Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 1775 Old 11-06-2011, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Wow

Tremendous episode tonight. Good thinking on her part about the Faithful to your wife question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1775 Old 11-06-2011, 08:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Wow

Tremendous episode tonight. Good thinking on her part about the Faithful to your wife question.

Why do you think she screwed him in the first place? It's called manipulation and she's very good at it.
post #183 of 1775 Old 11-06-2011, 10:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 381
I figured she was just drunk and horny!

Afro GT
post #184 of 1775 Old 11-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I am still seriously dubious about her actions this episode. Telling the man she's sure is a terrorist about the nature of the polygraph test? Much less sleeping with him? Makes no sense considering how passionate she is about her job and what's at risk. They'd better have a great twist or master plan unfold in the next few episodes to explain it all.
post #185 of 1775 Old 11-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I thought Carrie got too drunk and then messed up by telling Brody the subject of the lie detector test.

Because when he lied about cheating on his wife and it didn't register as a lie, she knew he was fooling the test.

If it was her plan to drunkenly tell him about the test, why didn't she tell Saul at the test facility how she knew Brody was lying?
post #186 of 1775 Old 11-06-2011, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post

Why do you think she screwed him in the first place? It's called manipulation and she's very good at it.

Agree - very aggressive. She'll keep it up to gain more access and likely blow her career in the process.

Anyone notice Saul passed the test just like Brody.
He answered No and then Yes to the same question without a movement on the machine.
post #187 of 1775 Old 11-06-2011, 11:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoJames View Post

I thought Carrie got too drunk and then messed up by telling Brody the subject of the lie detector test.

Because when he lied about cheating on his wife and it didn't register as a lie, she knew he was fooling the test.

If it was her plan to drunkenly tell him about the test, why didn't she tell Saul at the test facility how she knew Brody was lying?

Because Saul would never approve of her sleeping with Brody to get information.

My impression of the drunk/sex scene was that Carrie was in total control and got the one up on Brody (which is different from their interaction outside his support group meeting, where I thought Carrie was in over her head and Brody played her like a fiddle).

Telling him about the razor question didn't allow him to beat the test because he clearly had no idea the adultery question was coming and still beat it anyway. The question is: why did he lie about the adultery thing? I'm assuming we'll find out quickly, given out how the episode ended. But it seems to me the right course of action would've been to just admit to adultery. No one would question it. Everyone knows he and his wife are having relationship problems.

I loved the way the Saul thing played out on the lie detector. What a well placed red herring--your first reaction is, Saul might be guilty. But then it becomes clear that Saul isn't guilty, and the test is just not all that reliable. Saul even makes the point that they often have to go to through the lie detector several times to get the right result--apparently due to stress and blood pressure issues. And then they prove just how unreliable it is by having Brody ace the test in a clear lie.

If there's one thing that didn't make sense--they go through all this effort to show that the test isn't foolproof, and then Carrie acts like Brody must be superhuman because he beat the test.
post #188 of 1775 Old 11-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by URFloorMatt View Post

Telling him about the razor question didn't allow him to beat the test because he clearly had no idea the adultery question was coming and still beat it anyway. The question is: why did he lie about the adultery thing? I'm assuming we'll find out quickly, given out how the episode ended. But it seems to me the right course of action would've been to just admit to adultery. No one would question it. Everyone knows he and his wife are having relationship problems.

When he lied about being unfaithful, he looked right into the camera and said No. He knew Carrie was watching, and he knows that she is the only person that will know that is a lie.

And I'm not sure what you mean that telling him about the test didn't allow him to beat it. Wouldn't he have taken some type of sedative so that the machine wouldn't pick up anything to beat the test? That would have worked on the razor question and the adultery question.
post #189 of 1775 Old 11-07-2011, 04:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoJames View Post

She is a CIA field agent, and a beautiful woman. This is all SOP for her, using booze and/or sex to manipulate men is second nature. I doubt that getting drunk would cause her to lose control.
post #190 of 1775 Old 11-07-2011, 06:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Isn't domestic issue within the jurisdiction of FBI instead of CIA?

HDPLEX
post #191 of 1775 Old 11-07-2011, 07:21 AM

Great episode can't wait for next episode (where in white blonde is caught at the border and where in someone says '...a pow was turned'. This reminds me a lot of a similar preview in Rubicon near end of the series. How many more episodes to go?
post #192 of 1775 Old 11-07-2011, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 89
I love these 30 secs or less "coitus" scenes.. LOL...

I think Carrie also lied about taking illegal drugs while on the CIA, she is still taking them...

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
post #193 of 1775 Old 11-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I think Carrie also lied about taking illegal drugs while on the CIA, she is still taking them...

Yeah the poly showed that response.

Killing the suspected terrorist was a real jolt - I did not see that coming. Having the girl be the real terrorist and an American was inspiring. Shows that ya never know what's out there.

"I shall not commit the fashionable stupidity of regarding everything I cannot explain as a fraud." - C.G.Jung

post #194 of 1775 Old 11-07-2011, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

The anti-psychotic drugs that she's taking are legal but how she is getting them is now bordering on illegal for her and her sister. Brody's perfromance on the polygraph was absolutely chilling. When Carrie tried to trip him up on the infidelity question, he was ice cold in responding. It raises a lot of questions about whether he was trained to beat the test and, if so, where and when. Ironically, the original Manchurian Candidate was on TV Saturday and those scenes in which the POWs think that they are at a ladies tea party are still very powerful with, of course, the great Khigh Dhiegh as the chief "lady".
post #195 of 1775 Old 11-07-2011, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Thank you for the correction. I could have sworn someone else posted it as well, but can't find it now. They mentioned it was on the CCD that it was Hebrew. Either way he is/was fluent in Arabic and Hebrew

I don't think we know he's fluent in Hebrew. Any moderately observant Jew knows the Kaddish (Prayer for the Dead) from memory, at least the first few lines of it that we saw him recite. It's recited at nearly every synagogue service, and transliterated in every prayer book. It's one of those things you sort of pick up from osmosis even if you don't know Hebrew but attend services regularly.

He may or may not be fluent, we just can't deduce that from what we saw.
post #196 of 1775 Old 11-07-2011, 02:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
I hate to nit pick an excellent show. Carries shouts to the examiner to "ask him again" is way out of line since I believe Brody would have heard her. At the same time, since no response was shown I guess Brody is really "cool".

I didn't notice any earphones on the examiner so I assume Brody could hear her.

Also, Saul being examined by a friend is way out of line I should think.

For the most part, wasn't Carrie "sipping" the booze for the most part?

Mikey Mo
"Survived Charley, Frances & Ivan. But Jeanne got me."
Anxiously Awaiting 2014 Hurricane Season.
"OAR OR DIE"
They killed the SACD. Bring it back.

post #197 of 1775 Old 11-07-2011, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey mo View Post

I hate to nit pick an excellent show. Carries shouts to the examiner to "ask him again" is way out of line since I believe Brody would have heard her. At the same time, since no response was shown I guess Brody is really "cool".

I didn't notice any earphones on the examiner so I assume Brody could hear her.

Also, Saul being examined by a friend is way out of line I should think.

For the most part, wasn't Carrie "sipping" the booze for the most part?

Have you ever heard of earbuds? Of course the examiner had one. That room was an interrogation room. It is soundproof from the inside to the outside. The examiner was not a friend, he was an employee who has does this numerous time with every CIA person. He knows them all and they all know him....

Bobby 

post #198 of 1775 Old 11-08-2011, 04:42 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Great show. Love this series.
post #199 of 1775 Old 11-08-2011, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
1) The polygraph has never been proven to be scientifically accurate, so I'm surprised they put so much faith in it. If Brody faked the results, Saul could have as well. Actually, David and Carrie could have, as well.
2) Carrie wasn't drunk; she sipped and faked it.
3) As soon as the couple pulled into the farmhouse driveway, I knew it was a setup to knock them off. Now that the CIA are on their tail, they're too much of a liability to keep alive. My only surprise was that the blonde cut and ran. If she was indoctrinated as a terrorist, you would think she'd be willing to sacrifice herself for the cause.

Doug
post #200 of 1775 Old 11-08-2011, 07:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Beating the polygraph is standard training for most military and civilian intelligence operatives. I agree it was a very unlikely scenario to include in the story.
post #201 of 1775 Old 11-08-2011, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
The polygraph scenes were indeed central and interesting. Both Brody and Saul seemingly gave suspect answers, leaving the question of guilt open on both of them. The show continues to be very good and maintains a high dose of intrigue despite the heavy inference that Brody is fully turned.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #202 of 1775 Old 11-09-2011, 03:35 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I'm enjoying this show a lot and can't add much to what's been said. Now we need to see who succeeded in killing the prof and is chasing the woman. Previews looked good.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #203 of 1775 Old 11-09-2011, 04:03 AM

Liked: 11
Yeah, seemed too easy to say the woman is a terrorist. She has appeared scared from the beginning but tried to calm her husband. I think there is definitely more to that story line.
post #204 of 1775 Old 11-09-2011, 07:42 AM

Sounds to me like the polygraph was messed with that day, nothing made a blip on it. Don't they need to establish a baseline by having them tell a lie or something? Saul's answer the previous day might not have been a red herring...
post #205 of 1775 Old 11-09-2011, 09:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post

Sounds to me like the polygraph was messed with that day, nothing made a blip on it. Don't they need to establish a baseline by having them tell a lie or something? Saul's answer the previous day might not have been a red herring...

The whole idea of giving a polygraph someone who knows in advance the big question (who passed the razor blade to the prisoner) is just beyond belief- with that in mind, it's no wonder he (Saul) passed on the second go-round.

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...."

post #206 of 1775 Old 11-09-2011, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

The whole idea of giving a polygraph someone who knows in advance the big question (who passed the razor blade to the prisoner) is just beyond belief- with that in mind, it's no wonder he (Saul) passed on the second go-round.

He knew the first time, too.

larry

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. -- Thomas Alva Edison
post #207 of 1775 Old 11-09-2011, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4theLuvofHD View Post

Yeah, seemed too easy to say the woman is a terrorist. She has appeared scared from the beginning but tried to calm her husband. I think there is definitely more to that story line.

JMHO but it appeared that she.was.the leader of the two. She was the one in contact with.those in charge. It appeared that the professor was in it because of her. In the end she was in survival mode.

As far as the polygraph goes. Saul was.telling the truth then when it came to the passing the razor he went off the scales. When the administrator was about to ask him again he left in a hurry. The next time he.calmed himself.down and was a "flat line" Carrie failed on illegal drugs because technically they are illegal. The only prescription she has is from her sister and they are.from samples, ect. If she had gotten them legally she would lose her position due to her mental instability.
post #208 of 1775 Old 11-09-2011, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Carrie failed on illegal drugs because technically they are illegal. The only prescription she has is from her sister and they are.from samples, ect. If she had gotten them legally she would lose her position due to her mental instability.

She also stole some from her father when her sister was not home.

A little bit more trivia about the medicine she takes semi-legally. Getting a normal prescription would require quarterly blood tests to check for major side effects.
post #209 of 1775 Old 11-13-2011, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Fantastic. Real emotional episode.
post #210 of 1775 Old 11-13-2011, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member

Tonight's episode seems to change the whole story around.

The truth came pouring out. But Brody could still be working for the terrorists since he continues to lie about killing Walker.

Unless Nazir told him had killed Walker, but the beating actually only injured him.
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Homeland The Complete First Season , Homeland The Complete Second Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread - Homeland by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page