Forum Jump: 

Old 02-22-2013, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post

Wow.  Fantastic episode.  They really brought a lot of the mythology together and it explained quite a bit without actually telling you.  I understand better what is going on with the greater "conspiracy" then ever before.    Honestly I thought Sarah was great in the role and I really hope she's back at some point. 

+1 ! I really enjoyed watching her on the series Life with Damien Lewis from Homeland. I wonder if the fact that her character's name on Life was also Reese adds to the "conspiracy" ? eek.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 31
What a show... Jonathan Nolan wrote the episode, did he also direct it?? It is always great to see Sarah Shahi, starting with Sleeper Cell and then with Tony in the Desert in The Sopranos, and of course with "Capt. Winters" on Life... How about the Jason Staitham move tackling the bad guy going through the window and using him as a shield when she hits the ground. No hesitation to shoot, including John.... Amy Acker did get the best of her, notice how she got out of the tie-downs and shot both bad guys... Was waiting for her to discuss "Root" with Harold... Do Harold and John even know Root was there??? No show next week??? They didn't show previews, or did I miss them??
Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Nolan directed. No show next week. Dang! What a show!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 50
I trust know one called Finch @917-285-7362 and placed themselves on Root's hit list.

First time I've seen a non-555 exchange on TV or film. It does have a machine that's full according to the Youtube video.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
Old 02-22-2013, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
After about 2-3 minutes in, I checked my channel to see if I was still watching POI. This episode totally surprised me. I thought it was really a good episode. smile.gif
yankeeman likes this.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

If I didn't know better I'd say this had spinoff written all over it. Interesting to see where they go with this plot point. Personally I think it would have been interesting to see or alternate between the dirty covert ops and Mr. Finch ops.

When they introduced the premise before the show started I thought it might be a decent procedural, but in just a couple of seasons it's developed into so much more. They have created such a rich tapestry that they can pull from so many sources for stories. The show is very onion or Russian Doll like, you remove one layer and there is so much more below it. Well done writers and producers.

About half way through, I thought back-door pilot myself. I have now decided that the death of Reese's old partner, presumably at the request of the actress, required a replacement. We got a season and a half of his former partner's back story given to us in bits during the shows, but in order to get us up to speed with this new character, they just devoted a whole show to her dramatic development. Now they can use her.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Old 02-22-2013, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

About half way through, I thought back-door pilot myself. I have now decided that the death of Reese's old partner, presumably at the request of the actress, required a replacement. We got a season and a half of his former partner's back story given to us in bits during the shows, but in order to get us up to speed with this new character, they just devoted a whole show to her dramatic development. Now they can use her.

It's a shame she's blown off this excellent show for a short lived bigger part in the train wreck that is the unintentionally comedic "The Following". With POI I had mild expectations, just wanting to see "Ben" again and wasn't really committed until a few episodes in as I began to appreciated the rich fabric of the characters, the slight tongue-in-cheek and the developing plot lines. With Kevin Bacon's much anticipated show and excellent cast, its been downwards every week.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Great episode. Best show on TV by a mile. I knew from the start, with Nolan heavily involved, that this would be worth watching. Maybe I'll watch Memento again this weekend.

No comments about Paul Sparks from Boardwalk Empire (Mickey Doyle) playing Wilson in this episode? Same funny speech patterns as in BE.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Episode was the most awesome thing I've seen in a long time.. well done!

Then to end it I almost fell from my chair laughing when "Bear" was licking Shaw's face...

What's that syndrome she was that she feels no remorse for killing people?

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
Old 02-22-2013, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxeng View Post

Finch really acted like he wanted Shaw to join the team. I knew something was up when the open credits were interrupted. To show the other side of the POI when you don't know John is there to help is a unique story line in itself ("Please do me a favor and don't shot me again.") and to see that the government calls the Machine "CONTROL" and how the government uses the Machine and it too only gets SSNs, no names!

Is that true? Are the numbers SSNs. How would they catch foreign nationals that don't have SSNs.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpillar View Post

Is that true? Are the numbers SSNs. How would they catch foreign nationals that don't have SSNs.
Perhaps some equivalent within a foreign national's government. They have to have some ID #. Don't overthink it...tongue.gif

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 225

I spent roughly half the episode asking myself... if that really the gal from Fairly Legal (only show I have seen her on) as she was completely different. :) The rest of the time I sat back and enjoyed the ride.

If you missed her drunk on Craig Ferguson it was a hoot...

Interview covering her role...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/20/sarah-shahi-discusses-her-person-of-interest-debut-if-jason-bourne-and-catwoman-had-a-child-this-would-be-her

Old 02-22-2013, 06:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 View Post

Quote:

Sidebar: second week of no Bear! frown.gif

Bear was there, he woke Shaw up in the ambulance licking her face and he was at Finch's feet for the last scene.

You are correct. I went back and looked on the DVR.

I stand corrected.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73shark View Post

I trust know one called Finch @917-285-7362 and placed themselves on Root's hit list.

First time I've seen a non-555 exchange on TV or film. It does have a machine that's full according to the Youtube video.

It is Harold's insurance cover. Smart thinking by the producers to go interactive. I like it.

All opinions expressed (unless otherwise noted) are the posters and NOT the posters employers. The poster in NO WAY is/will speak for his employers.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan G. View Post

Nolan directed. No show next week. Dang! What a show!

Last night was the last Thursday night in sweeps. Sweep ends next Wednesday. That is why.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Video from CBS site about this episode with the cast.
http://www.cbs.com/shows/person_of_interest/video/Bd_mMUVKOAT3nkWmt523h5j6s_53KlIu/person-of-interest-behind-the-scenes-relevance/
yankeeman likes this.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Thread Ender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Fox-
Cool.. Thanks for posting smile.gif

Don't ever make the MISTAKE of buying a Samsung TV..
They consider THIS
normal on a two month old set..

It's a shame that in the end TCU's playoff chances all came down to this . . .
Old 02-22-2013, 10:29 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
Very interesting, thanks!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 753
WoW ! What a Great episode , Sarah finally has a role that shows she has some acting chops smile.gif

P O I just keeps getting better & better

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Old 02-23-2013, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post

I spent roughly half the episode asking myself... if that really the gal from Fairly Legal (only show I have seen her on) as she was completely different. smile.gif The rest of the time I sat back and enjoyed the ride.

If you missed her drunk on Craig Ferguson it was a hoot...

Interview covering her role...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/20/sarah-shahi-discusses-her-person-of-interest-debut-if-jason-bourne-and-catwoman-had-a-child-this-would-be-her
If "Fairly Legal" is the only show you've seen her on then you must not watch a lot of TV as she's been around for years, most recently on a recurring role on "Chicago Fire" this season which she recently left. Hopefully, she will now be part of the POI cast or possibly even have a spin-off of this show (hope not... I'd rather see her on POI).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Shahi
Old 02-23-2013, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

Last night was the last Thursday night in sweeps. Sweep ends next Wednesday. That is why.

And March Madness coming up as well, may not be more then 1 (maybe 2) more new episodes until April.

Scott
Old 02-23-2013, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yeah, great episode. Finally a break from senior-one-man-army-jason-bourne Reese. Of all the gals that have appeared one the show I like Root the most. She is smart, ruthless and just plain crazy.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidt1 View Post

Yeah, great episode. Finally a break from senior-one-man-army-jason-bourne Reese. Of all the gals that have appeared one the show I like Root the most. She is smart, ruthless and just plain crazy.
You like Amy Acker better than Sarah Shahi??? confused.gif
Old 02-23-2013, 09:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 563
I loved this week's Person of Interest, particularly Sarah Shahi as the deadly little assassin, Sam Shaw. Was very relieved to see that she was not dead after all. With both Shahi and the equally luscious Amy Acker being front and center these days, my cup runneth over.smile.gif
Old 02-23-2013, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 57
I'm surprised nobody mentioned the appearance of Leon Tao, POI's favorite forensic accountant (as the EMT). That's his THIRD appearance this season. biggrin.gif
Old 02-23-2013, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the appearance of Leon Tao, POI's favorite forensic accountant (as the EMT). That's his THIRD appearance this season. biggrin.gif
Do we need to mention everything? smile.gif I saw him, but it never occurred to me to mention everyone who appeared on the show.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 82
Quote:

He'd be great in his own show. Maybe a cop buddy show with Josh Holloway?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

He has been on so many times now, he is practically a regular.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

You like Amy Acker better than Sarah Shahi??? confused.gif

Correct me if I am wrong. Wasn't Root the one who kicked the other girl's ass? Not in a fist fight, of course. I would still pick Root in a fist fight between them, too.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:

He has been on so many times now, he is practically a regular.
He is sort of an auxiliary member of the team the way I look at it, he could pop up anytime, anywhere, similar to how Bear gets used. biggrin.gif