Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2522 of 2612 Old 03-13-2017, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 399
You have to wonder when Dar Adal (great acting by F. Murray Abraham) is going to be exposed and pay the price for his treason. How are the DCI and Deputy DCI not aware of what Adal is up to?
Tarheels_23 likes this.

Last edited by Cal1981; 03-13-2017 at 12:29 PM.
post #2523 of 2612 Old 03-13-2017, 12:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1463 Post(s)
Liked: 547
I'm guessing the real CIA is rolling their eyes repeatedly at this show.
allargon likes this.

post #2524 of 2612 Old 03-13-2017, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked: 3924
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
I thought it was a different guy, which is why Quinn came back.

Otherwise, I think he would have interrogated him.
The guy who Peter hit with a tire iron was indeed a different guy from the contractor assassin who was spying on Carrie and has been doing all the killing.

When Peter went back to the house where he had been staying with Astrid, his return was accompanied by such a mournful theme, I thought that it was Astrid-is-dead music. In the immediate event I was wrong but it didn't take long thereafter for me to be proved right. I thought the plot device that got Astrid killed, Peter removing the bullets from her gun, was preposterous when it happened and went downhill from there. No matter, If I wanted a smart show I wouldn't be watching Homeland these days. The upside to all this is that dumb or not, the show tells exciting stories.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+
post #2525 of 2612 Old 03-13-2017, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post
The guy who Peter hit with a tire iron was indeed a different guy from the contractor assassin who was spying on Carrie and has been doing all the killing.

When Peter went back to the house where he had been staying with Astrid, his return was accompanied by such a mournful theme, I thought that it was Astrid-is-dead music. In the immediate event I was wrong but it didn't take long thereafter for me to be proved right. I thought the plot device that got Astrid killed, Peter removing the bullets from her gun, was preposterous when it happened and went downhill from there. No matter, If I wanted a smart show I wouldn't be watching Homeland these days. The upside to all this is that dumb or not, the show tells exciting stories.
The acting is great though.

I thought one of the points here was Astrid was there as a friend. The gun left in the car, not as close personal protection
post #2526 of 2612 Old 03-13-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHarman View Post
The acting is great though.

I thought one of the points here was Astrid was there as a friend. The gun left in the car, not as close personal protection
My thought was that Astrid had left the gun in the car for some reason and knew it was loaded. For the life of me, I still can't understand why Peter would have unloaded it and thrown the shells away.

Astrid was there as more than a friend, I think. I had thought all along that her presence was the result of her being in love with Peter and it seemed she was about to tell him so when the contractor assassin shot Peter.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+
post #2527 of 2612 Old 03-13-2017, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4802 Post(s)
Liked: 4347
Quote:
My thought was that Astrid had left the gun in the car for some reason and knew it was loaded. For the life of me, I still can't understand why Peter would have unloaded it and thrown the shells away.

Astrid was there as more than a friend, I think. I had thought all along that her presence was the result of her being in love with Peter and it seemed she was about to tell him so when the contractor assassin shot Peter.

He did it only knowing she was working on the order of Dar. Peter knows Dar is up to no good and doesn't trust him. He emptied the gun thinking it was for him, thus if she tried to shoot him, he'd be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2528 of 2612 Old 03-20-2017, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 902 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Is that Peter Quinn something! Nothing can stop him from chemical warfare to point blank gunfire, I just keep pinching myself.
Don S likes this.

These are just my opinions.
post #2529 of 2612 Old 03-20-2017, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2442 Post(s)
Liked: 1759
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcband View Post
Is that Peter Quinn something! Nothing can stop him from chemical warfare to point blank gunfire, I just keep pinching myself.
Well people keep underestimating him, which is his edge.
Keenan, gwsat and Ph8te like this.
post #2530 of 2612 Old 03-20-2017, 09:52 AM

Next only to Season 1, this season’s Homeland is becoming my favorite. The slimy Dar Adal and his murderous henchman are deliciously hatable, Kerry is more screwed up but nevertheless more resourceful, than ever, and the disabled Peter Quinn keeps making do with what he has left. What’s not to like? Fun stuff!
Keenan and Ph8te like this.

post #2531 of 2612 Old 03-20-2017, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Yes, dialog does get a bit sappy at times, as the NYT recap details. The president elect's coffee fest with Dar, her teaser of a CIA director post for him, the sheriff deputy babblings at the cabin murder scene.... Sort of washes over me since I enjoy each season so much. Quinn must have super-human capabilities since he flashes his rifle wound like a mosquito bite. And after his robbery of all those guns, it looks hazardous for the guy who shot him and Astrid. -- John
gwsat likes this.
post #2532 of 2612 Old 03-20-2017, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Eh, so Dar isn't controlling everything.

There's someone else plowing money into the fake social media operation and the hitman seems to answer to this other person, not Dar.
post #2533 of 2612 Old 03-20-2017, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

So why did O'Keffe show his face at that building. Really, he's not going to hide this behind layers.
post #2534 of 2612 Old 03-21-2017, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Quote:
So why did O'Keffe show his face at that building. Really, he's not going to hide this behind layers.
it sure sounds like he's running that site, and making the final decision on each hire.
post #2535 of 2612 Old 03-21-2017, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

But to borrow from The Wizard of Oz shouldn't he be behind the curtain.

Why the need to put him so clearly in front of a multi million dollar operation. And where do those millions come from.
post #2536 of 2612 Old 03-21-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthJersey View Post
it sure sounds like he's running that site, and making the final decision on each hire.
Quote:
But to borrow from The Wizard of Oz shouldn't he be behind the curtain.

Why the need to put him so clearly in front of a multi million dollar operation. And where do those millions come from.
I too have been puzzled by how O'Keefe fits into all of this. By the way the character is played by one of my favorite character actors, Jake Webber. He has an accent never heard in nature. I assume that's the result of his English birth and US education. Anyway, I'm always glad to see him.

post #2537 of 2612 Old 03-21-2017, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I thought the radio guy was answering to Dar, getting his approval for the hatchet video.

So he may run the troll operation but there must be someone else funneling all that money?
post #2538 of 2612 Old 03-21-2017, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 155
It almost seems like this season they are going out of their way to make Dar extra-loathsome & despicable in every scene, even to the driver making small talk, almost seems to be a lead up, to an audience satisfying killing of Dar ...
If so, will it be Carrie, Saul, Quinn, The Iranian ....
post #2539 of 2612 Old 03-21-2017, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2464 Post(s)
Liked: 2311
Quote:
I too have been puzzled by how O'Keefe fits into all of this. By the way the character is played by one of my favorite character actors, Jake Webber. He has an accent never heard in nature. I assume that's the result of his English birth and US education. Anyway, I'm always glad to see him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
I thought the radio guy was answering to Dar, getting his approval for the hatchet video.

So he may run the troll operation but there must be someone else funneling all that money?
I think he's running a CIA/Dar Adal black ops site with a very hawkish political bent that is also using social media(that's where Webber's character comes in) to influence public opinion; the fake news scenario. Israel is also a member of this group as they were involved in the charade to get the president-elect to believe that Iran was pursuing a nuke when in reality they weren't. The money to fund this operation could be coming from nearly any number of right wing companies/organizations looking to profit from the US going to war against Iran.
Brian Conrad likes this.
post #2540 of 2612 Old 03-27-2017, 07:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 112
That's an intriguing closing scene: Quinn readying a revenge shot after summoning Carrie--for some oddball reason--to squint at his target though his rifle scope (photo in the NYT recap). He's still annoyed with his bleeding shoulder wound! And Saul's calling on all his tricks to avoid capture, with the president-elect asking for a press conference to counter those nasties churning out fake news. -- John

Last edited by John Mason; 03-27-2017 at 07:14 AM.
post #2541 of 2612 Old 03-29-2017, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked: 691
Sock Puppet

Years and years ago when I was foolish enough to read and post on political message boards some far left board posters accused me as being a sock puppet for no other reason but disagreeing with their mantra. At that time I had no idea what they were talking about but soon did some searching and learned it was people who had multiple accounts so they could create a larger "force" to foster opinions. Anyway these days they're called trolls or paid trolls, so I was surprised to hear that Homeland resurrected that old term.

Quinn with all his "handicap" still outsmarts the best of them.....

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

Ex diversis cogitationibus ex cute color.

The Hun
post #2542 of 2612 Old 03-29-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
Years and years ago when I was foolish enough to read and post on political message boards some far left board posters accused me as being a sock puppet for no other reason but disagreeing with their mantra. At that time I had no idea what they were talking about but soon did some searching and learned it was people who had multiple accounts so they could create a larger "force" to foster opinions. Anyway these days they're called trolls or paid trolls, so I was surprised to hear that Homeland resurrected that old term.

Wing Nuts of either political persuasion are a trial. Add to that "Fake News," created for ideological purposes, and it's a real mess. Each "Wing" claims the other is responsible for all the Fake News but those of us who are rational know better.

I take the Fake News phenomenon less seriously than some. There is a blizzard of information out their for anybody who wants to search for it in order to satisfy themselves that they have the whole story. Google is, indeed, our friend.
Lp85253 likes this.

post #2543 of 2612 Old 03-29-2017, 05:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 705 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Quote:

A Sock puppet is different from a troll. In a political forum I used to be a part of it meant having a second login used to help further your argument, usually by setting up an easily refuted strawman.

I also have no doubt they are used by entertainment companies to prop up bad films etc.
post #2544 of 2612 Old 03-29-2017, 11:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post
A Sock puppet is different from a troll. In a political forum I used to be a part of it meant having a second login used to help further your argument, usually by setting up an easily refuted strawman.
This is what I said you also quoted it. " it was people who had multiple accounts so they could create a larger "force" to foster opinions."

Pretty much a same thing you said, not? Sure originally a "troll" and the "suck puppet" meant something different but the later hasn't been used for a while now. The designation "troll" being used for all kinds of situation including for the old a sock puppet, it sort of become slur really, the same way people call others "haters" for simply dislike something. That's the kind of world we live in now.

The Hun
post #2545 of 2612 Old 03-30-2017, 05:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Is Peter Quinn Superman and Carrie his Lois Lane?

post #2546 of 2612 Old 03-30-2017, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 705 Post(s)
Liked: 446
Quote:
This is what I said you also quoted it. " it was people who had multiple accounts so they could create a larger "force" to foster opinions."

Pretty much a same thing you said, not? Sure originally a "troll" and the "suck puppet" meant something different but the later hasn't been used for a while now. The designation "troll" being used for all kinds of situation including for the old a sock puppet, it sort of become slur really, the same way people call others "haters" for simply dislike something. That's the kind of world we live in now.
A troll doesn't mean they have a second login. It's a bit of a nebulous term, but to me a troll is someone trying to piss people off by saying things they don't even believe in. A good avs example: "Blurays are no better than DVDs, you guys wasted your money."
post #2547 of 2612 Old 03-30-2017, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2464 Post(s)
Liked: 2311
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul View Post
A troll doesn't mean they have a second login. It's a bit of a nebulous term, but to me a troll is someone trying to piss people off by saying things they don't even believe in. A good avs example: "Blurays are no better than DVDs, you guys wasted your money."
Right, a troll is a singular source/creator/contributor whereas sock-puppets are multiple contributors parroting a singular source or POV(many posting the thoughts/views of a single source). A troll is one and sock-puppets are the many(logins, what ever) posting the views of one.
post #2548 of 2612 Old 04-03-2017, 11:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Can anything stop Peter Quinn? This show entertains but getting a little out there?
Ph8te and Tarheels_23 like this.

post #2549 of 2612 Old 04-03-2017, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcband View Post
Can anything stop Peter Quinn? This show entertains but getting a little out there?
Yeah, and next week episode is gonna step it up even more. Should be really really good.
post #2550 of 2612 Old 04-03-2017, 10:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yeah they really upped the danger here, now the real bad guy here is the "Alex Jones" wannabe with real influence and money.
Adal's contributions are getting a bit murky here. As stupid as this show has become it may have some decent ending. Was this show renewed?

The Hun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Homeland The Complete First Season , Homeland The Complete Second Season Blu Ray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page