post #541 of 2168 Old 04-27-2012, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

I thought last night's episode was excellent, especially the back story. Things with the CIA are about the pick up.

I just knew Anna Parisse wasn't dead...now...what kind of a factor will she play. Will she ally with Reese, be an independent player, a new enemy...or will she just cleanout the CIA and trot off into the sunset. So many possiblities...

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 2168 Old 04-27-2012, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Its hard to buy into this if he's gonna take a bullet every week. he's gettin shot way too often now. And why didnt he get shot in the head last night?
post #543 of 2168 Old 04-28-2012, 08:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post

I thought last night's episode was excellent, especially the back story. Things with the CIA are about the pick up.

I think the "ROOT" has been exposed. Cara Stanton.

I never was convinced she was killed, by anyone. It never rang true to me. I think I even expressed this a time two in this thread. This episode proves that at least in the aftermath of the China mission she lived and she too appears to be on the run from the same CIA ops (rogue?) Reese is running from and both John and Cara appear to fear each other not knowing the real intent of the other. A triangle (CIA/John/Cara) that is similar to the Fusco/Carter/John-Harold triangle. No one really knowing the other part of the triangle. But it could be that Cara is using the CIA to get to John for her own reasons and is in league with them and she is using ROOT to do it. We may find out this season or it may linger into next season. Lots of ways this could go, some we haven't even thought of yet. The mystery is one of the things I love about this show. You really have to pay attention or something important will get by you.

If Fusco is really as smart as he says and thinks he is, he should now know that Carter is also working for John and Harold since his HR boss said to John in the old gym "so here's Carter's guardian angel" before Fusco shot him. But he may not still be able to put 2 and 2 together on that score yet for the story line. It makes for a better story to keep Carter and Fusco in the dark about each other at this point. I suspect at some point, it will be better if they work together, maybe not yet.

Three episodes left of this season. Looks like the season finale is called "Firewall". Lots of ways that could go. It could be ROOT is back, or it could be in one of numerous real life meanings.

Glad this show has been renewed for next season. This summer is going to be a LONG one.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
post #544 of 2168 Old 04-28-2012, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

I never was convinced she was killed, by anyone. It never rang true to me. I think I even expressed this a time two in this thread. This episode proves that at least in the aftermath of the China mission she lived and she too appears to be on the run from the same CIA ops (rogue?) Reese is running from and both John and Cara appear to fear each other not knowing the real intent of the other. A triangle (CIA/John/Cara) that is similar to the Fusco/Carter/John-Harold triangle. No one really knowing the other part of the triangle. But it could be that Cara is using the CIA to get to John for her own reasons and is in league with them and she is using ROOT to do it. We may find out this season or it may linger into next season. Lots of ways this could go, some we haven't even thought of yet. The mystery is one of the things I love about this show. You really have to pay attention or something important will get by you.

If Fusco is really as smart as he says and thinks he is, he should now know that Carter is also working for John and Harold since his HR boss said to John in the old gym "so here's Carter's guardian angel" before Fusco shot him. But he may not still be able to put 2 and 2 together on that score yet for the story line. It makes for a better story to keep Carter and Fusco in the dark about each other at this point. I suspect at some point, it will be better if they work together, maybe not yet.

Three episodes left of this season. Looks like the season finale is called "Firewall". Lots of ways that could go. It could be ROOT is back, or it could be in one of numerous real life meanings.

Glad this show has been renewed for next season. This summer is going to be a LONG one.

++11oo

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #545 of 2168 Old 04-28-2012, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What or who is ROOT? The hacker-nemesis of Harold? The only thing that I saw revealed through the CIA backstory was that both Reese and Cara were betrayed by the same handler. Then she was dropped back in the modern story settling old debts and getting more information. There's a ton of ways this could go...however, she did off the Chinese survivor as soon as he mentioned "the machine", so she obviously has/had more information than Reese ever did.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #546 of 2168 Old 04-28-2012, 11:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

What or who is ROOT? The hacker-nemesis of Harold?

Yes. Introduced in the episode entitled "ROOT".

Quote:

The only thing that I saw revealed through the CIA backstory was that both Reese and Cara were betrayed by the same handler. Then she was dropped back in the modern story settling old debts and getting more information. There's a ton of ways this could go...however, she did off the Chinese survivor as soon as he mentioned "the machine", so she obviously has/had more information than Reese ever did.

No one is debating the issue that Cara CLEARLY has more info than John. She always has. That makes her more dangerous if she is indeed ROOT. Loose ends at best at this point as far as what we, the audience knows. Lots of conjecture. I hope this is a build up to a great season finale.

On a side note, who else recognized Special Forces Op Terry Schappert from History Channel's "Warriors" as the Team B ops leader in China?

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
post #547 of 2168 Old 04-28-2012, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Finally got a hold of the premiere episode. I'll stick with it. There are shows that are ending for me so this will pick up a bit of slack. I can tell batman wannabe is gonna get on my nerves with that voice. (I had seeked some peaks in this thread)

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
post #548 of 2168 Old 04-30-2012, 12:06 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm starting to catch up on this show. I'm really starting to like it. Poor Fusco. lol

post #549 of 2168 Old 04-30-2012, 05:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

Poor Fusco. lol

He is a lovable stooge!

post #550 of 2168 Old 04-30-2012, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:

I'm starting to catch up on this show. I'm really starting to like it. Poor Fusco. lol

Quote:

He is a lovable stooge!

Poor Fusco, the stooge, saved Reese this week, so not so much a stooge. I want to know when the two cops are going to realize that they work with the same guys.

This show seems to have four "big bads" which makes it hard to figure out. Is the big bad, the CIA, HR, That mysterious hacker, or (forget his name) Veronica Mars' dad? some combination of the above, maybe?

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #551 of 2168 Old 05-01-2012, 12:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Finally caught up and loving it. Wish I didn't burn though all of them so fast. Anyway, looking back a bit on some of the recent posts I'm excited to know Annie Parisse maybe still around.

The last episode had Pablo Schreiber. LOVE that guy from Weeds! A lot of great guest actors/actresses or people in this show. (forget all of them)

Also love that Reese made use of the KRISS gun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnKd6iXHTQg

post #552 of 2168 Old 05-03-2012, 11:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Repost from Hot Off the Press Thread

TV Notes
'Person of Interest': An apt description
Interest in this new CBS drama has grown since fall
By Louisa Ada Seltzer, Media Life Magazine - May 3, 2012

CBS's "Person of Interest," about two men who try to fight crimes before they happen, launched with a good amount of buzz last fall, but its numbers weren't that impressive.

The show, which airs tonight at 9 p.m., debuted to a solid 3.1 adults 18-49 rating, well below the debuts for surprise hits "2 Broke Girls," "New Girl" and "Once Upon A Time."

Still, CBS shows have a way of gaining momentum. Now, more than six months later, "Person" may well be this season's best success story.

Its most striking feat is actually seeing its viewership rise as the season went on. The show hit a series high, a 3.3, a month ago, at a point where "Girls," "Girl" and "Time" had all dipped by nearly a third from their premieres.

It was no doubt helped by the strong ratings at midseason for CBS's "The Big Bang Theory," which leads off the network's Thursday lineup and has given all the shows following it some momentum.

"Interest" is the season's No. 1 new show among total viewers, averaging 13.3 million per week.

With that strong base and its improvement in 18-49s, it's not surprising that CBS has already renewed "Interest" for a second season. It was picked up along with 17 other shows in March, although just two new shows were on that list, "Interest" and "Girls."

http://www.medialifemagazine.com/art...escription.asp

post #553 of 2168 Old 05-04-2012, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I really like last night's episode. Kinda dark, but that's what I liked about it.
post #554 of 2168 Old 05-04-2012, 06:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Boy, those Marshals are a bunch of wimps.

Man walks in secure Federal building, travels through building, bitch slaps four guys (some with firearms), walks out unabated.

Clint Eastwood, eat your heat out. Gotta love it.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #555 of 2168 Old 05-04-2012, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I haven't seen all the episodes. Can someone tell me what the significance of the key and the apartment was?

Thanks. Bill
post #556 of 2168 Old 05-04-2012, 06:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 133
That makes two of us. I believe it has/had something to do with his old girlfriend. Kinda got lost of this part.

Abundant OTA television is what makes this country different from all others. Lets keep it this way.
The Internet is no place for streaming video.
post #557 of 2168 Old 05-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Kib
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchbill View Post

I haven't seen all the episodes. Can someone tell me what the significance of the key and the apartment was?

Thanks. Bill

It was a birthday gift from Finch. They showed the s*ithole he was living in prior. Finch set up up with a nice place near the park where he enjoys playing chess with the old guy on his day's off. Just a nice gesture.
post #558 of 2168 Old 05-04-2012, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kib View Post

It was a birthday gift from Finch. They showed the s*ithole he was living in prior. Finch set up up with a nice place near the park where he enjoys playing chess with the old guy on his day's off. Just a nice gesture.

It also told me that Finch had been watching him from there at times.

My Maelstrom-18" EGG build.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #559 of 2168 Old 05-04-2012, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Good episode, look forward to this show every week now. I do wonder though how long they can keep this up before it comes another "cop" show (I say that since it's the closest example). Or I can use Burn Notice as an example I suppose.

post #560 of 2168 Old 05-05-2012, 12:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Good episode, look forward to this show every week now. I do wonder though how long they can keep this up before it comes another "cop" show (I say that since it's the closest example). Or I can use Burn Notice as an example I suppose.

The show has gotten more complex and backstory centric as the season progressed. The procedural aspect will always be the framework. It has to be, but the numbers and how they relate to the main characters are getting richer. I'm not saying you won't get bored, but for now, the show's quality is rising.

post #561 of 2168 Old 05-05-2012, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Definitely.

post #562 of 2168 Old 05-06-2012, 09:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

The show has gotten more complex and backstory centric as the season progressed. The procedural aspect will always be the framework. It has to be, but the numbers and how they relate to the main characters are getting richer. I'm not saying you won't get bored, but for now, the show's quality is rising.

I liked the show from the beginning because of the talent of its stars. I agree that it has got even better because of the deepening complexity of John and Harold's backstories. Like any weekly series it may run out of steam but so far, so good.
post #563 of 2168 Old 05-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I liked the show from the beginning because of the talent of its stars. I agree that it has got even better because of the deepening complexity of John and Harold's backstories. Like any weekly series it may run out of steam but so far, so good.

As I've mentioned previously, I was in originally because of Jonathan Nolan. The guy can write. No way to dispute that. He's written/co-written some fabulous screenplays (Dark Knight, Memento, Prestige). Not surprised that this show has been so good and so well written.
post #564 of 2168 Old 05-06-2012, 01:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post

As I've mentioned previously, I was in originally because of Jonathan Nolan. The guy can write. No way to dispute that. He's written/co-written some fabulous screenplays (Dark Knight, Memento, Prestige). Not surprised that this show has been so good and so well written.

That's right, when I posted I had forgotten that Jonathan Nolan had co-written the fabulous screenplays with his brother Christopher for his brother's films. The boy does indeed do good work.
post #565 of 2168 Old 05-06-2012, 05:25 PM

Liked: 10
I love this show.But,yes it has progressed through the season.Watched 1 of the early Oct. re-runs last night and it is nowhere near as complex as the last shows are.
post #566 of 2168 Old 05-06-2012, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

The beginning was nice because they had a lot more anonymity so it felt more secret and spy like. Now they are more just vigilante like and it's funny even after seeing both Reese and Finch's faces the task force still don't know how to track them. They've been forced to get a little sloppy because Reese gets hurt or Finch does something he probably shouldn't have.

post #567 of 2168 Old 05-06-2012, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 48
So far Reese has poked a finger in the eye of and is actively being hounded by the CIA, FBI, NYPD, and U.S. Marshall Service. "The Machine" apparently only operates in Metro NYC, so think of the possibilities of adding enemy agencies after Reese when "The Machine" expands its horizons and locates people under threat outside NYC?

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
post #568 of 2168 Old 05-06-2012, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

I guess that would be a natural progression.

post #569 of 2168 Old 05-07-2012, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

So far Reese has poked a finger in the eye of and is actively being hounded by the CIA, FBI, NYPD, and U.S. Marshall Service. "The Machine" apparently only operates in Metro NYC, so think of the possibilities of adding enemy agencies after Reese when "The Machine" expands its horizons and locates people under threat outside NYC?

Person of Interest: Los Angeles
post #570 of 2168 Old 05-07-2012, 07:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

If I remember correctly, they stated that the machine was only for NYC even though the feeds come from the NSA (in DC I suppose) since it is terror ground zero. It also makes the production of the show easier to stay in NYC as well. It does cost money to produce this shows.

Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page