Spartacus: Vengeance on Starz - Page 14 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #391 of 429 Old 05-02-2012, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Ok according to the Spartacus facebook page there are 3 new female actors coming to the show.

Anna Hutchinson, Jenna Lind and Gwendoline Taylor.

Hutchinson is a New Zealander and was on a Power Rangers series. the other 2 I have never heard of.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 429 Old 05-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I remember Anna Hutchison from one of the 'Underbelly' series. Good choice there.

Edit: Jenna Lind was also in Underbelly. Not familiar with Taylor at all.
post #393 of 429 Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Ok according to the Spartacus facebook page there are 3 new female actors coming to the show.

Anna Hutchinson, Jenna Lind and Gwendoline Taylor.

Hutchinson is a New Zealander and was on a Power Rangers series. the other 2 I have never heard of.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Great choices.

They could cast Justin Long as a gladiator and I'd overlook that with these three coming on board.
post #394 of 429 Old 06-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
Maureen Ryan is reporting that Season 3 of Spartacus will definitely be its last. Here is a link the the article containing an interview with Creator Steven DeKnight.
post #395 of 429 Old 06-04-2012, 09:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Oh man, that sucks...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #396 of 429 Old 06-04-2012, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

it stinks but if you look back at what some said at the end of season 2 we all wondered where they could take the story. At least they will get a definitive ending.
post #397 of 429 Old 06-04-2012, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Just read the same story on Hollywood reporter site.. Checked AVS to verify the story, sad..

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...+-+Consumer%29

post #398 of 429 Old 06-04-2012, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 37
It's better to end than just tread water. Plus, DeKnight has another show for STARZ in development.
post #399 of 429 Old 06-04-2012, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 87
something definitely sounds fishy...Spartacus was the biggest profile show on Starz (some would say the only buzz worthy one)...plus it did decent ratings on the network and was by far the most successfull show on the network...why on Earth would you cancel it for?

a season or 2 back DeKnight was talking about how the show could go on for 5-7 seasons and now all of a sudden there is no more story to tell?...I'm thinking finances or maybe something to do with the actor who took over for Whitfield not being what they expected led to the cancellation
post #400 of 429 Old 06-04-2012, 02:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I'd rather they make the decision now and write the season with a true end in mind then have them decide to cancel it halfway through the season and leave a bunch of unanswered questions. I've been burned way to many times by shows that haven't been given the chance to wrap things up for us.

Personally I think every serialized show that gets greenlighted should have something in the contract that gives them a guaranteed 3 show arc or something like that to tie things up if they get cancelled.
jc5810 likes this.
post #401 of 429 Old 06-04-2012, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

something definitely sounds fishy...Spartacus was the biggest profile show on Starz (some would say the only buzz worthy one)...plus it did decent ratings on the network and was by far the most successfull show on the network...why on Earth would you cancel it for?

a season or 2 back DeKnight was talking about how the show could go on for 5-7 seasons and now all of a sudden there is no more story to tell?...I'm thinking finances or maybe something to do with the actor who took over for Whitfield not being what they expected led to the cancellation

Something definitely changed DeKnight's mind. It was just last January when he was talking 5-7 seasons. Maybe it's budget or "other project" related and he did mention Andy's death a couple of times in his press release. However, he'd already seen McIntyre in the role, when he made the earlier, longer run, statement. Maybe they sat in the bullpen, looked at script ideas and decided they just couldn't milk the material an additional 2 seasons with watering down the product. "Let's just take a time jump, and make every episode count to the grand finale" It will be titled "Kill Them All...oops, I mean "Kill Us All"

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #402 of 429 Old 06-04-2012, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Something definitely changed DeKnight's mind. It was just last January when he was talking 5-7 seasons. Maybe it's budget or "other project" related and he did mention Andy's death a couple of times in his press release. However, he'd already seen McIntyre in the role, when he made the earlier, longer run, statement. Maybe they sat in the bullpen, looked at script ideas and decided they just couldn't milk the material an additional 2 seasons with watering down the product. "Let's just take a time jump, and make every episode count to the grand finale" It will be titled "Kill Them All...oops, I mean "Kill Us All"

yup something definitely changed his mind...but another reason I find this odd is that if Starz and DeKnight really had this planned for awhile now then how come they didn't announce it as the 'final' season back when the official Season 4 announcement was made a few months back?...plus according to DeKnight he is just starting to write the final episode...so you mean that the entire season was written and then all of a sudden when Episode 10 comes along you realize you want it to be a series finale??...something definitely is not right with this story
post #403 of 429 Old 06-04-2012, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I'm glad that this will be the last season. They could have had a couple of seasons focused on the House of Batiatus before the big escape. Season 2 floundered a bit because what's a Gladiator to do when you're not in the Arena. There's just so much running and hiding and fighting and escaping to live another day that they can do before it becomes too repetitive.
post #404 of 429 Old 06-05-2012, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Well, if they follow history, I am not looking forward to this being the last season.

post #405 of 429 Old 06-07-2012, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Starz is going to show the entire series from start to finish on Friday nights this summer. Episodes 1-3 of Gods of the Arena tomorrow night.
post #406 of 429 Old 06-11-2012, 05:07 PM

Liked: 10
Amazing Clip of a documentary of Andy Whitfield's fight against cancer. Hopefully it get's released.

http://shout.lt/bunN

post #407 of 429 Old 06-12-2012, 07:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2061 View Post

Amazing Clip of a documentary of Andy Whitfield's fight against cancer. Hopefully it get's released.

http://shout.lt/bunN

If the clip is any indication, this will be an excellent film .. just the short preview was inspirational ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #408 of 429 Old 06-24-2012, 05:07 AM

post #409 of 429 Old 07-14-2012, 01:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Comic-Con Spartacus: War of the Damned trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5qXoC-DykyM

battles definitely look a lot bigger this season...I think ending the show now is probably the right call otherwise the show would definitely get repetitive...you can only decapitate so many Romans wink.gif
post #410 of 429 Old 07-15-2012, 04:40 AM

Liked: 17
I just hope Liam puts on a bit of muscle for the final season and has less of a nasal quality to his voice. Those Roooaaamans .... sounds like he has a blocked nose and it was irritating throughout Season 2.

Edit : just watched the comic con trailer : Roooaaammmmaans ... dammit and here I was hoping Liam might improve.At least the battles look far bigger which is impressive.
post #411 of 429 Old 07-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The unshaven, and dirty look for Liam, helps him look the part (from the neck up) this season.
That's how he should've looked last season.

XBOX: xxx GR1MM xxx
PS3: GR1MM
post #412 of 429 Old 07-20-2012, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Looks good, will miss this once it is gone.

post #413 of 429 Old 09-12-2012, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 62
A baiting post and responses to it were deleted.
post #414 of 429 Old 01-23-2013, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 33
New and FINAL season of Spartacus starts this Friday,
1/25/2013
Can't wait!!!
post #415 of 429 Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone View Post

New and FINAL season of Spartacus starts this Friday,
1/25/2013
Can't wait!!!

Teasers look good .. DVR set up and ready .. smile.gif

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #416 of 429 Old 01-23-2013, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Some friends stayed with us over Xmas and wanted to catch up on Spartacus while they were here. We watched Gods first and it was better than I remembered. The B&S, which was great. Vengeance we couldn't finish, just not up to the same quaility without Andy. I'll probably watch the last season, but I can see why they opted to end it. Without Whitfield it just wasn't going to have the legs.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #417 of 429 Old 01-25-2013, 03:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Starz is offering a free stream of Episode 1 of the new Spartacus season ..

http://www.starz.com/originals/spartacus/Videos/#/free-spartacus-war-of-the-damned-episode-1

post #418 of 429 Old 01-26-2013, 01:01 AM
AVS Special Member

I watched it. I was pleasantly surprised. Nice big scope. Crassus as the big bad seems to have carved himself as a worthy and smart opponent. Plenty of room to grow. I liked it....kudos.

post #419 of 429 Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 539
Much anticipation for new season of 'Spartacus' led me to don headphones, so not to awaken sleeping spouse. Much Roman blood was shed as juice from tenderloin platter! Many Roman heads severed as dandelions from my mower's blade! Clearly, once-limp physique of new Spartacus has only grown more chiseled while brave Crixus and honorable Gannicus have grown soft with consumption of many cheeseburgers.

Crassus will be worthy adversary but will fall as all Roman dogs must beneath Spartacus' sword! All hail return of great Starz spectacle and founts of flowing stage blood, spattering in super-slo-mo across screen of liquid crystal diode! I have set DVR to record each glorious second of final season to come!!
post #420 of 429 Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

Much anticipation for new season of 'Spartacus' led me to don headphones, so not to awaken sleeping spouse. Much Roman blood was shed as juice from tenderloin platter! Many Roman heads severed as dandelions from my mower's blade! Clearly, once-limp physique of new Spartacus has only grown more chiseled while brave Crixus and honorable Gannicus have grown soft with consumption of many cheeseburgers.

Crassus will be worthy adversary but will fall as all Roman dogs must beneath Spartacus' sword! All hail return of great Starz spectacle and founts of flowing stage blood, spattering in super-slo-mo across screen of liquid crystal diode! I have set DVR to record each glorious second of final season to come!!

A post worthy of the gods. Gratitude.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page