'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD - Page 49 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1441 of 2156 Old 10-17-2013, 02:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BoilerJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by billatlakegeorge View Post

It looked to me as if Shaw's boobs where wrapped with duct tape. Maybe they're trying to take the focus off her hotness to make you see her acting ability, at least that's what I thought. eek.gif
I like Sarah Shahi, but she was certainly hotter in Fairly Legal.
BoilerJim is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1442 of 2156 Old 10-17-2013, 03:15 PM
AVS Club Gold
 
Keenan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 28,226
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

I like Sarah Shahi, but she was certainly hotter in Fairly Legal.
One of the best roles she's ever had was in NBC's "Life", also starring Damian Lewis, the rest of the cast wasn't too shabby either.
kittycarole likes this.
Keenan is offline  
post #1443 of 2156 Old 10-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ray Lucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 24
+ 1 Keenan, and Adam Arkin too in Life...
Ray Lucca is offline  
post #1444 of 2156 Old 10-17-2013, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Church AV Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: High Desert, California
Posts: 4,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

I still love Shaw, and i do wanted her to stab the banker in the eye... also the book club ladies, they were so annoying..

Way to go Bear, this time you kicked some arse!

Once again the little hint of Reese being Carter's boyfriend and the "just friends" response, she could have said yes and get this annoying prick (now spy) from asking more questions..

It looked very much like Shaw was "wounded" that Bear left her while she was petting him, to go to Reese when he walked in. Kike she was jealous of his relationship with Bear. It was a well done scene.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Church AV Guy is offline  
post #1445 of 2156 Old 10-18-2013, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 51
While some don't like the whole "did they/didn't they" stuff, this once again goes to my observation that it seems to be happening way more often than before. It's almost as if the Machine is having trouble differentiating these days because of some conflict.

By the way, did anyone else notice the box representation the Machine gave those guys in the vet's office? It was the same as Root's which was a white box with red lines interspersed within it. I'm curious as to what that meant.
Tom Imp is offline  
post #1446 of 2156 Old 10-18-2013, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
philw1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Back in New Hampshire
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

While some don't like the whole "did they/didn't they" stuff, this once again goes to my observation that it seems to be happening way more often than before. It's almost as if the Machine is having trouble differentiating these days because of some conflict.

From Day One Finch stated that The Machine does not distinguish between perp and victim. This is not new.
philw1776 is offline  
post #1447 of 2156 Old 10-18-2013, 07:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I know that, but there is no denying that it is happening way more than before this season. You had maybe 1 or 2 of these in previous seasons, but now this is like 4 weeks in a row.
Tom Imp is offline  
post #1448 of 2156 Old 10-18-2013, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
bpeacock22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,237
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 36
This is exactly the kind of episode I feel like we were promised in this show. More of a "which one are they". I feel the previous seasons have been a bit too forward with not enough mystery about which way the number would go. I enjoyed this episode greatly, in that respect.
philw1776 likes this.
bpeacock22 is offline  
post #1449 of 2156 Old 10-18-2013, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member
 
philw1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Back in New Hampshire
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

I know that, but there is no denying that it is happening way more than before this season. You had maybe 1 or 2 of these in previous seasons, but now this is like 4 weeks in a row.

My point was The Machine is not differentiating because it NEVER differentiated. Not because as posted, "It's almost as if the Machine is having trouble differentiating these days because of some conflict." No, it's always been that way.
philw1776 is offline  
post #1450 of 2156 Old 10-18-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeacock22 View Post

This is exactly the kind of episode I feel like we were promised in this show. More of a "which one are they". I feel the previous seasons have been a bit too forward with not enough mystery about which way the number would go. I enjoyed this episode greatly, in that respect.

I too enjoyed the ambiguity and cynicism of this week's show. The scene showing the boat in the distance, after Reese had left it with the husband and wife each holding a gun on the other, followed by the sound of a gunshot was terrific. It left us not knowing who shot whom. That was all right with me because I didn't care. smile.gif Ii's because of such scenes that I continue to enjoy Person of Interest, despite its occasional silliness.
BoilerJim likes this.
gwsat is offline  
post #1451 of 2156 Old 10-18-2013, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
humdinger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,605
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I too enjoyed the ambiguity and cynicism of this week's show. The scene showing the boat in the distance, after Reese had left it with the husband and wife each holding a gun on the other, followed by the sound of a gunshot was terrific. It left us not knowing who shot whom. That was all right with me because I didn't care. smile.gif Ii's because of such scenes that I continue to enjoy Person of Interest, despite its occasional silliness.
Actually, there were TWO gunshots, so we'll let you figure out what happened.
humdinger70 is offline  
post #1452 of 2156 Old 10-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
Ray Lucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Best episode of the season, imo:
1st scene with the Doggy, and the Vet, and John shoots 3, Bear takes care of the other
Sarah goes to Conn, and pulls the letter opener, gets held back, very funny
Sarah goes to the Lady's Book Review, leaves the room, comes back, pulls her gun, sits down, and says what's this book about as she sips her Chardonnay. Well done
Scene with John on the Boat was great, he threw the gun down, leaves, you know what was going to happen.. It was 2 shots, as noted. Call the Coast Guard...
Ray Lucca is offline  
post #1453 of 2156 Old 10-20-2013, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
billybobg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Francis Utah
Posts: 732
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post

Best episode of the season, imo:
1st scene with the Doggy, and the Vet, and John shoots 3, Bear takes care of the other
Sarah goes to Conn, and pulls the letter opener, gets held back, very funny
Sarah goes to the Lady's Book Review, leaves the room, comes back, pulls her gun, sits down, and says what's this book about as she sips her Chardonnay. Well done
Scene with John on the Boat was great, he threw the gun down, leaves, you know what was going to happen.. It was 2 shots, as noted. Call the Coast Guard...

Agree except it would have been more realistic if there had been a volley of shots. As it was presented, Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the wife could have just shot the husband. One shot, one kill for each didn't work for me.
. YOMV.
billybobg is offline  
post #1454 of 2156 Old 10-20-2013, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rdclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Philadelphia Vicinity
Posts: 4,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I too enjoyed the ambiguity and cynicism of this week's show. The scene showing the boat in the distance, after Reese had left it with the husband and wife each holding a gun on the other, followed by the sound of a gunshot was terrific. It left us not knowing who shot whom. That was all right with me because I didn't care. smile.gif Ii's because of such scenes that I continue to enjoy Person of Interest, despite its occasional silliness.

There were two gunshots, with (I thought) the clear inference that they shot each other.

Too neat, but the whole episode was trite. The problem with these self-contained episodes is that the writers have to take too many shortcuts, allow too many coincidences, make too many assumptions, and compress time to much for any of it to be believable.
Fastslappy likes this.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

 

rdclark is offline  
post #1455 of 2156 Old 10-20-2013, 12:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

There were two gunshots, with (I thought) the clear inference that they shot each other.

Too neat, but the whole episode was trite. The problem with these self-contained episodes is that the writers have to take too many shortcuts, allow too many coincidences, make too many assumptions, and compress time to much for any of it to be believable.

The weaknesses on this week's episode that you mentioned were examples of the show's "occasional silliness" I mentioned in my last post. If I couldn't rise above such stuff, I would never watch a serialized Big 4 network show. It's almost a miracle that Person of Interest has remained watchable for as long as it has.
gwsat is offline  
post #1456 of 2156 Old 10-20-2013, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Church AV Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: High Desert, California
Posts: 4,567
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 52
For as serious a character she is supposed to be, Shaw has been the comic relief, at least in the last episode--letter opener, book club. The wife and I laughed at both scenes.
kittycarole and Fastslappy like this.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Church AV Guy is offline  
post #1457 of 2156 Old 10-20-2013, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Fastslappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: La CasaSlappy @ SlappyVille,SF NorthBay,CALI
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

There were two gunshots, with (I thought) the clear inference that they shot each other..
2 shots & they killed each other is how I took the ending .
The acting was poor on the guest lead spot . Had she been a better actor then the episode would have been Way better .

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
Fastslappy is offline  
post #1458 of 2156 Old 10-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Advanced Member
 
Roger Lococco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Jamaica,Queens
Posts: 969
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
It was an eye rolling, shark jumping moment when she went over the edge of the building onto a passing garbage truck, I'm surprised no one else mentioned how unrealistic and idiotic that was.
Roger Lococco is offline  
post #1459 of 2156 Old 10-20-2013, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member
 
73shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: KC, MO area
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post

It was an eye rolling, shark jumping moment when she went over the edge of the building onto a passing garbage truck, I'm surprised no one else mentioned how unrealistic and idiotic that was.

Didn't Mythbusters prove that you could do this in one of their episodes?

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
73shark is offline  
post #1460 of 2156 Old 10-20-2013, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
domino92024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,444
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post

It was an eye rolling, shark jumping moment when she went over the edge of the building onto a passing garbage truck, I'm surprised no one else mentioned how unrealistic and idiotic that was.

Totally depends on the building's height and what was in the garbage truck. Standard, compacted garbage? Probably not realistic. A pre-arranged passing truck (she was acting like she was expecting it) and it's quite possible.
domino92024 is offline  
post #1461 of 2156 Old 10-21-2013, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
philw1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Back in New Hampshire
Posts: 1,370
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco View Post

It was an eye rolling, shark jumping moment when she went over the edge of the building onto a passing garbage truck, I'm surprised no one else mentioned how unrealistic and idiotic that was.

Good point. Now I remember my eye rolls. I'm willing to cut some occasional slack for otherwise well done TV. Some.
philw1776 is offline  
post #1462 of 2156 Old 10-21-2013, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
billybobg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Francis Utah
Posts: 732
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I thought about the episode ending and I guess i'm flopping to say that it was actually horrible. That the wife stood there in the cabin of the boat and recounted every detail of the episode was network tv at it's worst. I agree that the actress was horrible and the writers having her hit every plot point that had already been discussed actually pained me while I watched it. Add to that the two shot ending where we are to assume that each got one shot and killed each other.... I dunno.
billybobg is offline  
post #1463 of 2156 Old 10-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Senior Member
 
JSUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 38
We are left to decide for ourselves what took place.
Did they shoot each other?
Did she shoot him twice?
Did she shoot him, then herself?

Quite a different ending, if you ask me.

Thought provoking, IMO.
Fastslappy likes this.
JSUL is offline  
post #1464 of 2156 Old 10-21-2013, 10:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
humdinger70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,605
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUL View Post

We are left to decide for ourselves what took place.
Did they shoot each other?
Did she shoot him twice?
Did she shoot him, then herself?

Quite a different ending, if you ask me.

Thought provoking, IMO.
That was the whole idea. We're talking about it, right? (Life is never cut and dried)
Fastslappy likes this.
humdinger70 is offline  
post #1465 of 2156 Old 10-21-2013, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rdclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Philadelphia Vicinity
Posts: 4,161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUL View Post

We are left to decide for ourselves what took place.
Did they shoot each other?
Did she shoot him twice?
Did she shoot him, then herself?

Quite a different ending, if you ask me.

Thought provoking, IMO.

Yeah, it provokes the thought that it was stupid.

Reese had no way to know how the situation would resolve. Yet neither he nor Finch would ever leave that situation -- with that murderous woman knowing about the POI group, and that they know all about her -- potentially unresolved like that. If she lives, she is now a potential threat... and she already had the drop on her husband. (The two shots were supposed to imply mutual destruction, but in reality she would have just shot him twice before he ever got his hands on the gun. More lazy writing.)
billybobg likes this.

Wide Awake

on the Edge

of the World

 

rdclark is offline  
post #1466 of 2156 Old 10-21-2013, 02:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
gwsat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Tulsa
Posts: 14,571
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUL View Post

We are left to decide for ourselves what took place.
Did they shoot each other?
Did she shoot him twice?
Did she shoot him, then herself?

Quite a different ending, if you ask me.

Thought provoking, IMO.

+1!
Fastslappy likes this.
gwsat is offline  
post #1467 of 2156 Old 10-21-2013, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Davidt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,268
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post

Yeah, it provokes the thought that it was stupid.

Reese had no way to know how the situation would resolve. Yet neither he nor Finch would ever leave that situation -- with that murderous woman knowing about the POI group, and that they know all about her -- potentially unresolved like that. If she lives, she is now a potential threat... and she already had the drop on her husband. (The two shots were supposed to imply mutual destruction, but in reality she would have just shot him twice before he ever got his hands on the gun. More lazy writing.)

+1

Finch team is tasked with saving the innocent and bring the bad guy to justice. From the gunshots, we can conclude that at least one of them die, which would completely defeat the mission they try to accomplish.

If she kills him, she becomes the killer. Mission fails.

If they both die. Mission also fails because the innocent wasn't saved.

If he kills her, the innocent dies. Mission fails.

Lazy writing? That's putting it kindly. It's more like incompetent and amateurish writing.
Davidt1 is offline  
post #1468 of 2156 Old 10-21-2013, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 9,946
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidt1 View Post

Finch team is tasked with saving the innocent and bring the bad guy to justice. From the gunshots, we can conclude that at least one of them die, which would completely defeat the mission they try to accomplish.

 

Team? How about a few people doing whatever they see fit. My take is neither was worth worrying about and our 43 minutes are up... doesn't really matter... but if it does (to you) make up your own ending. :) 

Fastslappy and JSUL like this.
Charles R is offline  
post #1469 of 2156 Old 10-21-2013, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
jabbathespud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: SFBA
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I disagree. At that point, they were both evil. They both robbed their charity. The husband was slightly worse because he set up his wife. Neither was innocent. Reese felt bad that he gave the wife an advantage and thought he should level the playing field. If one killed the other or they each killed each other, so be it.
Fastslappy and JSUL like this.
jabbathespud is offline  
post #1470 of 2156 Old 10-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
JohnS-MI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 604
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I really don't see murder-suicide. Women often hesitate. I see three outcomes:
*They each fired
*She double-tapped him
*He double-tapped her

Fire early. Fire often.
JohnS-MI is online now  
Reply HDTV Programming

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off