'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 2260 Old 01-21-2012, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
flint350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Baltimore, Md.
Posts: 2,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I'm still liking this (despite the Batman voice), but found the integration of Carter into the team to be a bit weak. Maybe it's just her character lately - I never did buy into her backstory from Iraq, it just wasn't very believable. However, overall the show is still very interesting, and I don't generally watch any procedurals.

As for the new kid, didn't he say his father left him his "half of the company"? That would indicate that he and Finch share the wealth and could set up future conflict as the kid hangs around. The other plots that are weaving into place also set up some coming issues well.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
flint350 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 2260 Old 01-21-2012, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jamieva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Midlothian, VA
Posts: 2,216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Flint I think the issue with Carter's backstory is the episode that contained it, the actress playing Carter was not very believable.

Wish the girl lawyer was hanging around for more episodes she was a cutie.
jamieva is offline  
post #363 of 2260 Old 01-21-2012, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Kevin12586's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY
Posts: 4,059
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Wish the girl lawyer was hanging around for more episodes she was a cutie.

Agreed!!!
Kevin12586 is offline  
post #364 of 2260 Old 01-21-2012, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ericglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Just below the US in South Florida
Posts: 6,292
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I hope the boss of the bad guy is in more episodes as well. She really trips my trigger.

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!


My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
Ericglo is offline  
post #365 of 2260 Old 01-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
Roger Lococco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jamaica,Queens
Posts: 972
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post

Wish the girl lawyer was hanging around for more episodes she was a cutie.

yes, April Hernandez-Castillo aka April Lee Hernandez is rather mouthwatering...
Roger Lococco is offline  
post #366 of 2260 Old 01-23-2012, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,092
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Just got around to watching this. I find it hard to believe that someone would shred one single piece of paper at a time, especially in a company setting. Heck my littler personal shredder at home takes 10 pieces at once. I've seen personnel in my company shredding and they feed it a dozen papers at a time.

WilliamR is offline  
post #367 of 2260 Old 01-23-2012, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
HDTVChallenged's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 8,494
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Just got around to watching this. I find it hard to believe that someone would shred one single piece of paper at a time, especially in a company setting. Heck my littler personal shredder at home takes 10 pieces at once. I've seen personnel in my company shredding and they feed it a dozen papers at a time.

Yeah ... but this was DCFS ... can't afford one of them fancy multi-sheet shredders, not to mention, the mound of paper work to needed to requisition one.
HDTVChallenged is offline  
post #368 of 2260 Old 02-02-2012, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Davidt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Finally an episode worth watching in an otherwise dismal show!

Morgan is back, and there is definitely chemistry between her and Reese. There is that spark in the way they glance at each other.

The Reese/Finch vigilante team now has a formidable opponent who is smart and seems to know everything about them.

Who is this lady? Is she someone new, or somebody who has crossed path with them before?
Davidt1 is offline  
post #369 of 2260 Old 02-02-2012, 10:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
73shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KC, MO area
Posts: 2,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 48
At first I thought it might be Zoe but she didn't have the nail polish that the mystery lady had. I think she's a new character. Harold has met his match.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
73shark is offline  
post #370 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 06:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,725
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

At first I thought it might be Zoe but she didn't have the nail polish that the mystery lady had. I think she's a new character. Harold has met his match.

I agree that the mystery lady, who typed the evil Matheson's suicide note and managed somehow to have him killed by remote control, was not Zoe. Not only did we not see the mystery lady's characteristic nearly black nail polish on Zoe, I thought the mystery lady had darker hair, too. Anyway, it appears that the mystery lady is as scary good at tech stuff as Finch is. Also, she is as cold bloodedly ruthless as Reese. She will be a worthy opponent indeed.

I continue to really enjoy Person of Interest and look forward to it every week. It's not in a class with Justified or Southland by quite a bit but it's pretty good.
gwsat is offline  
post #371 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
rsambuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Yeah, this is a rather fun romp - entertaining when not taken too seriously. It appears that they wanted to bring a 'Moriarty' type character for Reese and Finch for a once-in-a-while episode, much like they do on Castle with the evil overseers that murdered Beckett's Mom. Kind of like they are tossing a bone to those of us that like serial type shows.

I think that the evil mystery lady had shorter, curlier hair than Zoe, and pudgier hands. And I also think that Zoe is really, really hot.
rsambuca is offline  
post #372 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
philw1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Back in New Hampshire
Posts: 1,388
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I agree that the mystery lady, who typed the evil Matheson's suicide note and managed somehow to have him killed by remote control, was not Zoe. Not only did we not see the mystery lady's characteristic nearly black nail polish on Zoe, I thought the mystery lady had darker hair, too. Anyway, it appears that the mystery lady is as scary good at tech stuff as Finch is. Also, she is as cold bloodedly ruthless as Reese. She will be a worthy opponent indeed.

I continue to really enjoy Person of Interest and look forward to it every week. It's not in a class with Justified or Southland by quite a bit but it's pretty good.

Also with no disrespect Zoe at her age would have a more difficult time not standing out using the absent student's room
philw1776 is offline  
post #373 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,725
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Also with no disrespect Zoe at her age would have a more difficult time not standing out using the absent student's room

I never got a very good idea as to what the mystery lady's age might be. As beautiful as Paige Turco, who plays Zoe is, she is nearly 47 years old, so I agree that she probably would have a hard time passing as a college coed living in a dorm room.
gwsat is offline  
post #374 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ray Lucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 642
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Very good episode last night, the bathroom fight scene had everything, a flushing toilet, hand dryer turned on, and used for a knock-out blow, and a bugging device on the toilet paper...Come on!!
Also like it that Reese gets his Butt kicked a bit....Good Mens Room tussle, the Hit Man was tough guy...
Ray Lucca is offline  
post #375 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CycloneGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Boyds, Maryland Useful Posts: 15
Posts: 6,477
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I was kind of expecting the Hit Man to take a fall on to the tracks.

This is my favorite new show this season. Almost as fun as Castle.

Going to sign up for Dish Network? PM me for a ClubDish referral number that will give you a $50 credit on your first bill.
CycloneGT is offline  
post #376 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 03:18 PM
AVS Special Member
 
73shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KC, MO area
Posts: 2,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 48
And the real scary thing is that NYC is already doing most of this. (See 60 Minutes episode the week after PoI debuted) And if a large city is doing this, one can only imagine what the Feds are doing. Just saw on the news where some states and cities are using drones w/ cameras to monitor "suspects".

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
73shark is offline  
post #377 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Ericglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Just below the US in South Florida
Posts: 6,292
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I loved last night's episode. It brought the best of everything from the season so far together.

The mystery women could be Annie Parise.

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!


My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
Ericglo is offline  
post #378 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 06:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
foxeng's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Where ever I am is where I am.
Posts: 14,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Ok. While I completely understand that this was a "throw away" episode to set up the mystery opponent and to set up good episodes to come, the ending was not satisfying. They set up a really great two parter and then in the last act, booted it. I told my wife there was no way they could wrap up the episode with less than 7 minutes of actual air time. It had to be a two part episode. I wish they could have properly done this episode in two parts and do the introduction of the mystery opponent embedded within it. JJ's crew has the talent to do that. They failed in that department.

At this point, I am not convinced it the mystery opponent is a woman either.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
foxeng is online now  
post #379 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
flint350's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Baltimore, Md.
Posts: 2,164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Still a lot of fun. They seem to have put the Detective in a lesser role of "helpmate" now, vs the earlier lead character/adversary role. The new mystery villain is interesting to say the least and I hope they don't just give it all away too soon.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
flint350 is offline  
post #380 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
73shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KC, MO area
Posts: 2,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post


The mystery women could be Annie Parise.

Is that a guess or was she listed in the credits?

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
73shark is offline  
post #381 of 2260 Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
rsambuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

Still a lot of fun. They seem to have put the Detective in a lesser role of "helpmate" now, vs the earlier lead character/adversary role...

I read somewhere that getting Detective Carter into a friendlier role was at the request of the Network Brass. The showrunners said it was their intention to eventually get there, but since the Network really wanted it to happen, they just pushed it up quicker than they had originally planned.

Personally, I kind of liked having a little game of Cat and Mouse with Carter, in addition to their weekly mission.
rsambuca is offline  
post #382 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 04:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
videobruce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Buffalo NY
Posts: 15,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Good episode. I hope they develop the plot with the new addition. Who is/was Annie Parise?

I counted eleven exec. producers/producers/co-producers etc. in the opening credit list. How can you have eleven of anyone? What's this, corporate up-sizing?
How many producers does a TV series need anyway??? No wonder Fox complained about certain programs "not making any money".

.
.
Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way. If you like Wi-Fi so much, OTA fits right in. After all, it is wireless.
videobruce is offline  
post #383 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 09:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,803
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Reese/Finch continue to build up a great duo, their interaction has improved so much as the season unfolded .. and IMO one of the reasons the show is as good as it is ..

Another draw for me is the accuracy of the computer scenes .. although they might not be spot on perfect each and every time, they are very close .. the consultant is doing a great job on keeping that part real ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #384 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
lexluthor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 856
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Reese/Finch continue to build up a great duo, their interaction has improved so much as the season unfolded .. and IMO one of the reasons the show is as good as it is ..

Another draw for me is the accuracy of the computer scenes .. although they might not be spot on perfect each and every time, they are very close .. the consultant is doing a great job on keeping that part real ..

In general, yes. Not sure about cracking WPA in about 2 seconds though. The guy must have been using the password "password" for that to happen.
lexluthor is offline  
post #385 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 11:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,803
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post

In general, yes. Not sure about cracking WPA in about 2 seconds though. The guy must have been using the password "password" for that to happen.

Most users are not very imaginative when choosing a password ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #386 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
73shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KC, MO area
Posts: 2,241
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Any study of passwords that I've seen always says that the most common password is "password". Go figure.

I didn't notice any attempts by Reese to delve into Finch's private world. Could have missed it tho.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
73shark is offline  
post #387 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 12:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 10,803
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

Any study of passwords that I've seen always says that the most common password is "password". Go figure.

I didn't notice any attempts by Reese to delve into Finch's private world. Could have missed it tho.

In many cases, the user leaves the default, such as linksys .. 2011 most popular and worst passwords ...

password
123456
12345678
qwerty
abc123
monkey
1234567
letmein
trustno1
dragon
baseball
111111
iloveyou
master
sunshine
ashley
bailey
passw0rd
shadow
123123

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #388 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
rezzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 7,768
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 47
You forgot "wordpass"...

"I knew you'd say that"...*BLAM!*
rezzy is offline  
post #389 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
humdinger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,686
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post

Good episode. I hope they develop the plot with the new addition. Who is/was Annie Parise?

I counted eleven exec. producers/producers/co-producers etc. in the opening credit list. How can you have eleven of anyone? What's this, corporate up-sizing?
How many producers does a TV series need anyway??? No wonder Fox complained about certain programs "not making any money".

Annie Parise played ADA Borgia on Law&Order during the last season that Jack McCoy was executive ADA. Her character was brutally attacked (in her own home) and murdered in the last episode of that season. McCoy wanted to be the prosecutor for the murder case but a state attorney stepped in at the last moment.

Only the second principal character to be murdered in the series history (first was Det. Max Greevey in the first episode of the second season - the actor portraying him decided not to return so they used a stand-in for him).
humdinger70 is offline  
post #390 of 2260 Old 02-04-2012, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

Annie Parise played ADA Borgia on Law&Order during the last season that Jack McCoy was executive ADA. Her character was brutally attacked (in her own home) and murdered in the last episode of that season. McCoy wanted to be the prosecutor for the murder case but a state attorney stepped in at the last moment.

Only the second principal character to be murdered in the series history (first was Det. Max Greevey in the first episode of the second season - the actor portraying him decided not to return so they used a stand-in for him).

Yeah I think she was one of best of bunch of ADA's that were on L&O , Seems to me that she came off as the best actor compared to the other women .
I think she was the Hottest as well ..

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off