'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 82 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #2431 of 6039 Old 04-14-2013, 11:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1483 Post(s)
Liked: 702
Is there a reason you put spoiler tags in a non spoiler thread?

Another great episode I was so into it that the end came as a "jolt".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2432 of 6039 Old 04-14-2013, 11:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 529
Honestly, Theon is rapidly becoming the Andrea of GoT for me. I hope the cool archer kid he just got rescued by can do something to make his character more worthwhile.

With this week and last his story has barely merited ten minutes of screen time. I would rather they have given more time to another story this week or last and just kept his torture and escape in the same ep. If a character's plot is not even five minutes long then I don't think it's worth wedging into an episode. It just breaks up the narrative of the other stories.

post #2433 of 6039 Old 04-14-2013, 11:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Is there a reason you put spoiler tags in a non spoiler thread?

Yes, if that spoiler contains information from the books, it doesn't belong in this thread.

But wow, that ending left my jaw hanging open. I couldn't believe it. I guess that's the end of the great swordsman that is Jaime Lannister. Wow.

post #2434 of 6039 Old 04-14-2013, 11:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

Honestly, Theon is rapidly becoming the Andrea of GoT for me. I hope the cool archer kid he just got rescued by can do something to make his character more worthwhile.

With this week and last his story has barely merited ten minutes of screen time. I would rather they have given more time to another story this week or last and just kept his torture and escape in the same ep. If a character's plot is not even five minutes long then I don't think it's worth wedging into an episode. It just breaks up the narrative of the other stories.

In the GoT there is a reason they show it (at least usually there is wink.gif. They spread it out to not only show the time lapse but to allow for other characters during the show. While I understand your frustration, as Theon is not one of my favorite characters I always give the benefit of the doubt since we are still seeing building blocks for later in the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

Yes, if that spoiler contains information from the books, it doesn't belong in this thread.

But wow, that ending left my jaw hanging open. I couldn't believe it. I guess that's the end of the great swordsman that is Jaime Lannister. Wow.

Agreed which is why I haven't clicked on or read it. Just because it deviates does not mean they won't bring in elements. Of course this discussion should be had in the other thread.

Jamie doesn't need his hand to be valuable just alive. Robs orders said alive but didn't mention unharmed wink.gif
post #2435 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 12:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 448 Post(s)
Liked: 945
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzzin View Post

+10000000000000000000

Quote:
I found the scene an attack on logic....

OK, we know this:
The guys holding Jaime addressed him as "The King-Slayer," meaning they knew who he is.
For a long time (6 months at least) he has had a huge finder's fee on his safe return to his family.

OK...
So what do these guys do?
The cut off his right hand and negate ANY possibility of receiving his weight in gold and numerous royal titles (per Jaime).

But wait....
What if they work for the Starks?
Well, they cut off the hand of a Stark bargaining chip (thereby reducing its future value) , which guarantees (ASAP) the Lannisters will exterminate their bloodlines forever and ever and in the nastiest possible way.

What am I missing here?

Swine are good people too.
post #2436 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 12:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

They "work" for the Starks that was addressed last week wink.gif they told them that Robb wants Jamie alive. He never said unharmed, just alive. They are on their way to bring him back to the army to face Rob. Jamie thought he could outsmart them by using the Lanister weight in gold line, unfortunately he underestimated their loyalty and them going against their word and lost his hand because of it.

Not sure how a bargaining chip is lost. Jamie is he heir to Castley Rock hand or no hand. Has long as he is alive he is very very valuable. He's just less dangerous now wink.gif
post #2437 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:

They "work" for the Starks that was addressed last week wink.gif they told them that Robb wants Jamie alive. He never said unharmed, just alive. They are on their way to bring him back to the army to face Rob. Jamie thought he could outsmart them by using the Lanister weight in gold line, unfortunately he underestimated their loyalty and them going against their word and lost his hand because of it.

Not sure how a bargaining chip is lost. Jamie is he heir to Castley Rock hand or no hand. Has long as he is alive he is very very valuable. He's just less dangerous now wink.gif

Agree. Cutting off his hand not only satisfied their anger but also makes him a whole lot easier to guard. smile.gif A sly move.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #2438 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I thought Jaime couldn't inherit the Rock because of his service in the King's Guard...isn't that what Tyrion was arguing?

I knew they were about to mess him up though...it was pretty obvious.

And I can almost guess what's about to happen to the soldier slave traders--by signing over ALL of their slaves, she's about to use them against their old masters and get her dragon back...heck, she'll probably feed the masters to the dragons.

thread closed
post #2439 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 07:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMastr View Post

I thought Jaime couldn't inherit the Rock because of his service in the King's Guard...isn't that what Tyrion was arguing?

I knew they were about to mess him up though...it was pretty obvious.

And I can almost guess what's about to happen to the soldier slave traders--by signing over ALL of their slaves, she's about to use them against their old masters and get her dragon back...heck, she'll probably feed the masters to the dragons.
Technically he cant, but actually this injury will probably remove him from the Kings Gaurd since he would be unfit to serve. So in essence it actually pushed him into it wink.gif . I knew they were goi g to do something, but cutting off his hand was surprising still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rflor View Post

That's the ironic part...the spoiler doesn't contain book information because the Theon subplot has done a complete divergence from the books (which is essentially the poster's point). This is going to be one of those where book and non-book viewers are going to be confused simultaneously. smile.gif

thats the rub since there is NO specific book talk in this thread, if they bright an element from the book BACK then it would be a spoiler even if changed slightly....There is a reason there is no book talk aside of being general in this thread. specific differences should be left for the "spoiler\book talk thread" Saying there was a divergence is fine adding the spoiler which I am guessing states what happens in the book is NOT.....There is a reason why there are no spoiler tags in this thread wink.gif
post #2440 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

+10000000000000000000
I found the scene an attack on logic....

OK, we know this:
The guys holding Jaime addressed him as "The King-Slayer," meaning they knew who he is.
For a long time (6 months at least) he has had a huge finder's fee on his safe return to his family.

OK...
So what do these guys do?
The cut off his right hand and negate ANY possibility of receiving his weight in gold and numerous royal titles (per Jaime).

But wait....
What if they work for the Starks?
Well, they cut off the hand of a Stark bargaining chip (thereby reducing its future value) , which guarantees (ASAP) the Lannisters will exterminate their bloodlines forever and ever and in the nastiest possible way.

What am I missing here?

my take;

They know who he is and yes they are clearly loyal to the Starks at this point but they don't know Jaime is to be used as a bargaining chip, only that he is wanted and was on the run. As far as they know, he's going to be killed along with the rest of any Lannisters they can manage as they have killed Ned and started war with the King of the North. I think it's as simple as that and shows they're not really strategists. The men holding Jaime and Brienne (and from who we presume Theon has escaped) are notorious for being cruel and torturous. A hand cut off is more run of the mill to them than we may like for being on the "good guys side". Their plans to rape Brienne as she was "not mentioned" shows their lack of honor or morality and only Jaime's spelling it out for them as to the value of a lady of Tarth altered their thought process. Too bad for Jaime, I find myself hating him early in the show and now I'm liking him more and more.

Loved the archer on the river and copious detail scenes with the humor.

50" Samsung Plasma HDTV | Networked Yamaha RX-V573 7.1 AV | BIC DV-32CLR Center | JBL 2600 Mains | Fluance AVBP2 Bi-Pole Surrounds on Soundcast SCS-100 wireless surround | Onkyo SKC-530 Sub | Networked Sony BDP-S590 

post #2441 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 180
I didn't see a reason for the hand clipping other than the fact that Locke was extremely angry at Jaime and his condescending manner. The fact that there isn't a logical reason doesn't mean that stuff doesn't happen. Tie this up with Jorah's statement to Dany: "There's a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hands."

No one has mentioned the humor in the show with the best parts having Tywin call a counsel meeting with a table with chairs on one side. Description from the EW recap: (http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/game-of-thrones-walk-of-punishment/)

"Here's what happens: All the chairs except Tywin's are lined up along the left side of the table (I wonder if Tywin purposely arranged them that way?). Varys, Littlefinger and Pycelle pause -- they're terrified of Tywin. Littlefinger leaps in front of Varys to get the chair to the master's left. Varys takes the next one. And Pycelle, doing his fragile old man act, is content to have the third (pretending to be agreeable and nonthreatening is how Pycelle has survived all these regimes). Now Cersei's turn. Instead of sitting several seats down from her father, she picks up a chair and carries it around the table and places it at her father's right hand side -- check.

Finally, Tyrion's move. The remaining chair is the farthest from Tywin on the left. This seems to present a problem for Tyrion, both strategically and perhaps even physically given the weight of that chair if he is to retain his dignity.

What happens next is perfect. Tyrion tilts back the empty chair and slowly and obnoxiously drags it across the floor -- sarcastically mocking the jockeying for position that has just transpired -- and then places his chair at the opposing end of the table from Tywin, facing his father as an equal. Tyrion manages to ridicule what the others did while beating them at their own game -- checkmate."

Then you apparently have Poderick wowing whores with mad skillz. Tyrion and Bronn want copious details. Hot Pie making a "dire wolf" bread. Then you have Catelyn's brother, Edmure, getting embarrassed first by his failure to light his dad's funeral boat and then by bragging about taking a Mill against Rob's orders. Tyrion and Bronn's discussion of borrowing money. Talisa telling the young Lannister hostages that Rob does turn into a wolf. Theon almost getting effed into the dirt. Finally, Craster. Worst. Laugh. Ever.

Thought it was a good episode. Some light heartedness with undertones of some very bad stuff to happen.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #2442 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 09:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 582
I quit this thread sometime ago because it drew way too many NO BOOK TALK! complaints about benign comments that were in no way spoilers. I came back because most of last season and this, the discussions have been about the show. Not to call names, but could we get back to discussing Game of Thrones instead of minutely examining whether a comment, in spoiler tags yet, was a spoiler or, gasp, might be one in the future?

I am as confused as everybody else about who the players are in the Theon thread. An IMDb credit for last week's Game of Thrones episode identifies Iwan Rheon as the young actor playing the character who first frees Theon from captivity in last show and then rescues him from imminent death in this week"s. His IMDb credit, though identifies him only as "boy." I have a hunch that we are going to learn a bunch more about "boy."

The scene in which Jamie's captor cut off Jamie's hand was an attention getter, to say the least. I have a hunch we are going to learn a bunch more about the guy who did that, too.

As this season goes on, I think I am more confused because I have read the books than I would have been if I had come to Game of Thrones without having read them. Even with all this confusion, I am loving this season of the show.
post #2443 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 09:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebkell View Post

Agreed, no book talk, basically anything is/can be a potential spoiler, I do believe last week it was dropped that Jaime and Brienne(sp?) were captured, and that was a spoiler, because we left them on the bridge ready to defend themselves.

That was shown in the previews for the next episode and thus "free game" wink.gif as far as being captured I think it was inferred at the very end of the episode, neither Brienne nor Jamie was goign to battle them as they were out numbered and had no horse....
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I didn't see a reason for the hand clipping other than the fact that Locke was extremely angry at Jaime and his condescending manner. The fact that there isn't a logical reason doesn't mean that stuff doesn't happen. Tie this up with Jorah's statement to Dany: "There's a beast in every man and it stirs when you put a sword in his hands."

No one has mentioned the humor in the show with the best parts having Tywin call a counsel meeting with a table with chairs on one side. Description from the EW recap: (http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/game-of-thrones-walk-of-punishment/)

"Here's what happens: All the chairs except Tywin's are lined up along the left side of the table (I wonder if Tywin purposely arranged them that way?). Varys, Littlefinger and Pycelle pause -- they're terrified of Tywin. Littlefinger leaps in front of Varys to get the chair to the master's left. Varys takes the next one. And Pycelle, doing his fragile old man act, is content to have the third (pretending to be agreeable and nonthreatening is how Pycelle has survived all these regimes). Now Cersei's turn. Instead of sitting several seats down from her father, she picks up a chair and carries it around the table and places it at her father's right hand side -- check.

Finally, Tyrion's move. The remaining chair is the farthest from Tywin on the left. This seems to present a problem for Tyrion, both strategically and perhaps even physically given the weight of that chair if he is to retain his dignity.

What happens next is perfect. Tyrion tilts back the empty chair and slowly and obnoxiously drags it across the floor -- sarcastically mocking the jockeying for position that has just transpired -- and then places his chair at the opposing end of the table from Tywin, facing his father as an equal. Tyrion manages to ridicule what the others did while beating them at their own game -- checkmate."

Then you apparently have Poderick wowing whores with mad skillz. Tyrion and Bronn want copious details. Hot Pie making a "dire wolf" bread. Then you have Catelyn's brother, Edmure, getting embarrassed first by his failure to light his dad's funeral boat and then by bragging about taking a Mill against Rob's orders. Tyrion and Bronn's discussion of borrowing money. Talisa telling the young Lannister hostages that Rob does turn into a wolf. Theon almost getting effed into the dirt. Finally, Craster. Worst. Laugh. Ever.

Thought it was a good episode. Some light heartedness with undertones of some very bad stuff to happen.
I enjoyed the lighthearted "jokes" as well smile.gif ncie little break from the otherwise "dreary" setting smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

The spoiler tag contains no spoils. It only points out my interest in who the character saving Theon may be. It's completely ambiguous. I know how touchy you guys are, as evidenced by the presence of that spoiler tag. So I put a spoiler on the comment.

This event and character does not exist in the books, so I can't spoil it...

Ill put it this way, if it is speculation adn you dont know who the person is then there is no need for spoiler tags....The onlt time it would be a spoiler is if you are taking you knowledge of the book and applying it to the guess in which case it WOULD be a spoiler.......Its not a matter of being "touchy" its a matter of not speculaing based on knowledge we dont have (since the books ahve not been read), thus any speculationwould be just that speculation without any knowledge of future events......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post

That is the feeling that I came away with after watching last night's episode. The first two series pretty much followed the books. So for me, reading along while watching didn't really spoil anything, it just helped clarify a few things and gave me real faces to apply to the characters. However, I'm 56% of the way thru Book 3 (Kindle gives you percentages) and so far, the first three episodes, especially last night's episode, are kind of all over the place so "companion" reading is very difficult. I'm still enjoying both modes but at times it has felt like two different stories.

They did this during the 2nd season as well, although they tend to end in the "same place" wink.gif as long as it all leads to the same "place" I dont mind that they change a few things.....So far most have been for the better for TV at least IMO........
post #2444 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 10:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I quit this thread sometime ago because it drew way too many NO BOOK TALK! complaints about benign comments that were in no way spoilers. I came back because most of last season and this, the discussions have been about the show. Not to call names, but could we get back to discussing Game of Thrones instead of minutely examining whether a comment, in spoiler tags yet, was a spoiler or, gasp, might be one in the future?

I am as confused as everybody else about who the players are in the Theon thread. An IMDb credit for last week's Game of Thrones episode identifies Iwan Rheon as the young actor playing the character who first frees Theon from captivity in last show and then rescues him from imminent death in this week"s. His IMDb credit, though identifies him only as "boy." I have a hunch that we are going to learn a bunch more about "boy."

The scene in which Jamie's captor cut off Jamie's hand was an attention getter, to say the least. I have a hunch we are going to learn a bunch more about the guy who did that, too.

As this season goes on, I think I am more confused because I have read the books than I would have been if I had come to Game of Thrones without having read them. Even with all this confusion, I am loving this season of the show.

gswat, the reason I personally am against spoiler tags in a non spoiler thread is that often if you get updates via email, the spoiler tags are removed wink.gif persoanlly I dont care about speculation as msot who are in this thred have NOT read the books past the point of Book 2 so they have no knowledge of where things are going.....You may be the type that likes to know where things are going and where they will end, and in this case it has already been laid out, but for me I like to go in "not knowing"....That is why they sperated the threads to begin with......

For instance if I said I have a feeling that when danny finally makes it across she will somehow help Rob and the North since he does not want the Kings Landing position that would be OK purely speculation as I dont know where the story is going and have no clue if that is true or not......

As far as the boy goes I agree, I am sure we will get to know more about him in teh coming episodes especially since he was sent by Theon's sister to "rescue" him.
post #2445 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 125
The Tyrion screeeeeeeeaching chair across the floor & the guy missing Cats dad with the flaming arrows really cracked me up.

As someone said maybe Jaime will make a sword attachment on his arm & do a Merle Dixon. biggrin.gif

Guess the editor forgot the longer ep edict as according to HBOGO this was only 52m 49s which is actually less than 7 eps last season.

Season 3 avg ep is now 54m 49s compared to season 2 54m 25s so they need to pick up the pace to get in the almost extra ep.

post #2446 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

The song was a version of "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" which was earlier in the ep, but I agree it was awful.

I agree, didnt like the version that they chose, felt "out of place"......
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

The Tyrion screeeeeeeeaching chair across the floor & the guy missing Cats dad with the flaming arrows really cracked me up.

As someone said maybe Jaime will make a sword attachment on his arm & do a Merle Dixon. biggrin.gif

Guess the editor forgot the longer ep edict as according to HBOGO this was only 52m 49s which is actually less than 7 eps last season.

Season 3 avg ep is now 54m 49s compared to season 2 54m 25s so they need to pick up the pace to get in the almost extra ep.

boy you are taking this extra episode thing to a whole.....nuva.....level......(MADTv reference) lol........
post #2447 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 10:40 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Thanx guys for explaining the reasons for Jaime's unfortunate loss of a paw.

I need to re-watch this episode.
For some reason, I missed some stuff.

post #2448 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 958
Quote:

Yeah, I have a feeling she understands every word Kraznys says too. His language sounds like a mix of French and Jabba the Hut smile.gif
post #2449 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Thanx guys for explaining the reasons for Jaime's unfortunate loss of a paw.

I need to re-watch this episode.
For some reason, I missed some stuff.

Never hurts to go back and re watch a scene wink.gif at 1st I thought they may rape him (that wasnt out of the question) but the hand actually was even worse.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Yeah, I have a feeling she understands every word Kraznys says too. His language sounds like a mix of French and Jabba the Hut smile.gif

Its funny that thought had crossed my mind as well (that Dany could understand him at least partially)..........Well by giving over all of the slaves, he leaves himself un protected and lets jsut be clear they will only listen to her biggrin.gif I think one little word like dracarus (used to "kill"t the wizard) and he will be "crispy" wink.gif Shes tricked him into giving all of the soilders\slaves which is what protects him, his translator, and has give him a dragon that she commands. IMO she palyed it perfectly and the trader severely underestimated her which will end up being fatal......

On another note Im surprised no one has mentioned this, in the beginning credits (one of the few shos I do watch form beginning to end) Winterfell is "burnt" in the map....Always nice to find those little details even in the opening credits........
post #2450 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 11:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Just read Andy Grantland's recap of Episode 3 on the Grantland site. Highly recommended! As noted in earlier posts about Greenwald's weekly Game of Thrones recaps, he likes the show as much as most of us do.
post #2451 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

LOL, right after watching the scene the wife said the very same thing.
And like Homer Simpson, I yelled "Doh!"redface.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Yeah, I have a feeling she understands every word Kraznys says too.
I have wondered about that too, but now I don't think so.
If she did, I think she would have nailed the guys earlier.wink.gif

post #2452 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

Never hurts to go back and re watch a scene wink.gif at 1st I thought they may rape him (that wasnt out of the question) but the hand actually was even worse.......
Its funny that thought had crossed my mind as well (that Dany could understand him at least partially)..........Well by giving over all of the slaves, he leaves himself un protected and lets jsut be clear they will only listen to her biggrin.gif I think one little word like dracarus (used to "kill"t the wizard) and he will be "crispy" wink.gif Shes tricked him into giving all of the soilders\slaves which is what protects him, his translator, and has give him a dragon that she commands. IMO she palyed it perfectly and the trader severely underestimated her which will end up being fatal......

On another note Im surprised no one has mentioned this, in the beginning credits (one of the few shos I do watch form beginning to end) Winterfell is "burnt" in the map....Always nice to find those little details even in the opening credits........

I agree, the dragons love Danaeris and will lay waste to whatever's necessary to stay with her. Her taking the translator was her way of rescuing her from the flames. I also agree with those who suspect Dany knew the slave trader was trash-talking her. Little bit of Don Corleone there when she warned her advisors not to disagree with her "in public".

Also, did anyone notice that the guy whose arrows kept missing the funeral boat was played by the same actor who played Brutus in Rome?

Steve S.
post #2453 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 11:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

LOL, right after watching the scene the wife said the very same thing.
And like Homer Simpson, I yelled "Doh!"redface.gif
I have wondered about that too, but now I don't think so.
If she did, I think she would have nailed the guys earlier.wink.gif

She couldnt nail him earlier as she didnt ahve his men...She needed the transfer to be complete before any attempt could be made. Think about all the questions she was asking about the men and thier loyalty. One they are hers they will only listen to "her" makig any order he gives in retaliation hold no value wink.gif ......
post #2454 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 11:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

gswat but that was my point, if it wasnt a spoiler then why put it in spoiler tags, speculation is speculation and we ALL do it here.......as far as notifications, I dont get them, but it looks like the software was fixed as I remember before even if spoiler tagged email notifications would not be "covered".......I actually enjoy speculation, and the quesiton arose becasue of the use of said spoiler tags. If they were not used and it was purely based on a "guess" then no one including myself would have an issue with it.

I leave it at this though as it has gone father than it should have...There is no neeed for spoiler tags in this thread which is what "threw" things off.....
Can't we all just get along?biggrin.gif

To be serious for a moment.....
It's important to remember we have TWO GoT threads on this forum: one for spoilers and one for none.

A lot of guys around here have read the books.
Does that preclude them from posting in this thread?
NO.
And I believe they have enough class to not post "spoilers" in this thread (the AVS Honor System).wink.gif

post #2455 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 11:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post

I agree, the dragons love Danaeris and will lay waste to whatever's necessary to stay with her. Her taking the translator was her way of rescuing her from the flames. I also agree with those who suspect Dany knew the slave trader was trash-talking her. Little bit of Don Corleone there when she warned her advisors not to disagree with her "in public".
Quote:

She couldnt nail him earlier as she didnt ahve his men...She needed the transfer to be complete before any attempt could be made. Think about all the questions she was asking about the men and thier loyalty. One they are hers they will only listen to "her" makig any order he gives in retaliation hold no value wink.gif ......
OK, I stand corrected.wink.gif

Like I said earlier, I need to re-watch.biggrin.gif

post #2456 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 11:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Can't we all just get along?biggrin.gif

To be serious for a moment.....
It's important to remember we have TWO GoT threads on this forum: one for spoilers and one for none.

NO.
And I believe they have enough class to not post "spoilers" in this thread (the AVS Honor System).wink.gif

Totally agree and up until this point I thought things were going very well smile.gif.....I ahve no ill will towards any of the posters in here I enjoy reading the insight of all members, sometimes all it takes is a different point of view for things to click smile.gif
post #2457 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 11:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:

Also, did anyone notice that the guy whose arrows kept missing the funeral boat was played by the same actor who played Brutus in Rome?

Sounds a bit like a play on the dog scene in the movie The Patriot when he whistles to get the dogs back after using them to trade for the release of prisoners.

And yes, I instantly recognized him from Rome.

along with the King beyond the wall

50" Samsung Plasma HDTV | Networked Yamaha RX-V573 7.1 AV | BIC DV-32CLR Center | JBL 2600 Mains | Fluance AVBP2 Bi-Pole Surrounds on Soundcast SCS-100 wireless surround | Onkyo SKC-530 Sub | Networked Sony BDP-S590 

post #2458 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 12:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

NO.

Yeah, as I have made clear, I have read all the books, some of them twice. Even if I could remember the differences between the books and show I wouldn't say anything about it. In any event, I am usually so confused by what those differences might have been, I wouldn't say anything for fear of humiliating myself.smile.gif

Quote:

I agree that it's likely Daenerys understood at least enough of the bearded slave owner's language to have learned just how profoundly he has underestimated her. We have seen enough of Dani to have learned that folks who fail to take her seriously do so at great personal risk. It's easy to forget that, despite Dani's diminutive size, blonde beauty, and youth, she is brilliant and very tough. The way Dani handles her business and keeps her minions in line is indeed a little reminiscent of Don Corleone. Michael Corleone might be another good example. You could ask Moe Green about that except that he's dead.smile.gif I think a similar fate may soon be at hand for the disrespectful slaver.
post #2459 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 12:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Totally agree and up until this point I thought things were going very well smile.gif.....I ahve no ill will towards any of the posters in here I enjoy reading the insight of all members, sometimes all it takes is a different point of view for things to click smile.gif
I do have faith in my fellow AVSers and we're all adults (excepting myself, of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

(non-spoiler, I swear!)
Book talk sometimes only makes sense to people who have read them. smile.gif
True, but some guys on the thread are pretty sharp (excluding myself, of course).

post #2460 of 6039 Old 04-15-2013, 12:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

It's easy to forget that, despite Dani's diminutive size, blonde beauty, and youth, she is brilliant and very tough.
+1000000

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page