post #1621 of 1775 Old 12-03-2013, 07:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

the season has picked up in a major way starting with last week's episode...the showrunner has said all along that the final 4 episodes would be the best...on a side note the final 2 episodes were filmed in Morocco (standing in for Iran)...the original plan was to film in Israel (as they had done the first 2 seasons) but instability in the region led to a change of plans...the scenes in last night's episode depicting the Iran/Iraq border were actually filmed in North Carolina...on another side note, why is killing the head of the Republican Guard so vital?...it's like killing the leader of the CIA here in the USA...he shouldn't have so much power as to effect such major change in Iran

I think the writers have made clear why it is so important for Brody to kill the head of Iranian intelligence. If the head guy dies then Saul's mole, Javadi, is in line to succeed to the official's job, giving Saul a once in a lifetime opportunity to learn what is going on there. Saul is taking a big risk trusting Javadi though. Javadi killed the special forces guy who came across the border with Brody only because Javadi feared that the guy might know about Javadi's complicity with Saul and would give him up under torture. Of course, that sort of thing obviously isn't a problem for Javadi, who also murdered his wife and an innocent nanny, and, oh yea, was also the mastermind behind the CIA bombing. Good luck with that, Saul! smile.gif

I loved this week's episode. I was particularly impressed by the performance of Donnie Keshawarz, who played the old Texas boy special operator who lost a leg when the vehicle he and Brody were in struck a mine or IED. Keshawarz was both convincing and likable. As preposterous as Homeland can be, I continue to love it. It has first class leads and supporting actors who also do great work.
kittycarole likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1775 Old 12-03-2013, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
the special forces team, were they CIA, Seals, etc ???
post #1623 of 1775 Old 12-03-2013, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post

the special forces team, were they CIA, Seals, etc ???

A CIA tack team, and I would guess in real life that would have been a Delta team.
post #1624 of 1775 Old 12-03-2013, 12:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post

A CIA tack team, and I would guess in real life that would have been a Delta team.

Delta Force was what I was thinking too, although the CIA also uses Seal Teams, see Osama bin Laden. Wherever they come from, special operators are scary dudes. By the way, following this week's show there was an interview with the producer who said the episode had been written by a former special forces guy.
post #1625 of 1775 Old 12-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

Delta Force was what I was thinking too, although the CIA also uses Seal Teams, see Osama bin Laden. Wherever they come from, special operators are scary dudes. By the way, following this week's show there was an interview with the producer who said the episode had been written by a former special forces guy.

Deltas are trained and set up to be clandestine, to blend in with locales to gather information and care off missions. The very first SF operators were part of what was called OSS, Office of Strategic Services, one of the US intelligence organization in WW II, that became the CIA as the story goes, and you would not believe some of the Vet Nam missions, any one have a paint brush but I'll be dame if I can remember what it was called, pacification, or the vetnamzation of the Vet Nam war.
post #1626 of 1775 Old 12-03-2013, 07:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil17108 View Post

Deltas are trained and set up to be clandestine, to blend in with locales to gather information and care off missions. The very first SF operators were part of what was called OSS, Office of Strategic Services, one of the US intelligence organization in WW II, that became the CIA as the story goes, and you would not believe some of the Vet Nam missions, any one have a paint brush but I'll be dame if I can remember what it was called, pacification, or the vetnamzation of the Vet Nam war.

A high school classmate and good friend graduated from the University of Oklahoma and went to law school at Georgetown. He went to work for the CIA in the '60s but couldn't even admit that he was a "Company" employee until after he retired 30 plus years later. They are a close mouthed bunch, to say the least.
post #1627 of 1775 Old 12-06-2013, 04:50 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatfishJohn View Post

This was the best 45 minutes of TV I've seen in awhile. I loved Brody"s transformation, Carrie's sensitivity, and Saul's ruthlessness and seeming integrity. Fantastic performances all around. Bravo.

Lewis should win an award for this episode. Stellar acting.

David M.
post #1628 of 1775 Old 12-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I saw a tweet yesterday that led me to a video clip of a recent Mandy Pitinkin appearance on Live with Kelly and Michael.

Wow, he looks younger without that giant beard on his face. He said he shaved it off as soon as they were done shooting.
post #1629 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 05:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Tremendous episode last night. I didn't see that coming! Brody sure lead us onto think he was foiling the plan. Surprise surprise tongue.gif

Season finale next week, that was fast. Felt like Homeland just premiered last month.

Some people speculate that Brody will end up dead in the season finale. Homeland has run its course with Brody and the show runners wanna start fresh next season. Although, if Carrie is carrying his baby he may make it out alive.
post #1630 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 63
The idea that they would kill off either Brody or Carrie is ludicrous.
post #1631 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 06:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Not sure if that preview scene of Carrie for next week depicted torture or premature birth. Quite a request to Carrie from Brody to help him escape! -- John
post #1632 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-Master View Post

Ha. I guess they are stars of the show.
post #1633 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 08:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Tremendous episode last night. I didn't see that coming! Brody sure lead us onto think he was foiling the plan. Surprise surprise tongue.gif

Season finale next week, that was fast. Felt like Homeland just premiered last month.

Some people speculate that Brody will end up dead in the season finale. Homeland has run its course with Brody and the show runners wanna start fresh next season. Although, if Carrie is carrying his baby he may make it out alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD-Master View Post

Quote:

Ha. I guess they are stars of the show.

I don't know whether the notion that Brody might be killed off is "ludicrous," although I agree that it is extremely unlikely. In Carrie's case, though, we agree that any thought of killing her off is "ludicrous" indeed. Claire Danes' Carrie isn't going anywhere.

Despite its frequent preposterousness, I am continuing to love Homeland. Dane, Lewis, and Patinkin are all so awesomely talented that I can easily forgive the show's silliness and enjoy its stars performances as tortured spies. Also, it is still exciting as hell! smile.gif
post #1634 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mason View Post

Not sure if that preview scene of Carrie for next week depicted torture or premature birth. Quite a request to Carrie from Brody to help him escape! -- John

I didn't notice that. I saw mostly scenes from previous episodes, including one after Quinn shot her in the arm and she was screaming on the gurney in the ambulance. Is that the scene you saw?
post #1635 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 08:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My suspension of disbelief was torn beyond repair at that plot point. He fooled everyone, including Carrie during that mobile phone call. Why? Or did he suddenly change his mind again? It was unbelievable - the king of unbelievable moments thus far amongst many over the past 2 seasons.
post #1636 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougotte View Post

My suspension of disbelief was torn beyond repair at that plot point. He fooled everyone, including Carrie during that mobile phone call. Why? Or did he suddenly change his mind again? It was unbelievable - the king of unbelievable moments thus far amongst many over the past 2 seasons.

Part of me thinks once he realized the security minister was behind everything he made the decision to whack him. IE He changed his mind at that moment.
post #1637 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 10:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 215
My take:
I don't think Brody went there planning to kill the guy. It was the revelation that Nazir had been there that changed his mind. I think Brody is out for himself now, tired of being manipulated and used by both sides.
post #1638 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mason View Post

They didn't show scenes fron next week at all. They only showed a montage of what has happened this season.
post #1639 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 10:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

I didn't notice that. I saw mostly scenes from previous episodes, including one after Quinn shot her in the arm and she was screaming on the gurney in the ambulance. Is that the scene you saw?
That must have been it. Forgot that snippet. -- John
post #1640 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

My take:
I don't think Brody went there planning to kill the guy. It was the revelation that Nazir had been there that changed his mind. I think Brody is out for himself now, tired of being manipulated and used by both sides.

You explanation (and Zalusky's) makes sense. My belief is restored! Thanks.

Now, how about this one: He suddenly becomes a hero in the revolutionaries' eyes, so his guard lets him wander around by himself in the garden outside the mosque. Absolutely no one is watching him when he begins a long, suspicious mobile conversation in plain view of hundreds of people!

Oh, back to Akbari's office at the end: his office isn't bugged, so no one hears what they said, nor the suspicious noises that follow?
post #1641 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

My take:

Agreed.
post #1642 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Now, how about this one: He suddenly becomes a hero in the revolutionaries' eyes, so his guard lets him wander around by himself in the garden outside the mosque. Absolutely no one is watching him when he begins a long, suspicious mobile conversation in plain view of hundreds of people!

Oh, back to Akbari's office at the end: his office isn't bugged, so no one hears what they said, nor the suspicious noises that follow?

Man, I thought the same thing! Akbari went down pretty hard and it sure made a noise. Nobody hurt that? I would think his security would be right outside the door to rush-in if there was an emergency.
post #1643 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I don't know how much time Akbari's guards will wait to be called, they will begin to be suspicious and barge in the office.

Can't wait for next week.. if they are killing anyone it could be Saul (since Mandy shaved his beard he may not continue on the show I don't think he can regrow it that fast for next season)

I also predict Carrie will lose the baby in the aftermath..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1644 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I don't know how much time Akbari's guards will wait to be called, they will begin to be suspicious and barge in the office.

Can't wait for next week.. if they are killing anyone it could be Saul (since Mandy shaved his beard he may not continue on the show I don't think he can regrow it that fast for next season)

I also predict Carrie will lose the baby in the aftermath..
Really? I can grow a full beard in less than a few weeks, which is pretty normal
post #1645 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdchrgrboy View Post

Really? I can grow a full beard in less than a few weeks, which is pretty normal

Or Saul is going to dump the beard. Lots of ways to put that in the story.
post #1646 of 1775 Old 12-09-2013, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:

Disney Land Iran Huh? Oh, love how miss pale face and the Mossad agents are just hanging around the security compound
with Binoculars and it's no big deal. Next weeks escape should be a real howler.
post #1647 of 1775 Old 12-14-2013, 09:04 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I heard reports that the season finale is stunning. The episode leaked and people are watching it.

Can't wait! biggrin.gif
kittycarole likes this.
post #1648 of 1775 Old 12-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:

I heard reports that the season finale is stunning. The episode leaked and people are watching it.

Can't wait! biggrin.gif

Sunday night is going to be busy. The season finale of Survivor is Sunday night as well as Masters Of Sex. We'll have to watch Survivor live because it is too easy to get spoiled as to the winner online the next day. Homeland is going to have to wait till Monday night but I have to agree that, despite several eye rolling plot points, the last few episodes have been spectacular.
post #1649 of 1775 Old 12-14-2013, 11:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Can't wait! biggrin.gif

Yeah, I can't wait for the Homeland season finale either. The series reminds me of 24 in that both shows require one to crank up suspension of disbelief to a nearly intolerable level. I don't mind doing that in Homeland because its ensemble cast is so remarkably talented. Danes, Lewis, and Patinkin are wonderful, of course, but Rupert Friend, as Peter Quinn, and F. Murray Abraham, as Dar Adal have done terrific work too.
post #1650 of 1775 Old 12-14-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:

Can't wait! biggrin.gif

Don't temp me wink.gif

As much as I've trashed the show, I'm curious.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Homeland The Complete First Season , Homeland The Complete Second Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Homeland by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page