Homeland on SHO - Page 43 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1261 of 1775 Old 09-29-2013, 07:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Not too sure about the season premier tonight. We'll see if it starts off to a great start
Young C is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1262 of 1775 Old 09-30-2013, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Great start to the season. Saul putting Carrie in-check during the Congress hearing was brutal. Of course we saw Carrie cry during the first episode tongue.gif She's one emotional lady

Looking forward to where this is going.
Young C is offline  
post #1263 of 1775 Old 09-30-2013, 07:10 AM
Member
 
HairyBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I enjoyed it too. I wonder how the shooting of the kid is going to affect (forgot name). After all he kills bad guys, not kids.

Breaking Bad ends, Homeland begins. Sunday is still a good night.
HairyBee is offline  
post #1264 of 1775 Old 09-30-2013, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
wco81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 4,456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Anyone see The Simpsons parody of Homeland?

Carrie appears when there's suspicion that Homer's been turned into a terrorist. She offers to sleep with him.
wco81 is offline  
post #1265 of 1775 Old 09-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Senior Member
 
dminches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I found the opening episode choppy. Granted, they were bridging a small time lapse, but I thought some of the things were all over the place.

Saul may be the most depressing character on TV now. Has he ever smiled?

David M.
dminches is offline  
post #1266 of 1775 Old 09-30-2013, 11:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mike4HDTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,896
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyBee View Post

I enjoyed it too. I wonder how the shooting of the kid is going to affect (forgot name). After all he kills bad guys, not kids.

Breaking Bad ends, Homeland begins. Sunday is still a good night.

That's Peter Quinn. He looked upset after he shot the kid.
Mike4HDTV is offline  
post #1267 of 1775 Old 09-30-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Mike4HDTV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Florida
Posts: 2,896
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

Anyone see The Simpsons parody of Homeland?

Carrie appears when there's suspicion that Homer's been turned into a terrorist. She offers to sleep with him.

It was called Homerland. It was a decent episode, but not great.
Mike4HDTV is offline  
post #1268 of 1775 Old 09-30-2013, 07:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Cal1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,568
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4HDTV View Post

That's Peter Quinn. He looked upset after he shot the kid.

And he aborted his Plan A that would have blown up the target's car because the child was in it. Quinn is a very interesting character. As I recall, he didn't take out Brody last season when he was supposed to because it would no longer accomplish anything.
Cal1981 is offline  
post #1269 of 1775 Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
replayrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NY- The tax State
Posts: 4,102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

Saul may be the most depressing character on TV now. Has he ever smiled?
He doesn't really have much to smile about with the whole terrorist situation and He said he doesn't want the Director position- it doesn't suit his temperament. But he's stuck with both- So, his prospects for future happiness don't look so great either...

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
replayrob is online now  
post #1270 of 1775 Old 10-01-2013, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,023
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 96
The Venezuelan strike was masterful, except of course for the dead kid, I wonder if they will get back to this issue.

Low blow from Saul to Carrie, now I believe those phony stories that Saul is working for Mossad..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is online now  
post #1271 of 1775 Old 10-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
ToddR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ankeny, IA
Posts: 501
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

He doesn't really have much to smile about with the whole terrorist situation and He said he doesn't want the Director position- it doesn't suit his temperament. But he's stuck with both- So, his prospects for future happiness don't look so great either...

Plus, his wife rushed home from India after the bombing, but that doesn't seem to be working out so well.
ToddR is offline  
post #1272 of 1775 Old 10-01-2013, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
wco81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 4,456
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Actually, I think it's good that they have to account for Carrie sleeping with Brody.

You know the next time they meet, they will boink again. It's really indefensible, especially when she's doing it when she's under surveillance.

If she didn't have to answer for it, then it would be easy to dismiss as a piece of TV fabrication.


For the shows ratings, the Carrie-Brody "romance" is key but for credibility, they can't continue with it. They would have to end this.
wco81 is offline  
post #1273 of 1775 Old 10-01-2013, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Distorted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: San Antonio, Tx Area
Posts: 1,667
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Saul's wife is way too innocent appearing and shares too much knowledge of CIA operations. She will be in the soup before this ends.

.........

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Distorted is offline  
post #1274 of 1775 Old 10-02-2013, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
flint350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Baltimore, Md.
Posts: 2,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29

Great start.  The whole thing was well done and the assassination in Caracas was intriguing from motorcycle chase to the plan B estate shooting.  The flashlight/kid plot was superbly done and acted and the Quinn character has really grown on me.  Danes continues to impress with her manic acting, but maybe that's just her nature - I've seen her on interviews and she seems a bit hyper and manic there as well.  Looking forward to the season.


Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
flint350 is offline  
post #1275 of 1775 Old 10-02-2013, 10:05 AM
Member
 
pipe dreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: seattle
Posts: 45
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What's up with all this time being spent on Body's daughter..enough already.
pipe dreams is offline  
post #1276 of 1775 Old 10-02-2013, 10:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 16,232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe dreams View Post

What's up with all this time being spent on Body's daughter..enough already.

I agree, a little teen angst goes a long way.
rdgrimes is online now  
post #1277 of 1775 Old 10-02-2013, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
LL3HD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Flushing, New York, USA
Posts: 5,409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Wha's with the shakey camera crap? Thought that ended decades ago with NYPD Blue. Rent a friggin dolly, tripod, image stabilizer! Please! It is too jarring. Takes me out of the viewer zone and reminds me I'm watching a production.

Otherwise, enjoying things. wink.gif
WLGeter likes this.

Larry

I thought we were
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LL3HD is offline  
post #1278 of 1775 Old 10-02-2013, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipe dreams View Post

What's up with all this time being spent on Body's daughter..enough already.

Agreed. That's one of the main things about "Homeland" people complain about.
Young C is offline  
post #1279 of 1775 Old 10-02-2013, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

The Venezuelan strike was masterful, except of course for the dead kid, I wonder if they will get back to this issue.

Low blow from Saul to Carrie, now I believe those phony stories that Saul is working for Mossad..


The way I see for now is that he wants to protect what's left of the CIA front and foremost. In doing so, he's being an ass with Carrie, but this will come back at him and haunt him! wink.gif I had a "near-WTF experience" watching the scene!

I don't mind the Brody's daughter story, it's just one episode, we'll see...

Can't wait to see Brody back though. I was kinda disappointed by Carrie in the "stairs scene" - naughty girl! tongue.gif



I'm really glad the show is finally back!
Morpheo is offline  
post #1280 of 1775 Old 10-02-2013, 01:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 18,183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post


Can't wait to see Brody back though. I was kinda disappointed by Carrie in the "stairs scene" - naughty girl! tongue.gif

Not all that naughty. Guess it shouldn't be surprising that Claire Danes has a no-nudity contract.
archiguy is offline  
post #1281 of 1775 Old 10-02-2013, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Karnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Frederick MD USA
Posts: 6,862
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Great start to the season. Of course we saw Carrie cry during the first episode tongue.gif She's one emotional lady.

I tracked this on my DVR....first quivering chin spotted 3 minutes in, next one at 11 minutes. Man, Saul threw her under the bus. Combine that with her going off her meds & I like where this is going already. eek.gifbiggrin.gif
Karnis is offline  
post #1282 of 1775 Old 10-02-2013, 01:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,633
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

The way I see for now is that he wants to protect what's left of the CIA front and foremost. In doing so, he's being an ass with Carrie, but this will come back at him and haunt him! wink.gif I had a "near-WTF experience" watching the scene!

I don't mind the Brody's daughter story, it's just one episode, we'll see...

Can't wait to see Brody back though. I was kinda disappointed by Carrie in the "stairs scene" - naughty girl! tongue.gif

I'm really glad the show is finally back!

I agree that Saul threw Carrie under the bus because he thought he had to do it to save his agency. Saul always was and remains a Company man.

We have seen Carrie drink too much and have one night stands before. This seems to be what she does when she's stressed.

Like you, I want Brody back. He and the equally emotionally crippled Carrie are a matched set.
gwsat is offline  
post #1283 of 1775 Old 10-02-2013, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Dexter's Zach Hamilton is the boyfriend of Dana? I did not even take notice.

Edit: Actor's name is Sam Underwood and he's playing Leo Carras on Homeland.
Young C is offline  
post #1284 of 1775 Old 10-02-2013, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,023
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Not all that naughty. Guess it shouldn't be surprising that Claire Danes has a no-nudity contract.

Isn't it weird that the actress playing Dana just barely turn 18 and she's already topless on TV? also what's her age in the show?

I wonder if Morena's bump is gonna show soon in the show? here comes the "hiding the belly" techniques..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is online now  
post #1285 of 1775 Old 10-02-2013, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Morpheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal by day, Paris by night...
Posts: 6,573
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

Isn't it weird that the actress playing Dana just barely turn 18 and she's already topless on TV? also what's her age in the show?

Yet, it fits in the storyline and her character's evolution. She's still the angered teen right now, although she might be the one who's the closest to her father in her family. She's conflicted, but she wants to show everyone that she's in control. Which might get her into trouble... At least that's the impression I got watching the episode (besides we only saw her back, nothing really "shocking" here - sending a topless pic to a guy she barely knows might prove more questionable wink.gif)
Morpheo is offline  
post #1286 of 1775 Old 10-02-2013, 11:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Sharp1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Southern Calif
Posts: 1,798
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

Yet, it fits in the storyline and her character's evolution. She's still the angered teen right now, although she might be the one who's the closest to her father in her family. She's conflicted, but she wants to show everyone that she's in control. Which might get her into trouble... At least that's the impression I got watching the episode (besides we only saw her back, nothing really "shocking" here - sending a topless pic to a guy she barely knows might prove more questionable wink.gif)

Bad move on her part especially when he ends up selling it to the tabloids for cash!
Sharp1080 is online now  
post #1287 of 1775 Old 10-03-2013, 12:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
cuzzin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pearland, Texas
Posts: 997
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Dexter's Zach Hamilton is the boyfriend of Dana? I did not even take notice.

Edit: Actor's name is Sam Underwood and he's playing Leo Carras on Homeland.

Ah, I kept trying to figure out where I knew that kid from, but I couldn't place it. Guess that shows what little an affect the last season of Dexter had on me.

cuzzin is offline  
post #1288 of 1775 Old 10-03-2013, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
taxman48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Any Criminal Minds fans here? ..Mandy (Saul) was great as SSA Gideon.. Great actor in this series also..

http://www.mandypatinkin.org/

taxman48 is offline  
post #1289 of 1775 Old 10-03-2013, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member
 
ToddR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ankeny, IA
Posts: 501
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
They ought to get Dana and Bridget (the daughter from Ray Donovan) together so they can complain about their love lives and how mean their parents are. biggrin.gif
ToddR is offline  
post #1290 of 1775 Old 10-03-2013, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
Young C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3,933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddR View Post

They ought to get Dana and Bridget (the daughter from Ray Donovan) together so they can complain about their love lives and how mean their parents are. biggrin.gif

haha that's brilliant! biggrin.gif
Young C is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Homeland The Complete First Season , Homeland The Complete Second Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Homeland by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off