Forum Jump: 
 26Likes

post #151 of 2285 Old 10-21-2011, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Don't get me started on illogical things I see on this silly show.

The most illogical one has to be when the bad guys only used a taser gun on Reese when he intervened in the kidnapping. What criminal organization would let the only witness to their kidnapping live? OK, I know super dude can't die, but make a little plausible.

Also I am tired of the black and white surveillance footage being inserted throughout the show. Talk about filling up the show with nothingness. It's not that this show is anything to begin with.

Edit: was this the part when Reese was shot? I thought he was tased. I better watch it again. But the point is still the same. If you are a really bad guy, you don't let witnesses live.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 2285 Old 10-21-2011, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidt1 View Post

Edit: was this the part when Reese was shot? I thought he was tased.

No, he was definitely shot - point blank from 3 feet . . . in the SHOULDER. These ruthless killers - who won't blink twice about shooting and killing a young nanny -- just gave Reese a grazing shot in the arm which only required a Band aide and he was as good as new.
post #153 of 2285 Old 10-21-2011, 08:43 PM
AVS Special Member

They could have had Reese wearing a bullet-proof vest. Bad guys shot him multiple times but he survived. That would have been much more believable.
post #154 of 2285 Old 10-21-2011, 09:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Yeah I thought he was wearing a vest. I didn't look to closely, but it looked like a grazing shot. I agree about killing him, but maybe they were thinking that since this was outside they wanted to minimize the disturbance.

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!

My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
post #155 of 2285 Old 10-22-2011, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I accidentally deleted the last two episodes of person of interest from my DVR. I am trying to avoid watching them on my computer. I have a new Samsung d7000, Panasonic 310 bluray, Xbox 360 and have Netflix accounts, Amazon prime, directv, etc. I can't seem to find a way to get it to my TV. Any ideas? Thanks
post #156 of 2285 Old 10-22-2011, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

The only thing I can think of is to set your DVR to record the series and hope there are repeats scheduled sometime.
post #157 of 2285 Old 10-23-2011, 02:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 454
Vudu?

Amazon Prime through a Roku?

If you don't have one of those options, short of connecting the computer to the TV, you're likely out of luck until the re-runs start.
post #158 of 2285 Old 10-23-2011, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If you have windows 7 set up with Windows media player, I think you can find it listed under tv..

Kevin Battenfield
post #159 of 2285 Old 10-24-2011, 10:01 AM

Liked: 16
I'm pretty sure Comcast has them available through Xfinitytv. Not sure who your cable provider is though.

Edit, nevermind. I see where you state Direct TV.
post #160 of 2285 Old 10-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 31
CBS.com and the shows look pretty good...
post #161 of 2285 Old 10-24-2011, 01:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
HULU PLUS via ROKU. I watched all the previous episodes of REVENGE (ABC Network) the other night which includes subtitles if you have the new model ROKU. You get a free week if you try it. Otherwise $7.95/ month.

Mikey Mo
"Survived Charley, Frances & Ivan. But Jeanne got me."
Anxiously Awaiting 2014 Hurricane Season.
"OAR OR DIE"
They killed the SACD. Bring it back.

post #162 of 2285 Old 10-24-2011, 03:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 494
CBS doesn't play with Hulu. CBS never have full episodes available on Hulu.

post #163 of 2285 Old 10-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Click cbs.com directly, click on the show you want to watch, and it's free....Watch it on your computer....
post #164 of 2285 Old 10-24-2011, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallen234 View Post

I am trying to avoid watching them on my computer.

Thanks everyone. it looks like I am stuck watching them on my computer
post #165 of 2285 Old 10-25-2011, 01:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 187
TV Notes
'Person of Interest,' 'Unforgettable' Get Full-Season Orders at CBS
By Lesley Goldberg and Philaina Ng, The Hollywood Reporter - October 25th, 2011

CBS is two for three so far in launching drama series this fall.

The network has given full-season orders to Person of Interest and Unforgettable, which The Hollywood Reporter noted was likely to happen. The pair joins freshman comedy 2 Broke Girls in CBS' new fare earning back-nine pickup orders.

From executive producer J.J. Abrams, Person of Interest has performed well in its competitive Thursday at 9 p.m. slot, averaging 9.5 million total viewers and a 2.8 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic. For its fourth episode of the season, Person of Interest ticked up from the previous week, luring 12 million and posting a 2.8 rating.

Unforgettable, starring Poppy Montgomery, regularly wins its Tuesdays at 10 p.m. slot in total viewers and the demo against established dramas including NBC's Parenthood and ABC's Body of Proof. Most recently, the hourlong drew 11.8 million and a 2.3.

Person of Interest stars Lost's Michael Emerson as a mysterious billionaire who teams with an ex-CIA agent (Jim Caviezel) to prevent violent crimes in New York. Unforgettable centers on a Brooklyn cop (Montgomery) who has the ability to remember everything.

That leaves Friday newcomer A Gifted Man, a supernatural medical procedural starring Patrick Wilson, that has been averaging 8.2 million viewers and a 1.3. It is the remaining CBS drama awaiting a full-season pickup.

The two pickups come at a time when the network pulled struggling comedy How to be a Gentleman, starring David Hornsby and Kevin Dillon, after shifting it from Thursdays to Saturdays due to weak ratings.

Other rookie series landing full-season orders include Fox's New Girl, the CW's Ringer, Hart of Dixie and The Secret Circle, as well as NBC's Up All Night and Whitney.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ble-cbs-253071
post #166 of 2285 Old 10-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Caviezel has been convincing in the first few episodes. Emerson is in more of a support role so far. Not sure how the writers will keep his part interesting. The end of the last show was pretty good in leaving the question of how Caviezel's character resolved the situation. It worked for me.
post #167 of 2285 Old 10-25-2011, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
TV Notes
'Person of Interest,' 'Unforgettable' Get Full-Season Orders at CBS
By Lesley Goldberg and Philaina Ng, The Hollywood Reporter - October 25th, 2011

CBS is two for three so far in launching drama series this fall.

The network has given full-season orders to Person of Interest and Unforgettable, which The Hollywood Reporter noted was likely to happen. The pair joins freshman comedy 2 Broke Girls in CBS' new fare earning back-nine pickup orders.

From executive producer J.J. Abrams, Person of Interest has performed well in its competitive Thursday at 9 p.m. slot, averaging 9.5 million total viewers and a 2.8 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic. For its fourth episode of the season, Person of Interest ticked up from the previous week, luring 12 million and posting a 2.8 rating.

Unforgettable, starring Poppy Montgomery, regularly wins its Tuesdays at 10 p.m. slot in total viewers and the demo against established dramas including NBC’s Parenthood and ABC’s Body of Proof. Most recently, the hourlong drew 11.8 million and a 2.3.

Person of Interest stars Lost’s Michael Emerson as a mysterious billionaire who teams with an ex-CIA agent (Jim Caviezel) to prevent violent crimes in New York. Unforgettable centers on a Brooklyn cop (Montgomery) who has the ability to remember everything.

That leaves Friday newcomer A Gifted Man, a supernatural medical procedural starring Patrick Wilson, that has been averaging 8.2 million viewers and a 1.3. It is the remaining CBS drama awaiting a full-season pickup.

The two pickups come at a time when the network pulled struggling comedy How to be a Gentleman, starring David Hornsby and Kevin Dillon, after shifting it from Thursdays to Saturdays due to weak ratings.

Other rookie series landing full-season orders include Fox’s New Girl, the CW's Ringer, Hart of Dixie and The Secret Circle, as well as NBC’s Up All Night and Whitney.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...ble-cbs-253071
post #168 of 2285 Old 10-25-2011, 03:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 548
I watch both Person of Interest and Unforgettable but was particularly pleased to learn that Person of Interest had been picked up. Both Michael Emerson and Jim Caviezel are terrific talents and I think the show had been very entertaining.
post #169 of 2285 Old 10-25-2011, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Of course, any show with 3 AVS threads dedicated to it must get renewed! Check lower down on page one of HDTV Programming & on to page 2 - I see both a thread merge & a deletion in the near future.

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #170 of 2285 Old 10-25-2011, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 92
I reported the newer thread lower down this page. AFA the one on page 2, it's not really so much a duplicate thread(just talking about how to watch this program online) but I guess it does really belong in this thread
post #171 of 2285 Old 10-25-2011, 05:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 12
Topics merged.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

post #172 of 2285 Old 10-26-2011, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
I don't do procedurals. None of them. Except this one that is. I'm really liking it, though it's in spite of Caviezel. I simply don't find him good in the part. I get that he's damaged, etc, but his performance is too whispery and laid back for the part. He's not bad enough to turn me off the show, just the weakest link and still the lead. The stories have been interesting enough to keep me going, but I am a bit annoyed with the incessant street camera views. I'm sure we all get the premise by now and don't really need constant reminders that some security cam or mall cam is providing information. Still, I do like the show.

Ray
"You cannot reason a person out of a position he did not reason himself into in the first place." -Jonathan Swift
post #173 of 2285 Old 10-26-2011, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I like it because of Caviezel. That and the techno theme.

Probably keep showing the cams for new folks just tuning in.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #174 of 2285 Old 10-27-2011, 05:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I watch both Person of Interest and Unforgettable but was particularly pleased to learn that Person of Interest had been picked up. Both Michael Emerson and Jim Caviezel are terrific talents and I think the show had been very entertaining.

I have enjoyed this show more and more, I really like the kidnapping episode and how Jimmy resolved it.

This show continues to improve, and it is action packed with a good heart.
post #175 of 2285 Old 10-27-2011, 06:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 20
the Bourne-like fight choreography is pretty decent.
post #176 of 2285 Old 10-27-2011, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 184
The wife and I are also enjoying this show- glad it got picked up for the full season.

Of the two main characters, I think Finch (Michael Emerson) has a more interesting back story that hopefully will be explored in future episodes.

I really like the dark tone of this series....

FWIW- I'm also enjoying two other new series this fall: Homeland and Revenge.

"If we ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space."
post #177 of 2285 Old 10-27-2011, 10:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post

FWIW- I'm also enjoying two other new series this fall: Homeland and Revenge.

I like Revenge, too, although not quite as much as I like Person of Interest. I have heard good things about Homeland but haven't seen it because I decided some time ago that Showtime and HBO were no longer cost effective.
post #178 of 2285 Old 10-27-2011, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint350 View Post

I don't do procedurals. None of them. Except this one that is. I'm really liking it, though it's in spite of Caviezel. I simply don't find him good in the part. I get that he's damaged, etc, but his performance is too whispery and laid back for the part. He's not bad enough to turn me off the show, just the weakest link and still the lead. The stories have been interesting enough to keep me going, but I am a bit annoyed with the incessant street camera views. I'm sure we all get the premise by now and don't really need constant reminders that some security cam or mall cam is providing information. Still, I do like the show.

I do not dislike Caviezel's performance, but can see where others might take issue with it.

For me, POI is a more "realistic" take on Batman...at least the Nolan-helmed Batman (and not just because another Nolan is in the credits). Except in this case, Bruce Wayne & Batman are 2 different folks, and "Bruce"(Emerson) is a tad more Clark Kent/Peter Parker. Wealthy, but not a ladies man by any stretch. "Batman" (Caviezel) is just the stoic muscle with a dark past.

Finch's observation system is not all that disimilar, to me at least, to the cell-tower "sonar" concept from The Dark Knight

Money does not buy happiness. It can, however, buy you a giant boat that you can pull up alongside happiness. - David Lee Roth

post #179 of 2285 Old 10-27-2011, 01:04 PM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobg View Post

Emerson is in more of a support role so far. Not sure how the writers will keep his part interesting.

Finch has been "getting out" more recently and directly involved in the action. He was on site at the evidence room holdup and this week sat in at the woman's trial.

Caviezel has surprised him at his breakfast diner and he is now on the detective's radar. Along with delving into his backstory, this should lead to more of a focus on Emerson's character going forward.
post #180 of 2285 Old 10-27-2011, 01:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by apk8 View Post

Finch has been "getting out" more recently and directly involved in the action. He was on site at the evidence room holdup and this week sat in at the woman's trial.

Caviezel has surprised him at his breakfast diner and he is now on the detective's radar. Along with delving into his backstory, this should lead to more of a focus on Emerson's character going forward.

How soon will Emerson go Benjamin Linus on the detective?
Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page