Homeland on SHO - Page 79 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 216Likes

post #2341 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Carrie barred the door to Quinn's hospital room and disconnected his monitor sensors. She believes he wouldn't want a vegetable-like existence, as Dar mentioned. But a murder trial wouldn't sync with what she told Saul about her need for more mothering time, not accepting his offer for a CIA job. An interesting wrap-up with some strands (see NY Times review) remaining for another season. -- John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2342 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 170
I enjoyed the season as well as the finale.

Perhaps I misremembered.

post #2343 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I wanted a different ending for Allison. I understood why it happened the way it did. For me I would rather have Allison's face turn white when the trunk opened only to see both Saul and Dar glaring at her. Another possibility ala Fargo; she ends up in Russia, gets her money only to see her idyllic future dissolve in the reality that is Russia.
post #2344 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpileggi View Post
Another possibility ala Fargo; she ends up in Russia, gets her money only to see her idyllic future dissolve in the reality that is Russia.
That's why the Russian millionaires have homes on London and New York and have left the motherland.
post #2345 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Now to decide whether we kick Showtime to the curb until Ray Donovan returns, or sample "Brody's" new show next month, Billions. ;-)
post #2346 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Doesn't seem like the CIA would execute Alison. They'd try to capture the double spy, try to figure out the damage she's caused over the years.

Would have been easy enough to take out the two Russians or make them stand down. They wouldn't have died to protect Alison.

And if they were going to kill Alison, it wouldn't have been Saul running it, it would have been Dar.
post #2347 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Doesn't seem like the CIA would execute Alison. They'd try to capture the double spy, try to figure out the damage she's caused over the years.

Would have been easy enough to take out the two Russians or make them stand down. They wouldn't have died to protect Alison.

And if they were going to kill Alison, it wouldn't have been Saul running it, it would have been Dar.
Dar is removed from this off book operation.

The number of people who know of Alison as a double agent is now.

Alive and keeping quiet about it for the sake of the agency.
Dar
Saul
Carrie

Aliveish
Quinn

Dead
Alison
Allison's babysitter.

Then there is the Russian. Seems he will soon be holed up in Jackson Hole if you pardon the pun so that's all sewn up nicely.
post #2348 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post

After Ivan clearly gave Allison up (great scene between him and Saul) , it looked like Saul ran his own little "off the books" black ops mission serving justice and probably a bit of personal vengeance. I really thought that the Russians would take care of her to cut their losses. While it would have been nice to have Allison see her impending doom, maybe it was fitting that she bought it, ignominiously, in the dark trunk of a car. Otto's "proposal" really came out of the blue, especially since he and Jonas agreed that Carrie had to let go. Did Otto get the real story behind the stopping of the attack? With his money and resources it might have been so and that could have restored Carrie in his eyes. Speaking of serving justice, Astrid's little chat with Laura. using Neumann as her trump card was just delicious. Watching the self-righteous Laura recanting and swallowing her pride was very satisfying.
post #2349 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 11:46 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1593 Post(s)
Liked: 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
Was that a marriage proposal? That had to be the weirdest thing on this show so far, not to mention the timing of it. Other that that I thought this was a rather anticlimactic finale as it was just going through the motions to end the season. Wasn't my favorite season, and wonder what the future can hold for this show.
It was weird because I recall the earlier scene where Otto is talking to Jonas about having to let Carrie go, that she had become a liability. I must have missed something along the way as that scene never made sense to me.
post #2350 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 12:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1075 Post(s)
Liked: 1163
I loved the scene between Saul and Ivan in which Ivan became convinced that his best move was to reveal Allison's location in return for a new identity in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. As a result, Allison learned the hard way that betraying either Ivan or Saul is a lethal mistake. Although seeing the treacherous Allison come to a bloody end was satisfying indeed, watching the once arrogant and cocksure Laura eating a large helping of crow on live television by destroying her own reputation as a fearless reporter was almost as good. Moral of the story: It pays not to mess with the BND.

I can't decide whether Carrie really arranged for Quinn to die, or Quinn is only TV disabled and will be back next season at his kick-ass best. Given how TV works and how preposterous this season often was, I would place the odds at 50-50.
post #2351 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post
Speaking of serving justice, Astrid's little chat with Laura. using Neumann as her trump card was just delicious. Watching the self-righteous Laura recanting and swallowing her pride was very satisfying.
Amen to that!
post #2352 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 02:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I think it would have been more interesting if they let Alison get away and she becomes their nemesis, using her inside knowledge of how the CIA operates to foil them.

Though I don't think she has enough charisma to be an arch villain that consumes Saul and Carrie to want to get her.

What they should do is find a way to get Tasneem back into the picture in future seasons. She got away with screwing the CIA over and they'd probably want to get back at her. Of course, Pakistan only has limited ways to hurt the US and US interests, unless lets say she had something to do with someone like the San Bernadino terrorist bride.

But Tasneem was a more colorful villain than Alison.

In this season, only Kasim was humanized among the terrorists. The rest were cartoon jihadis. The show did too much with Brody but at least they tried to explain his actions somewhat and show how his family life probably set him off in certain ways.
post #2353 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 508
If I had a vote, it would be for Quinn 2.0, the $20 million man. Unfortunately I think Quinn is Petered out.
gwsat likes this.
post #2354 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 308
I would hope Season 7 opens with Carrie attending his funeral service.
post #2355 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Why did Carrie put the chair against the door? Was it pillow in the face time? Hope Quinn comes back also. Great finale, thought Saul would have wanted Red alive but I guess too many bullets to control that..

post #2356 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Guess the writers wanted to wrap up the Alison story, instead of being accused of leaving loose ends for whenever the series ends.

Probably satisfying to have Saul do it though the Russians putting a bullet in her head is probably just as likely.
post #2357 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I can't decide whether Carrie really arranged for Quinn to die, or Quinn is only TV disabled and will be back next season at his kick-ass best. Given how TV works and how preposterous this season often was, I would place the odds at 50-50.
Given what the doctor said was the extent of the damage done by what sounded like a very large hemorrhage (the CT Scans would have told a grim story), it would be way beyond any degree of credibility to have Quinn up, recovered and back in action ever, let alone any time soon. Even keeping in mind that this a TV show, that would just be absurd. Better to let Quinn go, whether by Carrie's hand or through the natural course of events, something that happens often in this kind of a situation. Next season could well be like this one with them shooting only a couple of weeks behind and referencing major events. Maybe all will be quiet but somehow I doubt it.
post #2358 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 05:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1075 Post(s)
Liked: 1163
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
Why did Carrie put the chair against the door? Was it pillow in the face time? Hope Quinn comes back also. Great finale, thought Saul would have wanted Red alive but I guess too many bullets to control that..
I too was expecting to see Carrie put a pillow over Quinn's face and was convinced it would happen when she moved the pulse/ox monitor from Quinn's finger to her own. Still, this is television so who knows what happened?
post #2359 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I guess we'll have to see how much $$$ Quinn asks for next season before the producers decide if Carrie will send him to a dirt nap or he'll miraculously recover.

Sorry, best line of the night (from Rosa Klebb III): "Yes. What is your point?".

".....and remember, your mission, as always, is to.........kill Hitler!"
post #2360 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 06:12 PM

Quinn=Lazarus, probably not but this is TV. So where to from here? I'm thinking The Dark Continent. With the horrors being perpetrated by Boko Haram this will be Carrie's next posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2361 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 06:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3280 Post(s)
Liked: 1766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbitron View Post
I would hope Season 7 opens with Carrie attending his funeral service.

You mean wait an entire season for resolution? Not sure we will have to wait that long

Sent from nowhere
post #2362 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member

Sorry, best line of the night (from Rosa Klebb III): "Yes. What is your point?". [/QUOTE]

That was a good one - reminds me of another quote to Otto, by Dennis Quaid. "Now, get your sh** packed, get your crew together and load this airplane".
post #2363 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
It was weird because I recall the earlier scene where Otto is talking to Jonas about having to let Carrie go, that she had become a liability. I must have missed something along the way as that scene never made sense to me.
Otto wanted Jonas out of the way and Jonas fell for Otto's tricks.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #2364 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
Doesn't mean Carrie should fall for that, and where is the romance? I mean I don't care for that stuff much but women do, including Carrie I assume.

"Too many notes, my Dear Mozart!"

The Hun
post #2365 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 10:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 3979 Post(s)
Liked: 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
Doesn't mean Carrie should fall for that, and where is the romance? I mean I don't care for that stuff much but women do, including Carrie I assume.
Attila, the dude is rich. Money is a perfectly acceptable substitute for romance.
post #2366 of 2399 Old 12-21-2015, 10:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
Attila, the dude is rich. Money is a perfectly acceptable substitute for romance.

Otto will need a place to stay when he visits Washington. But what is his angle? What does he really want?
post #2367 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 01:11 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1593 Post(s)
Liked: 1217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican4D View Post
Yes, that does seem to be the case, a romantic angle and he wanted Jonas out of the way, but I think the below post is probably more on the mark regarding what he wants with her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbitron View Post
Otto will need a place to stay when he visits Washington. But what is his angle? What does he really want?
He probably would like to see her back in the CIA and use her for information. I have never been convinced that Otto is on the "up and up" anyway, he's got some angle he's working and I think it's a bad one with respect to our "heroes".
post #2368 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 02:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan View Post
Yes, that does seem to be the case, a romantic angle and he wanted Jonas out of the way, but I think the below post is probably more on the mark regarding what he wants with her.

He probably would like to see her back in the CIA and use her for information. I have never been convinced that Otto is on the "up and up" anyway, he's got some angle he's working and I think it's a bad one with respect to our "heroes".
Otto's character hasn't been fleshed out very well yet, I agree there is more to this proposal eventually, but the timing of it just makes it bizarre to say the least. Clearly the producers are trying tell us something about the next season, but it came out rather clumsy IMO. We'll just have to see, next year.

"Too many notes, my Dear Mozart!"

The Hun
post #2369 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 151
My advice to Otto would be he do his homework on Bi-Polar disorder. There's a reason it's a disorder. Spend the rest of your life with that nut? Keenen's probably right he has other idea's.

These are just my opinions.

Last edited by oldcband; 12-22-2015 at 06:13 AM.
post #2370 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 96
... She blocks the door and "seems" to be about to end Quinn's life ..
However, we hear the voice over of Quinn talking something about how his deeds were part of the life of "darkness" and his hopes for her to not be drawn into that ect ..
Just then, when she is about to "do it", the light shines thru the window .... Perhaps this changes her mind ...
& Quinn will eventually be back ... Not likely, but perhaps ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Homeland The Complete First Season , Homeland The Complete Second Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page