AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeykid View Post

so who is louis going to vote for???

Didn't the preview make it look like Jessica lost?

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 245 Old 08-18-2012, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I think many previews are meant to be deceiving.
post #93 of 245 Old 08-18-2012, 11:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Donna's BACK big time!!!!!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
I had to laugh when Donna did a runway strut from the elevator to her desk after Harvey had rehired her. It reminded me of what Christina Hendricks, as Joan Harris, does on Mad Men. It takes a lady with certain endowments to pull off that sort of thing but Sarah Rafferty's pneumatic Donna certainly qualifies.smile.gif
post #94 of 245 Old 08-18-2012, 11:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

They can be deceiving as well as spoilerish, as a rule I don't watch previews anymore.
post #95 of 245 Old 08-18-2012, 01:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan View Post

They can be deceiving as well as spoilerish, as a rule I don't watch previews anymore.
I usually like to watch previews, but then I am exponentially less sensitive to spoilers than a lot of posters. In any event, I agree that it's impossible to definitively know what is going to happen in the next episode just from watching a teaser for it.

I can't imagine that Louis would vote for Daniel to head the firm again. Louis said it himself: what Daniel did could well have caused Louis to go to jail. As for Daniel's protestations that he is "a changed man," HA!. Fool me once and all that.
post #96 of 245 Old 08-18-2012, 01:29 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I usually like to watch previews, but then I am exponentially less sensitive to spoilers than a lot of posters. In any event, I agree that it's impossible to definitively know what is going to happen in the next episode just from watching a teaser for it.
I can't imagine that Louis would vote for Daniel to head the firm again. Louis said it himself: what Daniel did could well have caused Louis to go to jail. As for Daniel's protestations that he is "a changed man," HA!. Fool me once and all that.
Yes, I'm leaning heavily toward Louis going with Jessica because of that reason as well. Although I'll bet he gets his pound of flesh from her for doing it though, he's smart enough to play both Daniel and Jessica to his benefit.
post #97 of 245 Old 08-23-2012, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I need a joint. I mean cigarette.biggrin.gif

I thought the finale started a little slow, but finished great. I kind of would have liked to see Daniel be in control for more than this episode though. I wonder if the writers knew if they were being renewed or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

I think this is just flat out the best show on TV...not just the summer fare. The writing, the acting, it's just a superb mix of talent. Characters you love, characters you love to hate, just a great assemblage.
I was saying to my wife last night that even the camera work is great. I'm so sick of the camera work gimmicks you see today in so many TV shows and movies, this is refreshing. The ubiquitous 'shaking camera' shots that many shows seem compelled to use in every shot, drives me nuts...even some comedy shows! Is there a formula as to how many cycles of left, right, up & down movements there should be per minute? Give me a break.
I just worry that enough viewers are aware of the show and it won't last much longer. My son was unaware of it, but once I told him to try one episode, he was hooked. wink.gif

Agree. I am astonished at how much better the show has gotten from last year and I thought last year was pretty good.

Quote:

I feel exactly the same as you. I love this show and have been trying to get my "e-mail buddies" to watch it also, but I haven't had much success. Hopefully, there will be enough fans like us to keep it going. Next week's season finale looks to be outstanding!

It looks like it will be back in Jan.smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

So sad about Mike's Gma. From the minute she showed up at the office I knew she was a goner ....mad.gif

I thought the same thing.

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

post #98 of 245 Old 08-23-2012, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Well, THAT is the way to wrap a summer season.

I agree I would have liked the Hartman thing to play out a little longer and to have Louis stick a few more knives in, but all in all well done.
post #99 of 245 Old 08-24-2012, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I agree I would have liked the Hartman thing to play out a little longer and to have Louis stick a few more knives in, but all in all well done.
I thought it got a little boring during the middle of the show, but then the action and my interest really picked up. Can't wait till January to see what happens from this point forward.
post #100 of 245 Old 08-24-2012, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Well I guess I'm in the minority here... The kid playing "Mike" is just imo, horrible.. The scene as he was eulogizing his Grandma actually made me laugh it was so bad, Reminded me of Maverick trying to show emotion when "Goose is dead",,, Gina Torres just doesn't work for me either. Rick Hoffman, Harvey, the red head asst, and "Mike's" office girl friend are all good. The writing, for a change, was sharp for this season finale... I want to like this show....
post #101 of 245 Old 08-24-2012, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

Well I guess I'm in the minority here... The kid playing "Mike" is just imo, horrible.. The scene as he was eulogizing his Grandma actually made me laugh it was so bad, Reminded me of Maverick trying to show emotion when "Goose is dead",,, Gina Torres just doesn't work for me either. Rick Hoffman, Harvey, the red head asst, and "Mike's" office girl friend are all good. The writing, for a change, was sharp for this season finale... I want to like this show....
Have you been watching the show from the beginning, including all of last season? How can you say Patrick J. Adams is horrible? I think the overall cast is one of the best ones on TV right now.
post #102 of 245 Old 08-24-2012, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member

Yes Jim, I have watched the show from the beginning, and like I also said I enjoy most of the other characters. Adams is empty, he can't emote, and I sited an example. He was also in the Horse racing show Luck on HBO that got cancelled. THAT show had characters, and he wasn't one of them.. Hey no worries, it's just my opinion. I do want to like the show. Most of the USA shows are "too Blue Sky" for me anyway. I much prefer Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Homeland, Nucky, Eastbound and Down, Walking Dead, Mad Men, Burn Notice [The Best show on USA], imo, Curb, Damages.... I'm sure I forgot a few....
post #103 of 245 Old 08-24-2012, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Speaking of Burn Notice, contrary to the promo ads, I saw the ending coming. Good show, but like "Red John" on The Mentalist, the premise gets old after a while. Yes, I know the premise on Suits (whiz kid who is a law expert with no degree) will get old soon also. Maybe he can fast track himself through night school, get his degree, pass the bar, and all will be right with the world.
post #104 of 245 Old 08-24-2012, 01:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Yes, I'm leaning heavily toward Louis going with Jessica because of that reason as well. Although I'll bet he gets his pound of flesh from her for doing it though, he's smart enough to play both Daniel and Jessica to his benefit.
Isn't it interesting that Louis went both ways by first voting for Daniel to head the firm but then voted with Jessica and Harvey when it came to deposing Daniel -- again? Just goes to show that we can never know where Louis will come down.

I really liked this season. I thought the cast and the writing were uniformly good and was especially happy to see the reprehensible Daniel get his just deserts in the finale. I don't know what to make of the appearance of Mike's old girlfriend, Tess, who is married. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how that plays out.
post #105 of 245 Old 08-24-2012, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So were getting 10 new shows in January. Hope we get 10 new shows next summer as well.
post #106 of 245 Old 08-24-2012, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:

Yes Jim, I have watched the show from the beginning, and like I also said I enjoy most of the other characters. Adams is empty, he can't emote, and I sited an example. He was also in the Horse racing show Luck on HBO that got cancelled. THAT show had characters, and he wasn't one of them.. Hey no worries, it's just my opinion. I do want to like the show. Most of the USA shows are "too Blue Sky" for me anyway. I much prefer Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Homeland, Nucky, Eastbound and Down, Walking Dead, Mad Men, Burn Notice [The Best show on USA], imo, Curb, Damages.... I'm sure I forgot a few....

I like maybe two of those but dislike the rest, different strokes...
post #107 of 245 Old 08-25-2012, 04:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 569
Quote:

Have you been watching the show from the beginning, including all of last season? How can you say Patrick J. Adams is horrible? I think the overall cast is one of the best ones on TV right now.

Absolutely! I can't remember the last time I've seen a better cast of characters on a series. And the writing? Flat out the best on TV IMO. Very smart, very witty.
post #108 of 245 Old 08-26-2012, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:

Sorry, I don't think Burn Notice is in the top three.
Quote:

Speaking of Burn Notice, contrary to the promo ads, I saw the ending coming. Good show, but like "Red John" on The Mentalist, the premise gets old after a while. Yes, I know the premise on Suits (whiz kid who is a law expert with no degree) will get old soon also. Maybe he can fast track himself through night school, get his degree, pass the bar, and all will be right with the world.

Agreed on Burn Notice. I turned it off after the first episode. Let me guess, there is another person behind Jere Burns, so it can go on for another two years.rolleyes.gif

Agreed on Suits. It could go downhill fast, but I thought this season wouldn't be that great. I was wrong. It could start to slide next year, but I think the writers have enough to play with for another year or so.
Quote:

Isn't it interesting that Louis went both ways by first voting for Daniel to head the firm but then voted with Jessica and Harvey when it came to deposing Daniel -- again? Just goes to show that we can never know where Louis will come down.
I really liked this season. I thought the cast and the writing were uniformly good and was especially happy to see the reprehensible Daniel get his just deserts in the finale. I don't know what to make of the appearance of Mike's old girlfriend, Tess, who is married. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how that plays out.

I think Louis really believed in Daniel, but couldn't dispute the facts that were presented. Combine that with Daniel trying to frame him five years ago and he kind of had no choice. I thought the struggle he showed with the decision was great.

Speaking of Daniel and Louis, I loved when Louis confronted Daniel about framing him. Daniel's response reminded me of Palpatine.smile.gif

My new favorite game is Save The Titanic

post #109 of 245 Old 08-26-2012, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
SUBTITLE: Newbie Joining the 'Suits' Thread... smile.gif

Background / Introduction: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I came upon this thread quite by accident as I was updating my local-server-stored HTML "Daily LINKs" Browser Home Page (this EASY way, my Favorites are available on every PC on my LAN, using ANY browser. wink.gif ).

I started recording TV with:
  • VCRs
  • Then, in the late 90s, a Philips Series 1 TiVo IMMEDIATELY upgraded to Lifetime and 200 hours before it ever even connected to the 'Mothership'.
  • In ~2005, due to the GREAT Radio Shack $150 Sale, I switched to Lifetime ReplayTV 5XXXs
  • ~2009, due to the NTSC-to-ATSC switch, I now have several Magnavox HDD DVDRs (2160A, 513, 515), a Panasonic DMR-EZ17 DVR, and several still unopened CECBs (for the ReplayTVs). "OTA-or-BUST" this year!
  • Most recently, with the death of my last CRT, I'm now up-to-date with a pair of Panasonic LCD HDTVs (TC-L32C3 and TC-L37U3 - THANKS BoilerJim! biggrin.gif ), a pair of SiliconDust HDHR3-US Dual Tuners (for OTA and ClearQAM) and one Hauppauge PVR-1212 (for 'Scrambled' QAM) - THANKS Kelson! biggrin.gif
I'm still learning how I want / need to setup my two new HTPCs (Vista Desktop w/WMC for the two HDHR3-USes and Win7 w/WinTV for the PVR-1212) to duplicate my 'ReplayTV Experience' and thus I 'think' that I lost the end of the Season Finale of Suits (or so I believe). That's why this thread caught my eye. I never pictured myself as someone participating in a 'TV Show Discussion' thread, but after several months of DAILY HDTV and HTPC research, it feels like a good break! cool.gif

[NOTE: I compose / proofread / edit / add / proofread / etc... over-and-over. Over the past few years, I find that my FINGERS regularly type either a different TENSE of the word, or a correctly spelled similar word, than my MIND instructed them to type rolleyes.gif . So, although this last sentence is at the TOP of the thread, it was actually added just before SUBMIT.]

I made this a Spoiler so that everyone doesn't have to be bored by my intro. I already 'know' some of you from other forums but unless you go and read a few hundred of my past posts, you won't know me for a while. I'll also warn everyone (IMHO, my BIGGEST Quirk!) that as an unemployed Senior Citizen / "Old Fart" Programmer / Analyst, I've acquired a great attachment to Forum Formatting (aka a 'Fix' for my programming habit; I also enjoy writing BATCH files and Hacking Projects). So, please, either read them or block me wink.gif . Those that know me from the beginning realize that I was *MUCH* worse (i.e. Changing Colors, Fonts and Sizes eek.gif ) than I am today redface.gif .

I started reading at Post #108, got so interested that I went back to Post #61 where I decided that I wanted to reply to some posts, regardless of their age. smile.gif
  • Quote:

Suits: Gabriel Macht, is very good, so is Donna his Asst. The kid is well, awful, at least he is putting his purse on his shoulder now...The happy elevator dancing, and I never liked the Managing partner, she is stiff as a board... The guy coming back is a great actor and might make it all worthwhile
    I like most of the cast, except for:
    1. Louis: He is just plain annoying in EVERY TV Show I remember seeing him in.
    2. Daniel: He made a BIG impression on me in 'Damages' such that everywhere I see him, I think of him as the bad guy in 'Damages'.
    BTW, I'm sure everyone has noticed that actors are being RECYCLED *MUCH* more nowadays than ever before! eek.gif Yeah, a good actor would be on Show A one year, and Show B a year or two later. But, now the SAME LEAD actors in CURRENT shows are making GUEST appearances on other CURRENT shows. confused.gif I first noticed it a few years ago with Tricia Helfer.
    OT: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
    Why does every recent (mostly comedies, but there are exceptions) TV Show need a 'Resident "Fill-in-the-Blank"' (ala 'Looney -Toon', 'Space Cadet', obviously illogical without common sense) character?

i.e.:
    1. The sister on 'In Plain Sight' (sadly, I had to GOOGLE for over 15 minutes to get the show title - my old memory is shot! So, don't expect character names. The best I can do is their role in the show redface.gif ).
    2. The brother on 'Royal Pains'.
    3. The office assistant on 'Cougar Town'.
    4. The daughter on 'The Middle'.
    5. The sister on 'Mike & Molly'.
    6. The Shoe Shine Guy on 'Parks & Recreation'
    7. Some current comedies are just so DUMB, to me, that I don't even bother watching them tongue.gif . i.e. *ALL* the characters are 'Looney-Toons'! And let's not even mention those FAKE Reality Shows hogging Prime Time {disgust}. I could go on but this *IS* a 'Suits' specific thread, so, I'll try to stay more ON Topic in my upcoming posts...
  • Quote:

funny, I had the opposite thought, I hate the guy coming back. I always like Gina Torres, she has that cool elegance thing going for her. I'm not really into office power fights, but I'll see how this one plays out...
    I'm with you - the actor playing Daniel will be BAD on whatever show I see him. With all the RECYCLING going on nowadays, I find it difficult NOT to associate an actor with the role s/he is/was playing on another show. frown.gif

Mike came from a life of NO responsibility into TONs of responsibility, along with his BIG secret. Little by little, he's maturing. But don't expect it to happen overnight. And, there will be momentary relapses involving bad judgement.

[More character discussion to follow as I progress through the posts...]
  • Quote:

I still hope Louis meets a very bad end. mad.gif
    Just like the fellow who got Michael "Black-Listed" in 'Burn Notice'. And, of course, Daniel - in WHATEVER show he appears in. wink.gif
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

Quote:

...I'm glad they dumped the old friend, and the other girl friend, seemed like dead weight by seasons end.
    I agree with most of this. I do think that the former best friend and girl friend will be back. At least the former BF, Mike seemed like he wanted to get some revenge which would be cool.smile.gif
    You saw this one coming! biggrin.gif
OK. This post took me a good 2 hours - cleared my head of HDTV and HTPC problems! Now I'll need to pick up speed and get back to my previously planned day. smile.gif

Low Post Count <> Low Knowledge ergo High Post Count <> High Knowledge

ClearToLand's Picks For Best Answers to Common ReplayTV Questions

Remember, it's only TV...
post #110 of 245 Old 08-26-2012, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

SUBTITLE: 'Suits' Newbie Catching Up (via Multi-Quotes)...
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post

I'll repeat myself... I like what they do with Louis. In most shows he would truly be an irredeemable ass... but within this episode he gets to show all sides of himself....
    I still see him as his usual character - a 'Snake / Weasel / Back-Stabber ' etc...'...
  • Quote:

Interesting how the guy playing the other senior partner (Daniel ??) was on Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
    Franklin and Bash player an ass from corporate last week. Not sure this is a spoiler but since it refers to another show, well just playing it safe after the last debacle. wink.gif
    LOTs of RECYCLING going on nowadays... frown.gif
  • Quote:

...Sarah Rafferty(Donna) was simply outstanding!
    The Harvey / Donna relationship works well for me. The Mike / Rachel relationship would also work well, but, IMO, that's like the Castle / Beckett relationship - it has to wait for the SERIES FINALE.
  • Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ken Ross View Post

I think this is just flat out the best show on TV...not just the summer fare. The writing, the acting, it's just a superb mix of talent. Characters you love, characters you love to hate, just a great assemblage...

...I just worry that enough viewers are aware of the show and it won't last much longer...
    I feel exactly the same as you. I love this show and have been trying to get my "e-mail buddies" to watch it also, but I haven't had much success. Hopefully, there will be enough fans like us to keep it going. Next week's season finale looks to be outstanding!
    I am always surprised when a show I enjoy gets canceled. Ken Ross: What causes you to worry that not enough viewers are watching? confused.gif Statistics somewhere, or just 'Gut Feeling'?

I was surprised when 'NYC 22' and 'Unforgotten' were canceled. IMO, 'NYC 22' started out *MUCH* stronger than 'Rookies' - i.e. a few of the 'Rookies' in 'NYC 22' (Leelee Sobieski and Adam Goldberg) are really good / serious / professional in their roles thanks to the good scripts.

During my GOOGLE SEARCH for the title of 'In Plain Sight', I noticed that 'Unforgotten' got a reprieve. I hope 'NYC 22' also gets one...

post #111 of 245 Old 08-26-2012, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

SUBTITLE: Rounding Second...
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by ltownsend View Post

So sad about Mike's Gma. From the minute she showed up at the office I knew she was a goner ....mad.gif
    I didn't see it that way.

Using her wake to explain Mike's history was useful, but I would have preferred to enjoy random visits to "The Gal from 'Wings'" to pick up 'Bit-and-Pieces' of the history instead of one 'Big Gulp'. frown.gif
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spid View Post

...I thought it was really bad idea to kill off Mike's Grandma unless the actress could no longer keep up with the commitment. Even in her brief moment on the show I thought she brought a nice balance to the show.
    Possibly health?

Did I read somewhere that Kathy Bates / 'Harry's Law' had health (throat?) problems, or is that just my old mind playing tricks on me again?

Someone else recently 'disappeared' unexpectedly (besides Michael's brother), but, I just can't remember who right now... redface.gif
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by nikeykid View Post

so who is louis going to vote for???
    Always Daniel in my mind.
  • Quote:

Quote:

+1

Deceiving / misleading / confusing / etc... They *WANT* you thinking "HUH?" so that you tune in next week to see what REALLY happens. confused.gifwink.gif
  • Quote:

I had to laugh when Donna did a runway strut from the elevator to her desk after Harvey had rehired her. It reminded me of what Christina Hendricks, as Joan Harris, does on Mad Men. It takes a lady with certain endowments to pull off that sort of thing but Sarah Rafferty's pneumatic Donna certainly qualifies.smile.gif
    Ever since I was a young boy, with my first no-name 'RIM-Drive" 3" Portable Tape Recorder, recording hits off, IIRC, WMCA (The Good Guys?) and WABC (Cousin Brucie) AM (NYC), I always loved the concept of magnetism. biggrin.gif As the years passed, I moved onto a 'CAPSTAN-Drive' 5" Portable (Concord from Lafayette Radio in Newark!) and then 7" Reel-to-Reel (another Concord). Then Cassette, VCR, TiVo, ReplayTV, HDD DVDR and now finally HTPC. My wife can't watch TV with me anymore because of my EXCESSIVE use of the Replay / Rewind button - sometimes you miss an *IMPORTANT* part of the show and just HAVE to see it again (maybe even in 'Slow-Motion' cool.gifwink.gif ).

post #112 of 245 Old 08-26-2012, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

SUBTITLE: 'Suits' Season Finale... (Rounding Third)
  • Quote:

Quote:

Isn't it interesting that Louis went both ways by first voting for Daniel to head the firm but then voted with Jessica and Harvey when it came to deposing Daniel -- again? Just goes to show that we can never know where Louis will come down...
    That entire FLIP-FLOP at the end happened too fast for me! confused.gif Daniel IN / Daniel OUT with nothing in between. Why so quick?
  • Quote:

...I don't know what to make of the appearance of Mike's old girlfriend, Tess...
    A bit OT again, but the moment I first saw Tess I thought "Donna's sister" - I'll have to watch the show again to see if I still feel that way.

The OT part is other CLOSER examples: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
    1. Psych:
      MV5BMTU5ODQxNjUzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDkxOTAzMg@@._V1._SX359_SY239_.jpg vs MV5BMTI2NjQ4OTU0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzc4OTI2._V1._SX294_SY450_.jpg
    2. Fairly Legal:
      MV5BOTQ3MDk2NDA0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODQ0OTA1Nw@@._V1._SX449_SY600_.jpg vs MV5BMTI5OTA5NDkzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMDE3MzM2._V1._SX300_SY450_.jpg

post #113 of 245 Old 08-26-2012, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

SUBTITLE: Crossing Home Plate...
  • Quote:

...Many of the USA shows are "too Blue Sky" for me anyway. I much prefer Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Homeland, Nucky, Eastbound and Down, Walking Dead, Mad Men, Burn Notice [The Best show on USA], imo, Curb, Damages.... I'm sure I forgot a few....
    Please define "Blue Sky" for me. Do you mean "Ozzie & Harriet"? Most of the shows in your list are "Too Dark" for me...
  • Quote:

I like maybe two of those but dislike the rest, different strokes...
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

Sorry, I don't think Burn Notice is in the top three.
    Just from Ray Lucca's list, I watch (in *MY* Rating Order):
    1. Justified: Forever cool "Old-school U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens" makes that show for me. His relationship with his 'Ex' / Winona works well and is 'Easy on the Eyes'. Plus, you never know what new 'Money-Making' scheme Boyd or Arlo are going to come up with next.
    2. Burn Notice: This show used to be on my "Watch Weekly" list, but the last two seasons it's been more of a 'Store Several and Watch After You've Watched the "Watch Weeklies"'. For me, Sam is still a "B Movie" Actor - someone who sounds like they're READING their lines instead of actually BECOMING the character. I'll (try to) continue to watch it to 'Close the Book' since I've been watching it for years but Anson Fullerton ruins it for me now just like Daniel ruined several episodes of 'Suits'. I realize that those conflicts are what keep the show going, but I'm happier watching 'Covert Affairs', 'Fairly Legal', 'In Plain Sight', etc...
    3. Damages: This is a tough one. The competition between Ellen and Patty keeps me coming back but the 'Dark Daniel / aka Bearded Man and Patty Stuff' really isn't my 'Cup-of-Tea'. I enjoyed Ray Fiske but not Howard T. Erickson. Plus, the network switch from FX to DirecTV, with the *TOTALLY* UNNECESSARY, IMHO, addition of EXCESSIVE CURSING (I have to wear headphones when I watch this to avoid complaints from my wife) kind of makes me glad that this is the FINAL Season. I just don't see loving Grandmas addressing their dear, sweet grandchildren like that. eek.gif (Mike's Grandma didn't talk to him like that!) I have this same problem on FREE "Fill-in-the-Premium-Channel" Weekends - it's GREAT that there aren't any commercials but you, or maybe just I, pay for that with the EXCESSIVE CURSING again frown.gif . This relates to my utter DISGUST of the Middle School CHILDREN I see during my 'Walks in the Park', going to / coming from school in 'Street Clothes' (i.e. Low-Cut Tops and SHORT Shorts for the girls, Too-Loose Jeans with their crack showing for the boys), smoking and excessively cursing. For what? To be cool? Yeah, I'm no angel - I curse when something bad happens. But it's not part of my normal DAILY vocabulary. Am I so old that I'm out of touch? Personally, I don't think so. IMO, the world, or at least the people I randomly come in contact with, is going downhill... frown.gif
    Well, let me review smile.gif . My first post in this thread was SUBMIT'd @ 18:27. Thus, I probably started it ~16:27. It's now ~22:27 (6 hours - WHOOSH!) and I'm *FINALLY* going to SUBMIT this last reply and ask the question that I originally came here to ask rolleyes.gif . I don't believe that I've spent this much time in ONE thread since my 'Zombie / Insomnia' days during my excessively POOR HEALTH (SEVEN YEARS! mad.gif ) period. If I broke any "Thread Rules", please let me know. I hope that I didn't disrupt the thread too much - I don't intend to be a 'Regular Contributor, but I will check back for any replies - it feels good to 'Clear One's Head' by forgetting one's problems and just "Yapping" for a few hours biggrin.gif . Thanks for the outlet. wink.gif Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
    My *EXCESSIVE* (compared to the 'Average Forum User') FORMATTING is intended to convey the missing VERBAL intonations and BODY LANGUAGE present in 'Face-to-Face' conversations. Pure TEXT is easily misunderstood. In fact, I have NO IDEA if this is actually true or not, but on a recent episode of 'Covert Affairs', IIRC, the psychiatrist said to (blind) Auggie that 85% of human communication is via body language.

post #114 of 245 Old 08-26-2012, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

SUBTITLE: 'Suits' Season Finale - Did I Miss Anything Important?
My HTPC (Win7 w/WinTV for 'Scrambled' Cable) cut off with Rachel in the doorway, after she saw Tess walk by in a sheet - i.e. no 'Closing Credits'. mad.gif

I'm NOT asking for *WHAT*, if anything, happened next, but just if I should bother to D/L / Record / View the 'On-Demand' version in order to see the ABSOLUTE end of the show.

i.e. if the screen then went black and 'Closing Credits' rolled, I won't bother. But, if words were spoken, or something else took place, I will.

Thanks! smile.gif

post #115 of 245 Old 08-26-2012, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 46
IIRC, you saw it all. Not sure if they rolled credits or not or my DVR cut it off.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #116 of 245 Old 08-27-2012, 06:24 AM
Advanced Member

Wow, Clear, you have been busy..Ozzie and Harriet, and Leave it to Beaver too?? I'm old I watched them... The "Blue Sky" comment was from Bonnie [Hammer??], I forget her last name the Head of programming for USA, who has done a GREAT job getting ratings for the USA Network, and is now at a top position at Comcast/Universal NBC. All of the the USA shows are pretty La La to me, damsel in distress, cue the violins.. I also like the characters on White Collar, except for Tim DeKay, who chews thru every scene. Anyway Tiffaney Amber Thiessen is in it, I'm in. Royal Pains has dropped as the CFO brother has become ultra annoying, and they wrote out the hot Hospital Administrator...Burn Notice has Mikey, Mikey;s Mom, Phi and Sam, [Sam makes the show, even when he mails it in], great cast, even when the writing is un-even... .It's summer, I usually watch. I stand my ground on "Mike" from Suits, horribly stiff, and can't act
Breaking Bad is finishing up this years run but Nucky on HBO, Homeland, Sons of Anarchy, Walking Dead, and I hope soon Justified are all coming back. Network has Person of Interest, Good Wife, and Andre Braugher as a Nuclear Sub Commander on ABC, and the Monday NBC show where the lights go off, gonna check them out.. Hey, it's just my opinion...
post #117 of 245 Old 01-17-2013, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 167
STARTS AGAIN TONIGHT (1-17 10PM) !!
post #118 of 245 Old 01-17-2013, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Suits is definitely one of my favorite shows. I will be watching (and recording in case my eyes get heavy smile.gif).
post #119 of 245 Old 01-17-2013, 02:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

STARTS AGAIN TONIGHT (1-17 10PM) !!

Yeah, I checked my To Do list earlier today and saw that we get a new Suits episode tonight. I'm really looking forward to it too.
post #120 of 245 Old 01-17-2013, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Yeah, I checked my To Do list earlier today and saw that we get a new Suits episode tonight. I'm really looking forward to it too.

Thanks for the reminder!biggrin.gif

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page