'Person Of Interest' on CBS HD - Page 87 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 111Likes

post #2581 of 2596 Old 04-15-2015, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 67
May not be popular but the episode was ill timed at the end of the season when they should be going hard in the arc like they have the past 3 seasons. Pretty boring. Especially after watching the series finale of Justified. I fwd'd thru in a few spots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2582 of 2596 Old 04-15-2015, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 80
The timing of it is a bit odd. Might have been better placed in January or February. Now there's only two episodes left to wrap up whatever they intend to wrap up this season.
post #2583 of 2596 Old 04-15-2015, 07:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 637 Post(s)
Liked: 927
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post
Wow, almost 9 hours since the newest episode went off and no comments yet.

I thought it was interesting, yet very strange even for POI standards. The only thing I can think of is this is John's way of dealing with the loss of Carter and trying to let go of himself so he can be close to the shrink.
He's bleeding out, he's hallucinating and Taraji P. Henson had a little free time and is one of the hottest (as in bankable) TV stars of the moment .. myself, I thought it was a great episode and showed us a side of Mr Reese that added more depth to his character .. and the addition of Carter was just the icing on the cake ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #2584 of 2596 Old 04-15-2015, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Wow, almost 9 hours since the newest episode went off and no comments yet.

I thought it was interesting, yet very strange even for POI standards. The only thing I can think of is this is John's way of dealing with the loss of Carter and trying to let go of himself so he can be close to the shrink.
Maybe because IMHO it was a drag episode.
BroadwayBlues likes this.

In space, no one can hear you scream . . .
post #2585 of 2596 Old 04-15-2015, 10:38 AM

I don't see them concluding any storyline in the last two eps besides maybe the Elias half of the brotherhood/elias storyline. Decima has been around since season 2. Not enough eps to tie that up. Plus they have shaw. The brotherhood hasn't gotten enough focus to tie up. HR lasted for 2 1/2 seasons before it was tied up. My guess is we will get some cliffhangers again.

Last nights ep did nothing for any of those storylines. They should have shown that sentimental, soul searching, nonsense earlier in the season. Not to mention they are not on again next week. Way too many breaks between new episodes this season.

Last edited by BroadwayBlues; 04-15-2015 at 10:42 AM.
post #2586 of 2596 Old 04-15-2015, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I agree, the timing of the episode is off and will affect the pace and conclusion of the season and its storylines. I think the episode has value in character development for John in showing how much he thought of Carter, and how much he actually expressed. Showing how much he takes for granted in the team he works with and in his relationships with them. Also goes to show how deeply he felt for Carter. I don't think the gang wars or decima/machine face off will wrap up this season, they will most likely carry over. It is going to be a fast finish now though.
post #2587 of 2596 Old 04-15-2015, 08:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
He's bleeding out, he's hallucinating and Taraji P. Henson had a little free time and is one of the hottest (as in bankable) TV stars of the moment .. myself, I thought it was a great episode and showed us a side of Mr Reese that added more depth to his character .. and the addition of Carter was just the icing on the cake ..

Unlike others here I agree with you. Getting a little tired of the Samaritan and the bad guys formula. This was a welcome change back to the main characters for me
Stereodude likes this.
post #2588 of 2596 Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
I really liked the episode. I understand the frustration with the timing of it in the season but odds are the main story lines carry over until next season anyways.
post #2589 of 2596 Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I was very frustrated by this episode. Watched it last night and my FIOS DVR started recording late and ended early. Hope it is available on demand so I can see it in its entirety.
post #2590 of 2596 Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOPA View Post
I was very frustrated by this episode. Watched it last night and my FIOS DVR started recording late and ended early. Hope it is available on demand so I can see it in its entirety.

There's something going on with the guide at Fios because mine has been starting consistently at 10:01 for 2 months and it misses the first mnute of the show so I had to edit the season pass to start the recording a minute earlier.
post #2591 of 2596 Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Let me say my comments were not because I didn't like the episode. I liked it very much. Just ill-timed. I would have rather seen this earlier in the season instead of one of the filler episodes.
post #2592 of 2596 Old Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieva View Post
There's something going on with the guide at Fios because mine has been starting consistently at 10:01 for 2 months and it misses the first mnute of the show so I had to edit the season pass to start the recording a minute earlier.
Not just fios. CBS has been starting POI a minute early on directv and it hasn't been reflected in the guide. I set the genie to start 1 minute earlier for POI after the second episode of the season.
JohnDG likes this.
post #2593 of 2596 Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
Thread Ender

Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post

Not just fios. CBS has been starting POI a minute early on directv and it hasn't been reflected in the guide. I set the genie to start 1 minute earlier for POI after the second episode of the season.
I've noticed all season long its been starting early on my TiVo (missing about the first 30 seconds). Prior seasons the recording always picked up with about 10 seconds of the preceding commercial . . .

I believe it's time to Overthrow VerticalScope..
and Bring Back Huddler!

It's a shame that in the end TCU's playoff chances all came down to this . . .
post #2594 of 2596 Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I liked the episode, but agree its placement seemed a little strange. Not sure if they could have come up with as good as a season ender as last year. I could see them running this Samaritan plot line for another two years.

Call AVS For the Best Deals!!!

My new favorite game is Stop the Bots
post #2595 of 2596 Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
The timing of it is a bit odd. Might have been better placed in January or February. Now there's only two episodes left to wrap up whatever they intend to wrap up this season.
My fear that the do not intend to really wrap up anything this season only grows stronger after this installment.
post #2596 of 2596 Old Today, 03:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Not sure how I felt about the last episode.

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming