post #91 of 370 Old 08-18-2012, 07:21 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdguru View Post

I knew his wife was dead the whole time and fully expected that guy to shoot or kidnap her when they were in the kitchen. It gives Stonebridge the ok to come back to the unit without the nagging wink.gif
Yep in the course of a single show we learned that Stonebridge's pregnant wife miscarried and then saw her assassinated. How handy was that? As I said in an earlier post, an extraordinary willingness to suspend disbelief is required to get the most out of Strike Back. It seems to me, though, that doing so is a worthwhile exercise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 370 Old 08-18-2012, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Rhona Mitra is a nice addition too wink.gif This is one of my favorite shows that I actually watch live. The list is short with shows like Breaking Bad, etc. Everything else I watch later from the dvr.

Elite PRO-70X5FD!

dvdguru

Xbox Live Gamertag: AVS Steve
post #93 of 370 Old 08-19-2012, 05:24 AM

Liked: 16
As usual I'm late to the party,I don't even remember seeing anything about this show last year. I'm in the process now of recording season 1 from "D" VOD. I was a big "The Unit" fan and enjoyed 24 as well. Already have season 2 set to DVR. I'm gonna start with ep1 season 1 and go from there.

Sounds like a good show to watch:)

JERRY
post #94 of 370 Old 08-19-2012, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Rhona's got some competition from the tech sargeant who went operational with Stonebridge. She's quite fetching in a bikini. Hopefully, we'll get some Skinemax strip downs from the leading ladies, as well as, the weekly Scott conquests that he runs across during every mission. Maybe Stonebridge will get some too. He deserves it. The only time the guy ever seems happy is when he's on a mission.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #95 of 370 Old 08-19-2012, 08:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopper810 View Post

As usual I'm late to the party,I don't even remember seeing anything about this show last year. I'm in the process now of recording season 1 from "D" VOD. I was a big "The Unit" fan and enjoyed 24 as well. Already have season 2 set to DVR. I'm gonna start with ep1 season 1 and go from there.
Sounds like a good show to watch:)
Fasten your seatbelt, put in your earplugs, and prepare to be very well entertained. Strike Back has been so much fun, it has served to remind me that we shouldn't reject TV shows simply because they are loud and dumb.smile.gif
post #96 of 370 Old 08-19-2012, 04:17 PM

OK I'm hooked:) just finished watching season 1 episodes 1 and 2.good stuff and the 2 main actors look like they had some training. Looking forward to watching the rest and getting caught up.

JERRY
post #97 of 370 Old 08-19-2012, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 75

I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. They did get a lot of mileage out of that shot up concrete building. Between day and night I felt I had seen hundreds of different angles of the same thing.

post #98 of 370 Old 08-19-2012, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopper810 View Post

OK I'm hooked:) just finished watching season 1 episodes 1 and 2.good stuff and the 2 main actors look like they had some training. Looking forward to watching the rest and getting caught up.
Episodes 7-10 really ramp it up to an epic finale...leaving you wanting more. Get busy, get caught up, Season 2 looks to be firing on all cylinders. I call it Season 2 because I watched about an hour of the the first 6 episode series on BBC. It introduced the actor/character that got killed in the beginnning of the Cinemax series, but the pace and flavor wasn't anything like what we see now. Strike Back on Cinemax isn't dumb, it's like a Tom Clancy novel cutup into 2 hour episodes without the hours of reading too much backstory...just hits the hilights along with just enough blood flow into the nether regions to keep us shallow types amused.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #99 of 370 Old 08-21-2012, 03:42 AM

I am through to episode 8 so far and really like the show,will watch 9 and 10 today some time and be caught up before the next new one shows.

I don't trust the lady running the group,she may be legit but sure looks fishy.

JERRY
post #100 of 370 Old 08-22-2012, 10:56 AM

Well I'm all caught up and ready for the next new show:) Heck of a season 1 series ender,I knew the Col. knew more than what she had let on.

JERRY
post #101 of 370 Old 08-24-2012, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Tremendous episode tonight.

That lady was pretty, any body know her name? (Without searching or describing her tongue.gif )
post #102 of 370 Old 08-24-2012, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
And if you've got MaxGO via your cable provider you can go watch next week's episode already.

Flicks? Here's my collection. And I've seen a lot, too.
post #103 of 370 Old 08-27-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

I foresee Scott getting a little Taureg strange next week. An interesting looking actress...very striking. As far as the bad girl sniper goes...just a little too hippy and thick legged for me.

post #104 of 370 Old 08-27-2012, 02:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

I foresee Scott getting a little Taureg strange next week. An interesting looking actress...very striking. As far as the bad girl sniper goes...just a little too hippy and thick legged for me.
I agree that the Taureg gal is very interesting looking, just the sort that Scott would go out of his way to seduce.smile.gif As usual, I loved this week's episode, which, also as usual, had more twists and turns than a rattlesnake.
post #105 of 370 Old 08-27-2012, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree that the Taureg gal is very interesting looking, just the sort that Scott would go out of his way to seduce.smile.gif As usual, I loved this week's episode, which, also as usual, had more twists and turns than a rattlesnake.
She's going to seduce him tongue.gif. Yeah, the plot twists and factions are being revealed slowly (as in last season)...as it should be...the writers are quite competent in keeping you engaged for 50 minutes, building the scenario and adding the dramatic and humorous personal relationships into the mix. I hope Stonebridge doesn't go much further down the rabbit hole after the next (last half of this segment). I don't like him being the weaker operator in their partnership. Wouldn't mind seeing him get some of Scott's mojo and maybe Scott suffering a little emotional baggage just to even it up. However, considering Stonebridge's pain and thirst for revenge it might take all season for us to get to that point.

post #106 of 370 Old 08-31-2012, 07:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

wow!

Fantastic episode biggrin.gif
post #107 of 370 Old 09-02-2012, 02:19 PM

Show just keeps getting better and better IMO.I just finished watching season 1 again to see what I missed. saw and heard some things I missed the first time around. I hope it sticks around for a while:)

JERRY
post #108 of 370 Old 09-08-2012, 09:48 AM

Another fine eppy last night smile.gif

JERRY
post #109 of 370 Old 09-08-2012, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Just to clarify...the leggy brunette assassin and her pal (ex pal now that Scott killed him) are a Mossad hit team tasked to take out the SA nuclear physicists that are resurfacing. She hasn't admitted it, but Rachel and the team were talking about Mossad overseeing the dismantling of the SA nuclear program and keeping tabs on the scientists. Her actions at the airport trying to intercept the Raiders of the Lost Arc dude and later taking out the other scientist seem to reinforce this...as well as, sleeping with Scott in order to tag him back to the safe house. Potentially, she might ally with Scott in going after Tywinn Lannister's crew. Stonebridge abandoning ROTLA dude...even under the circumstances, was amateurish and weak. Once he spotted his nemesis, he should have reported (or not), then setup an off the books operation with Scott. Hanson, being in the vicinity, had to be involved in "the triggers" op. Not sure how he's gonna splain that one to Rhona. Course, Scott's got to fess up to why and how he got tagged by the Mossad.

post #110 of 370 Old 09-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Just to clarify...the leggy brunette assassin and her pal (ex pal now that Scott killed him) are a Mossad hit team tasked to take out the SA nuclear physicists that are resurfacing. She hasn't admitted it, but Rachel and the team were talking about Mossad overseeing the dismantling of the SA nuclear program and keeping tabs on the scientists. Her actions at the airport trying to intercept the Raiders of the Lost Arc dude and later taking out the other scientist seem to reinforce this...as well as, sleeping with Scott in order to tag him back to the safe house. Potentially, she might ally with Scott in going after Tywinn Lannister's crew. Stonebridge abandoning ROTLA dude...even under the circumstances, was amateurish and weak. Once he spotted his nemesis, he should have reported (or not), then setup an off the books operation with Scott. Hanson, being in the vicinity, had to be involved in "the triggers" op. Not sure how he's gonna splain that one to Rhona. Course, Scott's got to fess up to why and how he got tagged by the Mossad.

+1 - you hit the nail on the proverbial head!

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #111 of 370 Old 09-08-2012, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 34
Quote:

Episodes 7-10 really ramp it up to an epic finale...leaving you wanting more. Get busy, get caught up, Season 2 looks to be firing on all cylinders. I call it Season 2 because I watched about an hour of the the first 6 episode series on BBC. It introduced the actor/character that got killed in the beginnning of the Cinemax series, but the pace and flavor wasn't anything like what we see now. Strike Back on Cinemax isn't dumb, it's like a Tom Clancy novel cutup into 2 hour episodes without the hours of reading too much backstory...just hits the hilights along with just enough blood flow into the nether regions to keep us shallow types amused.

It is a great show - well-made, solid escapist fun. But really....how many women can a seemingly disgraced American Special Forces member, now working for British Intelligence, nail in a season?wink.gif

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #112 of 370 Old 09-08-2012, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

But really....how many women can a seemingly disgraced American Special Forces member, now working for British Intelligence, nail in a season?wink.gif

About one per episode...
jwebb1970 likes this.

Flicks? Here's my collection. And I've seen a lot, too.
post #113 of 370 Old 09-09-2012, 10:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I continue to love Strike Back. What a guilty pleasure! As I've said before, it is like 24 on steroids. Who is the actress who plays the assassin who looks like a fashion model of a certain age? That Scott ended up in bed with her made me laugh. By the way, when Scott is running, shooting, and being shot at, he says "F**k!" at least as frequently as 24's Jack Bauer said "Son of a bitch!" and "We don't have a lot of time!"smile.gif
post #114 of 370 Old 09-09-2012, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Wow, that was pretty good. Strike Back is awesome.

Thanks for the posting, Ron.
post #115 of 370 Old 09-14-2012, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Holy cow! eek.gif

Tremendous episode tonight. Discuss?
post #116 of 370 Old 09-15-2012, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Major flaw though. Could have easily shot the helicopter and disabled it while it was still on the ground. Instead they just shot at the people.

This show doesn't mind killing off characters after an episode or more, does it? RIP Rebecca.

quote name="Young C" url="/t/1335152/strike-back-on-cinemax/90#post_22403609"]Holy cow! eek.gif
Tremendous episode tonight. Discuss?[/quote]
post #117 of 370 Old 09-15-2012, 04:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGA$$TV View Post

Major flaw though. Could have easily shot the helicopter and disabled it while it was still on the ground. Instead they just shot at the people.
This show doesn't mind killing off characters after an episode or more, does it? RIP Rebecca.
quote name="Young C" url="/t/1335152/strike-back-on-cinemax/90#post_22403609"]Holy cow! eek.gif
Tremendous episode tonight. Discuss?

If you are going to top post, which is generally regarded as Bad Form anywhere on the Net I have posted, please at least get the brackets right so that the rest of us might have some idea of what you are responding to. HINT: If you decide to correct your original post by adding the now missing bracket, please place the quoted material at the top. If you do, I will certainly appreciate it and I am sure that others will too.

Back on topic for a moment, I don't take seriously any minor plot point in Strike Back that is preposterous. After all, there are so many of them, why get stirred up over just one more. This is why I have compared the show to the late, great, 24. If it's well enough done, who cares if analysis exposes it as being silly.smile.gif
post #118 of 370 Old 09-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

If you are going to top post, which is generally regarded as Bad Form anywhere on the Net I have posted, please at least get the brackets right so that the rest of us might have some idea of what you are responding to. HINT: If you decide to correct your original post by adding the now missing bracket, please place the quoted material at the top. If you do, I will certainly appreciate it and I am sure that others will too.
Back on topic for a moment, I don't take seriously any minor plot point in Strike Back that is preposterous. After all, there are so many of them, why get stirred up over just one more. This is why I have compared the show to the late, great, 24. If it's well enough done, who cares if analysis exposes it as being silly.smile.gif

+1

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #119 of 370 Old 09-16-2012, 05:16 AM

Geee I thought Stonebridge was a better pistol shot;),but it is a little soon to wrap up the hanson story arc

JERRY
post #120 of 370 Old 09-16-2012, 09:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Sorry, I have always "top posted". I'll refrain from doing that here. And, sorry I messed up the quote.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page