'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD - Page 103 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 267Likes

post #3061 of 3066 Old 07-02-2016, 10:00 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1828 Post(s)
Liked: 2179
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
So, what happened to the noxious little bastard that was the physical manifestation of Samaritan?
He became The Witness.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend CBM-170 SE, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: Sierra 1 | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | NAD HP50 | AKG K550 | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | DX50 | E12 | X1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3062 of 3066 Old 07-24-2016, 04:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Hard to decide which was worse; the last episode here, or that supposed last episode of the X Files mini series?

Free, abundant OTA television separates this country from many others. ATSC1 has only been in force since 2009. The wireless industry has enough spectrum. Enough of 'planned obsolesce'.
post #3063 of 3066 Old 09-04-2016, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 465
My POI S1 recordings were analog, so I've been re-recording S1 on WGN in digital for the sake of posterity. It seemed strange that every episode was editing down to within a second or two of 40:35. I compared an episode with a 90-second difference and as near as I can tell, WGN seems to be speeding playback by about 2 seconds per minute. Is that common practice in syndication?

WGN is also sloppy about airing different episodes than scheduled - I'm having to look up credits to see if correct episodes aired...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
post #3064 of 3066 Old 09-10-2016, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Welp... All caught up now... That was painfully sad. RIP poi. You'll be missed greatly.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #3065 of 3066 Old 09-10-2016, 11:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
So you had a problem with that, but no problem with Samaritan sending data out when it was airgapped? Or that no one would put servers in a vault because of thermal issues and a lack of ventilation? Or the fact that a satellite wouldn't have the computing horsepower to run Samaritan or The Machine? Or how The Machine knew what Samaritan was doing while it was airgapped?
Lolol.. Or the gun/car chase scenes...

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Last edited by Vipfreak; 09-11-2016 at 03:39 AM.
post #3066 of 3066 Old 09-11-2016, 12:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
So you had a problem with that, but no problem with Samaritan sending data out when it was airgapped? Or that no one would put servers in a vault because of thermal issues and a lack of ventilation? Or the fact that a satellite wouldn't have the computing horsepower to run Samaritan or The Machine? Or how The Machine knew what Samaritan was doing while it was airgapped?

In defense of the show, slightly, Samaritan was only airgapped while it was stand-alone. As soon as Finch plugged his laptop into the hardware running Samaritan, it had a way out through the network connection in Finch's laptop. That also appears to be how Northern Lights new what Samaritan was doing. As far as the rest of your objections: I fully agree--especially how Samaritan had been running on that enormous bank of supercomputers scattered around the world, or so it seemed, now reduced to a single solar powered satellite.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page