Homeland on SHO - Page 73 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 216Likes

post #2161 of 2405 Old 11-04-2015, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Liked: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalav View Post
Question about Allison: as station head she had access to the hacked/stolen files. Given that, why were her Comrades after the hacker for those files? Couldn't she have provided the files to them at any time?

Or is it a matter of the Russians needing the files to ensure there are no further leaks to the public (due to certain sensitive content we haven't been made aware of yet?)

the hacker Gabe H. Coud wanted to leak the info contained in those files to the public...everyone else wants to keep the contents classified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 2405 Old 11-04-2015, 11:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1511 Post(s)
Liked: 1602
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I don't think it's a personal thing...the Russians are after Carrie because they think she’s the source of the hacked CIA documents...back in Episode 1 they showed Allison finding out that Carrie and Laura had met (when Laura needed Carrie to confirm that the documents were real) and she assumed Carrie was in cahoots with her
I think you are right that the attempts to kill Carrie were a conspiracy involving both Allison and the Russians. Allison and the Russian, Ivan, discussed the hit on Carrie, which they both thought had been successful, when they met in the parking garage.
post #2163 of 2405 Old 11-04-2015, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Carrie was a personal hit put out by Allison. She wanted Carrie dead most likely because with her gone Saul is much easier to control.
Could be but then again, when Allison saw the "proof of death" picture of Carrie her reaction was not what you would have expected. She seemed very shaken. If Carrie was the real target in the visit to Libya, would Allison alone have been able to engineer that? I would think that the risks of exposure would have been immense. I think that Allison is a tool being used by whoever is scripting this conspiracy, whether it's the Russians or perhaps proxies acting for them. The writing has been very clever so it's hard to predict who the real players are.
post #2164 of 2405 Old 11-04-2015, 05:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 4173 Post(s)
Liked: 3481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post
Could be but then again, when Allison saw the "proof of death" picture of Carrie her reaction was not what you would have expected. She seemed very shaken. If Carrie was the real target in the visit to Libya, would Allison alone have been able to engineer that? I would think that the risks of exposure would have been immense. I think that Allison is a tool being used by whoever is scripting this conspiracy, whether it's the Russians or perhaps proxies acting for them. The writing has been very clever so it's hard to predict who the real players are.

I never said she did it alone, just that Carrie was a personal target for her she obviously used the Russian's help to get it done.....I agree about the writing and characters. Time will tell what her real motives are.

Sent from nowhere
gwsat likes this.
post #2165 of 2405 Old 11-05-2015, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 42
did Carrie ever go back on her meds? she seemed pretty normal in this week's episode, compared to the previous when she told her German boy friend that she stopped them
post #2166 of 2405 Old 11-05-2015, 11:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post
did Carrie ever go back on her meds? she seemed pretty normal in this week's episode, compared to the previous when she told her German boy friend that she stopped them

It was never shown that she did, but people are assuming she is. For me, I thought she was still off them. There will be points even off meds where she seems "normal".

Sent from nowhere
post #2167 of 2405 Old 11-05-2015, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 335
She's not suppose to be an operational person. Yet she knows how to shoot a high-powered rifle and thinks quick enough to ram into that car so the assassin wouldn't kill Quinn.
post #2168 of 2405 Old 11-05-2015, 12:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
She's not suppose to be an operational person. Yet she knows how to shoot a high-powered rifle and thinks quick enough to ram into that car so the assassin wouldn't kill Quinn.

She's not operational now, but has been a spy for some time now. I am sure she has various training that includes multiple weapons and automobile maneuvers.

Sent from nowhere
post #2169 of 2405 Old 11-05-2015, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 335
I think originally she was conceived as a spy like someone out of John Le Carre, not some female James Bond.

But I guess they decided to change things up by now.

Hell in a couple of seasons, she'll be as bad as Jack Bauer, since one of the producers did 24.
post #2170 of 2405 Old 11-05-2015, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 793 Post(s)
Liked: 631
Quote:

that's the one thing that annoys me about the show...every single season they need to have a 'Carrie goes off her meds' part...it was interesting and fun the first 1 or 2 times but c'mon we don't need to see this every single season
acebreathe likes this.
post #2171 of 2405 Old 11-05-2015, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 67
First 4 episodes this year were quite strong - this last one was the inevitable going-off-the-rails point.
post #2172 of 2405 Old 11-05-2015, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
It was never shown that she did, but people are assuming she is. For me, I thought she was still off them. There will be points even off meds where she seems "normal".

Sent from nowhere
Surely Quinn put her on them once he picked her up.
post #2173 of 2405 Old 11-05-2015, 01:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokar View Post
Have to agree, Saul and Allison having a relationship is really stupid on Saul's part for a number of reasons and he's always been depicted as the smart one. That bugs me but at least it's obviously going to be over soon.
That's the thing. Saul is portrayed as smart, but a lot of horrendous disasters have occurred under his and Carrie's watch. They definitely aren't written as infallible heroes. One of the underlying themes of the series is how the US constantly sticks its nose where it doesn't belong and makes everyone more miserable than they were before.

I also liked Astrid's witty remark to Carrie that the NYT writer quoted: “Nice wig! Very retro. You look like one of the Baader-Meinhof gang.” Hilarious, in a cynical way.
post #2174 of 2405 Old 11-05-2015, 02:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
I think originally she was conceived as a spy like someone out of John Le Carre, not some female James Bond.

But I guess they decided to change things up by now.

Hell in a couple of seasons, she'll be as bad as Jack Bauer, since one of the producers did 24.

Since when does ramming a shooter with a car and shooting a sniper rifle (both probably basic training) turn her into James Bond? She's always been skilled with guns and very good at evasion (counter terrorism tactics). I haven't seen much of a stretch from what they have shown in previous seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman View Post
Surely Quinn put her on them once he picked her up.

Maybe, but we don't know since the one they have been together has been short and they haven't had much downtime.

Sent from nowhere
post #2175 of 2405 Old 11-05-2015, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Since when does ramming a shooter with a car and shooting a sniper rifle (both probably basic training) turn her into James Bond? She's always been skilled with guns and very good at evasion (counter terrorism tactics). I haven't seen much of a stretch from what they have shown in previous seasons.

Maybe, but we don't know since the one they have been together has been short and they haven't had much downtime.

Sent from nowhere
Screenwriting tip. You don't have to show everything.
post #2176 of 2405 Old 11-05-2015, 04:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman View Post
Screenwriting tip. You don't have to show everything.

But but but how will we know?!?!

Sent from nowhere
post #2177 of 2405 Old 11-05-2015, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 716
We know who put the hit on Carrie, but what baffles me is how Allison knew about the assassination setup. Even though Saul is bedding Allison I cannot see him giving up that information. It is way too sensitive. He might have shared with Dar Adel since that's right up his alley. If that' s the case I hope Dar Adal is not the culprit as he is too interesting to loose as a character.
post #2178 of 2405 Old 11-07-2015, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
We know who put the hit on Carrie, but what baffles me is how Allison knew about the assassination setup. Even though Saul is bedding Allison I cannot see him giving up that information. It is way too sensitive. He might have shared with Dar Adel since that's right up his alley. If that' s the case I hope Dar Adal is not the culprit as he is too interesting to loose as a character.
They probably just had somebody follow Saul to the Post Office and listened in on his conversation w/ Quinn. Saul and Quinn weren't being very careful there.
post #2179 of 2405 Old 11-08-2015, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Can someone remind me why Saul is so pissed off at Carrie for from last season?
post #2180 of 2405 Old 11-08-2015, 09:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Can someone remind me why Saul is so pissed off at Carrie for from last season?

It was when she left the CIA and basically "high and dry". They discussed it a couple of times briefly this season.

I am really enjoying this season. The feel of the show is def more season one than season four. Going to be interesting to see how Allison handles the pressure now that Saul called the Russians out (even though no one believes him at the moment). I am also interested in seeing how the Quinn line rides out. He came in and casted doubt pretty quickly which makes me think the guy he killed was not well liked/trusted. He is a survivor and could probably easily blend in with that group until he is healed. What would be a total mind frack if Quinn really turned. I don't think they have the gusto to do it, but that would be something big.

Sent from nowhere
gwsat and hunter65 like this.
post #2181 of 2405 Old 11-09-2015, 05:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It was when she left the CIA and basically "high and dry". They discussed it a couple of times briefly this season.

I am really enjoying this season. The feel of the show is def more season one than season four. Going to be interesting to see how Allison handles the pressure now that Saul called the Russians out (even though no one believes him at the moment). I am also interested in seeing how the Quinn line rides out. He came in and casted doubt pretty quickly which makes me think the guy he killed was not well liked/trusted. He is a survivor and could probably easily blend in with that group until he is healed. What would be a total mind frack if Quinn really turned. I don't think they have the gusto to do it, but that would be something big.
Sent from nowhere
thanks, I was trying to remember what happened at the end of last season, but you're right, I remember Saul being upset because Carry's new boss' family has ties to Nazi Germany before/during WWII
Ph8te likes this.
post #2182 of 2405 Old 11-09-2015, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Soon as I think I'm back in then they put on a lousy episode. Nothing new last night. Weak writing.

These are just my opinions.
post #2183 of 2405 Old 11-09-2015, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 83
NY Times: Seems safe to say that reviewer Judith Warner didn't like last night's episode . Carrie's private-jetting off to somewhere to avoid Russian nasties and study her flash-drive secret files for mysterious clues to who knows what. -- John
post #2184 of 2405 Old 11-09-2015, 08:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1511 Post(s)
Liked: 1602
Quote:

I too thought this week's episode was terrific. The big terrorist who Quinn killed was not well liked or trusted. In a conversation with Quinn's doctor, one of the other Syrians said that the big crazy one had no followers except of one guy. Once again, Quinn proved that he is a serious dude.

I loved the tense scene between Saul and Dar. That was tense fun stuff, as was the scene in Otto During's club where the CIA came, arrested Saul, and searched Otto. When Otto later found the thumb drive in his topcoat pocket I couldn't figure out how Saul knew which of the coat's in the cloakroom belonged to Otto. Then I remembered that Saul had seen Otto get out of his car and go inside the club. Anyway, this week's show was terrific stuff, I thought.
post #2185 of 2405 Old 11-09-2015, 08:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 5204 Post(s)
Liked: 2953
I liked the episode as well. That Quinn is a tough dude. And to see Saul come through for Carrie was great. Who you gonna call?
Garrett Adams and WLGeter like this.
post #2186 of 2405 Old 11-10-2015, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
I liked the episode as well. That Quinn is a tough dude. And to see Saul come through for Carrie was great. Who you gonna call?
Moles in the CIA, Better Call Saul!!

post #2187 of 2405 Old 11-10-2015, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 416
So Dar is above Saul? I remember Saul was out for awhile in last season, but now he's back and everyone knows him. Dar always seemed a shadowy figure that even the agency tried to hide him from a lot of it's employee's. Now he's the higher up?

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

The Hun
post #2188 of 2405 Old 11-11-2015, 05:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Yes Dar is the Director of the CIA he got the job instead of Saul.

Sent from nowhere
post #2189 of 2405 Old 11-11-2015, 03:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 716
Quote:
Yes Dar is the Director of the CIA he got the job instead of Saul.
Was that mentioned in the show? I have continued to think that Dar Adal was still the director of CIA black operations. While I understand things are in motion for a change in the CIA Directorship, but I think it is still in flux.
post #2190 of 2405 Old 11-11-2015, 03:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Quoted: 5204 Post(s)
Liked: 2953
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Homeland The Complete First Season , Homeland The Complete Second Season Blu Ray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page