'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD - Page 67 - AVS Forum
First ... 65  66  67 68  69  ... Last
HDTV Programming > 'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD
Tom Imp's Avatar Tom Imp 08:04 AM 03-20-2014
For one who has complained about too many factions being introduced in this show, I did enjoy this latest episode a lot.

I will say though that this Vigilance faction is quite annoying and unneeded. Of course, there are probably those out there that are so against the current spying going on by our government that they are probably rooting for this faction's beliefs, but to me it's just too much. Between Finch's group, Root's agenda, Manheim's government lackies, Vigilance and Decima it's just too much going on at once IMO.

BoilerJim's Avatar BoilerJim 08:15 AM 03-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post

For one who has complained about too many factions being introduced in this show, I did enjoy this latest episode a lot.

I will say though that this Vigilance faction is quite annoying and unneeded. Of course, there are probably those out there that are so against the current spying going on by our government that they are probably rooting for this faction's beliefs, but to me it's just too much. Between Finch's group, Root's agenda, Manheim's government lackies, Vigilance and Decima it's just too much going on at once IMO.
Yes, it's hard to keep the players straight without a scorecard.
b5fan001's Avatar b5fan001 08:18 AM 03-20-2014
Amy Acker_1_sm.jpg

Finally figured out how to post this image. Sorry for doing so twice as I learn. To make up for it, I add this one:

Loved the last episode......I am a LOST fan. You can't get twisty/turny enough to push me away!! Bring on the Mythology!!

-W
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 10:39 AM 03-20-2014
I agree that the Vigilance subplot is by far the least interesting, but yes it is reasonable to conceive that such a group could exist given what most folks have discovered is going on relative to creative liberties with the Constitution. So having that faction may inject a dose of current reality in a sic-fi show.

I love the way the Machine has evolved, its special relationship with now bionic Ms Groves and especially the looming threat of a 2nd "god". Saary!
humdinger70's Avatar humdinger70 11:36 AM 03-20-2014
If you watched the very end, you saw Samaritan, as it's starting up, identify possible threats including our gang. Did you catch the one on the upper left: "Hersh, Robert N"? And a very high probability of being a threat, too. Could he also be joining the POI team in the future as well? (After what's been going on with Control, he might be seriously considering switching sides).
mgkdragn's Avatar mgkdragn 11:42 AM 03-20-2014
Anyone notice the Root addition to the opening montage voice over .. ?? Is that a first or did I just miss it or FF thru it on past episodes .. ??
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 12:38 PM 03-20-2014
If you mean Analog Interface next to Root in the opening, it's been there for quite q while
mgkdragn's Avatar mgkdragn 12:48 PM 03-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

If you mean Analog Interface next to Root in the opening, it's been there for quite q while

Root's voice being added to the intro voice over is what I'm talking about ..
humdinger70's Avatar humdinger70 12:58 PM 03-20-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post

Anyone notice the Root addition to the opening montage voice over .. ?? Is that a first or did I just miss it or FF thru it on past episodes .. ??
Yes, the voice over is new. Her photo appearance in the opening montage (as 'Analog Interface') has been there for a while. As is, of course, the disappearance of Carter from same montage.
Matt L's Avatar Matt L 09:36 PM 03-20-2014
Mentioning Carter, I have to say I can't see any easy way she could be worked into the newest plots. I think it was wise to break at the point they did, we are moving into new territory, seemingly less focus on POI and more on the super computers - at least at the moment. This show can turn on a dime.
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 11:55 PM 03-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by humdinger70 View Post

OK, it's official, POI renewed for next season. biggrin.gifcool.gif

http://www.thewrap.com/cbs-renews-good-wife-mom-two-half-men-millers-more

Better be! Damn Straight!
humdinger70's Avatar humdinger70 01:11 AM 03-23-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

Better be! Damn Straight!
Sorry, looks like the link I used isn't working anymore. Try this one...

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/13/cbs-renews-the-good-wife-the-millers-two-and-a-half-men-hawaii-five-0-and-13-more/244495/
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 04:49 AM 03-23-2014
What Terminator (fox tv) should've been? lol

philw1776's Avatar philw1776 09:14 AM 03-23-2014
Answering the Why of analog interfaces
PMA's Avatar PMA 01:27 PM 03-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipfreak View Post

What Terminator (fox tv) should've been? lol

That scene reminded me of The Matrix.
MRM4's Avatar MRM4 10:01 AM 03-26-2014
Interesting episode last night. The main plot was a bit predictable. Who didn't see the woman getting away from Shaw? But they tied it nicely into the backstory of the machine and everything going on there with Samaritan.
dealer6871's Avatar dealer6871 10:29 AM 03-26-2014
Like how Fusco is getting meatier parts and not looking like the rue he portrayed in the earlier seasons. Also think Shaw is beginning to soften and take an interest in him if the final scene at the restaurant is any indication. His calling her by what seemed to be her first name (?) was a surprise, since she works at keeping that a secret.
jabbathespud's Avatar jabbathespud 11:26 AM 03-26-2014
With Lionel getting splashy collars, i wonder if his superiors are giving him more leeway to do his job. Will we see Lt. Fusco?
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 07:41 PM 03-26-2014
So....we're back to seeing John throw guys out of windows again smile.gif

I love the machine to be vs The Machine theme. Wish we could focus on that instead of being tantalized.
Roger Lococco's Avatar Roger Lococco 12:32 PM 03-27-2014
was that a double or Sarah in the elevator fight?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kduxC7jTvVs
bpeacock22's Avatar bpeacock22 02:54 PM 03-27-2014
Haven't watched this week's episode yet but I wanted to ask what the news of Amy Acker being on SHIELD means for her role on POI? Anyone heard?
DrLar's Avatar DrLar 11:32 AM 03-28-2014
Since several actors pull a double even some triple shows, it doesn't mean anything other that she has a lot of work!

Wasn't the bad guy that got killed "The President" from HoC?
gwsat's Avatar gwsat 11:53 AM 03-28-2014
As usual, I thought this week's episode was a lot of fun. Laughed out loud when Root took Bear with her. Those two are the most adorable characters in the show; in Root's case, lethal but adorable. Have also enjoyed how the dueling machines storyline has been developing. As often as the show threatens to fly off the rails because of John's wildly preposterous physical prowess, it manages to retain its identity and its sense of humor. Fun stuff!
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 12:59 PM 03-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

As usual, I thought this week's episode was a lot of fun. Laughed out loud when Root took Bear with her. Those two are the most adorable characters in the show; in Root's case, lethal but adorable. Have also enjoyed how the dueling machines storyline has been developing. As often as the show threatens to fly off the rails because of John's wildly preposterous physical prowess, it manages to retain its identity and its sense of humor. Fun stuff!

Why can't they be more physically realistic like they are with Shaw's fight scenes? rolleyes.gif
JSUL's Avatar JSUL 02:06 PM 03-28-2014
Some suspension of belief is required for almost all tv/movies.
POI is no different.
mgkdragn's Avatar mgkdragn 02:11 PM 03-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post

Why can't they be more physically realistic like they are with Shaw's fight scenes? rolleyes.gif

Aww, come on now .. former US Army Special Forces and CIA Black Ops are some bad ass dudes ..

I call him John "Batman" Reece .. wink.gif
gwsat's Avatar gwsat 03:07 PM 03-28-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSUL View Post

Some suspension of belief is required for almost all tv/movies.
POI is no different.

Good point. In shows like Person of Interest, and even more wildly improbable ones like Banshee and Strike Back, I crank up my suspension of disbelief factor to max, knowing that the very preposterousness of such shows adds to their excitement. I confess that these shows are among my guilty pleasures. Although they make me wonder about my taste they are nevertheless great fun.
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 09:45 PM 04-01-2014
Yeah, so many times the Pro trained miltary sharp shooter experienced person will blow though clips of ammo at the wall, desk, and chair all in the name of "suppression", but actually hitting a human in anyway... difficult...

Didn't... Root get shot in one of the recent episodes... ? I know she's cray cray, but she's not exactly Neo...
philw1776's Avatar philw1776 10:10 PM 04-01-2014
Our friend the Analog Interface just got re-tasked. Busy girl.
Vipfreak's Avatar Vipfreak 01:57 AM 04-02-2014
My god, Sarah's hair this episode. LUV!
First ... 65  66  67 68  69  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop