post #91 of 174 Old 01-13-2013, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Theimpaler View Post

Looks like ["Kickball 2:The Kickening"] will finally air tonight (Sunday, January 13) according to Zap2it's program grid for local OTA in my area. Check listings for your area, hopefully you'll see the same.
Yup; Comcast's on-line guide lists it as episode 310 rather than episode 222, curiously.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 174 Old 01-15-2013, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad Theimpaler View Post

Looks like it will finally air tonight (Sunday, January 13) according to Zap2it's program grid for local OTA in my area. Check listings for your area, hopefully you'll see the same smile.gif

We are getting Sunday night out of order episodes of Happy Endings and Don't Trust the B***. So far the Happy Endings eps are good whereas the Don't Trust the B*** eps are not really up to snuff.
I've resorted to putting the close captioning on when I watch Happy Endings coz I can't hear/understand about 1/4 of the asides. Makes it an even better experience.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #93 of 174 Old 01-15-2013, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Can see why they didn't bother showing the Kickball episode last season. Not very good. Don't Trust the B's episodes appear to all be dumped episodes from last season. ABC sure isn't treating these shows very well. Almost NBC-like.
post #94 of 174 Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I haven't seen the latest episode, but the one with the dead parrot was awesome. If they can keep that up, this'll be a great season. And I agree that the kickball episode wasn't quite as good as you thought it might be. Not sure why it had such high expectations for me - maybe because of Dodgeball?
post #95 of 174 Old 01-16-2013, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

post #96 of 174 Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 126
The Marry Prankster was a great episode. I just about died when Max got pranked with the lottery and went scorched earth. And how Alex went Keyser Soze.

Max: “No, we’re not even. And when it comes, my revenge will be served like the tennis serve of a 7th grade girl – slow, out of bounds, and I will pull balls out of my skirt”

Jane: “Really? What else is great? Syphilis? Men with bangs? Waking up with a dead dog in your damn bed?” Penny: “If I had known that dog was gonna climb in bed with me, I never would have had so much chocolate in there”

Max: Pen I live by mafia rules, you, your family, anybody in the room. Y'all gotta pay, that's how I roll.

Alex: You guys realize that we are just prawns in his game. Little shrimp swimming around and waiting to be eaten by a big shark named Max.

Max: I'm rich! I'm no longer the poor one! I'm not sharing this with any of you. You're all dead to me.

Pete: Penny, I love your big heart and your even bigger head.

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
post #97 of 174 Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 91
You guys think adding another guy will be good for the show?

I don't see much comedy acting from that new guy, just a regular guy unlike our beloved cast.. LOL

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #98 of 174 Old 01-30-2013, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

I expect that in the long run we'll be seeing Nick Zano on "Happy Endings" about as often as we see him on "2 Broke Girls."  Even if Penny and Pete marry, how often did Paul Rudd show up on "Friends"?
post #99 of 174 Old 01-30-2013, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I don't see much comedy acting from that new guy, just a regular guy unlike our beloved cast.. LOL

I'd be more worried about whether or not this great show will last past this season. Yesterday's episodes were the lowest rated of all the shows aired by the "Big 4" in primetime. Even the Jimmy Kimmel repeat got better ratings. Not good.
post #100 of 174 Old 01-30-2013, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
thats what you get for taking my precious "Don't trust the B" away.smile.gif
post #101 of 174 Old 02-01-2013, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Well, the Kimmel show was a jewel, I did watch it "live" the other day but not so many people stay that late so they were curious and took audience away..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #102 of 174 Old 02-01-2013, 11:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, the Kimmel show was a jewel, I did watch it "live" the other day but not so many people stay that late so they were curious and took audience away..

Took audience away from what?
post #103 of 174 Old 02-02-2013, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitchatjf View Post

thats what you get for taking my precious "Don't trust the B" away.smile.gif

Amen!

post #104 of 174 Old 02-06-2013, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:

You know what I think would be good for the show? Less Max and Penny. Or, balance them out so that they are more well rounded and at least occasionally demonstrate likable and empathetic qualities. They have now become completely one dimensional horrible people, that you would never want to go near in real life. Sort of like the worst of the Seinfeld characters. That's OK in small doses, but recent episodes have had too much of it. I feel like Max, especially, should be more like Creed on The Office. Just pop in occasionally to say something both funny and horrifying, but not the center of attention. I have a hard time sitting through any Max or Penny centered episodes.
post #105 of 174 Old 02-06-2013, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Sadly this show is taking a bit of a dive this season. At least to me. It still has some great moments, but it also has a ton of weak moments.
post #106 of 174 Old 02-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hmm, I think this season has been great so far. The only weak show was the Kickball one, which was really from last year
post #107 of 174 Old 04-20-2013, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Did the Mountain or Pacific Zones see the scheduled new episodes ("The Ballad of Lon Sarofsky" [edit: not "Len" as I had thought and typed originally] and "Un-sabotagable") last night, or was other programming substituted?  In the Eastern and Central Zones they were preempted for coverage of Dzhokhan Tsarnaev's capture.

I've a sinking feeling that, either way, it's going to be difficult for those of us east of the Great Plains to find them.  If they weren't aired in the West, then I expect that, as with the final two episodes of "Better Off Ted" or most of the last season of "Mr. Belvedere," ABC will not reschedule them; if they were, then ABC will not rerun them.

They haven't shown up on Comcast VOD yet, and usually new episodes have been there the next morning.  They're not at abc.com yet either, but it's still early for that.
post #108 of 174 Old 04-20-2013, 08:36 AM

Liked: 10
You can find The Ballad .... online if you look because it aired in Toronto on CItyTV. It did not air in the other time zones on City and the second episode didn't air at all. Better then nothing I suppose. On the west coast, CityTV aired 2 30 Rock reruns while ABC aired Last Man Standing and a rerun Happy Endings.
post #109 of 174 Old 04-20-2013, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecanadiantvguy View Post

You can find The Ballad .... online if you look because it aired in Toronto on CItyTV.
Let's hope so.  Bing's and Google's only hit on its title so far are my post above where I asked about it.

Edit: duh, that's because I had the title wrong.  It's Lon, not Len.  There are plenty of links for each of the two episodes that had been scheduled for last night.  I never know how to proceed or which to choose or what to do when my searches run into that, and any advice would be appreciated, but that's a separate problem.
post #110 of 174 Old 04-21-2013, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

They're on Hulu, and are going to be shown next week on ABC.
post #111 of 174 Old 04-21-2013, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

They're on Hulu,
Thank you ... now to find a way to learn to use Hulu, though I'm not so sure it will help with this: a search there as a non-logged-in visitor turned up only the same three episodes that are available at abc.com: the two from April 12 ("She Got Game Night" and "The Storm before the Calm") and the second one from April 5 ("Bros before Bros").
Quote:
and are going to be shown next week on ABC.
But not these episodes: according to both titantv.com and tvguide.com, ABC still has the next two episodes scheduled for April 26 as originally planned: "Deuce Babylove 2: Electric Babydeuce" and "Brothas & Sisters."  "Brothas & Sisters" is described as the season finale.

We'll have to look off the air for "The Ballad of Lon Sarofsky" and "Un-sabotagable."  Does anyone have a recommendation for a particular site?  Those I find all seem to require filling out a survey (which means getting spammed afterward), installing special software, or paying; unless the price is too high, I'd consider paying to be the least bad of those alternatives.

post #112 of 174 Old 04-21-2013, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

They were removed last night from Hulu since ABC intends to air them next next:

4/26: 320 & 321 (originally scheduled for 4/19)
5/2: 322 & 323 (Season finale)
post #113 of 174 Old 04-21-2013, 11:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
For those who can't wait, both episodes are available for purchase in SD and HD in the iTunes store.
post #114 of 174 Old 04-22-2013, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ABC intends to air them next next:

4/26: 320 & 321 (originally scheduled for 4/19)
5/2: 322 & 323 (Season finale)
What's your source for that info?  Titantv.com, tvguide.com, and abc.com all still show #322 and #323 on April 26 and an extra "Shark Tank" on May 3.
post #115 of 174 Old 04-22-2013, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattier View Post

What's your source for that info?  Titantv.com, tvguide.com, and abc.com all still show #322 and #323 on April 26 and an extra "Shark Tank" on May 3.

ABC's site
post #116 of 174 Old 04-22-2013, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Titantv is really bad at updates. There listings are wrong quite often.
post #117 of 174 Old 04-23-2013, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

ABC's site
Yes, Skyehill, it's there now, and it's on tvguide.com too.  (Titantv.com hasn't updated it yet, no surprise for Bruin95.)  I checked those sites just now before returning to AVSForum, in the hope that you were right and that they'd now back you up.

When I posted yesterday, those sites weren't showing the update yet, so you must have found out some other way.  If you have some secret source and you don't want to say more, that's fine; your report is corroborated now.

Also, the on-screen guide from Comcast now shows "Sarofsky" and "Un-sabotagable" for April 26 and TBA for May 3, but the May 3 hour is cut into two half-hours.

Needless to say (but that won't stop me), I'm greatly relieved that I can watch these episodes on WLS and won't to have to go through any other channels (pun intended) to see them.
post #118 of 174 Old 04-23-2013, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't have a source other than checking their site over the weekend after I noticed my DVR got news instead of Happy Endings. Hulu had the eps for a short time, but they disappeared hours later, at which time ABC updated the Happy Endings page to say that next week's episodes will be the ones that were pulled from Hulu. I think Canadians got one of the episodes last week, so not sure what they're getting this week.
post #119 of 174 Old 04-23-2013, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I don't have a source other than checking their site over the weekend after I noticed my DVR got news instead of Happy Endings. Hulu had the eps for a short time, but they disappeared hours later, at which time ABC updated the Happy Endings page to say that next week's episodes will be the ones that were pulled from Hulu.
Then you were luckier or smarter than I in selecting when to check ABC's site, or perhaps there was info on beta.abc.go.com (a site I didn't know about) that wasn't yet on abc.go.com.

Thank you for sharing what you found out.
Quote:
I think Canadians got one of the episodes last week,
At least some of them did; thecanadiantvguy said so earlier:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecanadiantvguy View Post

You can find The Ballad .... online if you look because it aired in Toronto on CItyTV. It did not air in the other time zones on City and the second episode didn't air at all.
post #120 of 174 Old 04-23-2013, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Canadians were getting episodes 3-4 days ahead of the US. But that was when it aired on Tuesdays. Not sure if that still applies today.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page