Forum Jump: 
 24Likes

post #361 of 2260 Old 01-21-2012, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I'm still liking this (despite the Batman voice), but found the integration of Carter into the team to be a bit weak. Maybe it's just her character lately - I never did buy into her backstory from Iraq, it just wasn't very believable. However, overall the show is still very interesting, and I don't generally watch any procedurals.

As for the new kid, didn't he say his father left him his "half of the company"? That would indicate that he and Finch share the wealth and could set up future conflict as the kid hangs around. The other plots that are weaving into place also set up some coming issues well.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 2260 Old 01-21-2012, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Flint I think the issue with Carter's backstory is the episode that contained it, the actress playing Carter was not very believable.

Wish the girl lawyer was hanging around for more episodes she was a cutie.
post #363 of 2260 Old 01-21-2012, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Agreed!!!
post #364 of 2260 Old 01-21-2012, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I hope the boss of the bad guy is in more episodes as well. She really trips my trigger.

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!

My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
post #365 of 2260 Old 01-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

yes, April Hernandez-Castillo aka April Lee Hernandez is rather mouthwatering...
post #366 of 2260 Old 01-23-2012, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Just got around to watching this. I find it hard to believe that someone would shred one single piece of paper at a time, especially in a company setting. Heck my littler personal shredder at home takes 10 pieces at once. I've seen personnel in my company shredding and they feed it a dozen papers at a time.

post #367 of 2260 Old 01-23-2012, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Just got around to watching this. I find it hard to believe that someone would shred one single piece of paper at a time, especially in a company setting. Heck my littler personal shredder at home takes 10 pieces at once. I've seen personnel in my company shredding and they feed it a dozen papers at a time.

Yeah ... but this was DCFS ... can't afford one of them fancy multi-sheet shredders, not to mention, the mound of paper work to needed to requisition one.
post #368 of 2260 Old 02-02-2012, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Finally an episode worth watching in an otherwise dismal show!

Morgan is back, and there is definitely chemistry between her and Reese. There is that spark in the way they glance at each other.

The Reese/Finch vigilante team now has a formidable opponent who is smart and seems to know everything about them.

Who is this lady? Is she someone new, or somebody who has crossed path with them before?
post #369 of 2260 Old 02-02-2012, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 48
At first I thought it might be Zoe but she didn't have the nail polish that the mystery lady had. I think she's a new character. Harold has met his match.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #370 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 06:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

At first I thought it might be Zoe but she didn't have the nail polish that the mystery lady had. I think she's a new character. Harold has met his match.

I agree that the mystery lady, who typed the evil Matheson's suicide note and managed somehow to have him killed by remote control, was not Zoe. Not only did we not see the mystery lady's characteristic nearly black nail polish on Zoe, I thought the mystery lady had darker hair, too. Anyway, it appears that the mystery lady is as scary good at tech stuff as Finch is. Also, she is as cold bloodedly ruthless as Reese. She will be a worthy opponent indeed.

I continue to really enjoy Person of Interest and look forward to it every week. It's not in a class with Justified or Southland by quite a bit but it's pretty good.
post #371 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Yeah, this is a rather fun romp - entertaining when not taken too seriously. It appears that they wanted to bring a 'Moriarty' type character for Reese and Finch for a once-in-a-while episode, much like they do on Castle with the evil overseers that murdered Beckett's Mom. Kind of like they are tossing a bone to those of us that like serial type shows.

I think that the evil mystery lady had shorter, curlier hair than Zoe, and pudgier hands. And I also think that Zoe is really, really hot.
post #372 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree that the mystery lady, who typed the evil Matheson's suicide note and managed somehow to have him killed by remote control, was not Zoe. Not only did we not see the mystery lady's characteristic nearly black nail polish on Zoe, I thought the mystery lady had darker hair, too. Anyway, it appears that the mystery lady is as scary good at tech stuff as Finch is. Also, she is as cold bloodedly ruthless as Reese. She will be a worthy opponent indeed.

I continue to really enjoy Person of Interest and look forward to it every week. It's not in a class with Justified or Southland by quite a bit but it's pretty good.

Also with no disrespect Zoe at her age would have a more difficult time not standing out using the absent student's room
post #373 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Also with no disrespect Zoe at her age would have a more difficult time not standing out using the absent student's room

I never got a very good idea as to what the mystery lady's age might be. As beautiful as Paige Turco, who plays Zoe is, she is nearly 47 years old, so I agree that she probably would have a hard time passing as a college coed living in a dorm room.
post #374 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Very good episode last night, the bathroom fight scene had everything, a flushing toilet, hand dryer turned on, and used for a knock-out blow, and a bugging device on the toilet paper...Come on!!
Also like it that Reese gets his Butt kicked a bit....Good Mens Room tussle, the Hit Man was tough guy...
post #375 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I was kind of expecting the Hit Man to take a fall on to the tracks.

This is my favorite new show this season. Almost as fun as Castle.

Going to sign up for Dish Network? PM me for a ClubDish referral number that will give you a $50 credit on your first bill.
post #376 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member

And the real scary thing is that NYC is already doing most of this. (See 60 Minutes episode the week after PoI debuted) And if a large city is doing this, one can only imagine what the Feds are doing. Just saw on the news where some states and cities are using drones w/ cameras to monitor "suspects".

post #377 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I loved last night's episode. It brought the best of everything from the season so far together.

The mystery women could be Annie Parise.

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!

My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
post #378 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 06:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Ok. While I completely understand that this was a "throw away" episode to set up the mystery opponent and to set up good episodes to come, the ending was not satisfying. They set up a really great two parter and then in the last act, booted it. I told my wife there was no way they could wrap up the episode with less than 7 minutes of actual air time. It had to be a two part episode. I wish they could have properly done this episode in two parts and do the introduction of the mystery opponent embedded within it. JJ's crew has the talent to do that. They failed in that department.

At this point, I am not convinced it the mystery opponent is a woman either.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
post #379 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still a lot of fun. They seem to have put the Detective in a lesser role of "helpmate" now, vs the earlier lead character/adversary role. The new mystery villain is interesting to say the least and I hope they don't just give it all away too soon.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #380 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

The mystery women could be Annie Parise.

Is that a guess or was she listed in the credits?

post #381 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

Still a lot of fun. They seem to have put the Detective in a lesser role of "helpmate" now, vs the earlier lead character/adversary role...

I read somewhere that getting Detective Carter into a friendlier role was at the request of the Network Brass. The showrunners said it was their intention to eventually get there, but since the Network really wanted it to happen, they just pushed it up quicker than they had originally planned.

Personally, I kind of liked having a little game of Cat and Mouse with Carter, in addition to their weekly mission.
post #382 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 04:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Good episode. I hope they develop the plot with the new addition. Who is/was Annie Parise?

I counted eleven exec. producers/producers/co-producers etc. in the opening credit list. How can you have eleven of anyone? What's this, corporate up-sizing?
How many producers does a TV series need anyway??? No wonder Fox complained about certain programs "not making any money".

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
post #383 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 09:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Reese/Finch continue to build up a great duo, their interaction has improved so much as the season unfolded .. and IMO one of the reasons the show is as good as it is ..

Another draw for me is the accuracy of the computer scenes .. although they might not be spot on perfect each and every time, they are very close .. the consultant is doing a great job on keeping that part real ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #384 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Reese/Finch continue to build up a great duo, their interaction has improved so much as the season unfolded .. and IMO one of the reasons the show is as good as it is ..

Another draw for me is the accuracy of the computer scenes .. although they might not be spot on perfect each and every time, they are very close .. the consultant is doing a great job on keeping that part real ..

In general, yes. Not sure about cracking WPA in about 2 seconds though. The guy must have been using the password "password" for that to happen.
post #385 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 11:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post

In general, yes. Not sure about cracking WPA in about 2 seconds though. The guy must have been using the password "password" for that to happen.

Most users are not very imaginative when choosing a password ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #386 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Any study of passwords that I've seen always says that the most common password is "password". Go figure.

I didn't notice any attempts by Reese to delve into Finch's private world. Could have missed it tho.

post #387 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 12:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Any study of passwords that I've seen always says that the most common password is "password". Go figure.

I didn't notice any attempts by Reese to delve into Finch's private world. Could have missed it tho.

In many cases, the user leaves the default, such as linksys .. 2011 most popular and worst passwords ...

password
qwerty
abc123
monkey
letmein
trustno1
dragon
baseball
iloveyou
master
sunshine
ashley
bailey
passw0rd
shadow

Uncle Willie

post #388 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 47
You forgot "wordpass"...

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
post #389 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Good episode. I hope they develop the plot with the new addition. Who is/was Annie Parise?

I counted eleven exec. producers/producers/co-producers etc. in the opening credit list. How can you have eleven of anyone? What's this, corporate up-sizing?
How many producers does a TV series need anyway??? No wonder Fox complained about certain programs "not making any money".

Annie Parise played ADA Borgia on Law&Order during the last season that Jack McCoy was executive ADA. Her character was brutally attacked (in her own home) and murdered in the last episode of that season. McCoy wanted to be the prosecutor for the murder case but a state attorney stepped in at the last moment.

Only the second principal character to be murdered in the series history (first was Det. Max Greevey in the first episode of the second season - the actor portraying him decided not to return so they used a stand-in for him).
post #390 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

Annie Parise played ADA Borgia on Law&Order during the last season that Jack McCoy was executive ADA. Her character was brutally attacked (in her own home) and murdered in the last episode of that season. McCoy wanted to be the prosecutor for the murder case but a state attorney stepped in at the last moment.

Only the second principal character to be murdered in the series history (first was Det. Max Greevey in the first episode of the second season - the actor portraying him decided not to return so they used a stand-in for him).

Yeah I think she was one of best of bunch of ADA's that were on L&O , Seems to me that she came off as the best actor compared to the other women .
I think she was the Hottest as well ..

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page