"American Horror Story" on FX HD - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 486 Old 10-13-2011, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 68
That's not fun how the ratings went down. I still enjoy it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 486 Old 10-14-2011, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
the psychopath who tied up and killed the nurses in the 60's in the beginning of this week's episode, I wonder if he's related at all to Jessica Lange's character. He didn't look at all like the young man who is interested in the husband's daughter
post #93 of 486 Old 10-14-2011, 11:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not scary at all to me, but definitely fun to watch!
post #94 of 486 Old 10-19-2011, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Wow. It got crazy half way through the episode. I caught myself saying "what the f*** is going on."

Tonight's episode had a lot of sub-stories that explained some previous murders.

So.. JL told the maid "you're stuck here now". What do you think that could mean?
The ending was surprising, I can't believe he did not go to the police.
post #95 of 486 Old 10-19-2011, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

So.. JL told the maid "you're stuck here now". What do you think that could mean?

Her body will never be found so her bones can never be properly buried, the truth of her story told or justice done.

That episode was extremely disconcerting. Just a really weird vibe and odd camerawork all the way through. More than the pilot I thought. They explained some things this week, but I was just as baffled as usual when it ended.

So we know the maid is dead, so is she now some kind of succubus that feeds on men's spirits?

I'm not convinced the Burned Man is real now either. He's either a figment of Dylan's mind, Dylan's possessed by the real Burned Man's spirit or it's just something for the viewers to represent the fact he's going crazy.

At least they killed the mistress before that had chance to get soapy. This episode was really high on the creepy camp factor (Muhahahahahaha, I'm the mad doctor! ...) so I couldn't have handled anymore melodrama. Unless she isn't dead and that was all a mind trick played by the house and the girl was never there.

The main problem I have with this show now is that the present day family are nowhere near as interesting as the stories about the murder history of the house. Maybe the entire purpose of the house is to drive the husband nuts so he kills his family just as the original owner seems to have done. Maybe the house is possessed by the spirit of the mad doctor.

post #96 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young C View Post

The maid kept drugging him, and placing him in the yard over her bones with a shovel, in hopes he would dig them up and release her from the house. But that plan failed when he buried a second body there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

At least they killed the mistress before that had a chance to get soapy.

I don't think we have seen the last of her.
post #97 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shedrock View Post

The maid kept drugging him, and placing him in the yard over her bones with a shovel, in hopes he would dig them up and release her from the house.

Doh, I never connected those dots!

So that must make the Burned Man an agent of the house, whose intention was to make sure Dylan never saw the skeleton?

Quote:

I don't think we have seen the last of her.

At least if she's a ghost she won't be as boring/annoying. Hopefully.

post #98 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Advanced Member

So I guess we're figuring out that everyone who dies in the house sticks around? But they're not all stuck in the house it seems (the maid came from outside when she asked for the job, the doctor's wife also seemed to come from outside the house). I'm curious about the blond kid....I assume he's a ghost who is living in the house, but if he's a patient of the doc who is paying for the sessions? And wouldn't the sessions have to be arranged with his parent/guardian? Maybe Jessica Lange is handling all of that?

Also, interesting that the cop saw the maid in her hot young form.
post #99 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danc8379 View Post

So I guess we're figuring out that everyone who dies in the house sticks around? But they're not all stuck in the house it seems (the maid came from outside when she asked for the job, the doctor's wife also seemed to come from outside the house).

I guess they are all bound by the grounds of the house. Especially if a few of them are buried out there.

post #100 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I wonder, if the show gets picked up for a second season, if there will be a new family living in the house in the new season ? it would be a good twist to keep the show fresh if the current family just moves out at the end of each season, but Jessica Lange, her son, the maid and the burned guy who remain for every season to haunt the current owners
post #101 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
I had such high hopes for the show..but after three episodes I'm sorry to say I'm done watching it.
post #102 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 09:22 AM

Quote:

Also, interesting that the cop saw the maid in her hot young form.

I thought the cop saw the old disgusting looking maid. He was saying things like "get a load of her" and "I hope I don't run into her on the way out" because she was so ugly.
post #103 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphyboy View Post

I thought the cop saw the old disgusting looking maid. He was saying things like "get a load of her" and "I hope I don't run into her on the way out" because she was so ugly.

I don't think so...he was checking her out and then when she left the room he said "How do you get any work done with that around?". And when he left I'm pretty sure he said "I hope I run into your maid on the way out."
post #104 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphyboy View Post

old maid explained to wife that men see what they want to see and women see the into the soul of the person

watch again, he said how the hell do you get anything done with that thing around and i'll let myself out, hopefully run into your maid
post #105 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 28
Looks like there's some mixed feelings, but I am really digging this show. Jessica Lange is just a treasure.
post #106 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
My favorite character on the show is Larry (burned up Denis O'Hare). I'm not sure if he is even alive, but he is hilarious. The fact that he wanted $1000 for "headshots" (professional photographs) when he is missing half a face is outrageous.

Larry is very similar to Delbert Grady from "The Shining", who was the previous caretaker that murdered his family, and advised Jack that his family needed to be "corrected" also. But, I think they have made enough changes that Larry can't be labeled a direct copy.
post #107 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post

Looks like there's some mixed feelings, but I am really digging this show. Jessica Lange is just a treasure.

Totally agree. She's wonderful. I'm surprised how much the show is growing on me. I like all the ambiguities and that each episode a few more pieces fall into place.

Quote:

My favorite character on the show is Larry (burned up Denis O'Hare). I'm not sure if he is even alive, but he is hilarious. The fact that he wanted $1000 for "headshots" (professional photographs) when he is missing half a face is outrageous.

I loved him on True Blood, too. The show suffered without him, but it appears he's returning next season, thank god.
post #108 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around the basic concept....obviously we're dealing with ghosts (the maid for sure, the doctor's wife, the two girls who had been killed by the cult guy)...but these are ghosts who seem like regular physical people, can touch and be touched, make coffee, etc. Has this type of "ghost" been done before? I was trying to compare it to various horror movies I've seen and couldn't come up with a good comparison.
post #109 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Is EVERYONE totally crazy on this show? I haven't seen one sane person yet.
post #110 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around the basic concept....obviously we're dealing with ghosts (the maid for sure, the doctor's wife, the two girls who had been killed by the cult guy)...but these are ghosts who seem like regular physical people, can touch and be touched, make coffee, etc.

The Others with Nicole Kidman, Haunted (movie/book) by James Herbert, Ghost Story with Alice Krige ... there are probably others.

They could be some weird combination of supernatural oddness that makes them different from the usual ghost things. Hey, if Patrick Swayze could kick a can and feel up Demi Moore ...

post #111 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 02:42 PM

are you guys sure that was the doctors wife? i thought it was the woman who came there and the dr and wife killed her?
post #112 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinger45 View Post

are you guys sure that was the doctors wife?

yes
post #113 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 05:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 26
What I do find a bit disingenuous is that in this day and age on the intrawebs they knew little to nothing about the house's history before moving in, especially one apparently this famous (or infamous).

XBOX Live: Wagmman
PSN: Wagg
BFBC2: Wagman
Steam: Wag

My Second Life character looks and acts exactly like me except he can fly.
post #114 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post

What I do find a bit disingenuous is that in this day and age on the intrawebs they knew little to nothing about the house's history before moving in, especially one apparently this famous (or infamous).

Except the asking price was something like 1/3 market value, IIRC. Maybe they were aware but dismissed it (I probably would).
post #115 of 486 Old 10-20-2011, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post

I'm not convinced the Burned Man is real now either. He's either a figment of Dylan's mind, Dylan's possessed by the real Burned Man's spirit or it's just something for the viewers to represent the fact he's going crazy.

Yeah, this is my thought as well. We'll see.

Quote:

The maid kept drugging him, and placing him in the yard over her bones with a shovel, in hopes he would dig them up and release her from the house. But that plan failed when he buried a second body there.

Gotcha.

Quote:

I'm curious about the blond kid....I assume he's a ghost who is living in the house, but if he's a patient of the doc who is paying for the sessions? And wouldn't the sessions have to be arranged with his parent/guardian? Maybe Jessica Lange is handling all of that?

That's a good thought. I'd go with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

Except the asking price was something like 1/3 market value, IIRC. Maybe they were aware but dismissed it (I probably would).

I think you're right.
post #116 of 486 Old 10-21-2011, 05:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce73 View Post

When she was talking to the Realtor, she indicated that she knew about the most recent murder (the two guys) but none of the other stuff. The Realtor said she was only required to disclose someone dying in the house in the past 3 years (I don't know California law, but this is bs in other parts of the country--you have to disclose any fact that a potential buyer could deem to be pertinent. I would think that being known as the "murder house" would qualify in that category).
post #117 of 486 Old 10-21-2011, 06:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:

When she was talking to the Realtor, she indicated that she knew about the most recent murder (the two guys) but none of the other stuff. The Realtor said she was only required to disclose someone dying in the house in the past 3 years (I don't know California law, but this is bs in other parts of the country--you have to disclose any fact that a potential buyer could deem to be pertinent. I would think that being known as the "murder house" would qualify in that category).

If nothing else, it would at least require the disclosure that the house has a "Murder Tour" rolling by on a regular basis.

It sounds like they ought to have a chat with the tour guide to see what he knows. The house apparently doesn't want Mom taking the tour...

So far, this is the best episode so far for me.
post #118 of 486 Old 10-21-2011, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by networktv View Post

so far, this is the best episode so far for me.

+1
post #119 of 486 Old 10-21-2011, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I loved [Denis O'Hare] on True Blood, too.

I glad someone spilled the beans on him. I've been wracking what is left of my gray matter trying to remember where I had seen him.

I wonder where Sal Mineo fit in with all of this?

I does seem as if they are making up ghost rules as they go on.

CW Hinkle
post #120 of 486 Old 10-21-2011, 10:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded Dogfood View Post

[i]
I does seem as if they are making up ghost rules as they go on.

What do you mean?

While they seem to have their own rule set with this show, it's been very consistent - and that's what really counts.

- They all seem to be able to interact physically with the real would. They seem like a combination of visible ghost and poltergeist that can move stuff.
- Those that died in or on the property of the house seem stuck there (I'm pretty sure Larry isn't dead, but seems really addicted to the place for whatever reason).
- They all seem to be able to appear to different people in different ways...or only to certain people (i.e.: the maid: old to women, young to men / the kid: often appears to the daughter without being seen by others).

I haven't seen anything in later episodes that contradicts what we've seen those currently known to be ghosts have done so far.
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page