Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #241 of 251 Old 06-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Horrible episode, imo. The New Mike is even worse than the older one. Extra smarmy and whiny, with red lip-stick. I always liked this show with one exception, him, and now he is a producer. He is stiff and can't act, imo of course..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 251 Old 06-20-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
Sometimes this show can not help themselves. They could have made it a simple case of Harvey vs Mike with Rachel being caught in the middle, but they had to through in the relationship angle. My only other problem is the personality flip on Mike's new boss. He seems to be rewritten just so they can make Mike desperate to make this deal. I am not sure you need that drastic a change in a character. Mike vs Harvey is good enough.
If memory serves, Mike's boss has always been somewhat of a d*ck, it's just been a bit more pronounced lately as Mike is wavering from the slash and burn investment banking style and actually trying to save companies.
post #243 of 251 Old 06-23-2014, 09:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 464
For a reason I can't figure out, I somehow missed this season's first episode, so I won't be commenting until I have seen the rerun of Episode 1 and the others as well.

In looking for the thread, I was reminded of the sorry search engine this new-old software has saddled us with. I entered "suits" in the search box on the home page but got no useable results, although this thread is listed on page 1 of the list of HDTV Programming threads. I do miss the search function of the old-new software.
post #244 of 251 Old 06-23-2014, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Last year we got "You just got Litt Up!"

This season I am waiting for...

You go mess up a guy's hair and see how much he freaks out... I call that the Litt-muss test

Yeah baby!  It's Halloween!
post #245 of 251 Old 06-23-2014, 08:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
For a reason I can't figure out, I somehow missed this season's first episode, so I won't be commenting until I have seen the rerun of Episode 1 and the others as well.

In looking for the thread, I was reminded of the sorry search engine this new-old software has saddled us with. I entered "suits" in the search box on the home page but got no useable results, although this thread is listed on page 1 of the list of HDTV Programming threads. I do miss the search function of the old-new software.

it makes espn's "robust" upgrade look good.

please don't ban me, gracilyn cloud

Quit failing to flip the switch
post #246 of 251 Old 07-31-2014, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 361
I am not sure the writers know what to do with Rachel. Normally you would chalk that up to writers not knowing how to write for a strong woman, but that is clearly not the case with a character like Jessica roving around. It just seems like they pushed her into being Mike's girlfriend and nothing more. I guess that is why I like her scenes with Luis as Mike is usually left out of their talks.

Her storyline seems to be a drag on the show.
post #247 of 251 Old 08-02-2014, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
I am not sure the writers know what to do with Rachel. Normally you would chalk that up to writers not knowing how to write for a strong woman, but that is clearly not the case with a character like Jessica roving around. It just seems like they pushed her into being Mike's girlfriend and nothing more. I guess that is why I like her scenes with Luis as Mike is usually left out of their talks.

hopefully, she is moving on to another show ...
post #248 of 251 Old 08-02-2014, 01:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I think the biggest problem with the Rachel character is that she is far less interesting than either of the other principal female characters, Jessica and Donna. To make matters worse, it seems to me that Meghan Markle's acting talent isn't in the the same league with that of either Gina Torres (Jessica) or Sarah Rafferty (Donna).
post #249 of 251 Old 08-03-2014, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

They made a point of not-showing Mike + Louis actually talking about Mike coming back... which makes me wonder. Was this just a choice to cut for time? OR will we later find out via flashback that Louis and Mike had more of a heart-to-heart and Mike knows how Louis sold his soul in that deal... so maybe we are setting up for Mike to help Louis dig out from under that hole in the future. I'm hoping for that, frankly... because Louis gets jerked around a lot, even when he is really trying to do the right thing... so it would be nice if Mike stuck his neck out to help Louis in return for Louis sticking his neck out for him. Louis, in my opinion, just jumped a few notches on the "Mike owes him" ladder. Harvey still is at the top for turning Mike's life around in the beginning... but Louis appears to have jumped in and saved Mike even with some animosity towards him over their recent clash.

I agree on the Rachel front. I've experience in real-life a version of the plot they played out regarding her... so it kind of felt realistic... but it felt like a step down for her character growth. It wasn't an unbelievable situation, but it was disappointing since it felt like moving backward for her on the show.

post #250 of 251 Old 08-03-2014, 02:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
Louis gets jerked around a lot, even when he is really trying to do the right thing.
I agree that Louis is sometimes unfairly treated in the office but he does seem to bring most of it on himself. Louis reminds me of what an old friend used to say about anybody he didn't like: "He wants to be a nice guy but he doesn't know how."
BoilerJim likes this.
post #251 of 251 Old 08-04-2014, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
I agree that Louis is sometimes unfairly treated in the office but he does seem to bring most of it on himself. Louis reminds me of what an old friend used to say about anybody he didn't like: "He wants to be a nice guy but he doesn't know how."
Yeah, that's what I mean... he is trying most of the time... he just isn't good at it. They did kind of bury-the-lead in a valid observation. Louis does a thing like this and freaks the hell out over it... but Harvey takes bigger risks every day... and the whole thing with Mike... the fake lawyer and hacking Harvard records and stuff... the whole law firm is multiply screwed over if any of that comes to light because Harvey and also Jessica knows most of it AND any verdicts they got with Mike attached could be null and void if the other side in those cases finds out and revisits.

So even the stuff Louis should probably be smacked over pales in comparison to the stuff he doesn't know the other people are doing around him!

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page