Homeland on SHO - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 1775 Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
so Estes is ordering Quinn to kill Brody once Abu Nazir is captured... how are they going to cover that up and/or portray that to the media? a national hero turned congressman found dead
and does the VP know more about this, possibly giving the order to Estes to take out Brody?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 1775 Old 11-28-2012, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 495 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post

so Estes is ordering Quinn to kill Brody once Abu Nazir is captured... how are they going to cover that up and/or portray that to the media? a national hero turned congressman found dead
and does the VP know more about this, possibly giving the order to Estes to take out Brody?

They'd probably say he was a collateral damage.....either that or tell the truth, he was working with Nazir, when they tried to apprehend him he fled\fought and was killed.....I dont think the VP knows, otherwise I dont think Brody would have been around for as long as he was...I think Estes is trying to cover himself, if he gets both Nazir and Brody he can play both in his favor...
post #903 of 1775 Old 11-28-2012, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I think Estes agrees with Saul's assessment of the situation, i.e. there is no way Estes can tell Walden the truth about Brody. With Brody dead, he doesn't have to.

Do not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
XBL & PSN GT: ProjectGemini07

post #904 of 1775 Old 11-28-2012, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynesjc View Post

I think Estes agrees with Saul's assessment of the situation, i.e. there is no way Estes can tell Walden the truth about Brody. With Brody dead, he doesn't have to.

In real life, someone being groomed as a running mate would never have this much free time to play spy on the side.
Walden would know. His Secret Service Detail would have run into the CIA a long time ago and outed Brody on suspicion
alone. I can't be the only one to notice Brody's street being vacant all the time. No way it's void of security, media people.

Am I missing something?
post #905 of 1775 Old 11-28-2012, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeskE View Post

In real life, someone being groomed as a running mate would never have this much free time to play spy on the side.
Walden would know. His Secret Service Detail would have run into the CIA a long time ago and outed Brody on suspicion
alone. I can't be the only one to notice Brody's street being vacant all the time. No way it's void of security, media people.
Am I missing something?

That this is a TV show and not reality??? I know Im begining to sound like a broken record....
post #906 of 1775 Old 11-28-2012, 10:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I must have missed how it was explained that the CIA has gotten around the legal bar against any operations directed by them carried out on US soil. Any help would be appreciated.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #907 of 1775 Old 11-29-2012, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

That this is a TV show and not reality??? I know Im begining to sound like a broken record....

Yes, and you can say that over and over again until surprise! Kim is outrunning a cougar and your show sucks smile.gif

The great thing about Season 1 is that it appeared to take few liberties with reality. Season 2, not so much.

Did any other Canadians notice the Tim Horton's coffee order? I wonder where they got that from, considering the show isn't even shot in canada.....
post #908 of 1775 Old 11-29-2012, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kromkamp View Post

Yes, and you can say that over and over again until surprise! Kim is outrunning a cougar and your show sucks smile.gif
The great thing about Season 1 is that it appeared to take few liberties with reality. Season 2, not so much.
Did any other Canadians notice the Tim Horton's coffee order? I wonder where they got that from, considering the show isn't even shot in canada.....

As far as I know there were a number of Tim Hortons in the US, I know they started to open around in the NorthEast, but may have closed operations now.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

I must have missed how it was explained that the CIA has gotten around the legal bar against any operations directed by them carried out on US soil. Any help would be appreciated.

I think they mentioned this breifly at the begining of the season....Cant remember the reasoning, but right now they are the only agency that is "aware" of whats going on. THey ahve not shared this information at all, which is why they are operating the way they are. They let others know on a need to know basis, mostly this is becasue Saul convinced Estes NOT to mention this to anyone else...
post #909 of 1775 Old 11-29-2012, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 30
No one has mentioned the other (tiny) lapse this week. In the observation room, Carrie's contractor slipped Quinn's address to Saul right behind Quinn's back. That was unnecessarily risky. It would be easy and safer to do it out in the hall, in the bathroom, etc.
post #910 of 1775 Old 11-29-2012, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by kromkamp View Post

The show is already employing 24 tropes.

Spend much story time pursuing "the plot", execute "the plot" only to discover that there is a bigger, more sinister plot. Check.

Spend much story time pursuing "the bad guy", finally seemingly capture the bad guy only to discover that there is a bigger, more sinister bad guy. Check.

I hope that the story does not evolve into the pursuit of F Murray and his band of merrymen, and thus a pursuit of who is "really" behind the plot. If it follows the 24 blueprint, the "real" plot will be "elements of our own government."

I guess time will tell.
post #911 of 1775 Old 11-29-2012, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Wouldn't Brody eventually get Secret Service protection once he gets the nomination for VP? that was a great hand off of Quinn s address to Saul, better than Sanchez with the Jets. Lots of liberties but a good ride so far..How many eppys left?
Cal1981 likes this.

post #912 of 1775 Old 11-29-2012, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post

Wouldn't Brody eventually get Secret Service protection once he gets the nomination for VP? that was a great hand off of Quinn s address to Saul, better than Sanchez with the Jets. Lots of liberties but a good ride so far..How many eppys left?

Eventually, but as wel saw, they are not "everywhere" even though they may go places. Plus with Brody in power, they'd probably use other methods to carry out something.
post #913 of 1775 Old 12-01-2012, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 50
If I am not mistaken, Brody is still only in consideration for the Veep, but not officially announced. He is still a congressman, who I don't think would have a SS detail following him all day. The entire sequence in the McMansion with Richie Rich donor guy was the background work trying to build up momentum to announce the Veep candidacy for Brody.

I have a hunch that Walden, the current Veep is in on the conspiracy, and somehow controlling the strings in the larger game involving Nazir's plot. Reminds me of a plot (from 24?) where a Gov. official clandestinely enables a potential terrorist plot, with the aim of foiling it at the last minute or profiting off of the resulting tragedy to garner anti-terrorist sympathy wave to get swept into the office to pursue a grand "War on Terror" campaign. Maybe he was behind smuggling Nazir into the country to catch him red-handed or kill in a public attempted act of terrorism. The involvement of Dar Adal's Black Ops team and Quinn, seems to imply there is a larger plot being orchestrated than is evident at first glance. Quinn eliminating Brody if Nazir were captured outside the coffee shop would tie up loose ends nicely. We shall see how it plays out.
post #914 of 1775 Old 12-01-2012, 09:49 PM
KOA
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Who in the CIA maintains the two large aquariums in the safe house? Why would a safe house have aquariums?

Most times aquariums in movies end up taking a bullet. Hope they don't play that card.
post #915 of 1775 Old 12-02-2012, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOA View Post

Who in the CIA maintains the two large aquariums in the safe house? Why would a safe house have aquariums?
Most times aquariums in movies end up taking a bullet. Hope they don't play that card.

It's probably some kind of posh timeshare that the CIA buys as a cover.
post #916 of 1775 Old 12-02-2012, 06:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by raaj View Post

If I am not mistaken, Brody is still only in consideration for the Veep, but not officially announced. He is still a congressman, who I don't think would have a SS detail following him all day. The entire sequence in the McMansion with Richie Rich donor guy was the background work trying to build up momentum to announce the Veep candidacy for Brody.
I have a hunch that Walden, the current Veep is in on the conspiracy, and somehow controlling the strings in the larger game involving Nazir's plot. Reminds me of a plot (from 24?) where a Gov. official clandestinely enables a potential terrorist plot, with the aim of foiling it at the last minute or profiting off of the resulting tragedy to garner anti-terrorist sympathy wave to get swept into the office to pursue a grand "War on Terror" campaign. Maybe he was behind smuggling Nazir into the country to catch him red-handed or kill in a public attempted act of terrorism. The involvement of Dar Adal's Black Ops team and Quinn, seems to imply there is a larger plot being orchestrated than is evident at first glance. Quinn eliminating Brody if Nazir were captured outside the coffee shop would tie up loose ends nicely. We shall see how it plays out.

Doubtful. The Veep almost got blown up and only a faulty electrical switch on Brody's bomb vest enabled him to survive. My conclusion, based on that alone, is that the Veep has nothing to do with the '24'-like larger conspiracy we see gradually unfolding.
post #917 of 1775 Old 12-02-2012, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27

I think it's pretty obvious that the VP is not involved in the way suggested.  As for Brody and the Sneaky Service, as someone else said, he's only being vetted and would not have the SS detail.  Of course, all of his disappearances would still be easily suspect and other 24-like activities are a bit over the top.  Still and all, I am really enjoying this show and hope they find a satisfying end to continue for another season. 

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #918 of 1775 Old 12-02-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 131
I think the "conspiracy" is all an elaborate plan by Mike to get Morena back. smile.gif And who can blame him?

"There is no truth. There's just what you believe."
post #919 of 1775 Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

point taken wink.gif
post #920 of 1775 Old 12-02-2012, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 58
What a mess the plot is. Walden has a remote control kill switch and Nazir got that info. From the NY Times? rolleyes.gif
post #921 of 1775 Old 12-02-2012, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Next week on Homeland...wearing a leather jacket and on water skis guest star Henry Winkler rescues Carrie from a pool filled with sharks. Congrats on passing Dexter as the most ridiculous show on Sunday night.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, except not while driving a school bus.
post #922 of 1775 Old 12-02-2012, 11:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt7153 View Post

Next week on Homeland...wearing a leather jacket and on water skis guest star Henry Winkler rescues Carrie from a pool filled with sharks. Congrats on passing Dexter as the most ridiculous show on Sunday night.

The brain fart on Dex was just as loud tonight wink.gif
post #923 of 1775 Old 12-02-2012, 11:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

What a mess the plot is. Walden has a remote control kill switch and Nazir got that info. From the NY Times? rolleyes.gif

The pacemaker status reporting device wasn't even plugged in. smile.gif

It appeared to be the same model my father has.
post #924 of 1775 Old 12-02-2012, 11:52 PM
AVS Special Member

I wasnt as bothered as some I guess by the hacking of the pacemaker, doing a quick google search looks like they may have taken this out of the "real life" story that came out this year,

http://blogs.computerworld.com/cybercrime-and-hacking/21163/pacemaker-hacker-says-worm-could-possibly-commit-mass-murder

http://www.webpronews.com/pacemaker-hack-can-be-used-to-kill-people-with-electric-shock-2012-10

So there was "some" reality in what happened, even though it was a little far fetched....It will be interesting to see how they end the season, but on a character note I think this show continues to shine, all of the chacters on the show are multi faceted, and I continue to see each morph in different situations....Estes when Saul confronted him was priceless....
post #925 of 1775 Old 12-03-2012, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

...but on a character note I think this show continues to shine, all of the chacters on the show are multi faceted...

Even Dana (aka "Sunshine")? tongue.gif For me, she's about as one-dimensional as you can get. And, IMO, with any scene she's in with Finn, the show comes to a dead stop.
post #926 of 1775 Old 12-03-2012, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

I also found it implausible that Nazir was alone in that huge warehouse, even acknowledging that some of his team was lost in the parking lot raid. Here's one of the bigwig terrorists, who magically slips into the USA, then singlehandedly captures and holds Carrie hostage.

Next week: See Carrie and Nazir in a shootout amongst the pipes! Ka-pow!
post #927 of 1775 Old 12-03-2012, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27

Hoo boy, this one was a bit out there in left field, even for me, an avid supporter.  Some good moments mixed in with the funky kept it going, but I am hoping for better as it wraps up for the season.  I agree about Dana - every scene she is in is a repeat of her furrowed brow from the previous scene she was in.  And all of those scenes have become tiresome while bringing the show to a complete stop.  The actress must have serious migraines after filming from all to that brow knitting going on.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #928 of 1775 Old 12-03-2012, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Some of you guys might find this recap amusing... biggrin.gif
post #929 of 1775 Old 12-03-2012, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

Even Dana (aka "Sunshine")? tongue.gif For me, she's about as one-dimensional as you can get. And, IMO, with any scene she's in with Finn, the show comes to a dead stop.

We've seen aprogression with Dana IMO, form when Brody 1st came home until now....IMO she is playing her part well, currently very conflicted on a morals standpoint especailly after the entire accident fiasco...Shes acting like teenagers act, its not exciting, but its realistic...
post #930 of 1775 Old 12-03-2012, 09:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

I wasnt as bothered as some I guess by the hacking of the pacemaker, doing a quick google search looks like they may have taken this out of the "real life" story that came out this year,
http://blogs.computerworld.com/cybercrime-and-hacking/21163/pacemaker-hacker-says-worm-could-possibly-commit-mass-murder
http://www.webpronews.com/pacemaker-hack-can-be-used-to-kill-people-with-electric-shock-2012-10

Here's another theoretical case:

A Heart Device Is Found Vulnerable to Hacker Attacks

But it takes a little more than getting the MAC address off the box to do this from long distances.

Beyond the implausibility of this, everything else in this show is falling apart. They threw out the psychological drama from the Israeli series that made last season the best show on television and replaced it with 24-style temporary crisis driven plot, assassination conspiracies and a mustache-twirling villain who taunts his nemesis while they are being held hostage in, where else, an abandoned warehouse! We laughed when evil evil evil Nazir mocked our country's reliance on not cheap oil but... organic foods? Why didn't the writer's room burst out laughing when they went over that line? Yep, take away our organic vegetables and America will fall into anarchy within days!

And highly trained and field-experienced Carrie Matheson is no Jack Bauer. That was nice of her to run back into the abandoned warehouse so Nazir could kidnap her again and phone up Brody with another demand ("She came back. I'm a terrorist. What am I supposed to do?") and she sure knows how to patrol an unsecured room by standing in the middle of it and looking around.

And the acting is down to 24-level too. Brody hyperventilating while going through the VP's office was amateur hour. Dana's woe-is-me role isn't even worth mentioning any more, and the rest of the professionals might as well be working at CTU instead of the CIA.

Just two more episodes and I can cancel Showtime.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Homeland The Complete First Season , Homeland The Complete Second Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Homeland by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page