'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 88 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2611 of 6039 Old 04-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 175
I think Jamie has a soft spot for the unaccepted in this world. He's one of the only people that doesn't hate Tyrion.

I think he's intrigued by Brienne. He's never seen her fight, so he has no idea her worth as a fighter. I think he was just testing her, when he tried to escape.

You can't really know a person until you fight them.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 6039 Old 04-22-2013, 09:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Loved last night's show although I have to admit that I really have to pay closer attention than I did last year . There are so many new characters and factions introduced that it's hard to keep track. Like most, I figured that Dany would double cross the slavemaster but watching it unfold was a joy. Dany is truly the Kaleesi and woe to anyone who underestimates her again. She now has a formidable, and more importantly, fiercely loyal army that will storm the gates of hell at her command.
post #2613 of 6039 Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 175
After she finished her treachery against the slaver, with a fire breathing, flying dragon. She asks if anyone wants to leave, she swears she won't hurt them. She's good at making deals.

Yeah, I'd be loyal too.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #2614 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post

I've been telling my wife that for years....

A.P.S. deserve our protection....join the cause today!
post #2615 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 06:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 93
4.87 million viewers another new all time high. biggrin.gif
HD Hockey Guy likes this.

post #2616 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 490 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Well Dragons WILL add a few more viewers wink.gif
post #2617 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Well Dragons WILL add a few more viewers wink.gif

Look what the dragons dragged in?

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #2618 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 385
Quote:

After she finished her treachery against the slaver, with a fire breathing, flying dragon. She asks if anyone wants to leave, she swears she won't hurt them. She's good at making deals.

Yeah, I'd be loyal too.
She never said she wouldn't harm the slaver. She fulfilled the strict terms of the contract -handed over Drogon on a leash, gave him the contents of the ship(s) (multiple ones in the book), etc. So strictly speaking, she didn't go back on her word. smile.gif
post #2619 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post

She never said she wouldn't harm the slaver. She fulfilled the strict terms of the contract -handed over Drogon on a leash, gave him the contents of the ship(s) (multiple ones in the book), etc. So strictly speaking, she didn't go back on her word. smile.gif

Hate to see you as a judge. smile.gif
Strictest terms vs. good faith agreements.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #2620 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 09:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Seriously, after seeing the slave master incinerated to death, I wouldn't be too inclined to 'leave' the army, regardless of what promises Dany made. But hey, that's just me wink.gif
post #2621 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Another post discussing the books vs show deleted.
post #2622 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I think the case got thrown out on a techniality, the defendant was a littel under the weather and couldnt be a witness.... biggrin.gif

Quote:

Look what the dragons dragged in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post

Seriously, after seeing the slave master incinerated to death, I wouldn't be too inclined to 'leave' the army, regardless of what promises Dany made. But hey, that's just me wink.gif

You do have a point there, but her good faith move was to have them kill all of thier masters as well as take care of the main one.....It goes back to what she was told by Jorah, that the people fought in previous wars becasue they loved thier leader and would die for him, not becasue they were forced to. The love\honor they had is what made them reliable, she in turn made the effort to make them a loyal army the freely chose to follow her rather than ones that were forced to follow her, it makes them a MUCH more formidable force wink.gif

I think it was the last episode or episode before where Jorah explained that to her, Il ahve to go back, but it is obvious she was listening smile.gif
post #2623 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 40
post #2624 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You do have a point there, but her good faith move was to have them kill all of thier masters as well as take care of the main one.....It goes back to what she was told by Jorah, that the people fought in previous wars becasue they loved thier leader and would die for him, not becasue they were forced to. The love\honor they had is what made them reliable, she in turn made the effort to make them a loyal army the freely chose to follow her rather than ones that were forced to follow her, it makes them a MUCH more formidable force wink.gif

I think it was the last episode or episode before where Jorah explained that to her, Il ahve to go back, but it is obvious she was listening smile.gif
It would seem that Dany has a practically ideal army--it has absolute, personal loyalty to her, has NONE of the potential vices of ordinary soldiers (greed, lust, etc.), has no fear, is impervious to pain, is near-unbeatable in the phalanx formation, etc. Throw in THREE fire breathing dragons who consider her their "mother", and she's in very good shape. smile.gif
post #2625 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It would seem that Dany has a practically ideal army--it has absolute, personal loyalty to her, has NONE of the potential vices of ordinary soldiers (greed, lust, etc.), has no fear, is impervious to pain, is near-unbeatable in the phalanx formation, etc. Throw in THREE fire breathing dragons who consider her their "mother", and she's in very good shape. smile.gif

If she adds Mounted Knights it will be a force to be reckoned with...Her army is still small numbers wise and could just be overrun with the current armies amased in the kingdoms. I dont doubt that the Dragons are worth many many many soilders as well...
post #2626 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

If she adds Mounted Knights it will be a force to be reckoned with...Her army is still small numbers wise and could just be overrun with the current armies amased in the kingdoms. I dont doubt that the Dragons are worth many many many soilders as well...
We're told that 3,000 Unsullied successfully defended the city of Qohor against 50,000 Dothraki riders. That's very impressive. It's not clear how a Dothraki rider compares to a Mounted Knight, but I doubt there's a big disparity there.
post #2627 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I think if you see a dragon torch your city in minutes and crisp up the guy next to you - you might find your courage fleeting and suddenly decide today isn't such a good day to fight. That said, there used to be lots of dragons which means they were defeated somehow...

50" Samsung Plasma HDTV | Networked Yamaha RX-V573 7.1 AV | BIC DV-32CLR Center | JBL 2600 Mains | Fluance AVBP2 Bi-Pole Surrounds on Soundcast SCS-100 wireless surround | Onkyo SKC-530 Sub | Networked Sony BDP-S590 

post #2628 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:

I think if and when she returns to Westeros, whoever flocks to her banner will have knights to add to her forces.

Where she is, though, the real presence for cavalry are the Dothraki, of which she was already a Khaleesi once. Add some of those to the 8000+ unsullied (she did take the ones in training too, right? ) and the dragons, all she needs is a fleet.

The important first step was the first part of her army, a strong core of infantry.
post #2629 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

We're told that 3,000 Unsullied successfully defended the city of Qohor against 50,000 Dothraki riders. That's very impressive. It's not clear how a Dothraki rider compares to a Mounted Knight, but I doubt there's a big disparity there.

Defend a City sure, but open battle and a siege of a city is a different story.....I dont doubt how good these unsullied are, but brought agianst one of the current armies, they may be well matched...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Hockey Guy View Post

I think if you see a dragon torch your city in minutes and crisp up the guy next to you - you might find your courage fleeting and suddenly decide today isn't such a good day to fight. That said, there used to be lots of dragons which means they were defeated somehow...

Yes they were...of course I am sure it wasn't easy even when it was done, otherwise people wouldnt worry so much or hold them at such high value......
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

I think if and when she returns to Westeros, whoever flocks to her banner will have knights to add to her forces.

Where she is, though, the real presence for cavalry are the Dothraki, of which she was already a Khaleesi once. Add some of those to the 8000+ unsullied (she did take the ones in training too, right? ) and the dragons, all she needs is a fleet.

The important first step was the first part of her army, a strong core of infantry.

Agreed smile.gif she would have to join the dothraki however as they have split (if I remember correctly) with both teh Dothraki and the unsullied however it would be a very good forcem she still needs that fleet to get them across the sea however, which will be more and more difficult as her army grows.....

I for one am looking forward to see how it plays out.......

BTW I still ahvent seen anyone mention the Varys scene where he is getitng his revenge finally....It was quick, but meaningful smile.gif
post #2630 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 03:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:

I think Jamie has a soft spot for the unaccepted in this world. He's one of the only people that doesn't hate Tyrion.

I think he's intrigued by Brienne. He's never seen her fight, so he has no idea her worth as a fighter. I think he was just testing her, when he tried to escape.

Shortly after being tasked with returning Jamie King's Landing Brienne dispatched the three Stark men who had murdered the women strung up the tree. I'd consider that an eye-opener for Jamie.

post #2631 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 05:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Defending a slaver?
Daryl, we're beginning to worry about you....tongue.gif

Quote:

I think the Dothraki would come off pretty well.
They were considered bada$$ during S1.

post #2632 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Defending a slaver?
Daryl, we're beginning to worry about you....tongue.gif
Definitely a big difference between being honorable with a vicious, arrogant enslaver of young children who insults you in the worst possible ways, and being honorable with those he enslaved. smile.gif
post #2633 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 05:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Definitely a big difference between being honorable with a vicious, arrogant enslaver of young children who insults you in the worst possible ways, and being honorable with those he enslaved. smile.gif
Harming a child...ANY child, calls for an act of extreme and instant prejudice IMO.

post #2634 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 65
Quote:

BTW I still ahvent seen anyone mention the Varys scene where he is getitng his revenge finally....It was quick, but meaningful smile.gif

More like "Keeping" his revenge. Rather exotic IMO. First thought was how does the guy live and
who takes care of the basics in the extremely compact living quarters? That's quite a commitment
from the jailer.

Many reviews mention the scene BTW - I enjoyed the history and especially Varys always calculated assurance to Tyrion.
post #2635 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 93
With his mouth sewn shut how does he even eat ?

post #2636 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I give up on keeping track and getting all the names right.

We need some member with too much time to set up a got roster thread cool.gif

Danny did not breach her bargain with that insulting owner of the unsullied.
She ordered the unsullied to attack their slave masters which she was entitled to do as their owners.
When this occurred, none of the unsullied went after the head of that tribe (too many names reference again)
Enraged he ordered his remaining legions to sully Dany, only then did she order her dragon to go into BBQ mode.

So technically, leader whose name I don't know violated their agreement first.

Best comment about theon's travails, Wtf??? Second best comment, the writers to this show have been way too intelligent to insult us with a dumb plot line
Like that, so retain faith and confidence.

Cersai can scheme all she wants, she has no shot against Margery, let alone Dany. She better hook up with capt. Hook before
those with superior Machiavellian skills dispatch her.

In fact rob, tywin, joffrey, brother king claimant who hangs with the red head devil worshiper, iron throne guy or gal, river run nut, or even marjorie looks
Like they can tangle successfully against Dany. She's in a class by herself.

Only problem for Dany is that south of the wall domiciliaries are soon to be inhabited by white walkers and those world war z dudes.

neflixis our nemesis
post #2637 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

The same way Dragons exist - Magic!
post #2638 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

I give up on keeping track and getting all the names right.

In fact rob, tywin, joffrey, brother king claimant who hangs with the red head devil worshiper, iron throne guy or gal, river run nut, or even marjorie looks

Only problem for Dany is that south of the wall domiciliaries are soon to be inhabited by white walkers and those world war z dudes.
Well, the series of books IS called A Song of Ice and Fire... Maybe the major confrontation will prove to be between the White Walkers (the power of Ice) and Dany's dragons (the power of Fire).

Winter is coming.
post #2639 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. wally View Post

The fantastic Dragon BBQ is over. Back to politics
post #2640 of 6039 Old 04-23-2013, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post

More like "Keeping" his revenge. Rather exotic IMO. First thought was how does the guy live and
who takes care of the basics in the extremely compact living quarters? That's quite a commitment
from the jailer.

Many reviews mention the scene BTW - I enjoyed the history and especially Varys always calculated assurance to Tyrion.

I dont read reviews so I wouldnt see it mentioned in them wink.gif

Well we really dont know how long hes been in there or when hes had certain things done to him....Eitehr way Im sure hes NOT getting taken care of since well hes meant to be a prisoner not a guest biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcowboy7 View Post

Water and smashed up whatever, its like asking how does someone with a broken jaw eat wink.gif its not like hes going to get much of anything anyways, dont think hes destined for this world much longer...
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition
Gear in this thread - Game by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page