So there are
people that watch this show. My thoughts on the season:
- I liked how Nina pushed away Tyler, went rogue, tried to end it all, and eventually learned to control her instinctive impulse to push people. I really want her and Tyler to work it out. She was fairly cold emotionally the first 1.5 seasons but I find her very sympathetic now.
- I thought the addition of Kat as a "jack of all trades" alpha was a great addition to the team. She's the ultimate alpha yet flawed.
- Rosen and Tyler's shift toward the dark side the second half of this season was handled pretty well.
- Gary is like a cross of Rainman and Sheldon Cooper from BBT. He's perfect!
- I go back and forth every episode regarding who is hotter, Rachel or Nina. Nina has legs for days and Rachel's an Afghan goddess sans excess body hair. The Finale:
- Pretty sure Skylar said the strobes would amplify alpha abilities and kill all normal
humans. I believe Rachel passed out when she was hit with the coma therapy strobe a few eps back. Considering Rosen's daughter was an alpha, I'm wondering if the strobe could've triggered a gene in Dr Rosen's dna to activate so far undiscovered latent alpha abilities. Lookout Dr Xavier you've got competition.
- Leaving Gary as the only person standing was the mark of some imaginitive writers. It didn't even occur to me until after the fact, that Gary's brain was wired different.
- I fully expected Stanton Parish to be gone by the time Gary reached the team on the platform.
- Danielle seems like too significant of a character to write off for good. I wouldn't be surprised to see her ghost in future episodes should the series be continued.
What's the verdict from AVS members? Was that the series finale or season finale? Personally I thought the writers had done an excellent job with character development. The relationships between alpha team members felt real. They pretty much dropped the monster of the week format completely. Each episode had a nice blend of serious drama, comedy, action, and decent special effects. The wife and I are still laughing about the episode where Rachel and John are making out in the livingroom of her parents apartment and she runs off and leaves him with her dad. Just wrong on so many levels. I certainly hope this show returns for a 3rd season. I wouldn't mind seeing Summer Glau added as the teams technical expert; Think Q from the Bond series.