2 over ?

2. If Season 2 is over, any idea when it hits Blu Ray ?

Thanks.

No.

Probably not until the fall sometime. Shortly before S3 starts, the date of which has not been announced.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #1315 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpray1983 View Post

How hard would it have been to take the castle back against Theon's skeleton crew especially with the two direwolves on your side. Those wolves should be grey wind and Ghosts size by now considering that they are all litter mates.

Where the hell is Ghost when Jon Snow is lost?? The wolf should have no problem finding him and bringing him back to Qhorin Halfhand.

Was wondering the same thing. He just wandered off.
post #1316 of 6039 Old 05-14-2012, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I think the pace has slowed because of the multiple different narratives going on. Not a ton of time for each different narrative to play out but still a lot going on.

There are lots of balls in the air and 3 episodes to see how this plays out:

We have Stannis coming up the river to Kings' Landing. We have Jon Snow seemingly+ captured by the wildlings and we haven't yet seen Mance Rayder or his army or know what happened to Qhorin Halfhand and co. We have Bran + Rickon killed (?) with Theon taking over Winterfell. We have Arya stuck at Harrenhal in danger of being discovered and with one more life to name. We have Sansa in Kings' Landing who just "flowered" and so can now marry Joffrey. We have the Hound as a potential wildcard. We have Tyrion trying to save the city and trying to outmaneuver his sister. We have Rob figuring out what to do. We have Catelyn Stark taking a sword to Jaime Lannister with the Karstarks demanding Jaime's head. We have Varys and Littlefinger machinating. We have Daenarys with her dragons stolen apparently forced to go to the House of the Undying.

Agree with this.

Dont find the show slow at all, its just not moving fast time wise because were following a plethora of characters over a certain time frame. It is in no way slow in a traditional sense imo.
post #1317 of 6039 Old 05-15-2012, 12:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 397
I'm about half way thru season one. Just watched "The Golden Crown" episode tonight. That was crazy. Does HBO do marathons similar to what AMC did for The Walking Dead? I'd love to DVR all of season two.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #1318 of 6039 Old 05-15-2012, 12:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpray1983 View Post

Sorry, I didn't read the books....
However, I do know MORE than a little about REAL wolves (which doesn't really count in this instance).

Quote:
Originally Posted by allargon View Post

I know women in the Middle Ages probably didn't wax, but someone needs to tell Miss Emilia Clarke to wax her upper lip. Peach fuzz can be ignored on women with blond hair or women with dark hair and dark skin. But, on women with dark hair and pale skin, it's too salient. Yuck.

Careful...careful...
Ms. EC has ALOT of fans around here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Does HBO do marathons similar to what AMC did for The Walking Dead? I'd love to DVR all of season two.

Dunno...try the website.

post #1319 of 6039 Old 05-15-2012, 12:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 397
Quote:

Dunno...try the website.

Yeah, but that's not as fun as getting pithy replies like that.

Growing Older But Not Up
post #1320 of 6039 Old 05-15-2012, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
The look between Tyrion and Cersei that ended their scene...what was up with that? I wasn't sure if it was a loving/romantic look....or a "what have I/we done" look.

As has been posted recently, so many balls in the air.....
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page