Homeland on SHO - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 10-07-2012, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Despite mentioning possible memory loss prior to her treatment at the end of last season, and I think Saul mentioned it once in this season's premier, I don't see any evidence yet that Carrie has lost any of her memory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 07:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

Despite mentioning possible memory loss prior to her treatment at the end of last season, and I think Saul mentioned it once in this season's premier, I don't see any evidence yet that Carrie has lost any of her memory.

The most important memory: That Brody was calling out the name of Nazir's child in his sleep.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
^^^ Well, the only thing she doesn't seem to remember is the most importatnt thing, the last revelation she made before her shock treatment...."Brody knew Issa"...and she said to herself, "don't forget".

I think she forgot. smile.gif
Old 10-07-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 58
It will come back to her at just the right moment. You know we can count on it. smile.gif
Old 10-07-2012, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj View Post

It will come back to her at just the right moment. You know we can count on it. smile.gif

Of course -- or the exact wrong moment. smile.gif

Jerry. Just remember. Its not a lie . . . if you believe it. GC
Old 10-07-2012, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 84
wow!

Great stuff biggrin.gif
Old 10-07-2012, 09:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Fantastic episode. The excrement is hitting the fan.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Fantastic episode. The excrement is hitting the fan.

I don't know about excrement but the shiite is sure hitting the fan. Brody's been made.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I don't know about excrement but the shiite is sure hitting the fan. Brody's been made.

True but wasn't there an indication in the tease for next week that Nazir's people think that Saul is the only one who has seen Brody's video along with an inference that they would try to eliminate him before he could deliver the information? Brody is in so deep at this point that he will never extricate himself. He seems to be a true believer and dupe rolled in to one.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quickly Saul email this video to your boss, like right now!!!

What a find,

So they saw that Nazir was warned, don't they monitor comms at that moment? they could see he received a message from a US cell phone (probably disposable), someone should have noticed Brody on his phone... or they just were too ditracted looking at the operation..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Old 10-08-2012, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 138
I think that the room, where the cellphone warning was sent, would be electronically secure, in or out.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post

I think that the room, where the cellphone warning was sent, would be electronically secure, in or out.

We all do wink.gif
Old 10-08-2012, 06:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1205 Post(s)
Liked: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

True but wasn't there an indication in the tease for next week that Nazir's people think that Saul is the only one who has seen Brody's video along with an inference that they would try to eliminate him before he could deliver the information? Brody is in so deep at this point that he will never extricate himself. He seems to be a true believer and dupe rolled in to one.
preview class 101, never believe what they show you in the previews, almsot always a red herring....
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post

We all do wink.gif

Dont you know he had a super special phone that is able to bypass all of the electronic blocks ;-)....its available all every bodega in Washington.....
Old 10-09-2012, 12:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Dont you know he had a super special phone that is able to bypass all of the electronic blocks ;-)....its available all every bodega in Washington.....

I'm pretty sure he had a blackberry. No one has that phone anymore so they weren't looking for or bllocking BBOS. smile.gif

Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post

I'm pretty sure he had a blackberry. No one has that phone anymore so they weren't looking for or bllocking BBOS. smile.gif

Siighhh I guess you missed the sarcasm, thought it would come through when I said every bodega in Washington.......
Old 10-09-2012, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Carrie is truly a flawed protagonist, as in many good dramas. She nearly got the entire team killed when she ran back into the apartment to collect the carrier bag, yet later on it turned out to be quite a coup. And, I was surprised that she convinced Saul and Estes to go ahead w/ the capture/kill Nazir mission, but it turned out OK.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:57 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 23
The thing I liked most was Carrie coming home to an empty house from a trip where she nearly got killed twice. For about thirty seconds they showed her sitting on the couch apparently bored out of her mind. She couldn't tell friends where she had gone even if she had friends. They're showing us lots about her daily life.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Blackberry or not. Someone sitting there would have looked over at him with a WTF look since he's sitting there texting away in a secure location. Shades of last season and the last minute Dad don't do it come home phone call!
Old 10-09-2012, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

The thing I liked most was Carrie coming home to an empty house from a trip where she nearly got killed twice. For about thirty seconds they showed her sitting on the couch apparently bored out of her mind. She couldn't tell friends where she had gone even if she had friends. They're showing us lots about her daily life.

There was so much packed into Carrie's eyes in that brief shot. Less than 24 hours before, she was in a life-or-death situation in a foreign country; now she's back in a silent, empty suburban home. Before she entered the house, the Major said, "nice house," to which Carrie replied "it's not mine." Indeed.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I really like the show and I think Danes' acting is world class but they do take some liberties with things. It does seem like there are things in Brody's past that would be vetted if in fact they were considering him for VP. After Dana told everyone he was a Muslim after he spent 8 years there wouldn't they investigate? Also, how did his contact get Estes safe combination? Finally, as stated earlier, how was Brody able to text in a secure room that is likely below ground. There are times that I can't get a signal outside standing under a tower.

I just hope they don't try to stretch things too much and make it non-believable.

David M.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 75
What will be interesting to see is how Brody comes to terms with Abu Nazir's agenda. I'm sure that the concept of blowing up the now VP but before that the CIA director who ordered the strike on Nazir's compound, along with a significant number of US Intelligence and National Security higher ups had a poetic and justified appeal to Brody. If he's now asked to assist in the striking of targets that would result in mass "civilian" casualties will his loyalty to Nazir start to fray and possibly break? Guess we'll find out.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

I just hope they don't try to stretch things too much and make it non-believable.
Oh, I think that boat sailed a while ago. biggrin.gif
Old 10-09-2012, 06:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

Finally, as stated earlier, how was Brody able to text in a secure room that is likely below ground. There are times that I can't get a signal outside standing under a tower.
Hey, I've been screaming at this unrealistic portrayal of cell phone capabilities ever since Harrison Ford saved the world with a cell phone high in the sky on "Air Force One", or Jack Ryan saved the world with a cell phone under the sea inside a submarine in "Hunt for Red October".

The fact is, your cell phone drops its call when you drive in the underpass under the runway at LAX! I can't get a cell phone connection from the kitchen in my house! I have Sprint and cannot get a connection when visiting my friend in Keene NH.

The fact that people give up land lines in their home for the pure fiction that "a cell phone is perfectly adequate, so why pay for two phone lines?".

This is pure comedy, not reality.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post

The fact that people give up land lines in their home for the pure fiction that "a cell phone is perfectly adequate, so why pay for two phone lines?".

Not always the case. I gave up my land line several years ago. I get 4-5 bars in every room in my home and haven't missed having a "real" phone since.

Guess it's all relative. wink.gif
Old 10-10-2012, 06:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Many enterprises with big buildings and specially underground use Cell phone repeaters/antennas that serve as real cell phone tower antennas so you'll always have excellent cell phone reception anywhere in the building, I'm willing to bet the Pentagon has some..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Old 10-10-2012, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 30
The texting scene was total crap and very hard to believe even on a show that is full of hard to believe scenes!
Looked forward to this season but now it may have jumped the shark.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSperber View Post

Hey, I've been screaming at this unrealistic portrayal of cell phone capabilities ever since Harrison Ford saved the world with a cell phone high in the sky on "Air Force One", or Jack Ryan saved the world with a cell phone under the sea inside a submarine in "Hunt for Red October".
The fact is, your cell phone drops its call when you drive in the underpass under the runway at LAX! I can't get a cell phone connection from the kitchen in my house! I have Sprint and cannot get a connection when visiting my friend in Keene NH.
This speaks more to your service than cell phones in general. Sprint has always been known to have poor penetration. Maybe its time you switched to a different carrier if you have so many issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

Not always the case. I gave up my land line several years ago. I get 4-5 bars in every room in my home and haven't missed having a "real" phone since.
Guess it's all relative. wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Many enterprises with big buildings and specially underground use Cell phone repeaters/antennas that serve as real cell phone tower antennas so you'll always have excellent cell phone reception anywhere in the building, I'm willing to bet the Pentagon has some..

Agree with the above, I havent had a home line in more than 12 years and never had an issue. I also know that the repeaters\antennas are usually in large builfings to help the penetration of the especially "deep" parts.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:

my wife said at the point, "I want the same cell plan that he is using" when we were thinking the same thing
Old 10-10-2012, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
and I am curious where this story is going. Considering how much the VP has a hard on for Brody's story, something tells me Saul is going to take the video to his boss, but the boss and VP (since they had "worked together" in the past), they are going to try to suppress it and hide away (or even take out) Saul. Then Carry will take on the mission to clear Saul and get the word out to the public about Brody's real story
Old 10-10-2012, 01:10 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
The preview for the upcoming shows didn't indicate that direction.

David M.

Tags
Homeland The Complete First Season , Homeland The Complete Second Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Homeland by PriceGrabber.com