'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #271 of 2162 Old 12-04-2011, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
glangford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,784
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOH View Post

We've recently discovered Person of Interest, and we've become quite taken by it. Now, we'd really like more, of some way to catch up. We checked our On Demand menu, via Comcast, and there weren't any episodes archived there.

Enjoyable, for several reasons,....good stuff


Thanks

You can watch episodes on cbs.com or they also have an ipad app for tv shows. I'd go back and get the first two episodes which gives some background context to Reese and his employer. Good stuff.
glangford is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 2162 Old 12-04-2011, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
73shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KC, MO area
Posts: 2,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

. . . unsubscribed from the Terra Nova thread.

And yet you're back here . . .

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
73shark is offline  
post #273 of 2162 Old 12-04-2011, 07:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,621
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

And yet you're back here . . .

You are indeed confused. I unsubscribed from the Terra Nova thread because I disliked the show and didn't want to upset those who still liked it by posting further. I continue to post to this thread because I very much enjoy Person of Interest. My advice about unsubscribing from this thread was expressly directed toward the Person of Interest naysayers who continued to post here, one of whom I am not. See the difference? I hope this clears things up for you.
gwsat is offline  
post #274 of 2162 Old 12-04-2011, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
73shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KC, MO area
Posts: 2,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

You are indeed confused. I unsubscribed from the Terra Nova thread because I disliked the show and didn't want to upset those who still liked it by posting further. I continue to post to this thread because I very much enjoy Person of Interest. My advice about unsubscribing from this thread was expressly directed toward the Person of Interest naysayers who continued to post here, one of whom I am not. See the difference? I hope this clears things up for you.

Oops.

I had just read the Terra Nova thread and wasn't paying attention. Please accept my apologies.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
73shark is offline  
post #275 of 2162 Old 12-05-2011, 10:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,621
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Oops.

I had just read the Terra Nova thread and wasn't paying attention. Please accept my apologies.

No sweat. Your gracious apology is gratefully accepted. Back to the topic of the thread, I am really looking forward to Thursday's new episode. I just checked and learned that it will be the first new one since 11/17. No wonder I am suffering from withdrawal pains.
gwsat is offline  
post #276 of 2162 Old 12-10-2011, 03:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
glangford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,784
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

No sweat. Your gracious apology is gratefully accepted. Back to the topic of the thread, I am really looking forward to Thursday's new episode. I just checked and learned that it will be the first new one since 11/17. No wonder I am suffering from withdrawal pains.

I really liked thursday's new episode. May be the beginning of having the detective as a quasi ally in future episodes.
glangford is online now  
post #277 of 2162 Old 12-10-2011, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
flint350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Baltimore, Md.
Posts: 2,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I liked the way they made the Detective the main part of the story, and implied she will play a larger role going forward. That said, I didn't think her back story was very well acted or played out. She just wasn't convincing in the role and the story itself was less than well conceived. I usually like her in this, but this part was weak at best. Still, as long as they don't plan on revisiting it, it served its purpose and we can move forward. I still wish Caviziel would drop the Batman voice or at least change tone now and then. Very good show overall though and the only 'procedural' type that I watch. They are doing a good job in keeping it interesting and not just being 'rinse and repeat'.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
flint350 is offline  
post #278 of 2162 Old 12-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
Lone Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I love the Batman Voice.
Lone Wanderer is offline  
post #279 of 2162 Old 12-12-2011, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

I liked the way they made the Detective the main part of the story, and implied she will play a larger role going forward. That said, I didn't think her back story was very well acted or played out. She just wasn't convincing in the role and the story itself was less than well conceived. I usually like her in this, but this part was weak at best. Still, as long as they don't plan on revisiting it, it served its purpose and we can move forward. I still wish Caviziel would drop the Batman voice or at least change tone now and then. Very good show overall though and the only 'procedural' type that I watch. They are doing a good job in keeping it interesting and not just being 'rinse and repeat'.

In keeping with the Batman theme, it now appears Ms Henson's homicide detective has/will become the "Jim Gordon" of the series.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #280 of 2162 Old 12-12-2011, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CycloneGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Boyds, Maryland Useful Posts: 15
Posts: 6,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I thought that Batman does a Reese voice.

Going to sign up for Dish Network?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
me for a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
referral number that will give you a $50 credit on your first bill.
CycloneGT is offline  
post #281 of 2162 Old 12-12-2011, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
MRM4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Powell, TN
Posts: 1,796
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I don't know exactly why, but I really got into last week's episode.
MRM4 is offline  
post #282 of 2162 Old 12-12-2011, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 752
I feel the show is really evolving quite well , It's a must watch show for me

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
post #283 of 2162 Old 12-12-2011, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Davidt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I missed the last episode. Did Reese get beat up by a granny after taking on the Russian mob or something?
Davidt1 is offline  
post #284 of 2162 Old 12-13-2011, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jamieva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Midlothian, VA
Posts: 2,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Really liked the episode except I had doubts as to the acting ability of Detective Carter. She was not very believable in the flashback scenes.
jamieva is offline  
post #285 of 2162 Old 12-13-2011, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,621
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Really liked the episode except I had doubts as to the acting ability of Detective Carter. She was not very believable in the flashback scenes.

Like you, I haven't been very impressed with Taraji P. Henson's performances as Detective Carter. That surprised me, though. Henson was wonderful as Benjamin Button's surrogate mother in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button so I have been wondering whether the weaknesses of her performances in Person of Interest weren't the result of weak writing rather than any lack of talent on Henson's part. I still am really enjoying the show, though. Both Caviezel and Emerson have been excellent; I have also liked Kevin Chapman as Detective Fusco.
gwsat is offline  
post #286 of 2162 Old 12-13-2011, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jamieva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Midlothian, VA
Posts: 2,191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Don't get me wrong I really like the show. I had not really noticed her weaknesses because she wasn't showcased as much as she was this week.
jamieva is offline  
post #287 of 2162 Old 12-13-2011, 01:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,621
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Don't get me wrong I really like the show. I had not really noticed her weaknesses because she wasn't showcased as much as she was this week.

In addition to Caviezel, Emerson, and Chapman, who I complimented in my earlier post, I am really enjoying Enrico Colantoni's performances as the sly crime lord, Elias. Colantoni made me a fan for life with his performance in Galaxy Quest as the delightfully weird but charming alien, Mathesar. I recently watched my old Galaxy Quest DVD again and found it as much fun as ever.
gwsat is offline  
post #288 of 2162 Old 12-13-2011, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jwebb1970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Visalia, CA
Posts: 8,339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

In addition to Caviezel, Emerson, and Chapman, who I complimented in my earlier post, I am really enjoying Enrico Colantoni's performances as the sly crime lord, Elias. Colantoni made me a fan for life with his performance in Galaxy Quest as the delightfully weird but charming alien, Mathesar. I recently watched my old Galaxy Quest DVD again and found it as much fun as ever.

Very different, as well, from his womanizing fashion photographer on Just Shoot Me.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

jwebb1970 is offline  
post #289 of 2162 Old 12-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
jabbathespud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SFBA
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

In addition to Caviezel, Emerson, and Chapman, who I complimented in my earlier post, I am really enjoying Enrico Colantoni's performances as the sly crime lord, Elias. Colantoni made me a fan for life with his performance in Galaxy Quest as the delightfully weird but charming alien, Mathesar. I recently watched my old Galaxy Quest DVD again and found it as much fun as ever.

Or as the father of Veronica Mars...
jabbathespud is offline  
post #290 of 2162 Old 12-14-2011, 06:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,621
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwebb1970 View Post

Very different, as well, from his womanizing fashion photographer on Just Shoot Me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbathespud View Post

Or as the father of Veronica Mars...

Colantoni has a lot of range. He is a wonderful character actor.
gwsat is offline  
post #291 of 2162 Old 12-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ray Lucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 627
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I thought I'd like Henson as the Detective. She is oddly under-whelming and annoying to me. Must be the jacked up New York slang and attitude??? I wasn't buying the Army Interrogator scenes either... Kevin Chapman and Enrico always do a good job...
Ray Lucca is offline  
post #292 of 2162 Old 12-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
Lone Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I forward over all of the Iraqi terrorist nonsense with Carter.

I missed nothing.
Lone Wanderer is offline  
post #293 of 2162 Old 12-14-2011, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 8,897
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 584 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wanderer View Post

I forward over all of the Iraqi terrorist nonsense with Carter.

I missed nothing.

Yes I back on all precinct scenes. I miss nothing......

Just having a little fun
Ph8te is offline  
post #294 of 2162 Old 12-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
Roger Lococco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jamaica,Queens
Posts: 969
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
tonight's episode was excellent, also good to see Legend Of The Seeker's Bridget Regan again.
Roger Lococco is offline  
post #295 of 2162 Old 12-15-2011, 08:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ricwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Layton, Utah
Posts: 2,964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Lots of improbabilities and a few roll-your-eyes moments in tonight's episode, but it was very suspenseful. I like the added new dynamic of the CIA agents (even though they need some practice at the firing range).

The writers are doing a good job of weaving the stand alone mystery of the week with the broader serial aspects of the storylines. There's just enough of the serial aspect to be motivating to watch every episode in order to learn more background about the central characters.

This is a good solid series.
ricwhite is offline  
post #296 of 2162 Old 12-15-2011, 11:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
73shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KC, MO area
Posts: 2,231
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Hope Reese can recover from a gut shot in one week.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
73shark is offline  
post #297 of 2162 Old 12-16-2011, 01:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Joxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southern CA
Posts: 5,212
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post

tonight's episode was excellent, also good to see Legend Of The Seeker's Bridget Regan again.

yeah - she looked really RED hot too.

ended on a cliffhanger for the mid-season break?
Joxer is offline  
post #298 of 2162 Old 12-16-2011, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bonscott87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Wilds of West Michigan
Posts: 3,964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Hope Reese can recover from a gut shot in one week.

Well, it's done until next year, so he has some time to heal up.

Scott
bonscott87 is offline  
post #299 of 2162 Old 12-16-2011, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ricwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Layton, Utah
Posts: 2,964
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post

Well, it's done until next year, so he has some time to heal up.


Yes, I think they have learned that the best time to shoot someone is right before an extended break, although I DO remember that Reese's shot in the shoulder earlier in the season healed up within the episode.
ricwhite is offline  
post #300 of 2162 Old 12-16-2011, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Davidt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,269
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Guy pretended to be a CSU cop at a crime scene and no one blinked an eye. Could it get lamer than this?

Does that police woman ever smile?
Davidt1 is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off