"American Horror Story" on FX HD - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 486 Old 11-21-2011, 01:07 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 618
As Moira put it, men see what they want to see, but women see into the soul of the person.

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 486 Old 11-21-2011, 01:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 618
It was Moiras skeleton that ended up being buried under the gazebo .. she took her Mother off life support on Halloween night and cried about not being able to cross over ..

Uncle Willie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #273 of 486 Old 11-21-2011, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Liked: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

It was Moiras skeleton that ended up being buried under the gazebo .. she took her Mother off life support on Halloween night and cried about not being able to cross over ..

It wasn't only her, but she's one of them.
post #274 of 486 Old 11-21-2011, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 52
So, based on the preview for the next episode, do we finally get to see who is in the gimp suit or is it just another false advertisement to suck us in?

post #275 of 486 Old 11-21-2011, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Who's the father of Vivien's twins?
post #276 of 486 Old 11-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricwhite View Post

Who's the father of Vivien's twins?

I'm thinking one normal baby from her hubby and one freak baby from the gimp...
post #277 of 486 Old 11-21-2011, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 613 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

So, based on the preview for the next episode, do we finally get to see who is in the gimp suit or is it just another false advertisement to suck us in?

Suck you in lol.......
post #278 of 486 Old 11-22-2011, 03:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I think we may get to see who is behind the suit. According to the IMDB episode guide..

Season 1, Episode 8: Rubber Man
Original Air Date23 November 2011
The man in the rubber suit is revealed

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz
post #279 of 486 Old 11-22-2011, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

That Moira seems to have a characteristic no other house ghost has - that of appearing differently to different people. Why?

One possibility may be as Catfish says - she didn't die from Constance's gunshot right away but continued to age, perhaps in a coma or something (getting shot through the eye would almost certainly mean severe brain damage, at best). That means she must have died relatively recently, after reaching her "older" age. It also means she would have had to have died in the house.

She looked pretty dead to me lying on the bed with a hole through her head.

There are some vivid imaginations in this thread, that's for sure.

Art
post #280 of 486 Old 11-22-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post

She looked pretty dead to me lying on the bed with a hole through her head.

There are some vivid imaginations in this thread, that's for sure.

Art

Well...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12160874

post #281 of 486 Old 11-22-2011, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

I think we may get to see who is behind the suit. According to the IMDB episode guide..

Season 1, Episode 8: Rubber Man
Original Air Date23 November 2011
The man in the rubber suit is revealed

I could be wrong but I thought I saw Quinto in the preview for the next ep with the rubber suit on but the mask portion off
post #282 of 486 Old 11-22-2011, 11:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

Well...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12160874

I think there's a certain Congresswoman and a former White House Press Secretary who would attest to the survivability of being shot in the head.

I also remember there was a female cop that was shot in the bridge of the nose during a raid, but didn't even realize it until someone said, "hey, your nose is bleeding". On closer examination, they realized there was a bullet hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinger45 View Post

I could be wrong but I thought I saw Quinto in the preview for the next ep with the rubber suit on but the mask portion off

That's misdirection. Guaranteed.

Remember in the flashback? He saw the rubber man while messing with the apple dunking thing and thought it was the other guy? Then he got killed and his partner showed up as a cowboy or something and was killed as well.

He's not the rubber suit man.

post #283 of 486 Old 11-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post

I think we may get to see who is behind the suit.

I have never seen that little white dog and The Rubber Man in the same camera shot. Seems suspicious...
post #284 of 486 Old 11-23-2011, 07:07 PM

Hah... it was .... well maybe the rest of the episode has a twist to it
post #285 of 486 Old 11-23-2011, 08:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
This show is so ridiculous it's actually worth watching week after week....
post #286 of 486 Old 11-23-2011, 09:01 PM

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This episode seemed to conflict with what Constance previously sad about Tate not knowing he was dead, but it did answer a lot of previous things
post #287 of 486 Old 11-23-2011, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
haha wtf is going on

Good episode.

I don't know who that couple was, that scared the mother & daughter in the car. I don't think I've seen them before.
post #288 of 486 Old 11-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

haha wtf is going on

Good episode.

I don't know who that couple was, that scared the mother & daughter in the car. I don't think I've seen them before.

They were the ones who did the home invasion and were killed by the other ghosts.
post #289 of 486 Old 11-23-2011, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc8379 View Post

They were the ones who did the home invasion and were killed by the other ghosts.

Oh, OK.
Thanks for the information.
post #290 of 486 Old 11-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

Oh, OK.
Thanks for the information.

What I find interesting is that the wife of the doctor has been dead in the house for 80 years but none of the other ghosts explained anything to her until Hayden came along. It took until now for her to realize she was dead? And when she showed up at the house and talked to Vivian wasnt that before Hayden was killed? But it seemed like Hayden taught her how to appear visible (and how did a brand new ghost know so much?). Just confused about some of the timing.
post #291 of 486 Old 11-24-2011, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

W But it seemed like Hayden taught her how to appear visible (and how did a brand new ghost know so much?). Just confused about some of the timing.

That is a little flawed....

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz
post #292 of 486 Old 11-24-2011, 06:19 AM

Perhaps they have explained it to the Drs wife before but she is in so much denial she forgets. Why couldn't someone (Tate) teach Hayden the same thing?
post #293 of 486 Old 11-24-2011, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

What I find interesting is that the wife of the doctor has been dead in the house for 80 years but none of the other ghosts explained anything to her until Hayden came along. It took until now for her to realize she was dead? And when she showed up at the house and talked to Vivian wasnt that before Hayden was killed? But it seemed like Hayden taught her how to appear visible (and how did a brand new ghost know so much?). Just confused about some of the timing.

thought the same thing
post #294 of 486 Old 11-24-2011, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I find it amusing that all these ghosts are popping up like mushrooms after a spring rain.

One could suppose that something about the present owners has caused so many past inhabitants to re-appear: the combination of squabbling parents with unfaithful murderer dad and pregnant mother and unhappy teen might have been just the right mix.

They needed a special Thanksgiving show, though heaven knows just what they would have ended up eating

CW Hinkle
post #295 of 486 Old 11-24-2011, 08:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

I find it amusing that all these ghosts are popping up like mushrooms after a spring rain.

One could suppose that something about the present owners has caused so many past inhabitants to re-appear: the combination of squabbling parents with unfaithful murderer dad and pregnant mother and unhappy teen might have been just the right mix.

They needed a special Thanksgiving show, though heaven knows just what they would have ended up eating

Yep. Makes perfect sense... The circumstances with this family are stirring up excitement for thes ghosts.

Owner, AudioXtream.
post #296 of 486 Old 11-28-2011, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkTV View Post

I think there's a certain Congresswoman and a former White House Press Secretary who would attest to the survivability of being shot in the head.

I also remember there was a female cop that was shot in the bridge of the nose during a raid, but didn't even realize it until someone said, "hey, your nose is bleeding". On closer examination, they realized there was a bullet hole.

I realise that. However, they were not shot through the eye and had the bullet come out the back of their head. Plus, she is buried in the back yard.

The one, of many, inconsistancy that has me curious is why some of the murder victims have visible wounds, and others do not. Tate was shot multiple times, but there is no evidence of it with his shirt off.
post #297 of 486 Old 11-28-2011, 09:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

The one, of many, inconsistancy that has me curious is why some of the murder victims have visible wounds, and others do not. Tate was shot multiple times, but there is no evidence of it with his shirt off.

Yup, that's what I was looking for too. Although at this point it's hard to distinguish real supernatural happenings and the drug induced wishful thinking or nightmares of the characters.

The entire Dr Frankenstein and baby for example is a story being told by the murder tour guy and not necessarily what actually happened.

Tate in the bed could have been just an imagined event, so that gives the show an out.

Although Tate as the rubber man I thought was a bit lame. It services the story but it was too obvious in a show that has developed an ability to be unpredictable. The past few episodes have been hard on the exposition too. It makes me think some creative decision was made to stop being as crazy and explain things directly to the audience to make it more palatable. The show literally has an Exposition Fairy now that Kate Mara has jumped up from underneath the gazebo. She's become a spooky imp that flits from scene to scene explaining exactly what is going on.

And because I only just caught up ...

Eric Stonestreet was terrified of urban legends but picks the one shrink in the area that operates from the infamous Murder House occupied by spooks? The only way I was going to give that plot device a pass was if he had been Candyman Pigman. The payoff didn't really wipe the silliness of that away.

post #298 of 486 Old 11-28-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:

I realise that. However, they were not shot through the eye and had the bullet come out the back of their head. Plus, she is buried in the back yard.

I guess I didn't see an exit wound (not that it makes much a a difference). Where is the exit wound on Moira's ghost BTW? Just because she is buried in the yard doesn't mean she died from that GSW. Constance could have poisoned her years later for all we know.

This show is starting to lose me a bit for other reasons. The ghosts appear to be totally corporeal when in the house. ...able to completely manipulate objects in this plane of existence. The otherworldly feeling of the show is gone. It's hard to be creeped out by a group of people whose biggest problem seems to be that they can only go outside on Halloween. Maybe the dynamic is that we are supposed to be more frightened by the actions of the living v. the dead.

post #299 of 486 Old 11-30-2011, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I think this week was the first episode I really disliked.

The Black Dahlia connection was cool at first but then the entire episode started to revolve around Ben (who is still the least interesting character) and Hayden. Somehow the show has made Hayden more annoying in death than in life. Like Obi-Wan, striking her down has only made her more powerfull. Both as a point of irritation and as the magic Exposition Fairy who seems to know everything about everyone. From her excellent knowledge of Elizabeth Short to the relationship of Constance and her boy toy.

She's become the most adept ghost in the entire house history in record time!

Not only that the show has really dialed back on the overtly weird stuff and replaced it with ghosts who just can't shut up.

Hopefully now that Moira looks old, Ben will start going ghost hunting instead of girl hunting and he'll dig up some mysteries.

Funny to see Sarah Paulson in another television horror show as someone who talks to ghosts when she was a ghost on that other memorable horror show American Gothic.

post #300 of 486 Old 11-30-2011, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

That was awesome. That new dentist was something else.
I feel bad for Vivien, being locked away and having those different-DNA twins.

I think Hayden is pretty. ha
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page