post #1981 of 2007 Old 12-09-2014, 02:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post
The Ambassador had more steel in her spine than Lockhart and read the situation more accurately. As tough as the choice was, Lockhart saved some lives at the cost of many more out in the field.
And it was futile anyway. The beautiful woman of the show is dead. First Beth in The Walking Dead and now this....

Edit: I am disappointed in Carrie's "friend" in the IS! He should have punched that awful woman in the face and call the backup anyway.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1982 of 2007 Old 12-09-2014, 06:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1214 Post(s)
Liked: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
And it was futile anyway. The beautiful woman of the show is dead. First Beth in The Walking Dead and now this....

Edit: I am disappointed in Carrie's "friend" in the IS! He should have punched that awful woman in the face and call the backup anyway.

She has more power than he does. That's why she so easily kept him in check hitting her would have been most likely a death sentence.

Sent from an system/360
gwsat likes this.
post #1983 of 2007 Old 12-09-2014, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This 'classified box' is going to be like the '24' "football". Great episode. Too bad about Fara.

XBL: mmjp08 PSN: mikeny1
post #1984 of 2007 Old 12-09-2014, 08:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeny View Post
This 'classified box' is going to be like the '24' "football". Great episode. Too bad about Fara.
Yeah, the show is getting more 24-esque all the time, and that's not a bad thing. I think this season's principal bad guy, Haissam Haqqani, has been great. His brutality has been breathtaking, as has been his incredible intelligence. He has been at least three moves ahead of the CIA at every turn. I really want to see him get what is coming to him, in the most humiliating and painful way possible. It's really fun to have a bad guy who is as eminently hatable as Haqqani.
baja7475 likes this.
post #1985 of 2007 Old 12-09-2014, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Yeah, the show is getting more 24-esque all the time, and that's not a bad thing. I think this season's principal bad guy, Haissam Haqqani, has been great. His brutality has been breathtaking, as has been his incredible intelligence. He has been at least three moves ahead of the CIA at every turn. I really want to see him get what is coming to him, in the most humiliating and painful way possible. It's really fun to have a bad guy who is as eminently hatable as Haqqani.
I don't have a problem with that direction either. '24' with all of its implausibility, forever escalating and resolving story arcs was great action packed TV for years.

I agree that Haqqani is quite a believable disturbing terrorist. It's hard to imagine that actor slapping Patinkin on the back and having a beer with him in 'real life'. Hope he 'gets his' soon. Are there two episodes left?

post #1986 of 2007 Old 12-09-2014, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
Should have stored the records in "The Cloud"..
Or even better, in the Sony Entertainment Division's digital archive. The hackers would have gotten ultra top secret CIA documents instead of advance copies of what looks to be a gawd awful remake of "Annie".
post #1987 of 2007 Old 12-09-2014, 09:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 563
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeny View Post
Are there two episodes left?
Yep, the last two episodes of the season play next Sunday and the Sunday after that.
post #1988 of 2007 Old 12-09-2014, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
Yep, the last two episodes of the season play next Sunday and the Sunday after that.
Great. Thanks.

post #1989 of 2007 Old 12-09-2014, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 112
As others have correctly pointed out this was the best episode of the season so far. For me its been bittersweet as Iam currently catching up with The Americans on FX which reminds me so much of the early seasons of Homeland.

For anyone who yearns for something like the good old days of Homeland- I strongly recommend The Americans. It's one heck of a show
post #1990 of 2007 Old 12-09-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Since they didn't bother to open the "box" maybe it has a failsafe, like acid or ink will ruin the papers inside if opened improperly, if they could on DaVinci Code with ancient tech, I can't imagine why not with modern tech.

I agree they killed the pretty one in the show... RIP Fara

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1991 of 2007 Old 12-14-2014, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member

That was an interesting ending. So are we looking at another CIA traitor or is he getting safe haven for ratting out more worse bad guys?
post #1992 of 2007 Old 12-14-2014, 11:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post
That was an interesting ending. So are we looking at another CIA traitor or is he getting safe haven for ratting out more worse bad guys?

Or has he been working with CIA the entire time which is why he has had such a "green card" through the series. I liked the ending which is actually making some of the previews of the season connect now.

Sent from an system/360
post #1993 of 2007 Old 12-15-2014, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quinn! just blow the bomb man! Yeah Carrie was close but was she close enough to suffer a serious injury? oh well, at least we know that Adal was there..

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #1994 of 2007 Old 12-15-2014, 11:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post
Quinn! just blow the bomb man! Yeah Carrie was close but was she close enough to suffer a serious injury? oh well, at least we know that Adal was there..

Yes she was that was a lot of c4...that entire section of protesters would have been eradicated.

Sent from an system/360
post #1995 of 2007 Old 12-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
Yes she was that was a lot of c4...that entire section of protesters would have been eradicated.
No loss if they are such great of a fan of a mass murderer.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #1996 of 2007 Old 12-16-2014, 01:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 48
How nice that Quinn's old girlfriend is still in town, doesn't bear a grudge and still has some of his old clothes lying around, not to mention that she has no qualms at all with helping him make a bomb. My only real point to nitpick otherwise another good episode. That and finally getting around to addressing Carrie's father's death which I thought would be coming at some point since the actor that played him had died sometime ago. Nicely played by Danes balancing all those emotions with so many people dying around and away from her, getting to see her daughter, while still having to stay focused on Quinn.
post #1997 of 2007 Old 12-16-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
we all know how this show works. Obviously, Dar Adal would be undercover for the CIA, claiming he is a traitor to the US/CIA but obviously working for us.

But we know in real life, Al Queda was smart enough to never rely on "outsiders" to avoid other countries to infiltrate their ranks. I know the group was not Al Queda and more Taliban-like, but a bit fantasy-like to think someone from the CIA could infiltrate that high, especially an important CIA spy
Chere likes this.
post #1998 of 2007 Old 12-16-2014, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^ All the more reason that this last episode seemed like an improbable plot turn of events straight out of 24. The fact they're asking us to do a complete 360 and try to have us believe that Carrie is suddenly wussing out when nothing about her character till this point says otherwise and conveniently add the potential CIA mole in the mix in this development is utterly ludicrous. They just didn't lay the foundation at all for such a quick turn of events and the timing was completely off. I actually was thinking that I maybe missed a complete episode before this one and that's how disconnected this whole episode felt. Quinn's ex and her father's death were just thrown into the mix to make this work but I didn't buy it. Probably the weakest episode of an otherwise stellar season so far.

Let's hope it recovers this week
post #1999 of 2007 Old 12-16-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Today's headlines, about the Taliban in Pakistan claiming responsibility for killing 125 school children, plus countless similar incidents, like the one that just led to a Nobel prize for a young girl, needs a little fictional syncing up with all those crowds cheering on Haqqani. Fiction-wise they're cheering a leader who is killing western infidels, but doubt many--including their CIA equivalent supposedly lending support--want him directing the slaughter of their children. -- John
post #2000 of 2007 Old 12-16-2014, 08:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
^^^ All the more reason that this last episode seemed like an improbable plot turn of events straight out of 24. The fact they're asking us to do a complete 360 and try to have us believe that Carrie is suddenly wussing out when nothing about her character till this point says otherwise and conveniently add the potential CIA mole in the mix in this development is utterly ludicrous. They just didn't lay the foundation at all for such a quick turn of events and the timing was completely off. I actually was thinking that I maybe missed a complete episode before this one and that's how disconnected this whole episode felt. Quinn's ex and her father's death were just thrown into the mix to make this work but I didn't buy it. Probably the weakest episode of an otherwise stellar season so far.

Let's hope it recovers this week

A 360? Don't you mean 180?

They actually did lay the groundwork for her "wussing" out. With her not taking her meds regularly as well as other events she has not been as convicted as she has been in previous seasons. She is also away from her emotional base of her family which has been her true strength and armor throughout the previous seasons. Her emotions have had the better of her this past season where before she could "control" them.

Sent from an system/360
post #2001 of 2007 Old 12-16-2014, 10:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1182 Post(s)
Liked: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
A 360? Don't you mean 180?
Perhaps he meant a Linda Blair head-turn, which would actually be appropriate for all the head-jerking we are being subjected to.
Chere likes this.
post #2002 of 2007 Unread Yesterday, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 25
What an absolute dud of a finale...
post #2003 of 2007 Unread Today, 02:56 AM
AVS Special Member

It was unexpected to say the least. It's like the writers felt they were going full 24 and decided to tone it down the last 2 episodes and come back to the emotional and thoughtfulness aspect of what made this show great in the early days. It didn't work for me. These last two episodes were not up to par but overall the previous 10 episodes were more than enough to make this a huge improvement compared to last season.

Hard to believe but "The Americans" on FX is now the better show going into next season.

Last edited by Chere; Today at 03:00 AM.
post #2004 of 2007 Unread Today, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 143
The writers just let all the air out of the tires of this out-of-warranty and lost its new car smell of a show.
post #2005 of 2007 Unread Today, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 115
As has been said really bad episode. I appreciate them wanting to give James Rebhorn a send off but it just seemed so out of place for a season finally. Maybe had they condensed the elements of episodes 1-11 to fit into the first 10 and then had this episode be the 11th with a finale that deals with Carrie finding out about Quinn leaving and Saul possibly selling out it would have made more sense.

My Basement HT/Gaming/Bar Space.

Official Hip Hop Thread

Equipment

Epson 8350 on a 100" Visual Apex screen, Pioneer VSX-53, Polk RTi A5(x2) CSi 5 RTi A1 (x2) RTi 4(x2), Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, PS3, XBox 360 with HD-DVD add-on.
post #2006 of 2007 Unread Today, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 82
I totally agree, the last 10 minutes were the best. I kept waiting for something to happen then it was 9:50 pm..When did Homeland turn into the soap opera "Days of Our (CIA) Lives?"..

post #2007 of 2007 Unread Today, 09:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 19
i thought is was just me who thought that last night was a bit of a letdown. It felt more like a mid-season episode that would lead to something big

instead we have to wait most of 2015 to find out if Quinn dies (probably) in the raid in Syria, and if/when Saul gets back in charge of the CIA
can Dar Adall really be trusted?

the episode felt like the Newsroom series finale without the singing
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Homeland The Complete First Season , Homeland The Complete Second Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Homeland by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page