Homeland on SHO - Page 46 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1351 of 1775 Old 10-14-2013, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Didn't understand the refuge at the Mosque. A place of worship would hinder criminals from getting to people?

Almost like he sought asylum and went to a consulate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1352 of 1775 Old 10-14-2013, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

One of the best episodes of the series, IMO.

Clark Johnson directed this episode.

He has a pretty decent resume. To name a couple of his credits-- he directed the pilot and final episode of both The Wire and The Shield. Not too shabby. cool.gif

Currently he’s costarring in Amazon’s production of Alpha House. It’s their first streaming Netflix style programming—like House of Cards. The pilot is available for free on Amazon. It's a political comedy. The series will come out in a couple of months and looks to be real funny stuff. wink.gif Gary Trudeau is the creator. John Goodman is in it smile.gif

I’ve had the opportunity to meet and talk with Clark. He is a real interesting, friendly and chatty fellow. He has a memory like a black hole. Nothing escapes him. He’ll recall little tidbits of information, which came up in a conversation weeks ago, and ask follow up questions with sincere interest. Whether he’s talking to the President or to a homeless guy in the street, he treats them as if they are his best buddy.

He also directed next week’s episode. He was excited about the airing of these two episodes. He told me they were going to be real special but wouldn’t divulge any plot information. And he said it was for my own enjoyment—not to reveal anything. I certainly agree but that didn’t stop me from asking. biggrin.gif

Larry

I thought we were
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1353 of 1775 Old 10-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 29
He also played a big character part in the last year of the Wire.. Directed Swat.. Was in Iron Eagle 2 or 3.. Clark was brilliant in Homicide with his partner "Crocetti"...Always try to follow his work
post #1354 of 1775 Old 10-14-2013, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

He also played a big character part in the last year of the Wire.. Directed Swat.. Was in Iron Eagle 2 or 3.. Clark was brilliant in Homicide with his partner "Crocetti"...Always try to follow his work
Yeah, pretty cool. He also got invited back for a brief "cameo" in Richard Belzer's swan song episode. cool.gif Not sure if that aired yet since I think I'm the only person in the free world who hasn't seen any episode of any L&O-- or any of its siblings. biggrin.gif Homicide is a spinoff of L&O-- right? biggrin.gif

edit... okay, I just looked it up and realize it is not. eek.gif Well, never saw that one either.

Larry

I thought we were
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1355 of 1775 Old 10-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

Ridiculous episode. Doesn't explain how he got to Venezuela or how he got shot.

Guess this episode fills this season's quota for exotic locale and danger.

That and paralleling Carrie and Brody both in captivity.

You can forget about this show ever tying up loose ends. They're making all kinds of tangles and knots to keep Brody on the show at all costs.

I tend to agree with your remarks.

While this episode was interesting, it still felt like it could have been half as long as it was. What does Carrie have on this El Nino guy that prevents him from seeking the reward?

I am generally not in the habit of checking the progress bar three times during an episode of Homeland, but I did last night.
post #1356 of 1775 Old 10-14-2013, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddR View Post

I tend to agree with your remarks.

While this episode was interesting, it still felt like it could have been half as long as it was. What does Carrie have on this El Nino guy that prevents him from seeking the reward?

I am generally not in the habit of checking the progress bar three times during an episode of Homeland, but I did last night.

I got the impression that this was Carrie's prearranged escape plan, which seems to be a standard staple for CIA field agents. The group at the final destination, which was reached thru Columbia via a trawler from Nova Scotia, is in debt to Carrie for a previous favor.

Jdg
post #1357 of 1775 Old 10-14-2013, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

That performance sent chills up my spine. What a beautiful voice! Does he still have the same range, 24 years later?
He pretty much does. At the 80th Birthday celebration for Stephen Sondheim , Mandy and Bernadette Peters did Move On from Sunday in the Park with George and they sounded as good as they did years ago on Broadway.
post #1358 of 1775 Old 10-14-2013, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

Loved him in Homicide. Didn't he always wear a" pork pie" hat in the show?
post #1359 of 1775 Old 10-15-2013, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:

Guess this episode fills this season's quota for exotic locale and danger.

That and paralleling Carrie and Brody both in captivity.

You can forget about this show ever tying up loose ends. They're making all kinds of tangles and knots to keep Brody on the show at all costs.

rolleyes.gif Did we need an explanation in *this* episode about how he ended up in Venezuela?

As for "keeping Brody on the show", I don't know but I was under the impression that Brody was a major character, you can't just forget about him just because he's a fugitive. He still has to prove he wasn't responsible for the attack at the CIA, and right now he's one of the most wanted men on the planet. I fail to see why the show would be better without him.

...Oh and for those interesed, Esmee was played by the beautiful Martina García. smile.gif

fwiw, I thought it was an excellent episode, with a different vibe than the usual. I'm curious to learn who Dr. Graham really is.
post #1360 of 1775 Old 10-15-2013, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post

Loved him in Homicide. Didn't he always wear a" pork pie" hat in the show?
Can't verify the hat in the show but I can tell you he wears one regularly now in "real life." biggrin.gif

Larry

I thought we were

post #1361 of 1775 Old 10-15-2013, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 96
That "doctor" gives me the creeps... also child foot soldiers..

So I wonder who wants to recruit Carrie, maybe the Koreans?

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1362 of 1775 Old 10-15-2013, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:

How did a fugitive Nicholas Brody end up in Caracas, Venezuela? Who shot him, and why? Also, what’s with the shaved head?

The good news: Homeland‘s writers can, in fact, explain themselves....the bad news: You’ll have to download a 29-minute interstitial audio book called Homeland: Phantom Pain to hear them do so. (The good news, again: The book is free! And it’s narrated by Damian Lewis!)...

http://www.audible.com/pd/Arts-Entertainment/Homeland-Phantom-Pain-Audiobook/B00FN4UVF2/ref=a_hp_c1_all_1_1_ga
post #1363 of 1775 Old 10-15-2013, 11:45 AM
KOA
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
SLN should start doing Homeland updates.

Carrie is in a psych ward and on the outs with the CIA.

5 mins later...

This just in... Carrie has been made Deputy Director of the CIA.

5 mins later...

The CIA has announced their DD has entered a mental institution for treatment.

5 mins later...

In a private ceremony today, President Obama has awarded Carrie the nation's highest honor for stopping a major terror incident and has been made head the CIA.

5 mins later...

CIA has announced Carrie has entered a mental institution for treatment.

Repeat
post #1364 of 1775 Old 10-15-2013, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

How did a fugitive Nicholas Brody end up in Caracas, Venezuela? Who shot him, and why? Also, what’s with the shaved head?

The good news: Homeland‘s writers can, in fact, explain themselves....the bad news: You’ll have to download a 29-minute interstitial audio book called Homeland: Phantom Pain to hear them do so. (The good news, again: The book is free! And it’s narrated by Damian Lewis!)...

http://www.audible.com/pd/Arts-Entertainment/Homeland-Phantom-Pain-Audiobook/B00FN4UVF2/ref=a_hp_c1_all_1_1_ga

Thanks for the link. Geez, you think Amazon could have made the process for getting and listening to that audio book any harder?
post #1365 of 1775 Old 10-15-2013, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

That "doctor" gives me the creeps... also child foot soldiers..

So I wonder who wants to recruit Carrie, maybe the Koreans?

That made me laugh biggrin.gif
taxman48 likes this.
post #1366 of 1775 Old 10-15-2013, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 96
North Korea more precisely...

Anyway I also don't know why Brody is shaving his head, he is still recognized like immediately as a wanted terrorist , he should sport a beard at least, Patinkin style..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1367 of 1775 Old 10-15-2013, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 63
Homeland has done a lot of scenes which were later fleshed out with flash backs. I'm sure what happened with Brody will be revealed.
post #1368 of 1775 Old 10-15-2013, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will2007 View Post

Thanks for the link. Geez, you think Amazon could have made the process for getting and listening to that audio book any harder?

yeah it was a pita...having to install that stupid software was annoying...luckily I installed it on one of my backup hard drives
post #1369 of 1775 Old 10-15-2013, 03:16 PM

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by David James View Post

Homeland has done a lot of scenes which were later fleshed out with flash backs. I'm sure what happened with Brody will be revealed.

yes, there seems to be some impatience with the story lines this season. i have no doubt we will eventually get our payoff.
post #1370 of 1775 Old 10-16-2013, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I agree with all above posters, to start an episode with Brody shot, bald and in Caracas was way to far to advance story.. Maybe he took a Carnival cruise ship and it went off course. Give us some tidbit of info about the wound and how he got there..

post #1371 of 1775 Old 10-16-2013, 08:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 490
When I first saw Brody in South America with bullets in his body, I thought that how this came to play out will really be an interesting story. Non-linear storytelling has become common in serialized TV shows, think Breaking Bad, so I wasn't much bothered that the Homeland writers did the same sort of thing. We will no doubt learn what led up to Brody being in South America and getting wounded.
post #1372 of 1775 Old 10-16-2013, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 63
We watched seasons 1 & 2 shot gun style over a matter of a couple of weeks. We've done that with a lot of shows like this. It's so much more satisfying as the continuity issues, like this one, are much more palatable since the delay between episodes is minutes rather then a week.
post #1373 of 1775 Old 10-16-2013, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

We will no doubt learn what led up to Brody being in South America and getting wounded.

the show will not reveal that info...one of the writers confirmed this...you have to download the audiobook to find out that piece of story

post #1374 of 1775 Old 10-16-2013, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Yeah by the end of the episode, the fact that he had been shot seemed to have been forgotten.

I guess the wound was a device to have him stuck in the tower for weeks or months, getting healed and teaching English to the girl and so on.
post #1375 of 1775 Old 10-16-2013, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Brody has to end up back in the Middle East somewhere being a triple agent. Hopefully his daughter will never be seen again after finding Kim Bauer as a roommate and getting a job at Subway.

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #1376 of 1775 Old 10-16-2013, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

Hopefully his daughter will never be seen again after finding Kim Bauer as a roommate and getting a job at Subway.

LOL! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

But I have to admit, I do like Brody's daughter and I think she's very well portrayed by Morgan Saylor (Brody's son otoh has been pretty useless after season 1).
post #1377 of 1775 Old 10-16-2013, 01:33 PM

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

But I have to admit, I do like Brody's daughter and I think she's very well portrayed by Morgan Saylor .

i agree. i haven't understood all the backlash against the dana character this season. i am fascinated by her. especially her secretive intrigue with brody's prayer mat.
post #1378 of 1775 Old 10-17-2013, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

But I have to admit, I do like Brody's daughter and I think she's very well portrayed by Morgan Saylor (Brody's son otoh has been pretty useless after season 1).

I like the actress as well but I think the issue most people have with her is the storylines she is given are not the best...the hit and run story with the VP's son...the new boyfriend this season...the overall rebellious teenager plot has been done a million times on other shows and I was hoping they would take the character in another direction
post #1379 of 1775 Old 10-17-2013, 06:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

I like the actress as well but I think the issue most people have with her is the storylines she is given are not the best...the hit and run story with the VP's son...the new boyfriend this season...the overall rebellious teenager plot has been done a million times on other shows and I was hoping they would take the character in another direction

I'm pretty sure they are. Notice the prayer mat, mimicking her father's behavior?
post #1380 of 1775 Old 10-17-2013, 07:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by LL3HD View Post

Yeah, pretty cool. He also got invited back for a brief "cameo" in Richard Belzer's swan song episode. cool.gif Not sure if that aired yet since I think I'm the only person in the free world who hasn't seen any episode of any L&O-- or any of its siblings. biggrin.gif Homicide is a spinoff of L&O-- right? biggrin.gif

Not the only one (solidarity dude!), but maybe the only New Yorker. wink.gif
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Homeland The Complete First Season , Homeland The Complete Second Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Homeland by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page