Old 10-04-2011, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyehill View Post

Quality was as terrible yesterday as it had been all season. So on a whim I called Directv instead of Sony to ask why it's so awful and the woman that answered asked why I was watching it via PS3 instead of my Directv account (I just have Redzone on Directv). I told her it was because with PS3 you can just buy a month at a time (didnt want to lie and admit I was just using my dad's streaming account). She put me on hold and came back to inform me that since I'd been with Directv so long that she was adding full NFL Sunday Ticket to my account for no charge and no contract. Huge win for me, and a huge win for you guys since you won't have me telling you how god-awful this service is on PS3.

Win,win is always good, congrats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2011, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well here is my long story of DTV/NFL sunday ticket....stay with me here..lol

When I first signed up for directv part of the deal was I would get sunday ticket for free, well of course they pulled the bait and switch on me. More or less told me that I agreed to be a new customer during the promotion, but my service was installed after the promotion had ended so I didn't qualify.

Fast forward to a year later, I get relocated for my job. This is all during the whole "movers connection" promo. So I call them up and tell them I am going to move, but they tell me "Well we can't give you sunday ticket for free because you missed the customer loyality cutoff date by 3 weeks." (Basically saying I didn't have enough time in to qualify). And yes, it was in the fine print at the bottom of the commercial.

Well this past year I've tried a couple more times to get a deal...never anything. Always the same "you can get the day pass for $44.99 for one sunday". I had finally given up, but on a limb I thought I'd try again one more time today. I get through to a guy who offers it to me for like $10 off...I tell him that I can't afford it and the only channel im interested in is redzone and I knew dish offered it for $7/mo.

Then he started playing ball...So fast forward to the end, I am paying $20/mo (basically $100 for the season) But they also gave me NFL to go, so I can watch on my phone for free. Which I've heard they hardly ever give anyone a deal on sunday ticket who is still locked in a contract with them.
Old 10-05-2011, 03:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Wellman View Post

It's all about money with you isn't it Jedi?

I like spending my money wisely.

Broadcast TV - a vital national public resource
Old 10-05-2011, 06:06 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronartest2005 View Post

Which I've heard they hardly ever give anyone a deal on sunday ticket who is still locked in a contract with them.

That couldn't be farther from the truth. I had 14 months left on mine and they credited me the entire amount this year. Many people in-contract got $250 off and free To-Go this year.

See:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.ph...94#post2826194
Old 10-07-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws192 View Post

That couldn't be farther from the truth. I had 14 months left on mine and they credited me the entire amount this year. Many people in-contract got $250 off and free To-Go this year.

See:

Wow, that's awesome. So I basically got that deal then. But I didn't have to use the method of waiting for a female csr. Actually all of the female ones were the ones who wouldn't give me a deal.

The only thing different I did was I mentioned the dish network redzone channel. That's what got them in the dealing mood. But even when I mentioned that he said something like "Well dishs' isn't the same as ours, and ours is the one designed by the nfl...blah,blah,blah"

I was thinking though with how hardcore the nfl is about their image/product there is no way they would tell dish "you guys go ahead and make your own channel to represent the nfl"

But either way I got a deal on it. Thank you for linking me to that though, I may have to try that next season!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:37 AM

I was on the road last Sunday so I didn't get to use the app then but today I noticed version 1.02 was available to download. I updated the app and booted it up, looks like some video improvement, at least to what I could on the Redzone channel and that the rew/ff/pause menu is easily accessible.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_Dude View Post

I was on the road last Sunday so I didn't get to use the app then but today I noticed version 1.02 was available to download. I updated the app and booted it up, looks like some video improvement, at least to what I could on the Redzone channel and that the rew/ff/pause menu is easily accessible.

The video stability is better and now access to the highlights actually works now....

Now what we need to make it this app awesome is....

1. A lower price point $219 - $279 is more reasonable than $340

2. Higher mbps on HD Stream

3. 5.1 DD audio at least 256kbps

4. Short Cuts Feature

5. Fantasy Tracker

6. Archived games like MLBTV does with their subscription service

Samsung 60F8500
Panasonic 55GT30
Panasonic BDT310
PS3 (PS4 coming soon)
Sony STR-DG1000 AVR
Mirage Omnisat V2 7.1 set up with Energy S10 Sub
Old 10-30-2011, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah watching Redskins/Bills game right now video looks good but way too much pixelation. I have almost 20mb cable connection. 3000k is the max Directv uses correct? Gurrrr why can't they use 4.5mb like MLB.TV. Quality is sharp on my Iphone 4S but also way too many pixels.

Pisses me off I can't watch on both at the same time!
Old 10-31-2011, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehren View Post

Yeah watching Redskins/Bills game right now video looks good but way too much pixelation. I have almost 20mb cable connection. 3000k is the max Directv uses correct? Gurrrr why can't they use 4.5mb like MLB.TV. Quality is sharp on my Iphone 4S but also way too many pixels.

Pisses me off I can't watch on both at the same time!

I have a feeling, and I could be wrong, that alot of these problems should be resolved by next year. I am sure whoever controls this is looking into it, and alot of problems, or suggestions by users, will be implemented.

MLB.TV was the same way the day it started. But over the past couple of years it has DEFINITELY improved. So will streaming NFLST.

And streaming it on the PS3(mlb.tv and nflst) is the best option available. I still think the ps3 is the best at streaming services cleanly/well. It's internet interface is really good, and the most evolved out there for a stb/blu-ray player. Plus it plays video games.

So for $249+tax, you get a hell of machine with multiple capabilities.

NFLST will improve streaming. All of you out there using it are PIONEERS, so you will experience all the crap, and make all the suggestions that the management will hopefully listen too.

And thi sin turn will make the product so much better for us SETTLERS when we arrive either next year, or the year after most of the bugs are gone.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:38 PM

Liked: 11
looks like they are dropping the price for the rest of the season to $199 according to another site.

Xbox live: Mighty GLI
PS3: Mighty-Gli
Old 11-06-2011, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

$199 for 8 weeks is still steep, my buddy i work with has sunday ticket but does not have a password or email account setup with Direct tv, ARGH!! i'd pay $100, how about a sport pm me a password so i can test it out for the GB/SD game at 4.
Can you watch 8 games at once like Direct TV?
Old 11-06-2011, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud-man View Post

$199 for 8 weeks is still steep, my buddy i work with has sunday ticket but does not have a password or email account setup with Direct tv, ARGH!! i'd pay $100, how about a sport pm me a password so i can test it out for the GB/SD game at 4.
Can you watch 8 games at once like Direct TV?

No. You're paying the same price as Directv users for fewer features and lousy video/audio quality. And we're halfway thru the season and Directv/Sony/NFL have done nothing to change that. They simply dont care.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:40 AM

Anyone else getting a free preview for this week? I got a message saying that I got it free this week. Works good, does pixel a little, but not bad. Just not worth the 349.99 for me as Red Zone Channel is good enough
Old 11-06-2011, 11:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Got a msg from where?, on your PS3?, Free???
Old 11-06-2011, 04:11 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by niembre View Post

Anyone else getting a free preview for this week? I got a message saying that I got it free this week. Works good, does pixel a little, but not bad. Just not worth the 349.99 for me as Red Zone Channel is good enough

yep I got a free preview also for today only....

Edit: Bud-man, it came in my PSN inbox.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:00 PM

yes, on my psn inbox. Got the message yesterday
Old 11-07-2011, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

looks like they are dropping the price for the rest of the season to $199 according to another site.

Are they sure their not being to generous. What big hearts they have.

My local Fox affiliate showed the GB/SD game Sunday.

Old 11-07-2011, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Litigator View Post

That's a price increase, not drop. They're charging 200 for half a season, whereas a full season was 340. It's a 60 dollar increase.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

That's a price increase, not drop. They're charging 200 for half a season, whereas a full season was 340. It's a 60 dollar increase.

Directv is charging their subs $212 for a half season, so thats a $72 mark up...

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/conten...-1&lpos=header

Samsung 60F8500
Panasonic 55GT30
Panasonic BDT310
PS3 (PS4 coming soon)
Sony STR-DG1000 AVR
Old 11-07-2011, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post

Directv is charging their subs $212 for a half season, so thats a $72 mark up...

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/conten...-1&lpos=header

Doesn't make their price increase on PS3 any better. Why does half a season cost more? I love watching NFL games, but more and more each day I despise the money-grubbing a-holes running the sport.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Advanced Member

@ SkyeHill

I think your just bummed because your Pats have dropped two games in a row and a possible third this coming week....Tehehee...

Samsung 60F8500
Panasonic 55GT30
Panasonic BDT310
PS3 (PS4 coming soon)
Sony STR-DG1000 AVR
Old 11-07-2011, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post

@ SkyeHill

I think your just bummed because your Pats have dropped two games in a row and a possible third this coming week....Tehehee...

Hahaha that doesn't help.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Doesn't make their price increase on PS3 any better. Why does half a season cost more? I love watching NFL games, but more and more each day I despise the money-grubbing a-holes running the sport.

The money-grubbing a-holes are just DirecTV. The NFL has 4 games in HD on Sunday on free broadcast television. You can still watch the best matchups of the day for free.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Funny how you never mention that you could bum NFL Sunday Ticket to go from a gwnerous friend and watch whatever game I want to for free.

And the FOUL!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post

The money-grubbing a-holes are just DirecTV. The NFL has 4 games in HD on Sunday on free broadcast television. You can still watch the best matchups of the day for free.

DirecTV has to get a ROI. They pay a huge sum each season to the NFL for the right to have ST. They aren't money grubbing a-holes. Stop complaining.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niembre View Post

yes, on my psn inbox. Got the message yesterday

So your saying they gave you a name/password to access sunday ticket?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:21 AM

At first, that's what I thought I would have to do (setup user id and password), but when I opened up the app, it took me directly to the front page of the sunday ticket and loaded up the redzone channel. I could then select any game I wanted. I'll have to give it a try this weekend and see if it still works.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post

comments like this are amusing...

d* (and the nfl, ftm) are in business for one reason... to make money... it's not an altruistic venture...

it's called capitalism... get used to it... they have a product... they assess the anticipated demand and price it to where they can make the most amount of money...

i'm curious... do you tell your employer "no, don't pay me as much as i'm worth"?

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

Old 11-09-2011, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

comments like this are amusing...

d* (and the nfl, ftm) are in business for one reason... to make money... it's not an altruistic venture...

it's called capitalism... get used to it... they have a product... they assess the anticipated demand and price it to where they can make the most amount of money...

i'm curious... do you tell your employer "no, don't pay me as much as i'm worth"?

What makes them money-grubbing a-holes is that in the 3 or so years that streaming has been offered, they've done next to nothing to improve the quality despite thousands of complaints. They can get suckers to pay for it, but not me. Want to charge me the same as Directv users? Well then you better damn well offer me the same content and the same quality. They don't. And they dont appear to give a ****.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

This crappy service DirecTV is selling is not worth it.