'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD - Page 58 - AVS Forum
First ... 56  57  58 59  60  ... Last
HDTV Programming > 'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD
Pete-N2's Avatar Pete-N2 09:00 AM 12-17-2013
GOOD NEWS!! I thought I might have missed an episode.

domino92024's Avatar domino92024 01:25 PM 12-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-N2 View Post

The TV listings indicate that tonight's episode of POI is new.

Does anyone know it last weeks episode was new or a rerun??
There was not a new episode last week.

Last week preempted by Victoria's Secret. This week is the season finale.
WS65711's Avatar WS65711 01:35 PM 12-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino92024 View Post

Last week preempted by Victoria's Secret. This week is the season finale.

Are you serious? The entire season is over? I thought most series had about 22 episodes . . .
humdinger70's Avatar humdinger70 01:51 PM 12-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

Are you serious? The entire season is over? I thought most series had about 22 episodes . . .
No, there's more episodes. Tonight is a new episode, next new episode on January 7, 2014. There's usually a lag during the December/January time frame (replaced by seasonal holiday specials).

Tonight's is only episode 11 of the season. Still 11 more to go (if they go with a 22-episode season)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Person_of_Interest_episodes
mylan's Avatar mylan 02:03 PM 12-17-2013
I think tonight is the fall finale before the holidays. It will probably start back in January, like my other favorite show The Blacklist, which starts back in January.
FOPA's Avatar FOPA 02:04 PM 12-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

No, there's more episodes. Tonight is a new episode, next new episode on January 7, 2014. There's usually a lag during the December/January time frame (replaced by seasonal holiday specials).

Tonight's is only episode 11 of the season. Still 11 more to go (if they go with a 22-episode season)

IMDB shows tonight's episode and then 4 more in 2014, with the 15th entitled, "Last Call". . That is what Wikipedia shows, as well, however provides a source, Amanda Segal, stating that they are squeezing in a 23rd episode. Seasons 1 & 2 had 23 and 22 respectively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Person_of_Interest_episodes#cite_note-7

I am sure other posters here have other sources.
domino92024's Avatar domino92024 02:07 PM 12-17-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS65711 View Post

CBS is calling this the "Fall Season Finale." The "Winter Season" is tentatively scheduled to start on January 7.
WS65711's Avatar WS65711 03:57 PM 12-17-2013
I'm thinking that when it returns in January the Guide will call it Season 3 Episode 12. But I could be wrong . . .
jabbathespud's Avatar jabbathespud 10:30 PM 12-17-2013
That was a great episode. Can't wait to see how they dig themselves out of this mess.
Distorted's Avatar Distorted 01:00 AM 12-18-2013
Never saw that one coming.
BoilerJim's Avatar BoilerJim 05:47 AM 12-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post

Never saw that one coming.
Really? After Saul Rubinek's character recognized Mr. Finch, I told my wife, "I bet his wife is not his wife" since he never seemed to know who she was.
MRM4's Avatar MRM4 06:47 AM 12-18-2013
Yes, great episode. We have finally met the mystery woman from the end of last season.

The thing you have to wonder now is if there two machines - Harold's machine and the other guy's machine that really wasn't destroyed, which is the one that talks to Root. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
DrLar's Avatar DrLar 07:39 AM 12-18-2013
Interesting plot twist, I hope Reese comes to his senses and comes back, he's needed after all, Finch is in big trouble.

How the heck is Root obtaining info now? does she implanted herself with some chip that's giving her the info?
jabbathespud's Avatar jabbathespud 07:46 AM 12-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLar View Post

How the heck is Root obtaining info now? does she implanted herself with some chip that's giving her the info?

The room had a window and I assume "she" is imparting visual clues to her.
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 09:05 AM 12-18-2013
Thought it was obvious that his wife was not his wife. I missed the connection that she was "Mam" however. I've speculated before that the threat forecast by The Machine might involve another machine. I wonder what gender the other machine is? smile.gif
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 09:07 AM 12-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbathespud View Post

The room had a window and I assume "she" is imparting visual clues to her.

That's an excellent surmise whether the writers chose it or not. Morse code light flashes could give her the SSN, for example.
DrLar's Avatar DrLar 10:14 AM 12-18-2013
Yeah I think they implied the Morse code thing with young Finch used it to do his first "project"

Teenage Finch was his splitting image, must have been from the casting director of Once Upon a Time..

So Saul's character is named Arthur, I think he likes that name.. LOL
Ray Lucca's Avatar Ray Lucca 10:29 AM 12-18-2013
I thought the teen-age Finch looked like JD Harmeyer from the Stern show, without the mumbling.....
Fusco is still a tough guy...
BoilerJim's Avatar BoilerJim 11:21 AM 12-18-2013
Apparently, Fusco's hands must have healed. smile.gif
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 05:22 PM 12-18-2013
Good episode.
gwsat's Avatar gwsat 08:07 PM 12-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

Good episode.

I agree. Who was the tall actress of a certain age who was identified as Control at the end of the episode? She was very good. I also really enjoyed Saul Rubinek as the NSA math genius suffering from a brain tumor. Rubinek does good work.
jabbathespud's Avatar jabbathespud 10:50 PM 12-18-2013
I expect the disks for Samaritan to be someplace in Warehouse 13. smile.gif
rsambuca's Avatar rsambuca 10:54 PM 12-18-2013
Control was played by Camryn Manheim. I think her biggest role in the past was in The Practice.
Matt L's Avatar Matt L 11:34 PM 12-18-2013
She's had a long and interesting career. She really needs a higher profile role, hope this is it. I've always liked her work.
BriscoCountyJr's Avatar BriscoCountyJr 12:55 AM 12-19-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post

Control was played by Camryn Manheim. I think her biggest role in the past was in The Practice.
She co-starred on the CBS TV show "Ghost Whisperer" for several years too.
balboa dave's Avatar balboa dave 02:42 AM 12-19-2013
Quote:

And Michael Emerson played a very creepy serial killer on The Practice, a character I still see in all of his roles. So this is a bit of a reunion.
BoilerJim's Avatar BoilerJim 05:25 AM 12-19-2013
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by balboa dave View Post

And Michael Emerson played a very creepy serial killer on The Practice, a character I still see in all of his roles. So this is a bit of a reunion.
I remember Michael Emerson's brief continuing role in The Practice very well. It is one of my all-time favorite series. I also remember Camryn Manheim not only from The Practice, but also from one of her first films, the quirky Road to Wellville from the mid-nineties. If you ever get the chance to see that movie, give it a shot. It's pretty good, but VERY strange.
WilliamR's Avatar WilliamR 05:43 AM 12-19-2013
This show is a pale comparison to itself when Reese is not the central character. I find the female lead to be bland and her acting in this role is dry and lifeless. The highlight of this show is when John is being John. They need to snap him out of this rut and get back to what the show is suppose ot be about, not sitting in a bar doing nothing.
WS65711's Avatar WS65711 05:59 AM 12-19-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

This show is a pale comparison to itself when Reese is not the central character. I find the female lead to be bland and her acting in this role is dry and lifeless. The highlight of this show is when John is being John. They need to snap him out of this rut and get back to what the show is suppose ot be about, not sitting in a bar doing nothing.

I believe that "dry and lifeless" is part of her character on the show. She is portraying someone who is very emotionally detached. wink.gif
BoilerJim's Avatar BoilerJim 06:18 AM 12-19-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Which female lead, Root or Shaw? I assume you mean Sarah Shahi, aka Samantha Shaw? Her role may not make her as glamorous as she was on "Fairly Legal," but I like her in POI also. I do agree that Reese needs to be the central character (along with Finch), but let him mourn the loss of Carter for a while. Heck, he's lost the first love of his life, Jessica, then his CIA female partner was killed, and now Joss Carter. Like the Terminator, he'll be back... wink.gif
First ... 56  57  58 59  60  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop