'Alcatraz' on FOX HD - Page 12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 482 Old 02-28-2012, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
As best as I can tell, Fox is sticking with the original 2 episodes scheduled for next week, followed by the episode that was planned for last night "Clarence Montgomery" on 3/12, followed by another new episode on 3/19 and the 2 part season finale on 3/26. This information comes from the usually reliable futon critic show page, but is, of course, always subject to change by Fox.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showat...traz/listings/

I think it's pretty safe to say that the Saturday, outside-of-primetime airings will always be repeats.

Rocky
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 482 Old 02-28-2012, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Interesting, according to that FOX has already aired epsiodes out of order, so I guess there is nothing in this that will break the story arc, because while Monday is 2 hours, it looks to be two seperate episodes just like the first night was.
post #333 of 482 Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
am I missing something here? They're showing a series that has an evolving storyline..and they are showing them out of order? That makes no sense, not even for the network that screwed up Firefly.

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #334 of 482 Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonwolf615 View Post

am I missing something here? They're showing a series that has an evolving storyline..and they are showing them out of order? That makes no sense, not even for the network that screwed up Firefly.

Awesome. This is why I don't bother getting into any series on Fox until its several years into its run.... and that's if I even feel like bothering by then.

Demolition Man
Fan of New England/Boston & Minnesota teams!
post #335 of 482 Old 02-28-2012, 09:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked: 457
From the FOX site,

Quote:

MONDAY, MARCH 5

[EDITOR’S NOTE: HOUSE returns to the schedule this spring.]

**TWO-HOUR EPISODE**--“ALCATRAZ”—(8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

BROTHERS ONCE BEHIND BARS AND A VIOLENT CRIMINAL REAPPEAR

ON AN ALL-NEW SPECIAL TWO-HOUR “ALCATRAZ”

MONDAY, MARCH 5, ON FOX

Theo Rossi (“Sons of Anarchy”) Guest-Stars

In back-to-back all-new episodes, two of Alcatraz’s most violent brothers, Herman (guest star Travis Aaron Wade) and Pinky (guest star Graham Shiels) Ames, who were notorious for nearly escaping in 1963, find something mysteriously amiss when they return to Alcatraz in the present day. In the second installment, Sonny Burnett (guest star Theo Rossi), a man with an incredible dark side who became ultra-violent during his stint at Alcatraz, returns in an all-new special two-hour “The Ames Bros./Sonny Burnett” episode of ALCATRAZ airing Monday, March 5 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (ALC-109/10) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Sarah Jones as Detective Rebecca Madsen; Jorge Garcia as Dr. Diego Soto; Sam Neill as Emerson Hauser; Parminder Nagra as Lucy Banerjee; Robert Forster as Ray Archer; Jonny Coyne as Warden Edwin James; Jason Butler Harner as Associate Warden ED Tiller.

Guest Cast: Travis Aaron Wade as Herman Ames; Graham Shiels as Pinky Ames; Theo Rossi as Sonny Burnett

For episodic photos and more information on this episode of ALCATRAZ, please visit http://www.foxflash.com/div.php/main/page?aID=1z2z2z333.

http://www.foxflash.com/div.php/main...o=3&d=5#monday

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that indicates that "Clarence Montgomery", that was scheduled to air yesterday, is now being bumped to an as of yet to be determined date.
post #336 of 482 Old 02-28-2012, 10:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Now scheduled for March 12th.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #337 of 482 Old 02-28-2012, 11:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Watched "Clarence Montgomery" tonight and it's very episodic. I doubt watching it out of order would make any difference at all.
post #338 of 482 Old 02-28-2012, 11:22 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

Watched "Clarence Montgomery" tonight and it's very episodic. I doubt watching it out of order would make any difference at all.

Except for that exchange between the warden and the doctor.
post #339 of 482 Old 02-28-2012, 11:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Saturday, 3/10 at 11:00 according to my Comcast guide and Zap2It.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #340 of 482 Old 02-29-2012, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Fox airing a show out of order? I'm shocked!
post #341 of 482 Old 02-29-2012, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Carr View Post

Saturday, 3/10 at 11:00 according to my Comcast guide and Zap2It.

For me, Zap2it shows "The Ames Bros" on that date and time. As I said earlier, the Saturday airings will always be repeats, Monday March 12 will be the first airing of "Clarence Montgomery."

I wonder if "The Ames Bros/Sonny Burnett" episodes are stand-alone, or if they really run together. If they are stand-alone episodes, I don't know why Fox doesn't just run "Clarence Montgomery" and "The Ames Bros" episodes as the two hour block on the 5th. For that matter, they could have just ran the House and Alcatraz episodes that were preempted for the race on the 5th and move the two hour block to the 12th. It's not as if the rearranged spring schedule they announced on Monday didn't open up some time for them, and they even though it was already in programming guides, they had not really started promoting the two-hour Alcatraz episodes on May 5th yet at that point.

Rocky
post #342 of 482 Old 02-29-2012, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyF View Post

For me, Zap2it shows "The Ames Bros" on that date and time.

Was changed from "Clarence Montgomery", now scheduled for 3/12.

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #343 of 482 Old 02-29-2012, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Sonny Burnett? Will Don Johnson make a cameo?
post #344 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I really want to like this show, and it is an interesting plot, but it's becoming Fox's version of Lost. Slowing dragging out the secondary plot and conversations that would have most asking questions that don't seem to come up. It seems the 1st is the standard that many new shows are following: A story of the week plot sprinkled with bits of the overall plot. (Fringe, Awake, Alcatraz, The Firm, etc.) Even long running shows that I thought lasted so long because of the isolated story arcs are beginning this trend. (L&O SVU)

Last nights episode lost me when Doc managed to make an outside call and instead of calling the police or someone on the team, he just chose to ask for details on how to get out of the cell.

I can deal with the slow moving story with the lady in the coma because I know that's the approach they're taking to tell the story, but I have to wonder if Doc (Hugo) sees the irony of being in another series where asking questions is just not in the script. They skirted with it a few episodes ago when he jokingly mentioned asking what the heck was going on, but I guess that was supposed to satisfy our curiosity.

I'm gonna hang in there if not for anything but the reveal of the main story but it'll probably be after a few weeks on the DVR.

Tony
post #345 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Yeah, I,m with Tony...it's really hard to swallow some things and the plot holes are big enough for Hurley to fall into. There was one redeeming line in the second episode last night that made it worth watching, "They sure are cute when they're young." When the Doc from 1960 Alcatraz said that, with the perfect grin on his face, I broke out laughing and thought to myself, "Now there's something the writers got right."

Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD....Pioneer Elite BDP-05....Onkyo TX-NR717

Cambridge Soundworks MC305 Fronts & Center...Cambridge Soundworks Ambiance Surrounds....SVS PC12-NSD
post #346 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Been watching since the beginning and while it's OK, I'm wondering if I should invest the time in the remaining episodes since it's been cancelled.

post #347 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
It was cancelled?? Was that announced?

Not that it would be much of a surprise.
post #348 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 38
No it has not been cancelled. But based on the numbers I'd be shocked if it came back. And the last 2-3 episodes I've had a hard time watching. Nice premise to start but it's getting nowhere.
post #349 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Where did you read it was cancelled? I haven't seen that.
post #350 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 09:33 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

It was Terra Nova that got canceled.
post #351 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr b View Post

Last nights episode lost me when Doc managed to make an outside call and instead of calling the police or someone on the team, he just chose to ask for details on how to get out of the cell.

The getting a signal part of the scene was troublesome. There should be an antenna farm on the island, so you would be damn close to the tower. Having not taken the trip to the island (lack of time the couple of times I was in SF), I do not know if there is or isn't a tower there. Assuming that there is, calling the store to get the location of the release latch would be many times quicker than waiting for the cops to arrive by boat. That is if you managed to get through to someone and get them to believe that you are really there.

"What do you say Beckett. Wanna have a baby?" - Castle to Det. Beckett
"How Long have I been gone?" Alexis after arriving home and seeing Castle and Beckett w/ the baby - Castle - 11/25/13
Mr. Video
My Geek Images

post #352 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 205
If you have followed the series and watched last night's two episodes, would you say that at any point you felt you'd missed something that might have been in the pre-empted "Clarence Montgomery"? I'm wondering whether I should just save these 2 eps on my DVR until after next Monday.

Also, was there a "previously on..." that contained spoilers for "Clarence Montgomery?"

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #353 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/06/showbi...0_undefined,0_

In the same article as Terra Nova although I haven't found a dedicated announcement. TN, House & Alcatraz all mentioned as cancelled. We'll see....maybe it will be given a last minute stay of execution

Not great, but I was enjoying the show. Hope the article is wrong and it gets a season 2. It'd be nice to see the mystery solved for viewers.

Steve
post #354 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 795
I just read about Terra Nova getting axed. Now Alcatraz too? I thought it was just hitting it's stride. Too bad. To quote Freddy Mercury and Queen, another one bites the dust.

When life gives you limes, make margaritas
post #355 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

If you have followed the series and watched last night's two episodes, would you say that at any point you felt you'd missed something that might have been in the pre-empted "Clarence Montgomery"? I'm wondering whether I should just save these 2 eps on my DVR until after next Monday.

Also, was there a "previously on..." that contained spoilers for "Clarence Montgomery?"

There is essentially only one line, an exchange between Hauser and Beauregard in "Clarence Montgomery" that relates to the overall story arc, and it wasn't all that important as the subject is alluded to again in last night's episode. I don't recall seeing any spolierish material in the "previously on" from last night.
post #356 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

In the same article as Terra Nova although I haven't found a dedicated announcement. TN, House & Alcatraz all mentioned as cancelled. We'll see....maybe it will be given a last minute stay of execution

Not great, but I was enjoying the show. Hope the article is wrong and it gets a season 2. It'd be nice to see the mystery solved for viewers.

No, you misread that sentence:

"The decision was handed down despite a few factors that were in the show's favor: A creatively strong two-hour finale, which won over many of the show's grumbling detractors; Fox cancelling Monday night veteran "House"; and another Monday sci-fi drama, "Alcatraz," under-performing in recent weeks."

Read it like this:

"Terra Nova was cancelled despite three factors that were in the show's favor:
1. The finale was strong;
2. House was cancelled;
3. Alcatraz is under-performing."

It does not say Alcatraz has been cancelled, or even hint that it has.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

post #357 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

It does not say that Alcatraz is canceled.

Quote:

The decision was handed down despite a few factors that were in the show's(Terra Nova) favor: A creatively strong two-hour finale, which won over many of the show's grumbling detractors; Fox cancelling Monday night veteran "House"; and another Monday sci-fi drama, "Alcatraz," under-performing in recent weeks. From what we hear, Fox higher-ups weren't too fond of the show.

post #358 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 347
^^
OK OK sorry for misinterpreting the sentence in the article
Like you said in the TN thread, it's poorly written. Trust me, I don't want Alcatraz to be cancelled, just read the article and the sentence structure led me to understand that House & Alcatraz were part of the announcement.

Thanks for the clearing it up and sorry for causing some un-needed disappointment.

Steve
post #359 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

^^
OK OK sorry for misinterpreting the sentence in the article
Like you said in the TN thread, it's poorly written. Trust me, I don't want Alcatraz to be cancelled, just read the article and the sentence structure led me to understand that House & Alcatraz were part of the announcement.

Thanks for the clearing it up and sorry for causing some un-needed disappointment.

I don't want to see Alcatraz canceled either, but if canceling it, along with the already canceled Terra Nova improves Fringe's chances for a another season or half season for a proper finish to the story then I'm okay with no more Alcatraz. In my opinion, Alcatraz is much better than Terra Nova ever was, but Fringe is better than both of those shows combined. Of course that's not what matters...
post #360 of 482 Old 03-06-2012, 11:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 505
I'd only care if Alcatraz was cancelled if it started having larger aspirations in the way Fringe finally did.

If it stays the course and just keeps churning out deviant Cons of the Week then I'm not going to miss it. There's always Criminal Minds for that.

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page