Forum Jump: 

post #481 of 486 Old 12-31-2011, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post

I can't see why they'd want to do that anyway. The big conceit of the show was that the ghosts were permanently confined to the house property where they were killed. If Lange leaves with the demon-kid to haunt a new location, then it's a new ball game. Why bother to have any connection with the original?

OTOH, I'd hate to see less of Connie Britton. Love to see her back in some capacity.

It makes me want to embrace any new characters less knowing they are likely a one and done character. The bad parenting and demon-fetus are more of a draw to me then demon-toddler. I enjoyed Lange's interaction with the ghosts she knew and family she looked down on. I'm not as sure it will be as entertaining if she isn't "in the know" anymore. I'm also really annoyed they never explained why all the ghosts stay the same age except the maid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 486 Old 01-04-2012, 05:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 179
There is an awesome article in my Entertainment Weekly with Murphy, I don't see it on-line yet but will keep in eye out for it.

He said in season 2, it will not be in the same house, and not even the same city. He said he didn't want it it to be the same place/same ghost stories in every season, he said something else is haunted this time. He said the previous cast will NOT be back, none of them, except for some cameos in one form or another at times. He is in the process of completely re-casting the show.

He said if you want to know what the second season is about and the main ghost/story, it is imbedded in the episode Birth. He said that you have to watch it frame by frame to see it but he did put a frame in there of what season 2 will be basically about. Hmmm.

He said it will not be about the demon baby, or anyone else, and will be an unrelated story about something else haunted.

post #483 of 486 Old 03-03-2012, 10:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 170
TV Notes
'American Horror Story': Look who's coming back!
By Lynette Rice, EW.com's 'Inside TV' Blog - Mar. 2, 2012

They may be playing different characters, but some very familiar faces from the first season of American Horror Story will make a return visit to Ryan Murphy's horror-fest on FX. The co-creator of the drama announced Friday during the PaleyFest in Beverly Hills that Sarah Paulson (the medium Billie Dean Howard), Evan Peters (Tate Langdon) and Lily Rabe (Nora Montgomery) will join Jessica Lange in the show's second season.

Also participating in the scarefest will be Zachary Quinto, who played a gay man who previously owned the Harmon home (with Torchwoods Teddy Sears as Patrick). Anybody could pop up at any time, Murphy said during the panel hosted by EW's Tim Stack. It's fun to take actors you love and say, come play again.'

Speaking of which, it doesn't seem like we'll see appearances by the dead Harmons, aka Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott. The actors only signed one-year deals on the show but apparently, Murphy's not opposed to working them in if he can snag em. Stay tuned.

When AHS wrapped its memorable first season, Murphy said the plan was to start over with a whole new haunting in the second season, which is expected to take place on the East Coast and involve a horror institution. Production resumes in the summer for a mid-October return to FX.

Murphy told EW that the second year will revolve heavily around Lange, who played neighbor-from-hell Constance Langdon in season one. Said Lange during the PaleyFest panel, It'll be terrifying in June, but now I'm pretty relaxed about it.

Lange and Murphy were joined on the panel by co-creator Brad Falchuk, executive producer Dante Di Loreto, Britton, McDermott, Paulson, Frances Conroy and Alexandra Breckenridge. To pay homage to the show or maybe just to show some love to Lange one male attendee dressed up as Constance.

Additional reporting from Tanner Stransky.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/02/am...s-coming-back/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #484 of 486 Old 05-18-2012, 07:53 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 621
News :

No exact date that I could find ..

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...on-cast-313887

Uncle Willie

: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #485 of 486 Old 05-26-2012, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Loved season 1.

Excellent TV show, I miss it. ha
post #486 of 486 Old 07-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Well well well, i deleted it from the recording list, but a whole new story every season is the way to go! Can't wait!

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page