Homeland on SHO - Page 80 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 216Likes

post #2371 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 11:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1593 Post(s)
Liked: 1219
I'm with Cal1981, given the nature of the damage as described by the doctor there's no way Quinn is coming back whole, it would be on the level of science fiction for him to make a full recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2372 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 12:31 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well, I'm not sure anything is above (below?) the writers on this show. Regardless, there's definitely a reason they didn't kill him off in this last episode.

".....and remember, your mission, as always, is to.........kill Hitler!"
post #2373 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 235
If they revive Quinn just to put him together with Carrie next season, it'll be as bad as keeping Brody around for romantic reasons.
post #2374 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I think this season wasn't near as good as last season, things that bugged me were:

Total lack of Crazy Carrie, I thought last season after her meds had been sabotaged and she was wandering through Pakistan where all the sounds were too loud and stuff like that was well done. We didn't see her do anything crazy at all.

The boringness of Alison's character. I think it would have been much more interesting if she had decided not to go along with the Russian's willingness to let the Berlin attack proceed and had helped stop it instead.

The assassination of Allison. I thought Saul was supposed to be the logical one, shouldn't she have been captured for interrogation/debriefing? It was really worth it to Saul to set her puppet master up for a cushy retirement just so he could kill the puppet?

No real twists and turns or surprises. I never thought the gas attack was going to happen and nobody died who I didn't expect to.

Otto's insane marriage proposal after wanting to cut all ties with Carrie a week or two before.

I can only hope we have seen the last of Quinn, there is no way he can plausibly come back. I hope the light at the end after Carrie barricaded the hospital room door etc. was Quinn's soul finally finding peace. I do think his letter had an effect on Carrie where he said his life was like a warning beacon about the intelligence lifestyle and I think it redoubled her effort to leave that life.
Leftcoastdave likes this.
post #2375 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 508
What I liked about the "detour" ambush is the attackers naturally fired into the car's passenger area first to bring the sedan to a halt. This gave Allison maybe a second or two to realize she was about to be extinguished and perhaps it was Saul who was trumping her Ace.
ltownsend likes this.
post #2376 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 341
so every show is now copying Game of Thrones Jon Snow is-he-or-isn't-he dead cliffhanger?...Homeland set up Quinn's death beautifully over the entire season so that would have been a perfect way to go out...but no the writers need to make it ambiguous and leave it hanging for 9 months...the finale as a whole was good except for the part where Otto suddenly professes his love for Carrie...like last year's finale they wrapped up the terror plot early with most of the episode focused on the emotional state of Carrie...I hope they can find a way to keep a lot of the new actors from this season's Germany setting as I really liked a lot of them- Astrid, Otto, Numan etc
ltownsend likes this.
post #2377 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 04:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3280 Post(s)
Liked: 1766
People did it before GoT and they will do it after this is not a new trope....

Sent from nowhere
post #2378 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 348 Post(s)
Liked: 250
If Quinn comes back it will be a major blow to the show's credibility. They have to let him go!

"Too many notes, my Dear Mozart!"

The Hun
post #2379 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 04:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1593 Post(s)
Liked: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

Sent from nowhere
No kidding, it's been beaten to death on broadcast TV.
post #2380 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post

shows have done it before but the fact that it's become vogue again with Glenn from Walking Dead etc shows that GoT had a direct impact on how other shows decide to tell their stories...could Walking Dead, Homeland, Sleepy Hollow etc all have planned to do this before GoT?...sure it's possible but I doubt it...television is a copycat medium...when the most popular show in the world (GoT) does something it is sure to be copied
post #2381 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
If Quinn comes back it will be a major blow to the show's credibility. They have to let him go!

there is no possible way they can bring back Quinn without relabeling themselves as a fantasy show...I read an article yesterday which stated that everything after the scene with Carrie in the church might have been a dream but even then it's silly...the fact that Quinn survived a direct Sarin gas attack was crazy enough (even with the injection he got)...not to mention that he was shot earlier in the season...I was never a huge Quinn fan like a lot of other people seem to be...he's a good character but not someone I consider untouchable...Quinn had to have died in the hospital room right before Carrie was ready to mercy kill him...the light coming into the room was a direct reference to the letter he wrote her saying that he would be the light watching over her...Homeland please don't get cold feet due to fan outrage etc...if GoT can kill off as many popular characters as it has and survived and grown in popularity then Homeland will be fine without Quinn
post #2382 of 2399 Old 12-22-2015, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
there is no possible way they can bring back Quinn without relabeling themselves as a fantasy show...I read an article yesterday which stated that everything after the scene with Carrie in the church might have been a dream but even then it's silly...the fact that Quinn survived a direct Sarin gas attack was crazy enough (even with the injection he got)...not to mention that he was shot earlier in the season...I was never a huge Quinn fan like a lot of other people seem to be...he's a good character but not someone I consider untouchable...Quinn had to have died in the hospital room right before Carrie was ready to mercy kill him...the light coming into the room was a direct reference to the letter he wrote her saying that he would be the light watching over her...Homeland please don't get cold feet due to fan outrage etc...if GoT can kill off as many popular characters as it has and survived and grown in popularity then Homeland will be fine without Quinn
Yup, they already took his misery past of any real person's. He wanted to die, and he should have been dead by all the injuries he suffered in this season alone. I'm confident [though not 100% sure] Homeland will do the right thing.

The Hun
post #2383 of 2399 Old 12-23-2015, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 62
The ambush on the car totally reminded me of the BMW short films with Clive Owen from about 15 years ago. In particular, the one called Ambush, right down to the dark, moonlit back road and a BMW. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hire
post #2384 of 2399 Old 12-24-2015, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I agree with much that has been written here.

One point that has not been made previously is the problem I have had since episode 1 of this season. That being why in the dickens do Dar and Saul never have to answer to higher ups at Langley or DC? I served in an intelligence agency back in the 1960's and I can tell you for certain, everyone has a superior in the bureaucracy to whom they must answer.

These two guys behavior was totally rogue and inconsistent with the way government bureaucracies operate. Just as surely as the sun rises and sets every day, the outrageous mistakes both Dar and Saul would have been career ending in the real world. I am neither condemning nor criticizing the writing. All of this is good theater. All I am saying is for the sake of drama, the show runners took some liberties here.

One last point. Why do the writers not realize they can have a thrilling and credible ending to incident in the Haupbahnhof tunnel without resorting to the "saving the world with only 4 seconds to go" before the bomb goes off? It would be equally suspenseful and more credible if the bomb were disarmed with 11 minutes on the clock.

That said, Homeland is pretty darned entertaining even if for the purposes of drama one must suspend disbelief now and again. I will be back next season right along with all of you..

Cheers,

Dave
post #2385 of 2399 Old 12-24-2015, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 94
4 seconds. The system was never in countdown mode.
Ph8te likes this.
post #2386 of 2399 Old 12-26-2015, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Maybe Quinn does recover, not fully but sufficiently to become Dar's successor. He was his protegé, after all... 😏
ltownsend likes this.
post #2387 of 2399 Old 12-26-2015, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Just saw a commercial for Hitman DVD the other day.

Not sure what kind of movie projects Rupert Friend is getting but that could be a hint of whether Quinn comes back or not.

Did he get action roles before Homeland? If the show helped him get a lot of lucrative movie roles, he may want to do those instead of the show.
post #2388 of 2399 Old 12-27-2015, 01:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1264 Post(s)
Liked: 1405
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatChicken View Post
... She blocks the door and "seems" to be about to end Quinn's life ..
However, we hear the voice over of Quinn talking something about how his deeds were part of the life of "darkness" and his hopes for her to not be drawn into that ect ..
Just then, when she is about to "do it", the light shines thru the window .... Perhaps this changes her mind ...
& Quinn will eventually be back ... Not likely, but perhaps ...
Quinn has been Superman all season ..
ltownsend likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #2389 of 2399 Old 12-27-2015, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 954 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Or he comes back crippled in a wheelchair and Carrie feels obligated to take care of him. That could be an interesting spin.
post #2390 of 2399 Old 12-27-2015, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Conrad View Post
Or he comes back crippled in a wheelchair and Carrie feels obligated to take care of him. That could be an interesting spin.
Why not. Worked for Ironside.
taxman48 likes this.
post #2391 of 2399 Old 12-28-2015, 03:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Not to me, unless the show renames itself to "General Hospital" or something along that genre.

The Hun
post #2392 of 2399 Old 12-28-2015, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:
.. Or he comes back in a wheelchair and is some sort of "handler" on a microphone back at headquarters ...

post #2393 of 2399 Old 12-28-2015, 01:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1075 Post(s)
Liked: 1163
Quote:
Quote:
Not to me, unless the show renames itself to "General Hospital" or something along that genre.
I agree. The biggest mistake a show that has built its reputation on action and intricate spy games can make is to turn itself into a soap opera. Homeland is perilously close to doing that anyway, so bringing back Quinn as a cripple would be a big mistake, it seems to me.
post #2394 of 2399 Old 12-28-2015, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 954 Post(s)
Liked: 395
If readers here noticed the review of the "Hitman: Agent 47" Blu-ray you may notice a familiar face.
post #2395 of 2399 Old 12-28-2015, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Or he comes out of the shower and says "I had the craziest dream"..

post #2396 of 2399 Old 12-29-2015, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
Or he comes out of the shower and says "I had the craziest dream"..
Shower, hell. If I had the craziest dream it would have to be waking up in bed next to Suzanne Pleshette.
taxman48 likes this.
post #2397 of 2399 Old 01-12-2016, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Homeland Season 6 to Be Set in New York City

Showtime Networks CEO David Nevins announced on Tuesday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour that Season 6 of the spy drama will shoot “in and around New York City,” for a storyline that is “set domestically.”

On the topic of Homeland, Nevins of course was pressed for intel on Peter Quinn’s fate, which was uncertain at the close of Season 5. “I know and have seen as much as you know and have seen,” he hedged...Showtime programming chief Gary Levine later added, “In terms of its reality, Quinn (played by Rupert Friend) is severely damaged. The life-or-death question remains, but if he should live, it will not be — in any way, shape or form — the way he has lived to date.”

http://tvline.com/2016/01/12/homelan...new-york-city/
post #2398 of 2399 Old 01-12-2016, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Well that sucks, Ireally liked his character it was like a real life Jason Bourne. (in TV terms,lol)
ltownsend likes this.

Spoiler!
post #2399 of 2399 Old 01-15-2016, 04:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 2132
Quote:
Originally Posted by azz7686 View Post
Well that sucks, Ireally liked his character it was like a real life Jason Bourne. (in TV terms,lol)
Maybe they'll make him the "Bone Collector" of Homeland.

I hate being bi-polar, it's awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Homeland The Complete First Season , Homeland The Complete Second Season Blu Ray
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page