'Two and a Half Men' (with Ashton Kutcher) on CBS HD - Page 8 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #211 of 237 Old 10-02-2013, 11:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 239

From HOTP... A Harper offspring once again will be a permanent fixture on Two And A Half Men. Amber Tamblyn, who had been signed for a five-episode recurring stint playing Charlie Harper’s (Charlie Sheen) long-lost illegitimate 25-year-old daughter, has been made a regular on the veteran CBS comedy series.

Polydorus likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 237 Old 10-02-2013, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I don't think she's that hot to steal girls from Walden IMO
Polydorus likes this.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #213 of 237 Old 01-31-2014, 05:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Last night was hands down the best episode in a long time. That's what happens when you fill a show with scene stealing guest stars.
post #214 of 237 Old 01-31-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 53
It depends on what you mean by a long time. wink.gif I think it was definitely one of the top episodes of the season.

Even though they brought in the other guest stars, Carl was still the class of the field.

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!

My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
post #215 of 237 Old 11-15-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Wow, this show really jumped the shark with the stupid marriage and baby adoption. Very few laughs this season.

The highlight of the season was Mike Bolton hooking up with Alan's and Walden's moms and then singing "When a man loves two women!".

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!

My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
post #216 of 237 Old 11-15-2014, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I did like the "Charlie Sheen doesn't live here anymore" line in the most recent episode. Otherwise, yeah this show is just aweful now. It wasn't bad last season.

Walden has so much money, he wouldn't have any problems adopting a kid on his own or finding a woman to marry him.

I still like to watch the old ones sometimes. My favorite is the "Charlie Waffles" episode.

Jeffer65
post #217 of 237 Old 02-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I really enjoyed the last hour, especially the last 30 minutes. Arnold was great. The 3d animation in the early minutes was an amusing way to get Charlie Harper without needing Charlie Sheen. The breaking of the fourth wall throughout the episode was mostly well done. Loved the checks going to everyone.
post #218 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 01:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I hope that helped Chuck Lorre get it out of his system.

Can’t recall another series finale turned into a start to finish inside joke.

TV simply has no respect for the dead. First, SNL’s tasteless resurrection of Jon Lovitz, and now this.

RIP, Jon Lovitz.

RIP, Charlie Harper.

RIP, 2 ½ Men.
post #219 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 04:52 AM
AVS Special Member

My wife missed about half of the jokes. Overall it was pretty good but not what I expected.
post #220 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 05:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 257
I had quit watching the show earlier in this season as I felt that even with my fairly low standards, this show didn't even meet those. Crude just for the sake of being crude doesn't mean that it'll be funny.

But I figured the series finale was going to be pretty good which it was.

One of the funnier things that I almost missed was the ending trailer where they explained that they offered Martin Sheen an opportunity to be on the show but apparently he chose not to be. He didn't think the part of dropping a piano on him after what sounds like a psychotic break would be funny. The show thought it would be funny. Me too.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, VideoForge HDMI II, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #221 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
I had quit watching the show earlier in this season as I felt that even with my fairly low standards, this show didn't even meet those. Crude just for the sake of being crude doesn't mean that it'll be funny.

But I figured the series finale was going to be pretty good which it was.

One of the funnier things that I almost missed was the ending trailer where they explained that they offered Martin Sheen an opportunity to be on the show but apparently he chose not to be. He didn't think the part of dropping a piano on him after what sounds like a psychotic break would be funny. The show thought it would be funny. Me too.
Not sure what you mean by ending trailer and why would Charlies father, Martin Sheen be asked?
post #222 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm145 View Post
Not sure what you mean by ending trailer
It's the white card that pops up for a second or two at the end. You need to pause the image on your DVR to read it which for you is next to impossible since you are using Cablevision's MRDVR. I was never able to do it when I had it, could do it with the SA8300 DVR and can now do it with my TiVo.
post #223 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post
It's the white card that pops up for a second or two at the end. You need to pause the image on your DVR to read it which for you is next to impossible since you are using Cablevision's MRDVR. I was never able to do it when I had it, could do it with the SA8300 DVR and can now do it with my TiVo.
So was it addressing Martin or Charlie?
post #224 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Charlie, the OP had a brain fart. Here is what the card said.

"I know a lot of you might be disappointed that you didn't get to see Charlie Sheen in tonight's finale. For the record he was offered a role. Our idea was to have him walk up to the front door in the last scene, ring the doorbell, then turn, look directly into the camera and go off on a maniacal rant about the dangers of drug abuse. He would then explain that these dangers only apply to average people. That he was far from average. He was a ninja warrior from Mars. He was invincible. And then we would drop a piano on him. We thought it was funny. He didn't. Instead, he wanted us to write a heart-warming scene that would set up his return to primetime TV in a new sitcom called The Harpers starring him and Jon Cryer. We thought that was funny too."
post #225 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Thanks
BTW the series sucked after Charlie left, Ashton was horrible and the Alan character became cartoonish.
post #226 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Berta was the best character in the show.
post #227 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 09:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
My bad....I meant to type Charlie.

I think Martin was in one of the scenes.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, VideoForge HDMI II, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #228 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Lucky Jake! He got 'Religion' and a quarter-million-dollar check from Charlie! What some kids will do for money.
post #229 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 09:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemyM View Post
"I know a lot of you might be disappointed that you didn't get to see Charlie Sheen in tonight's finale."
I see both sides of the coin. Charlie dug his own grave (on the show) and was paid more than handsomely. At same time everyone around the show benefited as well mainly because of Charlie. As such for eight years of "service" I can see giving him a couple of minutes... that is without making fun of him.

Regarding Ashton I had zero issue with him and I think he was the least of their issues going forward.
post #230 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 349
For those who missed the slide:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chuck.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	557329  
post #231 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 10:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olyteddy View Post
Lucky Jake! He got 'Religion' and a quarter-million-dollar check from Charlie! What some kids will do for money.
.....and stopped off at Vegas and grew it to $2.5 million.

post #232 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 158
That was one of the weirdest series finales ever. The first half was really good and it looked like it was heading towards a a great ending but half way through everything went bonkers. I mean at a certain point I thought Ashton Kutcher would turn towards the camera and tell us we'd been punked all along. The self jokes and turning towards the camera was one horrible scene after another. The whole piano thing in the end felt like they didn't know how to close out the whole thing since they couldn't get Sheen for the cameo.

Damn shame they couldn't find a better way to end the show
post #233 of 237 Old 02-20-2015, 06:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 159
I wasn't a regular watcher of the show... but it had some good moments. I tuned in for the finale, kind of guessing at part of what the story might be.

Charlie Sheen did dig his own fictional grave with his drug and alcohol abuse... I had no issues back at the time with them wanting him off the show. I also understood how he would be pissed at that, again given his state of mind and having a real problem.

I don't like that they didn't make a reasonable offer for him to be on this finale. Not having him at all would be fine, given the rift that had formed... but I lost some respect for Lorre given that he wrote a finale that took potshots at Charlie Sheen more than it did the "Charlie" character... and then pretended to be surprised that Sheen didn't want to participate in that.

To me, the right thing to do would be... kiss & make up for a finale to do a favor for the fans and extend an olive branch to Sheen OR not mention his character any more than was plausible... as it was, the whole finale was basically about Charlie... only it was more about real-life Charlie... which seems unfair given they apparently didn't have to get his permission to use him in that way.

Friday... the 13th!
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #234 of 237 Old 02-22-2015, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
I wasn't a regular watcher of the show... but it had some good moments. I tuned in for the finale, kind of guessing at part of what the story might be.
I rarely watched it myself, but I have a close friend who was a big fan while Sheen was on the show, then gave up on the Kutcher version. Both of us were curious to see the finale, though.

Quote:
Charlie Sheen did dig his own fictional grave with his drug and alcohol abuse... I had no issues back at the time with them wanting him off the show.

[…]

but I lost some respect for Lorre given that he wrote a finale that took potshots at Charlie Sheen more than it did the "Charlie" character... and then pretended to be surprised that Sheen didn't want to participate in that.
Agreed.

Thing is, if Lorre had done this finale 4 years ago, I think most people would have said Sheen deserved every bit of it. Certainly, I would have said that, anyway.

But 4 years later?

I mean, does anybody think this show could have gone 4 more years if Sheen hadn’t self-destructed and gotten the boot?

In hindsight, I think Sheen did the show a favor by leaving. The Kutcher show certainly wasn’t my cup of tea, but a lot of people stuck with it.

So to come back now and beat up on Sheen seems... petty... pointless... bitter...

And it was such a contrast with the Big Bang episode an hour earlier, which was a total class act. It really is too bad Lorre didn’t have Penny or Sheldon around telling him to hold an imaginary pen of no importance...
post #235 of 237 Old 02-23-2015, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblo View Post
Agreed.

Thing is, if Lorre had done this finale 4 years ago, I think most people would have said Sheen deserved every bit of it. Certainly, I would have said that, anyway.

But 4 years later?
Yep... that's firmly where I landed. Four years ago with "it" hit the fan, ending the show and raking Charlie over the coals would have seemed a lot more reasonable... but they ran the show another 4 years, and using the final two episodes of the show to rake Charlie Sheen (and not Charlie the character on the show) over the coals is really Sheen "winning" in a way after all, isn't it?

Friday... the 13th!
Where I am when I'm not here!
post #236 of 237 Old 02-24-2015, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Bye Bye Charlie
bye Alan, bye Walden

HELLO and WELCOME back Felix & Oscar------the originals.
post #237 of 237 Unread Today, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Cleaning up the DVR, getting rid of the series finale, ran across this vanity card I saved from the beginning of Kutcher’s run, September 26, 2011:

Quote:
CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #351

Sometime last year I realized I had become the unwilling contestant in a reality show. I didn’t understand the rules, wasn’t sure if there even were any, and pretty much hated every second of it. For many months I kept hoping and praying that it would end. But it did not. Somewhere along the way, something inside me died. Anyway, now, suddenly, I’m being told that the reality show’s been cancelled. Apparently, it was just one of those things that somehow got out of control. Sorry. Whoops. Live and learn. Moving on. Game over. And that’s fine. I am so good with that. Yes, please, let’s all move on. There’s just one problem. That thing inside me that died? It walks at night. It’s angry. It’s hungry. And worst of all… it’s writing a tell-all book.
Seems like Lorre had his revenge finale in mind for a long time . . . . . . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page