Strike Back on Cinemax - Page 13 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 16Likes

post #361 of 389 Old 12-08-2013, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Ok, I am officially bummed. All six episodes of Origins left when I had to replace my cable co. DVR . We finally went down last night to catch up on Cinemax on demand and found out only the American version is available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 389 Old 12-08-2013, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylan View Post

Ok, I am officially bummed. All six episodes of Origins left when I had to replace my cable co. DVR . We finally went down last night to catch up on Cinemax on demand and found out only the American version is available.

Origins is available on Maxgo.com. Most cable systems can get it....

Bobby 

post #363 of 389 Old 12-10-2013, 04:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13

It was great discussing Origins with everyone and I'm pleased, of course, that it found so much favour.  Hope we can find something else in common to chat about in the future.

Mylan - and anyone else who is interested - I'm sorry you missed this, but some American friends decided to buy the blu-ray.  It should play, but read the crabby comments first on Amazon.com because it doesn't work on all machines.  A few people have bought it from Amazon.co.uk because it's only about $16 on that site and other friends have invested in a multi-region player ($50) and bought the straight DVD at $12.  They reckon they have got their money back quite quickly because of buying DVDs from the UK (although this works both ways.) Anyway, hope you get to see it in the end, mylan, and decide that it was worth the effort.

Now getting ready to see Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield in The Desolation of Smaug: another great piece of acting that reminds me of John Porter in some ways, LOL

Young C likes this.
post #364 of 389 Old 12-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 31
LOVE Richard Armitage!biggrin.gif

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #365 of 389 Old 12-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricrac View Post

Yes, I remember people saying that he had been presented in Origins as a person who could escape from any hole - so why hadn't he escaped here?  It also seemed a case that he had let his captors use him to televise a political message.  People just couldn't believe it and it seemed a mean and unheroic way for Porter to finish his days.  But, of course, those of us who didn't switch off in disgust at this point, discovered that he had hidden a secret message in his last transmission and so did, after all, die a hero.  But, it wasn't what the audience wanted and I know a lot of people who refused to tune in to the new series because of it.  

Also, by killing off JP, the makers of the series were closing the door on a chance for Porter (Armitage?) to return. which is a shame because it would have been good fun to have Porter, Scott and Stonebridge go on a mission together now that The Hobbit has finished filming.  Armitage has said that he was very attached to this character but that he really had to wriggle to get out of the contract.  Perhaps they killed off JP in order to 'punish' Armitage in some way.

It would be great to see the three of them united on this show. JP could be written back in with some kind of plot causing him to wriggle out of the execution ... I think it could be done if they want to do it. I know I want them to do it!

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #366 of 389 Old 01-06-2014, 07:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 721
As noted in my recent posts to this thread, I loved Strike Back Origins. I liked it so much that I have rewatched all of Seasons 2-4, the ones starring Sullivan Stapleton and Philip Winchester. Because I had come to understand the show's silliness and over the top nature, I was better prepared for it the second time around. Armed with this foreknowledge, I came to celebrate the show's utter preposterousness, which let me better enjoy its breathtaking excitement and bloodthirstiness. Now, for the first time I am really looking forward to Season 5, even if at least half of Stonebridge and Scott's dialog consists of exclamations of "S*it!" and "F*ck!" smile.gif
post #367 of 389 Old 01-06-2014, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

As noted in my recent posts to this thread, I loved Strike Back Origins. I liked it so much that I have rewatched all of Seasons 2-4, the ones starring Sullivan Stapleton and Philip Winchester. Because I had come to understand the show's silliness and over the top nature, I was better prepared for it the second time around. Armed with this foreknowledge, I came to celebrate the show's utter preposterousness, which let me better enjoy its breathtaking excitement and bloodthirstiness. Now, for the first time I am really looking forward to Season 5, even if at least half of Stonebridge and Scott's dialog consists of exclamations of "S*it!" and "F*ck!" smile.gif

In iambic pentameter no less.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #368 of 389 Old 01-07-2014, 08:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

In iambic pentameter no less.

Not hardly. Neither the boys nor the Strike Back writers will ever be compared to Ian McShane or David Milch. smile.gif
post #369 of 389 Old 03-08-2014, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 149
I miss this show frown.gif

LOL
post #370 of 389 Old 06-13-2014, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Tonight's VICE made me think of Strike Back. **** made me a bit sad.. Poor people
post #371 of 389 Old 09-22-2014, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

HBO's Press Release regarding Season 5 of Strike Back

NEW YORK, Sept 22, 2014 – A star-studded cast heads season four of CINEMAX’s hit action drama series STRIKE BACK, which recently resumed production in Europe. Stars Sullivan Stapleton (“300: The Rise of an Empire,” “Gangster Squad”) and Philip Winchester (“Crusoe,” “Camelot,” the upcoming “Undrafted”) return as an unlikely pair of counterterrorism operatives, Scott and Stonebridge, and are joined by Robson Green (“Wire in the Blood,” “Grantchester”), Michelle Lukes (“Doctors”) and Milauna Jackson (“Blood Done Sign My Name,” the upcoming “Bolden!”) as their fellow Section 20 members.

New cast members include award winner Michelle Yeoh (“Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II”), Dustin Clare (the “Spartacus” series), Will Yun Lee (“The Wolverine,” HBO’s “True Blood”), James Wilby (“Gosford Park”), Adrian Paul (the “Highlander” series), Joseph Gatt (HBO’s “Game of Thrones”; “Teen Wolf”; CINEMAX’s “Banshee”), Christian Antidormi (“Spartacus: War of the Damned”) and British mixed martial arts champion and UFC fighter Michael Bisping. The series recently resumed shooting in Europe and will continue through the fall, with additional production in Thailand. The production had been on hiatus to allow Stapleton to recuperate from a non-set injury sustained earlier this year. STRIKE BACK’s fourth and final season of ten episodes will air on CINEMAX and UK partner Sky 1 in 2015.

Season four is directed by Michael J. Bassett (who also serves as co-executive producer), Julian Holmes and Brendan Maher, and written by Bassett, Jack Lothian, James Dormer, Richard Zajdlic, Ed Whitmore and Tim Vaughan. Other new cast members include Michael McElhatton (Roose Bolton in HBO’s “Game of Thrones”), Max Beesley (“Suits”), Tim McInnerny (“Notting Hill”), Leo Gregory (“Tristan and Isolde”), Mark Griffin (“Doctor Who”), Wolf Kahler (“Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows”), Andrew Pleavin (“300: Rise of an Empire”), Eliza Hope Bennett (“Nanny McPhee”) and Masa Yamaguchi (“The Wolverine”).
post #372 of 389 Old 12-20-2014, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

May contain spoilers!

JoeTiVo likes this.

Last edited by Young C; 12-20-2014 at 12:07 AM.
post #373 of 389 Old 01-17-2015, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Cinemax Slots Strike Back for Summer, Reveals Details on Final Season
By Matt Mitovich | Thursday, January 08 2015 | tvline.com

Holding court at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on Thursday, Cinemax threw Strike Back fans a bone by narrowing the premiere date for the delayed fourth and final season down to “summer 2015.”

The high-octane action-drama typically fires off its new episodes in the summer, but production on Season 4 was paused for six months when series star Sullivan Stapleton, who plays Sgt. Damien Scott, sustained a serious, injury off-set in February 2014.

The pay cabler also released the logline for the final season, including casting details:

Spoiler!

Cinemax also set a “fall 2015″ premiere timetable for Season 2 of The Knick.

http://tvline.com/2015/01/08/strike-...n-summer-2015/
post #374 of 389 Old 01-19-2015, 04:51 AM
DDD

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post
Cinemax Slots Strike Back for Summer, Reveals Details on Final Season
By Matt Mitovich | Thursday, January 08 2015 | tvline.com

Holding court at the Television Critics Association winter press tour on Thursday, Cinemax threw Strike Back fans a bone by narrowing the premiere date for the delayed fourth and final season down to “summer 2015.”

The high-octane action-drama typically fires off its new episodes in the summer, but production on Season 4 was paused for six months when series star Sullivan Stapleton, who plays Sgt. Damien Scott, sustained a serious, injury off-set in February 2014.

The pay cabler also released the logline for the final season, including casting details:

Spoiler!

Cinemax also set a “fall 2015″ premiere timetable for Season 2 of The Knick.

http://tvline.com/2015/01/08/strike-...n-summer-2015/
"For fans of the action star, the images will come as a welcome relief as the actor has been taking it easy after he fell off a Tuk Tuk in Thailand, suffering a serious head and back injury.
He had been in the country filming his television series Strike Back when the accident occurred, making unable to promote the 300 sequel."

Tuk Tuk's don't look very dangerous to me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tuktuk-at-sanam-luang.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	487730  
Young C likes this.
post #375 of 389 Old 02-06-2015, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Strike Back Season 4: Production Recon #2 – Budapest, Hungary

Edit, 02/27/2015: Video offline.

Last edited by Young C; 02-27-2015 at 08:42 PM.
post #376 of 389 Old 02-27-2015, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Strike Back Season 4: Production Recon #3 – Krabi, Thailand
post #377 of 389 Old 02-28-2015, 11:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 304
^ oh yeah!
Sweet.....
Young C likes this.

“You cannot play God and then wash your hands of the things you created.”
Commander Bill Adama
post #378 of 389 Old 02-28-2015, 03:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 346 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Don't know why I thought Strike Back 4 was coming right after Banshee 3 ended. At least I can cancel cinemax until Strike Back starts.
post #379 of 389 Old 04-28-2015, 07:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
CINEMAX has confirmed that the fourth and final season of STRIKE BACK will debut FRIDAY, JULY 31 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT).
yay!!
cyfman likes this.
post #380 of 389 Old 04-28-2015, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Perfect show for summer
post #381 of 389 Old 04-28-2015, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Woohoo! Missed the show while it was on hiatus.
post #382 of 389 Old 05-08-2015, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Some new videos.

Best show on TV (before it premiers )
post #383 of 389 Old 06-01-2015, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Season 5 is starting this Wednesday on Sky in the UK!
http://www.sky.com/tv/show/strike-ba...affiliate=true

The Sky trailer. It's not accessible in my country though. I'll link it anyway for the people outside of the US.
post #384 of 389 Old 06-02-2015, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
As an enthusiastic fan of Strike Back : Origins who also enjoyed the Cinemax SB, I was thrilled today to see that the SAS man, Chris Ryan, who wrote the original Strike Back novel on which the original series was based, will soon be publishing another John Porter novel, making it tie in with what the scriptwriters had decided would be the end of Richard Armitage's character at the start of the Cinemax series.

The book is called Deathlist and will be published to coincide with the conclusion of the TV series. It involves a revenge mission which is both secretive and illegal and which takes Porter on a kill or be killed mission across Europe. Here's the article:

http://www.examiner.com/article/chri...ovel-deathlist

It would be great if this were turned into a film.
Young C likes this.
post #385 of 389 Old 06-20-2015, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Are we there yet?

Highly anticipating this. Will post the usual AVS statement "Best show on TV" once it's back.
post #386 of 389 Old 06-20-2015, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 304
The first three episodes have already aired overseas.
From in-laws abroad- I've been told we won't be disappointed by the new season
cyfman likes this.

“You cannot play God and then wash your hands of the things you created.”
Commander Bill Adama
post #387 of 389 Old 06-20-2015, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Whens the air date for here ?

Jerry
post #388 of 389 Old 06-20-2015, 01:09 PM