Homeland on SHO - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1953 Old 10-19-2012, 12:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Just before Homeland, there's a show about an American city roaming with serial killers. I've cancelled my vacation plans.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1953 Old 10-20-2012, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

Just before Homeland, there's a show about an American city roaming with serial killers. I've cancelled my vacation plans.

Sounds interesting. Is the serial killer the star of the series? That would be a strange POV for a show to take, but I think I might like it.

Just as long as he isn't in love with his sister...

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #633 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Surprised there's no discussion about last nights episode. I had figured this would need to happen or Brody would need to "go", but I didnt expect things to go down during the next episode...This show really knows how to turn it up a notch, I dot think Ive seen two shows(on the same channel) back to back with good to excellent epsiodes back to back for the 1st 5 weeks in a long time....
post #634 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 32
My wife and I couldn't quite figure out the bar scene and the ending. Carrie "slipped" him info about getting close to Nazir, as planned. Brody looked worried. Then, he revealed that he knew about her electoshock treatment, which threw Carrie for a loop. I figured that was Brody's way of leveling the field. Why did that lead Carrie to believe that he had to be taken right then?

Also, and my wife disagrees w/ me here, why did Carrie go to his hotel room to confront him? She couldn't be sure that her backup would be there in time. Why didn't she just wait until they arrived?
post #635 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

My wife and I couldn't quite figure out the bar scene and the ending. Carrie "slipped" him info about getting close to Nazir, as planned. Brody looked worried. Then, he revealed that he knew about her electoshock treatment, which threw Carrie for a loop. I figured that was Brody's way of leveling the field. Why did that lead Carrie to believe that he had to be taken right then?
Also, and my wife disagrees w/ me here, why did Carrie go to his hotel room to confront him? She couldn't be sure that her backup would be there in time. Why didn't she just wait until they arrived?

She said she saw it "in his eyes" that he had made her. She was there to spook him a bit, but to her it backfired....THis lead to her thinking that since he had made her, they needed to take him in right then, before everyone went underground (she said this on the phone call at the bar).......

Carrie went to his hotel room to smoke him out. She knew that he was being watched and that her action would "force their hand" into taking him that night. Otherwise she thought he would give a signal and everyone would be gone...They were never going to arrive, she was given an order to stand down as neither Saul or the "new guy" saw what she did and thought everything was fine...her backup was in the building or very close, they most likely had a team waiting to take him "just in case".....
post #636 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 10:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Surprised there's no discussion about last nights episode.

Brody was arrested. Carrie was vindicated. America is safe.

No reason to watch the show now. wink.gif

post #637 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:

I'm sure they'll figure out a reason for us to do so. smile.gif
post #638 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

She said she saw it "in his eyes" that he had made her. She was there to spook him a bit, but to her it backfired....THis lead to her thinking that since he had made her, they needed to take him in right then, before everyone went underground (she said this on the phone call at the bar).......
Carrie went to his hotel room to smoke him out. She knew that he was being watched and that her action would "force their hand" into taking him that night. Otherwise she thought he would give a signal and everyone would be gone...They were never going to arrive, she was given an order to stand down as neither Saul or the "new guy" saw what she did and thought everything was fine...her backup was in the building or very close, they most likely had a team waiting to take him "just in case".....

Thanks. That's pretty much what we got from it, as well. But, it still seems like an amorphous reason to take the actions she did, but I guess I should know better about her character by now, shouldn't I?
post #639 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 11:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandron View Post

I'm sure they'll figure out a reason for us to do so. smile.gif

Well it might be fun to see the fallout after a Congressman has gotten arrested for attempted assassination and had a bag put over his head as he was hauled away.

post #640 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 52
I'm waiting for the interregation. Looks like Brody is a prisoner again. I wonder just how long can he hold up? Loved the back and forth banter between Carrie and Brody trying to up each other in the guess what I know about you mode. She got the decisive blow when she mentioned his kids and the vest. Made him think about it for a second. His combat buddies are starting to ask questions also, this could get really interesting.
post #641 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 11:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:

Thanks. That's pretty much what we got from it, as well. But, it still seems like an amorphous reason to take the actions she did, but I guess I should know better about her character by now, shouldn't I?

I'm halfway thinking she will get some blowback from the CIA for outing Brody that way after having been told not to. It seems that the "chain of command" is a bit weak in the CIA, how many times can she ignore direct orders?
In any case, she sure is a loose cannon and may have just eliminated any chance of the CIA finding out who Brody's contacts are.
post #642 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

I'm halfway thinking she will get some blowback from the CIA for outing Brody that way after having been told not to. It seems that the "chain of command" is a bit weak in the CIA, how many times can she ignore direct orders?
In any case, she sure is a loose cannon and may have just eliminated any chance of the CIA finding out who Brody's contacts are.

I thought they were checking backgrounds on the three subjects in the photos? I do remember a that's "profiling" comment. They have a shot of Brody and the reporter so she's under investigation now, with the assistance of an "outside team".
post #643 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 12:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 51
post #644 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 01:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I'm looking forward to some clarification about Brody's arrest. Apparently I missed some things. Was he formally under arrest? What was the arresting agency (my understanding is that the CIA doesn't have the authority to make arrests and has to call the FBI)? When will formal charges be filed? What evidence do they have other than the video? Why did they throw a bag over his head? Is that the discreet hotel where Congressmen go to have sex with their pages?

It was nice of Jess to kick Brody out of the house so he can have more unexplained absences.

post #645 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post

I thought they were checking backgrounds on the three subjects in the photos? I do remember a that's "profiling" comment. They have a shot of Brody and the reporter so she's under investigation now, with the assistance of an "outside team".

That scene demonstrated how the human brain gravitates toward the obvious. They discussed possible reasons for the two guys to be suspicious, but here was Roya's ID right in front of them. Because she's a legitimate journalist, they seem to be overlooking her - for now.
post #646 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 03:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm looking forward to some clarification about Brody's arrest. Apparently I missed some things. Was he formally under arrest? What was the arresting agency (my understanding is that the CIA doesn't have the authority to make arrests and has to call the FBI)? When will formal charges be filed? What evidence do they have other than the video? Why did they throw a bag over his head? Is that the discreet hotel where Congressmen go to have sex with their pages?
It was nice of Jess to kick Brody out of the house so he can have more unexplained absences.

You didnt miss much as they didnt give details to some of what you asked..
Hes not formally under arrest
CIA are the ones who took him
who says charges will EVER be filed, thats future episode ;-)
The video is daming enough IMO to probably get him locked up on terrorism charges
The bag over the head is so thst he cant see where they take him, this is take from popular movies\shows when taking suspects to CIA safehouses. (Rendition anyone)..The CIA is going to make him "dissapear"and he will be held as a terrorist with no rights..This may not be realiztic, but it is the "Hollywood way" that has been done in the past.
putting up a cover story as to why he is missing.
The Hotel was just another Hotel in the DC area, When he met Carrie there, be may have had alterior motives, but for the most part he could explain her presence if it ever leaked....
There will be no unexplained absences if hes out of the house ;-)

The above is just the way I see it of course...
post #647 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That scene demonstrated how the human brain gravitates toward the obvious. They discussed possible reasons for the two guys to be suspicious, but here was Roya's ID right in front of them. Because she's a legitimate journalist, they seem to be overlooking her - for now.

Actually shes one of the "top" ones they are looking at besides the Car Wash owner and the cab driver. They had a scene on who to focus on, they said theyll start with the "dark skin" people he met and work thier way down. She was the last one mentioned (after the Car Wash employee\owner and cab driver). They explained that the contact would most likely be arabic or dark skinned due to how terrorist groups work (wording is off, but its the idea).....

This brought into the discussion "racial profiling" and they said yup its exactly that for xxx reason......

This is the basics I remember from the episode, sorry watched it last night so the exact details escape me..
post #648 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 04:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Actually shes one of the "top" ones they are looking at besides the Car Wash owner and the cab driver. They had a scene on who to focus on, they said theyll start with the "dark skin" people he met and work thier way down. She was the last one mentioned (after the Car Wash employee\owner and cab driver). They explained that the contact would most likely be arabic or dark skinned due to how terrorist groups work (wording is off, but its the idea).....
This brought into the discussion "racial profiling" and they said yup its exactly that for xxx reason......
This is the basics I remember from the episode, sorry watched it last night so the exact details escape me..

That's the way I remembered it also.
post #649 of 1953 Old 10-22-2012, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Holy cow! I just watched this week's episode.

I'll read the thread later.
post #650 of 1953 Old 10-23-2012, 05:46 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:

Sure there is. It was just renewed for a 3rd season, so they'll spend a season and a half fleshing out his role in the killing of Rosie Larson. biggrin.gif
post #651 of 1953 Old 10-23-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:

The bag over the head is so thst he cant see where they take him, this is take from popular movies\shows when taking suspects to CIA safehouses. (Rendition anyone)..The CIA is going to make him "dissapear"and he will be held as a terrorist with no rights..This may not be realiztic, but it is the "Hollywood way" that has been done in the past.

I'd guess the bag over the head was more to insure that nobody knew it was Brody that was being taken - otherwise they'd have just bagged him in the car.
post #652 of 1953 Old 10-23-2012, 07:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Maybe I missed some dialogue. I remember the camera panning over the subjects on the board while they described the car wash guy etc. Then, the camera settled on Roya's picture, but I didn't hear them mention her. It gave me the impression that she's right under their nose, but they're not necessarily looking at her in their top tier of suspects. Again, maybe I just missed some dialogue. Patinkin seems to enjoy murmuring...wink.gif
post #653 of 1953 Old 10-23-2012, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:

The video is daming enough IMO to probably get him locked up on terrorism charges

I have a feeling the drone incident might still give him some leverage and the fact that ultimately, it did not blow up the bomb. Regardless, they better not kill off his character cause Lewis is perfect. The producers were right, more Carrie/Brody scenes please, they're intense together. smile.gif
post #654 of 1953 Old 10-23-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:

Maybe I missed some dialogue. I remember the camera panning over the subjects on the board while they described the car wash guy etc. Then, the camera settled on Roya's picture, but I didn't hear them mention her. It gave me the impression that she's right under their nose, but they're not necessarily looking at her in their top tier of suspects. Again, maybe I just missed some dialogue. Patinkin seems to enjoy murmuring...wink.gif

You missed some dialog. When they panned to her ID (when talking about primary targets to focus on), they specifically named her as one of the "dark skinned" contacts and gave her occupation.
post #655 of 1953 Old 10-23-2012, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

I have a feeling the drone incident might still give him some leverage and the fact that ultimately, it did not blow up the bomb. Regardless, they better not kill off his character cause Lewis is perfect. The producers were right, more Carrie/Brody scenes please, they're intense together. smile.gif

IMO I think he has to go, sooner or later only way to make things "sensible" especially now that he has been captured.....Unless tey take the angle to use him as a double agent, since they ahve layed they groundwork of him questioning Nazirs decisions AND goign through with everything......
post #656 of 1953 Old 10-23-2012, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Did we ever see what has become of the vest?
Did he disassemble it, bury it, is it in his garage? I don't remember....

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #657 of 1953 Old 10-23-2012, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 18
so the CIA will bring Brody to Guantanamo for interrogation, during which some guard(s) will slip up, allowing Brody to escape with Harold & Kumar (wait, wrong movie eek.gif )
post #658 of 1953 Old 10-23-2012, 11:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

I have a feeling the drone incident might still give him some leverage and the fact that ultimately, it did not blow up the bomb.

They have a "confession" to a crime that never took place. No crime = no indictment. Unless they can prove that he attempted it or was somehow involved in the Walker assassination plot, they've got nothing on him from a legal sense. His "confession" to Carrie sounded more like sarcastic responses to Carrie's wild accusations.

Politically, he's dead however.

I don't feel comfortable about them kidnapping a US Congressman for interrogation. In real life this is something they would have had to pull the FBI into before acting on. There would have been a real investigation and a real arrest. Unfortunately the show is choosing to keep the plot going at 80 MPH and taking more of a "24" approach to legal process.

post #659 of 1953 Old 10-23-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

Did we ever see what has become of the vest?
Did he disassemble it, bury it, is it in his garage? I don't remember....

I hope he gave it to that loser Xander and told him it's a BASE jumping chute.
post #660 of 1953 Old 10-23-2012, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95 View Post

I hope he gave it to that loser Xander and told him it's a BASE jumping chute.

ROTFL! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Homeland The Complete First Season , Homeland The Complete Second Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Homeland by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page